CnC3 modification: Tactical Warfare

52 replies to this topic

#1 rezz

Casual

• 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 18:37

Check out our moddb.com page here:

LINK

and if you would like to help us go here and leave a message in the "Jobs" thread.

Forum LINK

There is alot going on in the hidden developers-only forums.

Rezz

mobile power station MPS (modeled by rezz)
and Eurocopter Tiger (modeled by Illia)

Attached File(s)

Edited by rezz, 21 April 2007 - 19:15.

#2 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 21 April 2007 - 18:52

One question about this "Currently the factions consist of the US, Russia, China, North Korea, EU, and Iran.", what other counties do you plan on adding other then some of the obvious ones you've already mentioned?

Edited by Soul, 21 April 2007 - 18:52.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#3 rezz

Casual

• 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 18:58

View PostSoul, on 21 Apr 2007, 18:52, said:

One question about this "Currently the factions consist of the US, Russia, China, North Korea, EU, and Iran.", what other counties do you plan on adding other then some of the obvious ones you've already mentioned?

why? aren't these enough for you to play with?

Right now, its Iran and U.S. (or EU). The rest are for much later releases. By then, lots changes might occur. Future is uncertainty!

rezz.

#4 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 19:02

It's just that US, China, EU, and Russia are to generic and have been in so many other mods and games imho.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#5 rezz

Casual

• 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 19:04

View PostSoul, on 21 Apr 2007, 19:02, said:

It's just that US, China, EU, and Russia are to generic and have been in so many other mods and games imho.

Well we have Iran. and I don't consider EU generic. I can't recall a mod that fully utilize EU as a faction. And for future, I am suggesting to my team to include North Korea and South Africa. South Africa has lots of unique equipments.

Edited by rezz, 21 April 2007 - 19:06.

#6 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 19:05

Good point.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 30 April 2007 - 13:03

View Postrezz, on 21 Apr 2007, 19:04, said:

Well we have Iran. and I don't consider EU generic. I can't recall a mod that fully utilize EU as a faction. And for future, I am suggesting to my team to include North Korea and South Africa. South Africa has lots of unique equipments.

Well Actually... :)
-America's Rage
-CnC Europe
-Rise of Europe
-World Rebellion(not sure on this one)

Edited by zeke, 30 April 2007 - 13:04.

#8 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:21

"Fully utilize" he said not WIP's (ok except for C&C Europe which is dead anyway)
Posted Image

#9 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:55

U forgot TPoHW :D @Zeke

#10 Axel of Sweden

<Custom title available>

• 739 posts
  • Projects: Operation Garbo

Posted 06 May 2007 - 18:53

Will this mod feature construction unit,s?

since Construction yard just dont fit in a modern mod

Give infantry alot off abilites, this will make them important and less useless in the later games
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Indigo

Professional

• 352 posts
  • Projects: Ripping-off Counstrike1.6 player models for GenZH infantry.

Posted 08 May 2007 - 22:27

So sad the aircrafts will probably be limited with only called-in airstrikes :/
Posted Image

...and I don't know what to do...'cause I'll never be with you...

#12 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts
  • Projects: Silent Dawn VI: The Dark Return, Sigma Invasion

Posted 09 May 2007 - 15:26

Oh GOD >: !!! Not another modern combat mod! There is already one in the making, maybe even 2! *sigh* Do what you want but please make this actually better than the other (which has a god awful storyline).

IMO, you should completely drop the whole real world thing and make a fictional world with fictional countries that don't have to obey today's standards but still have our tech. Really now, the only thing making me hate these modern combat mods is that they all pretty much the exact same premise nowadays and really a lack of creativity. "USA in Iraq, old enemy countries attack ect ect ect or whatever." Please for the love of god stop this Iran, North Korea, EU stuff. You can still keep the modern feeling even if you put a fictional twist to it :D . Having a mostly fictional world will open up greater possibilities and creative freedoms without getting the "Iran doesn't have THAT!!!". You have all these options and yet you want to create a real world mod when there are already other real world mods being made? Originality is a great factor in games and mods. If several teams constantly pump out the same exact mod with little differences then it would get repetitive. In my own mod I go by the motto "Originality is King, Creativity is Master". I try to avoid any excessively used concepts or designs and keep things original. I even developed a completely unique storyline that is not from any movie or game, and I have high hopes for it.

If you are still adamant about keeping this modern warfare theme, the least you could do is make a fictional world. After all, no Iranians or such would get pissed off by your mod if it was a fictional country in a fictional world in a fictional universe. Ignore me if you want but I still stand firm in that CNC3 should not be spammed by TCs that are only a bit different... even if it has different features.

Edited by Vengence, 09 May 2007 - 15:28.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Friends look out for one another

#13 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 09 May 2007 - 15:47

hmmm i saw your apache model... it looks good but not like a real apache...
a real apache is more edgy...
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#14 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 20:42

@Vengence: Get a grip man....it doesnt have to everything fictional as everywhere else.....Jesus if a man wants to make a modern combat mod with a realistic storyline then he will do it...
Posted Image

#15 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 09 May 2007 - 20:44

View Postzeke, on 30 Apr 2007, 14:03, said:

-America's Rage

*is touched* arage being mentioned :D

as for the mod try to add something orgional.

Doesnt seem so atm IMHO.

#16 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 00:32

View PostTehKiller, on 9 May 2007, 20:42, said:

@Vengence: Get a grip man....it doesnt have to everything fictional as everywhere else.....Jesus if a man wants to make a modern combat mod with a realistic storyline then he will do it...

Oh? Then why is there ANOTHER mod like that? Go ahead and make it but do we really need more MC's in the air? Generals had like 3-4, maybe even more MC mods in the works at the same time and I pretty much got bored seeing the same units over and over again.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:56

dude STFU....u can say that for all the ZH mods that adds the same faction (like Russia,EU) and get asswiped....this isnt your mod and ure not even part of it as far as i can see so shut up
Posted Image

#18 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:52

Vegence is right. 1000´s of MC mods, with everytimes the same units and never something new. Boring? Yeah. Orginal? Nope. Funny? Nope³.

#19 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 13:03

but still it isnt his mod.....if he wanst a totaly SF stuff then he can make himself his own mod instead of shitting on someone elses mod
Posted Image

#20 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 13:45

I know :). And he IS making his own mod :D

Anyways, good luck with this, rezz

#21 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 15:04

I'm just disappointed, not trying to kill a mod. I just feel that there are too many MCs, so many that it has driven me nuts about this subject. And well... also that sick incident at sleipnirs. And the fact that MC mods pretty much contradict the "Custom Content Equals Innovation" quote I am very aware of. Custom? Yes. Innovative? Nope. Sure, make that mod but to me it will be another tack mark of thousands on the wall of MC.

Mods are much like food in a certain way. Great mods are a great feast to behold. However I consider MC mods to be roughly semi above average in that they are not expansions (some exps are good though). Imagine MC as mac and cheese (MC LOL!!!). It can be good for a while but if you eat only mac and cheese for a while you eventually get bored of it and pretty much refuse to have anything to do with it. That is how I feel. There were so many MC mods that I just got plain bored of the subject matter.

Edited by Vengence, 10 May 2007 - 15:08.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 15:11

I think it's mainly cause they use the same damn countries(USA, Russia, China, EU, etc etc.).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 15:39

You know, now that I think about it, that is more or less true... Japan has an interesting air defense force I think. Their variation on the F-16 (I think it is F-2) is pretty interesting. Hmm, Canada? Australia? Just to fictionalize a bit: South Korean elite hackers of doom.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:49

Or Singapore?

I mean, if you want American-ish tech but not use USA... Singapore is an excellent choice.

You've got F-15s, F-16s, then Apaches... awesome navy with stealth frigates...

And then there's South Africa and China... Both Unique sides too...
Posted Image

#25 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 27 May 2007 - 23:28

I read through this and... I agree with Vengeance on just about everything. This will be like another one of those MC Mods. Even from the beginning it sounds like it. Had you excluded some of the generic factions(mainly US, China, Russia, EU) than it may be a bit more unique.
However the best way to really do this is just create a new storyline. Not every MC mod has to follow just the US going in to free some country and than somehow every other country getting involved.
There is nowhere that says you cant make up your own factions, or organisations. Or at least use different thigns other than modern over used equipment like the Apache and Abrams.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users