The End

40 replies to this topic

#1 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 21:54

I always questionned what happens after death. I have come up with two things:
1) we get recycled into the Earth from which we came.
OR
2) we enter either heaven or hell to serve our sentence of eternal paradise or eternal agony.

I cant decide on which one is right though. Both have there own appeals.
If we just merely get recycled than that means we dont have to suffer and that it all ends. But thats the problem, It all ends. In the blink of an eye it vanishes. Who you were never matters again. And you become dust never to see anything ever again. Which than makes the entire hardships and your entire life pointless. This very idea has made me shake at times. The thought of nothing at the end of the long journey. There are even times when I just want to end it all just to stop the further hardships.

So heres the question after reading this and how I feel about it, I wanna know:
How do you feel about this? What do you think happens after?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 22:05

Could also be reborn.

But yeah, I hate teh feeling also. Even the feeling of eternal life and paradise. I just can't imagine any end or forever being a good thing. Which sucks.

#3 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 22:25

There are even times when I just want to end it all just to stop the further hardships.

i know how you feel,
ive often thought 'if i kill myself now will it matter?'

Posted Image

#4 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 16 May 2007 - 00:23

We become one with the planet by making our final contribution to the cycle of life.

It's quite a honor.
Posted Image

#5 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:41

View PostOverdose, on 16 May 2007, 01:23, said:

We become one with the planet by making our final contribution to the cycle of life.

It's quite a honor.

if you say so

Posted Image

#6 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:14

An honor? Regenerating the earth that screwed me over so many times? Fertilizing the lawn of the farmer who boosted the price of corn to make some extra pocket change even though he's sitting pretty wealthy anyway?

Please. I shall regret the day that my body decomposes to restore this hellhole.

#7 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:34

This truly is an interesting question and I'm not sure how it'll all end myself.

Edited by Soul, 16 May 2007 - 02:34.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#8 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:26

View PostLeatherneck, on 15 May 2007, 23:14, said:

An honor? Regenerating the earth that screwed me over so many times? Fertilizing the lawn of the farmer who boosted the price of corn to make some extra pocket change even though he's sitting pretty wealthy anyway?

Please. I shall regret the day that my body decomposes to restore this hellhole.

It's not about being fertilizers (though that is a part of the process). It's way more deeper than that.
Posted Image

#9 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:03

For me :

We wait under the ground ( or wherever our corpse is ) until the Day of Judgement , and when universe is over , God create us again and we go Hell or Heaven as a punishment or reward .

#10 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:26

No matter what the end is, it has no impact on my current state of life, so I rarely think about it.

Neither do I fear death. Even if death simply is failure of homeostasis and my ego being snuffed out forever, reverting to a state of nothingness, where I'll no longer exist in any form. Suffering, joy - all these things are given form and meaning by our current existence as fluctuating, feeble creatures of hope and pain. In a state of nothingness, there is no suffering, no happiness, nothing. What is suffering, what is pain, what is glee?... Figments of a mortal mind who constantly relies on contrasting emotions to provide the basis of an emotional existence.

Enjoy what we have here on Earth and don't fear what's coming, because you only hurt yourself in doing so. Suffering isn't suffering with nothing to compare it to.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#11 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:27

Partly agreed with General....I think we will end up in Heaven or Hell until Judgement Day and then God revives us and the rest u kno (AKA Christians should know)
Posted Image

#12 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:17

Rebirth FTW! Don´t ask me how or why, but ATM I believe that every person gets reincarnated after death, taking some characteristics and memories from it´s former life to the next.

Yeah I know it doesn´t make any sense. But all the other theories (including drop dead and that´s it) aren´t more logical aswell.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#13 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:04

Well, I wish I could fully explain my views on this matter but they're closely connected with my entire idea about the universe. Would be a bit too complicated for the moment. Anyway, after death, when our physical existence expires, we basically become nothing. We no longer exist materially (since our body, which is basically an organic machine ceases to function) but something of us must carry on existing. Classically religious people would call it soul but I think it's some kind of energy. Anyway, we would basically exist in nothing, being nothing for the rest of the world and we'd probably only exist for ourselves. Hard to put without making things too tough but I just think that even if we are nothing, even if we have nothing we could feel things with, we still have to BE something. lol, this must sound like I'm stoned or something but the whole question we discuss here is impossible to answer anyway, since nobody can tell us the answer now. What I do find pleasant is that - once we die - we WILL find the answer. We will only be unable to share it.

Edited by Rayburn, 16 May 2007 - 11:06.

#14 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:24

^i agree with that,
sort of like, you contimue to live within ur own imagination.

Posted Image

#15 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:27

What I do find pleasant is that - once we die - we WILL find the answer. We will only be unable to share it.

Yeah, this is pretty mind-bending. The only question of which the only way to get a definitive answer is to die.

Edited by Mathias, 16 May 2007 - 18:57.

Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#16 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:32

but u cant tell anyone the answer. weird.

another theory i just thought of:

what if you just constantly live the same life over and over, each time making slightly different choices, and meeting a different end each time.

Posted Image

#17 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:00

Like skipping through different parallel universes?
In a way, it does sound interesting but then again, it wouldn't make sense. A life like that wouldn't serve a purpose since things seem to stand still overall...lol, I'd also find it kind of frustrating to live through mostly the same shit all over again.

#18 Sic

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 5507 posts
  • Projects: NLS 2D Artist, Code 13 Cameo Artist

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:51

View PostMathias, on 16 May 2007, 10:26, said:

Enjoy what we have here on Earth and don't fear what's coming, because you only hurt yourself in doing so. Suffering isn't suffering with nothing to compare it to.

QFT. Don't care about what happens after you die. Care about what happens as long as you live.

What if afterlife on hell/heaven was not true? Then you'd just have limited your life for no purpose.

Edited by Sic, 16 May 2007 - 12:52.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#19 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 20:28

The rebirth as the same life theory ahs some validity to it.

Suppose time is a cylinder that repeats every so many billions or trillions of years. The variance in the cylinder allowed is infinite, the cylinder has almost no top or bottom, but there are a set number of things that can happen if you think about it, so the cylinder is extensive. This means that at one point, the same thing will happen twice, and this includes your birth. So assuming that happens, you can still meet a different end and whatnot.

Yeah its such a bullshit theory but its a theory.

#20 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 16 May 2007 - 22:52

I like your theories. There are some things though that still cause me to think about this and cause me to get nervous about it.

Suppose that we do become energies as Rayburn said. If we do than what purpose do we serve? There is no reward for what we have done. And the infinite existence is still something that isnt something you want. I mean to live for eternity, never to be known again. To only watch what else happens.

The God theory always comes up. Everyone thinks that there is a god that determines what happens afterwards. But how do we know if we have been good or bad? He cant truly determine who has. Since everyone can be both. But its different to everyones eyes. A guy who steals would think its okay if he steals to feed his family yet someone else see's him as a criminal.

The infinite life cycle is very interesting though. I can see it being much like the big bang. I think it would happen like that. Only after so many trillions of years all of the worlds and suns and everything would be sucked up again, for a rejuvenation process. And than another big bang would happen. If this is the case than it makes me feel alot more rested. Still very unerved.

Another of my own theories is that what we have is an actual dream. Cause I know everyone has had deja vu's, and it shows us the future. So the way I though was, that we lived this life already a couple of times. We cant remember it thats why we get sudden flash backs. its things we have gone through. This could be another life cycle. And slowly we awaken. But when we do it could be just to another dream. And so we get more deja vu's. And when those deja vu's become constant than we have truly awaken and than we can die. (long and complex)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 22 May 2007 - 19:21

Nothingness. All roads lead to death and all roads have the same experience. Death is the great leveller, more so than anything in life. A rich man's death is no more different than the death of a poor man or the death of a tree. The events surrounding the causes of those deaths may be so, but the death itself is equal to all three.

#22 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:44

Before questioning what happens after death,, I always ask first (and have never found an answer),,, why do I see through these eyes? Why don't I see through someone elses.

If there's a god and a heaven and a hell, I'll deal with it when I die. If things just 'end',, then I've got no choice and I've got better things to do with my time than contemplate it. But my birth,, thats something I'll never comprehend.

Why, when this body came out it's mother, I saw through it's eyes, and not the other babies eyes in the room across the hall.

Then again, sentience is a man-made, man-defined concept, and while we comply to it's requirements, a 'true' definition of sentient may find us very lacking, and our bodies and essence are a lot simpler than we realise, so much so that death really is just a simple process, with no concept of afterlife.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#23 G-sus

batshit insane

• 802 posts
  • Projects: Coding Skynet

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:05

although this is a very important and complicated area of thoughts,
my outcome with it is rather simple.
for i think it won´t matter if i´d end my life right now, its not worth ending it.
and even though the beginning and end are not to be controlled by myself, it is not pointless at all...
it is the life that matters, because it is the only thing that IS to be controlled by myself.
but after all, everything is going to end, inevitably.
everything that has ever been and ever will be.
and so only because it will end, it has a meaning.
things that couldn´t end would not have any meaning at all,
because they would ever be there.

so, at the very end, i´m not afraid of death,
knowing it´s the only thing that gives life a reason.

one thing remains, keeping me alive,
it is the fear of dying.
Posted Image
(Sig by The DR)

True beauty comes from heart and mind.
(but perfection has also big boobs)

#24 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:12

one rthing that puzzles me why do living things die ? wy not live for ever ? sure you can explain that we evovled this way but how and why would we so

many questions so few anwsers sence there is not complete answer

#25 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:16

Simple Entropy? Complex structures eventually devolve to simpler, low energy states?
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users