What type of mods do the you guys want?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Mod types you want to see for CNC3! (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Mod types you want to see for CNC3!

1. Expansion (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Modern Combat (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

3. Past Wars (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Fictional (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 IDF Godzilla

No more a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT!!!

• 558 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 18:33

Hey guys,
I'm interested to know what kind of mods you would like to see being developed for CNC3?

"Expansion" type mods - mods that are basically work like Shockwave, they are kind of major expansions for the original game that add new content to the original factions.
"Modern Combat" type - mods about our own time and dimension, war on terror and "near" world war 3 concepts with realistic content and very realistic battles.
"Past Wars" type - mods that bring back past known conflicts like World War 1/2, Vietnam, Israeli-Arab conflict history and so on.
"Fictional" type - bring in a fictional idea of future wars and factions or fantasy ideas (Lord Of The Rings for example).

If you have a different idea then my own then i would love to hear what you think!

Edited by IDF Godzilla, 06 May 2007 - 18:34.

Posted Image
Thanks 'try
--------------------
MSN: yboy_man@walla.co.il

#2 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 18:48

Expansion for me. If they are well made, they're better than the original game. If I want WW2 or whatever, I get myself a game which is about it in the first place. As for C&C3, a TD-conversion might be nice too...

#3 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 06 May 2007 - 19:00

i would personally love to see modern combat. I am trying to get a few modellers who are either indian or pakistani who are willing to a MEC style mod but the setting is in Indian sub continent with Pakistan and India (maybe china) as playable side.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 19:01

Expansion. There are so many new units EA could have thrown in to make it more interesting. Seems like they got away with the bare minimum and concentrated on the engine and storyline more. Or maybe I am spoiled by SW?

#5 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 06 May 2007 - 19:37

the kept it stripped down because they will be adding the more kick ass stuff in the expansion pack. they will be milking this baby as much as possible.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#6 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 19:53

Fictional, Fallout-style. Concept phase allready started.... :D
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#7 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts
  • Projects: Silent Dawn VI: The Dark Return, Sigma Invasion

Posted 06 May 2007 - 20:23

Fictional all the way. Though the longest to develop they have the potential to reach a level of creativity and innovation that no other can match. However these mods are the most difficult and most time consuming to make.

Expansions are very common and helps a game live longer but doesn't add much into the story and sometimes, expansions can be quite silly and dumb depending on how you work it.

Modern Combat is an overused subject that shows very little creativity or innovation in any way given that it has already been done hundreds of times. We all have seen it, heard of it, and know it all too well. This can end up being a very boring mod unless it is one seriously innovative mod. Other than that it lacks a great deal of creativity.

Past Wars type are equally used as much as modern combat. Maybe even more. However this holds a great deal more potential as there are many wars out there that have not been made into a mod. One can even make a fantasy mod based off historic legends.

Fictional types, as I said, have the greatest potential out of all of these. These mods posses innovation, creativity, and originality that none of the others can really match at all. However these are the hardest to make as everything has to be made by you. This is what many game devs do and many come up with excellent fiction.

Solutions:
Modern Combat may be an overused subject however this can be avoided. For instance: Look at the Ace Combat series. They are all modern semi science fiction games however rather than base it off real life, they made a completely different planet. These fictional powers can be similar but very different. If one were to approach modern combat like this then we can expect a greater amount of creativity and innovation.

Past Wars are indeed often used however one doesn't have to follow history. Look at Resistance Fall of Man. They altered the timeline to make the story convenient to the situation. This offers a tremendous amount of creative freedom as we no longer have to obey what has happened or will happen.

We are the modders. The Artists of gaming. If we want to do something, then we CAN. If we want to make something that doesn't follow history, then we can.

Edited by Vengence, 06 May 2007 - 20:35.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Friends look out for one another

#8 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 21:02

i would want a mod that fixes the bugs and increases the games diversity, as i already am bored of tank spamming n00bs and the same old, same old gameplay

Posted Image

#9 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 06 May 2007 - 22:02

Expansion for sure, but a Modern Combat would be nice too, also a futuristic mod with lots of asskicking mechs would be great also.
Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostInsomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#10 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 09 May 2007 - 18:03

Expansion, Modern Combat ( A little ) and I would love to have a Mortal Kombat - Armageddon total conversion of ZH or C&C3. I currently am making plans on my own.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#11 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 19:28

Question, certainly some of you want modern combat but do you think that having to many modern combat mods is good at all? Having to see the same abrams, apache, soviet tanks, ect over and over again through these mods is really a good situation? Personally I don't think that is a good idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 09 May 2007 - 19:42

By Modern Combat mod, I mean one that has countries never used before, like India, Australia, Mexico, Japan, etc etc.
Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostInsomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#13 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 00:36

Really? Then it seems we are out of luck because quite frankly, I constantly see the same factions whether it is US, Russia, Iraq, Iran, ect ect.

Well the least they can do is be creative with what units they include! Even though, for example, the F-15s/MTD is not a true combat aircraft that is being used by NASA it can still far out preform any other F-15 and could match the F-22 in agility. Think of it as a cheaper version of the F-22 for gameplay that has the same speed and agility and firepower but no stealth.

Edited by Vengence, 10 May 2007 - 00:54.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:00

I am split between Modern Combat and Expansion.

#15 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:48

Expansion or Past wars.

Posted Image

#16 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 18:25

I guess it is agreed that we want expansions. A large percentage votes for that and fiction. So, what could we modders add to CNC3 that still fits the game?

IMO we should avoid CABAL based mods for now. Even though I don't have CNC3 yet (Damn you apoc, where is my free copy of CNC3 I won!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) I suspect that it MIGHT be the main theme in the expansion pack. Think about it, CNC3 finally divulges info about the true origins of Tiberium and stuff and now that the mystery of the Scrin has been revealed (the fact they exist) EA can now focus on finishing the mystery that is CABAL and fix up some loose ends on what happened in Firestorm. After all, the original CNC3 made by westwood before generals had CABAL in it and had units.

So I think for now lets stick with what he have and expand upon the existing sides in CNC3.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 19:31

View PostWaris, on 10 May 2007, 04:00, said:

I am split between Modern Combat and Expansion.

Its funny how you can simply qute your message instead of typing it
Posted Image

#18 Axel of Sweden

<Custom title available>

• 739 posts
  • Projects: Operation Garbo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 21:33

Tiberian Dawn! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 21:36

GO MODERN! w00h00

(Seriously)

#20 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 19 May 2007 - 21:48

Tiberian Twighlight (a mod that leads off better from TS)
Posted Image

#21 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 22:26

Renaissance/Imperial Age that won't suck ass.
Writing Thread

#22 Alie

I want to Poop, Back and Forth. Forever

• 643 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:48

fictional future-modern with a cronosphere!

fiction
Posted Image

#23 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:30

fictional future-modern with a cronosphere!

At the Moment in time;
That would be C&C3 Condition Red, or C&C: Red Alert Revolution
Posted Image

#24 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 15:50

View PostLeatherneck, on 19 May 2007, 21:36, said:

GO MODERN! w00h00

(Seriously)

Congrats you have 2 similar mods to choose between.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Axel of Sweden

<Custom title available>

• 739 posts
  • Projects: Operation Garbo

Posted 20 May 2007 - 16:53

Classic, CnC, CnC3 got the perfect engine for that,

Walls,

Construction yard