Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:36

Golan, on 15 Jun 2007, 6:10, said:

Major Nuker, on 15 Jun 2007, 2:53, said:

"should horror movies exist?"
Erp...what? :P A horror movie may be distastefull primitive bullshit but when this is enough to claim something not to be worth existing, a good portion of human culture (all of it, not just western or other specific ones) is ready for waste disposal.

Your responce seems deadset against me. However, I was just posing a question to stimulate a new direction, not display what I believe. I thought I had been clear in stating that I was merely redirecting the purpose of the thread, but apparently I failed to do so.

I've found some so-called "horror" flicks to be quite funny. Take The Grudge II for example. It's not really scary at all, and the way the victim (the subject of the movie) moves and always appears at odd times, is morbidly amusing. It's the way this "grudge" is portrayed, and to be honest, it's very predictable (which allows for some humor to creep in). So, to answer the first question: "Should people be allowed to watch horror movies as entertainment?" Sure, let them scare themselves to death if they want to. It matters not to me.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#27 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:46

when i heard the commotion being made by those who had seen it i thought

''F*** yeah i gotta see that'', so i went on Youtube, and found that, at which point i thought 'actually, i really didnt need to see that'' :P

So yeah, while i agree that horror movies shouldn't be banned or anything i don't think they should be made freely viewable on sites like youtube.
Whereas someone like myself has been mostly desensitized to such things, i wonder what if small child (about 7-10) accidently came across that?

There is no real age validation there. are you 18+?

'yes/no'

Simple enough to simply click yes.

That might really F*** up some little kid.

what do you think?

Posted Image

#28 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:58

If someone is cheating with his age it´s his fault. Simple. Youtube requires you to specify your birthdate; if one doesn´t want to be protected, so be it.

@Major Nuker
No no no, sorry, didn´t mean to offend you. I know you said it wasn´t your opinion. I just found this question to be way too far fetched. Sorry again. It was only directed against your words, neither your person nor opinion.

€dit
Thanks Thinker, seems like I better should have had a cup of coffee this morning... :stickattack2:

Edited by Golan, 20 June 2007 - 08:07.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#29 Thinker

Amateur

• 129 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:11

Major Nuker, on 19 Jun 2007, 19:36, said:

Golan, on 15 Jun 2007, 6:10, said:

Major Nuker, on 15 Jun 2007, 2:53, said:

"should horror movies exist?"
Erp...what? :P A horror movie may be distastefull primitive bullshit but when this is enough to claim something not to be worth existing, a good portion of human culture (all of it, not just western or other specific ones) is ready for waste disposal.

Your responce seems deadset against me. However, I was just posing a question to stimulate a new direction, not display what I believe. I thought I had been clear in stating that I was merely redirecting the purpose of the thread, but apparently I failed to do so.

I've found some so-called "horror" flicks to be quite funny. Take The Grudge II for example. It's not really scary at all, and the way the victim (the subject of the movie) moves and always appears at odd times, is morbidly amusing. It's the way this "grudge" is portrayed, and to be honest, it's very predictable (which allows for some humor to creep in). So, to answer the first question: "Should people be allowed to watch horror movies as entertainment?" Sure, let them scare themselves to death if they want to. It matters not to me.
Regards,

Nuker

I totaly agree major like for example the sixth sense it was more of a mystery\thriller movie then horror it scared and suprised you but not with complete gore and blood like some movies do. but the type of movies I dislike are movies like saw chainsaw and just movies that are overboard violent and gorey.Oh and golan I think you met to put major nuker not stinger right?

Edited by Thinker, 20 June 2007 - 07:12.

#30 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:04

I elect not to watch horror movies, i dont find being scared out of my wits entertaining. i know people who watch them for fun and just laugh at the characters getting mauled. (yes he's weird very fucking weird).

The true capatilist attitude, if you dont like something vote with your feet, walk out, don't watch horrors, but you cannot prevent people watching them. If someone wants to dodge the protection afforded by over 18 then let them reap what they sow.

#31 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:41

Watching Horror movies is not our kind of thing here in the Philippines because we Filipino's find it sick and wrong, We preffer comedy or Love stories because Filipinos like me love a good laugh or story.

American Teenagers (no offense) on the other hand really love horror movies because thats is there culture, They laugh at someone dying in a horrible way and they find it entertaining...To Entertaining that sometimes some people might commit murder just because they like to see someone die.

The Only horror movie i saw is Scary Movie (1 to 4) and that movie is actually hilarious. Yes, There are some really good horror movies But In my opinion, Its just sick and wrong to see and watch how those people die in horror movies.

And for watching them, You're free to decide whether (typo) to watch it or just run like hell and watch other movies instead because no one is stopping you except your friends who dared you to watch a horror movie.

STILL NO OFFENSE TO THE AMERICANS :P

Edited by Chris, 20 June 2007 - 10:53.

#32 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:53

i personally prefer action videos and comedys
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#33 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:21

To the question: Yes.

#34 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 20 June 2007 - 14:42

Alias, on 12 Jun 2007, 6:14, said:

Horror films are interesting due to them being completely unrealistic, not due to the gore.

Exactly. i watched that clip- I'm not 18 and i thought it was so stupid.

I was more upset by watching a rabbit being eaten by a snake on ebaums world.

That was so pathetic its funny.

Atleast loads of 12 year old "self harming" "Goth" girls will get a kick out of it when it comes out on DVD.

And yes. We should be allowed to watch it.

#35 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 18:06

Chris raises teh point that people with a craving for gore tend to commit murders. And although I'd like to argue this, I see it partially factual. People do do this, not on the most common circumstances, but murders do happen for "fun".

However, horror movies do not condone murder, and if anything, they are a vent for the murderous type (which is, of course, a very select few).

#36 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:30

Chris, on 20 Jun 2007, 6:41, said:

Watching Horror movies is not our kind of thing here in the Philippines because we Filipino's find it sick and wrong, We preffer comedy or Love stories because Filipinos like me love a good laugh or story.

American Teenagers (no offense) on the other hand really love horror movies because thats is there culture, They laugh at someone dying in a horrible way and they find it entertaining...To Entertaining that sometimes some people might commit murder just because they like to see someone die.

The Only horror movie i saw is Scary Movie (1 to 4) and that movie is actually hilarious. Yes, There are some really good horror movies But In my opinion, Its just sick and wrong to see and watch how those people die in horror movies.

And for watching them, You're free to decide whether (typo) to watch it or just run like hell and watch other movies instead because no one is stopping you except your friends who dared you to watch a horror movie.

STILL NO OFFENSE TO THE AMERICANS ;)

I take no offense. I don't like horrors. But half of America enjoys gore because frankly we are all sick wierdos. I don't know where it came from but someone spewing their innards out is enjoyable to large portions of us. It just escapes me why. Probably due to the fact that that old instinct from long long ago (IIRC mentioned earlier) where we enjoy death and destruction is partially strong in Americans. (I think Canadians as well.)
Writing Thread

#37 striker26

Huh?

• 685 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:36

I'm only 13 and i didn't find that video neither scary nor interesting.
Probably the only people that would be effected by this is very young children IMO
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Bob For The Awesome Signature above and Avatar
Remix 3
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users