I think women are better than men.

30 replies to this topic

#1 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:21

I came across this feeling whilst watching 300 in the cinemas. There were a couple of much older men in the row behind me who would laugh everytime the movie suggested in any way that women of Sparta had as much, if not more, power as men. I found this quite irritating.
Then, it occured to me that I do indeed think that women are in most ways, if not all ways, better than men are. I don't mean that they are equal, I mean that they are, to me, much more than men are.

Being a male myself, is this a wrong way to think at all? In today's society, despite the feminist movements, women are still physically and socially weaker than men. I sometimes find this quite disturbing. So again, being a man, is this incorrect?

Even Christianity (a religion of which I am a part, but am losing faith in) says that men came before women. This, to me, is intended to make them appear more dominating over women because women were created from men. However, when I look at it, most modern machines are created from an older design and the newly created design is an improvement on the other. So, if what the bible says is true(which I doubt), then are women basically men 2.0? Wouldn't that make them better then?

I'm not sure what's going on with me but this is simply what I've recently started thinking.

Anyone care to comment on this?
Posted Image

#2 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:25

Both kind have better and worse sides than each other , that make us equal .

#3 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:33

I am going to be cold and logical, i am a man that is what we do best.

Women and men are different, one cannot be outright better since they are different entities. Its like comparing Bananas and Oranges, sure one has more vitamin C but the other is high is Potassium. If you need Potassium a banana is your best bet, Vit C go for the Orange.

Think about Evolution or just all the evidence we have that humans were cavemen. Men would go out hunting to feed thier family(s) while the women would stay at home and look after the children. To this end men have better vision for spotting movement whereas women have greater field width.

To continue the species we need both, to find a good pair of shoes ask women (especially my girlfriend), to design and build a raft get a man.

Men are stronger, we have different muscle structure, women who have to give birth to the young and thus are more exposed to infection have far superiour immune systems. So we can shift more weight, in almost every country on the planet women outlive men.

#4 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:43

I see what you mean, Dauth. I understand that men and women have their differences and profeciencies. What I am asking, however, is: Is it wrong, as a man in today's society, to think that women are far superior to men?
Posted Image

#5 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:46

I don't believe either is better than the other. I also believe gender barriers are overrated. The strongest woman is still stronger than the weakest man. What I mean to say is, it depends on the individual. I don't class people as "man" or "woman", I class them as themselves. There are also women who can think logical, and men who can't. Basically "properties" being classed as belonging to one gender, stereotyping, certainly not restricted and always for that gender. I think every one of us has those properties of man and woman, no one is "100% man" or "100% woman". Of course we have our body parts and our DNA, but hormone levels do vary and stereotypes prove more often false than not.

For example. I'm a woman, I don't like shopping for clothes as much as some other women do. I like computer games and I study chemistry.

You have no idea how frustrating it is when people think you can't do something just because of your gender (unless of course it would be related to body parts). I have had classmates who didn't want to talk with me about videogames because they thought I knew nothing (turns out they didn't even know what a mod was..).

I think one should take each person for what they are and not just by looking at their gender. I believe both genders are equal and both are needed. I'm not a feminist, I'm for equality.

I want both genders to get respect and I want people to be respected for who they are. This also includes the image that women have at times, lately in our nowadays society; that they have to look "pretty" and that they're only "sex toys". Reason I mentioned this is because I think it's related and also because it highly annoys me. I realise this likely isn't the right forum for it, but I wanted to type it anyway.

@ CoLT's post above mine
I don't find it more wrong as to think that men are better than women. In fact I find it less wrong, because it is not your own gender you see as being better. People who see their own gender as being better, are being kinda selfish and stuck-up, to my own opinion.

Edited by Blaat85, 07 June 2007 - 08:49.

#6 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:26

so your going to say that the female gender is better than the male just because of a few sniggering twats you saw in a cinema? If you had looked around you would have probably seen a bunch of girls doing the same.

I like most of the above dont think any gender is greater than the other.

Women and men are different, one cannot be outright better since they are different entities. Its like comparing Bananas and Oranges, sure one has more vitamin C but the other is high is Potassium. If you need Potassium a banana is your best bet, Vit C go for the Orange.

^exactly

you can judge an individual male to an individual female, but in the big picture that means nothing.

Edited by Warbz, 07 June 2007 - 10:28.

Posted Image

#7 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:41

Well from the point of biology, the average female is supperior to the average male on almost every attribute.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#8 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:47

pah, all it is biologically is thay develop a mental maturity earlier than men.

big woop

Posted Image

#9 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:50

More enduring, more intelligent, more effective physique, better immune system, longer lifespan and so on...
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#10 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:57

*huff*

i aint getting in to any silly argument just pointing out what attributes each have. im just gonna say this (again).

Men and Women are equal.

Posted Image

#11 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:17

No the whole freakin point is that they aren't equal becuase you can't measure them on any senseble scale. Both are required to continue the species (with the exception of some very specalised genetics). Both bring useful attributes to a family surrounding.

#12 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:21

They might not be physically equal, but what's wrong with considering them equal in all situations that don't explicitly call for special treatment?
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#13 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:38

Warbz, on 7 Jun 2007, 18:26, said:

so your going to say that the female gender is better than the male just because of a few sniggering twats you saw in a cinema? If you had looked around you would have probably seen a bunch of girls doing the same.

No... I just remembered that situation and the fact that it annoyed me. I only developed this way of thinking quite recently.

CodeCat, on 7 Jun 2007, 19:21, said:

They might not be physically equal, but what's wrong with considering them equal in all situations that don't explicitly call for special treatment?

I don't see anything wrong with that. I just seem to think that men are inferior to women in almost every respect. (minus brutish strength that seems to be less easily available to women than it is to men.) I was just wondering what society would think of something like this.

Although we would like to think that both genders are equal in the modern world, the truth is, men and women are not treated equally. Men have been world leaders since the dawn of time. The only exception is the Queen and various other prominent women in power throughout history, however, they have always been viewed on some level as inferior leaders than they would if they were men. We live in a very male-dominated world, whether we realise it or not.

This is why I'm asking if this particular feminist view is wrong if held by a man.
Posted Image

#14 Short Stuff

The Music Man

• Member Test
  • 1448 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:04

Physicaly, Men have a tiny advantage. Mentally, Women have the advantage there. Modern World, Men have the slight advantage, but thats changing.

I agree women need to have more right, heck, how can women not be supioror? Most of us were taught to read,write,math,and history by women.
Posted Image

#15 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:14

ok nethier one of us is superior men arnt beter netier am i beter then a man

Edited by nova, 07 June 2007 - 12:17.

#16 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:27

@Thread, its not wrong as long as your beliefes do not impinge upon the freedoms of anyone else. You can think the sky is held up by an army of giant space ants if you like. and as long as you dont habour any hostilities to the rest of us it doen't matter.

#17 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:40

Well you see, this is where real life comes into it. You see, I tend to get severely disturbed or upset about certain things involving women. Such as maltreatment, neglect, etc. I really don't take very kindly to men who do this to women. Similarly, I tend not to be very nice to men who dont speak with respect to women. I don't intend to be rude to them but I just can't help but dislike them greatly if they have low opinions of women.
Posted Image

#18 Athena

Embody the Truth

• Gold Member
  • 2672 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 13:01

CoLT, on 7 Jun 2007, 14:40, said:

Well you see, this is where real life comes into it. You see, I tend to get severely disturbed or upset about certain things involving women. Such as maltreatment, neglect, etc. I really don't take very kindly to men who do this to women. Similarly, I tend not to be very nice to men who dont speak with respect to women. I don't intend to be rude to them but I just can't help but dislike them greatly if they have low opinions of women.

I don't think either women or men are better than the other, and that both are human individuals that should be treated with respect unless there is a good reason not to do so.

As Dauth said, it is not wrong as long as you don't enforce it upon others, ie going around saying (other) men would have to pay or more whatever.

#19 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 13:43

Well I understand that and I try not to impress my values upon other people but it just happens. I still get annoyed at these sorts of people with these particular negative attitudes towards women. I guess I'm just going to have to put a cap on it.
Posted Image

#20 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 07 June 2007 - 23:33

Ack!

All of this is making my head hurt.

personally I don't care really, neither is truly better then the other, that's just how I think anyway.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#21 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 23:38

Women are very different to men, and the overall positives and negatives of women from a neutral point of view, but then again anything is.

Peoples perspectives of other genders depend on what they weigh their values of importance in. For example, I think men are generally better at raw physical strength tasks, but women are better for tasks requiring more charisma,,, and both are equally important to me so in that aspect men and women are equal.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#22 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 11 June 2007 - 14:54

It depends what for.

Women are weaker physically.
Thats all.

We are the same mentally, except men usually say things how they think it.
Women tend to cover up.

We would not function with just one sex.

Apart from the fact that both male and female are needed to reproduce, Males and females kind of balance eachother out.

They motivate eachother or something.

I cant explain .

#23 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 15:08

In my mind you can't compare them. It would be like comparing a rock to a plant. Different biological structure ( hence why men can't feed), different strengths and weaknesses. Different personalities. Men are naturally able to handle more mundane strength required tasks. Women are more capable to handle Charisma and Intellect based tasks. One of the few similarities is that we are both human, making us:

-Unperfect
-Similar body structure
-SLIGHTLY similar looks

That's how I see it.
Writing Thread

#24 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:06

The hormones and anatomy are where its at, plus several physiological and mental differences. Its more like comparing a rabbit to a hare.

Besides, women have to:

A) Give birth.
B) Have periods.

Edited by AllStarZ, 12 June 2007 - 03:36.

#25 Thinker

Amateur

• 129 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:42

CoLT I have one simple answer both are equal in every way and can be just as better as each other. I dont care what science says or people think. Men can be just as weak\strong or smart\dumb then woman. If we didnt have each other we couldnt reproduce witch would mean extinction for all humans. The only diffrence in my opinion is gender thats all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users