Now this is news.

56 replies to this topic

#51 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 26 June 2007 - 19:18

another good point most parents dont even know what a fourm or im or online game is

#52 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 26 June 2007 - 19:20

Some good news, sort of.

Edited by Soul, 26 June 2007 - 19:21.

Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostInsomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#53 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 19:44

I agree 200%, no such thing as video game addiction.

#54 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 20:56

my parents say im addicted to video games because i probably spend 4-5 hours a day playing them LOL.
but then i just counter with my own fact that even though i do spend 4-5 hours a day i have gone 2 weeks without spending an hour on video games with no withdrawls (that was when i had my job and was going to school for 2 weeks)

to truely be addicted i have to have a phyisical NEED for video games and since i dont im not addicted.

so until they can find a case where some poor kid has a physical need to play video games or else suffers withdrawl symtoms then really are they are doing is slandering against video game companies (which in the US is actually against the law :likey: )
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#55 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 21:00

Hmm, I am told i have an addiction. Well if i have something to do i wil do it, no problem, the thing is i dont at this moment. So... Should i watch TV instead or just sit in a chair and look at the wall? Good idea.

Also i have nothing to prove this but, I sometimes think that the older people are jealous of the tech available to the younger generation these day.

'We didnt have thise in my day.'

well we do.Get over it.

Posted Image

#56 AfterFlash

Title

• Member Test
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 21:02

Agreed with Warbz.. I feel so strange...agreeing with Warbz....:likey:

#57 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 22:45

to truely be addicted i have to have a phyisical NEED for video games and since i dont im not addicted.

Not strictly true I am afraid! Addiction can manifest as mental and not be related soley to the physical.

I sometimes think that the older people are jealous of the tech available to the younger generation these day.

Could I maybe correct this slightly? Replace "are jealous" with "do not understand" and you might have a much better articulation of their concerns. But aside from that your point is fundamentally right.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users