Scientology

30 replies to this topic

#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 14:55

Right ive just spent 1/2 hour on Youtube watching the BBC Panorama video on John Sweeny investigating Scientology.

Now i reckon the beeb has some bias in reporting, but it still doesn't alter my European viewpoint that scientology is a fucking scary cult.

In England we have the Anglican Church, which is the biggest group of softies ever. i love the anglican church. you can go up to them and state "You God is false and died years ago" and they will probably do very little except offer you afternoon tea and some biscuits to discuss it. (Ok so you may get a reaction, but not a big one)

In Scientology, if i mention 'cult' to a member i can expect to be tailed and have my name dragged into the mud. This is terrifing for someone who believes in free speech (one of the rights of the US constition i believe [correct me if im wrong please])

Now in contrast with the Anglicans its insane, but if i contrast it with the deep south and the devout Christians there, it becomes far more reasonable (or at least less unsuprising). If i repeat my statement about God to a person from the Sothern US, i can expect to get my head stoved in. and if you want evidence for this please watch the youtube of topgear in the US (link provided).

In conclusion, Scientology is a cult (not a religion according to the Charties comission) but its devout believers are no worse than anyone else. The problem is that there is no middle ground of moderate Scientologists like in Christianity.

Links for clips mentioned

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6J8-Zfzd55E Scientology pt1 (rest are on sidebar of video)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dZLyGqAnRLA Top Gear US

#2 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 17:01

The creator of Scientology once said "the best way for a man to get rich would be to create a religion"...
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#3 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 18 May 2007 - 17:05

Scientology is trying to get into India and i am participating in a movement from stopping them getting recognition as a religion. its not a religion. its a cult. no religion charges its follower, no religion copy right its shit and no religion has the right to tell its members to "Disconnect" from their family members. Its a freaking Scam and i am personally boycotting all public scietologist of hollywood. Screw you Travolata and Tom Cruise, May all your future endeavours turn out to be BattleField Earth.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#4 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:10

Just lol at the last comment :/

Anyway, scientology is crap and needs to be abolished. A cheap scam as previously stated.

#5 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:58

I knew that twit Cruise was in it, but Travolta?!?! Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Seriously, how can you call something a "religion" when somebody like Cruise tells his wife, she HAS to remain silent during child labour?!? It's friggin' rediculous. Something called "Scientology" you'd think would have anything and everything to do with science. Nope. They deal with natural things, which as the name suggests, makes it an oxymoron. You realize they're one step away from being the socially acceptable KKK?

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#6 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:12

@Pimp's Comment: Yay, good on you, hope you succeed :/ .

I hate Scientology as much as pretty much everyone else, I saw some videos once on Google video about them, you should check it out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#7 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:04

scientology kinda pisses me off (not really sure y though.......)

btw personally i believe most of hollywood should go to hell for their stupidity but..... meh what can you do?
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#8 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:12

My first reaction to this: LOL WUT???

And it stays on ever since.

#9 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:39

Mathias, on 18 May 2007, 12:01, said:

The creator of Scientology once said "the best way for a man to get rich would be to create a religion"...

The creator of scientology made created it simply because of a bet. He took a bet with someone else (the name escapes me at the moment) saying that he could make a religion just from writing a book.

Like many others have said, how can you believe someone's writings when they are a science fiction writer?
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Big or small, home is home. Even if there's nothing left of it."

#10 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:51

Like many others have said, how can you believe someone's writings when they are a science fiction writer?

Yeah, how can you?
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#11 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:13

the hollywood people who belive in scientoligy do it for publistity or so they can stand out, i think.
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

View Postcozmoisme, on 21 Jun 2007, 18:19, said:

AHHH MY WANG IS A IN CAR DOOR, I CAN FEEL EVERY THING!!!!

#12 Thinker

Amateur

• 129 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 20:44

Scientology is a belief not a religion and that top gear video is crazy. .

Edited by thinker, 08 June 2007 - 20:48.

#13 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:00

Not to rope in other discussions here, but a Religion is by definition, a set of beliefs, and does not require a divine entity to exist. Hence, Scientology is a religion.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#14 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:15

I still think of it as a cult bent on taking all your money.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Thinker

Amateur

• 129 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:51

That may be true but, other religions do this to in a way. They say give donations give tithes give offerings if you want. Then why does the bible tell me i need to give 10 percent and offerings, witch is sorta like taking my money in a way so can that also be counted towards a cult?. They say if i dont give to the church im a sinner and in a way forces me to give if i want enternal life and god to be happy with me. They say its used to help the church but sometimes is just used by the preist to further his greed this doesnt applly to all churches but some whos preist are corrupt and the followers end up paying the price and im also talking about christainity in case you dont know. Also in my opinion scientology is a belief and not a religion I dont care if you say otherwise.

#16 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:56

thinker, on 9 Jun 2007, 00:51, said:

That may be true but, other religions do this to in a way. They say give donations give tithes give offerings if you want. Then why does the bible tell me i need to give 10 percent and offerings, witch is sorta like taking my money in a way so can that also be counted towards a cult?. They say if i dont give to the church im a sinner and in a way forces me to give if i want enternal life and god to be happy with me. They say its used to help the church but sometimes is just used by the preist to further his greed this doesnt applly to all churches but some whos preist are corrupt and the followers end up paying the price and im also talking about christainity in case you dont know. Also in my opinion scientology is a belief and not a religion I dont care if you say otherwise.

That's normally in Catholic churches. I don't think that it actually says in the Bible that you need to give 10% and offerings. I think that's something bishops and priests made up. I also think Martin Luther may have pointed something of that nature when he posted the 99 or 100 things wrong with the Roman Catholic church.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:05

Also in my opinion scientology is a belief and not a religion I dont care if you say otherwise

Then you're ignorant. Besides, I'm just conveying what the rest of the world thinks. You might not believe it if I said 1+1 = 2, but it doesn't change the fact it's correct.

Go on, pick up 10 different dictionaries and read the definition of Religion.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#18 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:09

Commander Abs, on 9 Jun 2007, 01:05, said:

Also in my opinion scientology is a belief and not a religion I dont care if you say otherwise

Then you're ignorant. Besides, I'm just conveying what the rest of the world thinks. You might not believe it if I said 1+1 = 2, but it doesn't change the fact it's correct.

I was simply pointing something out about the Roman Catholic church.

Did I say that the definition of religion is wrong?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:29

@ Grim: Wasn't pointed your way,, I was quoting thinker.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

#20 Prophet of the Pimps

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:36

Here is something interesting to ponder about. the sheriff that let paris hilton go out of jail for the first time was a scientologist. Not gonna say anything much more but i think scientologist were trying to recruit that dumb bitch into their tutty fruity religion.
Posted Image

#21 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:11

Probably would join if she thought it as trendy. And so would her moronic fans.
Writing Thread

#22 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:11

They must have hit a low when relying on someone like her. On the other hand, she shurely has influence over the weak minded.

Commander Abs, on 9 Jun 2007, 06:05, said:

Problem is that "cult" has a definition too...

In religion and sociology, a cult is a group of people (often a new religious movement) devoted to beliefs and goals which may be contradictory to those held by the majority of society. Its marginal status may come about either due to its novel belief system or due to idiosyncratic practices that cause the surrounding culture to regard it as far outside the mainstream.

(cult) (kult) a system of treating disease based on some special and unscientific theory of disease causation.

(noun) often attributive [French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate -- more at WHEEL]; First appeared 1617 1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP 2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents 3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents 4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health ~s> 5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object ...

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#23 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:10

On a side note, I found out that Jason Lee is a scientologist today. You know, the guy who plays Earl in My Name Is Earl.

Must be why he accepted the lead role - to promote karma from a scientologistic standpoint.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#24 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:23

Mmmh,, Paris Hilton under the influence of Scientology would be pretty scary.

Yeah,, a cult doesnt necessarily have to be a Religion, but a cult can be a Religion too. TV shows, books etc. can have cult following, and the people who are part of those cult followings aren't part of an encompassing Religion.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

#25 Prophet of the Pimps

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:55

On a side note, I found out that Jason Lee is a scientologist today. You know, the guy who plays Earl in My Name Is Earl.

well thats another TV show on my boycott list.

for a comprehensive list check out
http://en.wikipedia....ist_celebrities
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users