The End

40 replies to this topic

#26 G-sus

batshit insane

• 802 posts
  • Projects: Coding Skynet

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:21

if life would last forever, there would be no use for any change...
and isn´t it changing, life is all about?

in opposite:
if there was no changing at all, everything would ever be as is was from the beginning,
could there possibly be life?

anything alive changes the world around itself, even only by being alive.
so life is about changing, and that even includes the status of being alive...
Posted Image
(Sig by The DR)

True beauty comes from heart and mind.
(but perfection has also big boobs)

#27 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:49

If life was endless, Earth would be overpopulated within a month. Imagine all beings on the planet staying alive and becoming more and more. It's just a matter of logic that things must die, so there's still enough for the new ones. IF we ever stop dying, we also have to stop reproducing to keep atleast a bit of a balance.

#28 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:52

Neglecting death is one of the major motivators for loads of human behaviour.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#29 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:30

Simple question, not so simple answer. I would, do, and would again, bet my life on the reality of God. No, He's not like Santa Clause, you don't get into Heaven based on how "good" you are. If that were the case we'd all have to go to Hell. Since God's standard is perfection, the punishment for our mistakes would have to be Hell... I've struggled with this before... Back when I was going to commit suicide in my Junior year in highschool. But then I was showed the answer... I realise that the end doesn't have to be so mysterious. Those who are going to Heaven know they will. If you don't know, you haven't made the choice. The choice to accept the reality of a God who wants to let you live forever apart from this hell hole of a home we call Earth. That's what heaven is... Not clouds and harps and baby angels that look like cupid, that's gay. Heaven is just the reality of a life after death. A life in a world that isn't fucked up by selfish people who destroy their lives along with everyone elses. That's what it is... A reward for being able to destroy your pride and acknowledge your imperfection. That's all Christianity is! Not a bunch of rules that if you don't follow you will go to Hell... No no no. Not at all. There's no way. If the Bible is right, which I believe it is, it says that we were "birthed into sin." That we were born as imperfect creatures. That's all. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus I guess is the only way to get to Heaven. "Not by good things that we've done, but because of His compassion He saved us from death." Death doesn't have to be the end... A man died with you in mind so that you wouldn't have to be a slave to the power of death. That man was the son of God. Jesus Christ. And he loves you. And He ordered your life so that you can see His love. Just like me. I was going to die and He saved me. Showed me. What love is...
Remember me? You old timers?

#30 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:46

^ Interesting .
Something a little connected with yout situation ;
If I weren't a muslim , I should be dead now since I should suicide , but since I believe suicide is the one of the biggest sins which let you burn in hell till forever , I am not doing it so , I am actually bored from life but religion keeps me alive .

#31 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:23

You're threatened into not committing suicide, so you don't? I'd probably do exactly the opposite.

http://en.wikipedia....Appeal_to_force
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#32 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:46

Just because something is reasoned with punishement may not be a good basis to see it as true, but neither is it a good basis to see it as false by default.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#33 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:03

Maybe not, but I refuse to give in to scare tactics.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#34 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 17:22

Now that's just stubborn. For I refuse to give in to the belief that I have no purpose in the end. :lol:

#35 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 30 May 2007 - 18:00

One of the best refusals you can make Solo Wing, one of the best. :lol:
Remember me? You old timers?

#36 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:48

I've heard theories [cough]damn Sir Roger Penrose[/cough], that the information that makes up your consciousness survives at the quantum level after death, perhaps looseley entwined by strange fields and so called "spooky action at a distance".

Just a theory...

But a pretty damn enticing one for us atheists.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#37 Thinker

Amateur

• 129 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:46

View PostJudgement, on 15 May 2007, 21:54, said:

I always questionned what happens after death. I have come up with two things:
1) we get recycled into the Earth from which we came.
OR
2) we enter either heaven or hell to serve our sentence of eternal paradise or eternal agony.

I cant decide on which one is right though. Both have there own appeals.
If we just merely get recycled than that means we dont have to suffer and that it all ends. But thats the problem, It all ends. In the blink of an eye it vanishes. Who you were never matters again. And you become dust never to see anything ever again. Which than makes the entire hardships and your entire life pointless. This very idea has made me shake at times. The thought of nothing at the end of the long journey. There are even times when I just want to end it all just to stop the further hardships.

So heres the question after reading this and how I feel about it, I wanna know:
How do you feel about this? What do you think happens after?

My belief is what you acomplish do on earth will count towards the afterlife. If your deeds are good and you do good most the time you will be given a great afterlife. If you do evil you will have a horid afterlife. It sorta implies to the "what comes around goes around" thing. Also dont think what you do on this earth isnt worthwhile becuase every little thing you do influences some one else. If you work hard in life like albert einstein you can be written about in history books and dont think you can't. Enjoy your time on this earth do good and everything should be fine thats my opinion. The earth is so perfect the sky water plant life and animals its all so perfect so try to enjoy your stay.

#38 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:40

One idea I like is death is similar to a caterpillar entering a cocoon and turning into a butterfly.

Life is like the cocoon and what happens when that cocoon hatches, who knows. BUT, if you're life ends 'unnaturally', like murder or somesuch, it afflicts you since you're underdeveloped.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#39 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 08 June 2007 - 18:49

me i belive time is an ilision it is 2 ways so since u existed u still exist right now u are 100 or 2 or 55 all at once

#40 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 16:10

View PostCommander Abs, on 8 Jun 2007, 07:40, said:

One idea I like is death is similar to a caterpillar entering a cocoon and turning into a butterfly.

Life is like the cocoon and what happens when that cocoon hatches, who knows. BUT, if you're life ends 'unnaturally', like murder or somesuch, it afflicts you since you're underdeveloped.

But... everybody will die unnaturally because of the heart which stops beating. When you die because of old age, your heart will stop beating and you die. When you die because of murder, your heart also will stop beating. It all ends in the same thing, whether painful or not.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#41 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:26

But... everybody will die unnaturally because of the heart which stops beating. When you die because of old age, your heart will stop beating and you die. When you die because of murder, your heart also will stop beating. It all ends in the same thing, whether painful or not.

Eeeh,, sorry, really badly worded what I meant there :) I guess what I was pointing to was that if you die at an old age, from some old-age condition it's less of an issue, guess I was more pointing to if your life ended at, say, your 40's as opposed to 80s to 100s.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users