Super Smash Bros Brawl

317 replies to this topic

#26 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:09

View PostRayburn, on 3 Jul 2007, 20:53, said:

It probably will as it's been there since Super Smash Bros 64. It's not really the usefulness nor the uniqueness, it's tradition.
I guess you'll get Jigglypuff by simply beating one of the game modes. It's been like that before and they'll probably keep it that way.

I'd always play Jigglypuff in the N64 version though. It was a heavily underpowered character but she had this one move my brothers just couldn't beat, and I don't mean the impossible sleep attack.

Edited by Shirou, 04 July 2007 - 10:09.

Posted Image

#27 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:39

View PostShirou, on 4 Jul 2007, 12:09, said:

View PostRayburn, on 3 Jul 2007, 20:53, said:

It probably will as it's been there since Super Smash Bros 64. It's not really the usefulness nor the uniqueness, it's tradition.
I guess you'll get Jigglypuff by simply beating one of the game modes. It's been like that before and they'll probably keep it that way.

I'd always play Jigglypuff in the N64 version though. It was a heavily underpowered character but she had this one move my brothers just couldn't beat, and I don't mean the impossible sleep attack.

i cant imagine jigglypuff was underpowered... it was a good balanced fighter... it wasnt the strongest but was able to fly...

Edited by MYLO, 04 July 2007 - 14:21.

Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#28 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:58

Actually Jigglypuff is one of the better characters in the game.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UIlBaXWAWf8

Zelgadis, one of the world's best Foxes vs. King, the #1 jigglypuff player. FYI Fox is the best character in SSBM.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#29 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 13:30

View PostMathias, on 4 Jul 2007, 14:58, said:

FYI Fox is the best character in SSBM.

Yeah, Fox kicks arse. He's fast, not that much of a big target, has a good variety of moves for all purposes and a decent ability to get back on the platform. I like him as well. The lasergun is awesome for stacking up damage on slow opponents who need a while to get to you. And once they're close, you just run and keep shooting till they've taken so much damage that a good smash sends them flying. Fox is great. Nice video btw :read:

#30 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts
  • Projects: shockwave,rise of the reds

Posted 04 July 2007 - 13:35

fox is cheep he has overpowered move set along with insane speed. kirby who was a slightly OP in the first one no long has any of the strengths he use to have so is now completely weak they nerfed him too bad :read: except thankful his recovery

I hope they do better balance on this one because i hate losing to something I can't seem to win agianst due to them rushing the game and not properly making sure all characters are balanced.

thats why i don't want them to rush this one

but kirby is defently one of the weakest not to mention some weird glitch with my game i can not preform suicide throws on my game XD

#31 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 13:48

Well, a downside of Fox is that he is quite heavy. I think he falls very fast, so once you're off the platform, you need quick reactions.
If you use Smash-Up too late, you might end up trapped underneath the stage, letting you fall. Happened to me sometimes.
If that's enough to balance him, I doubt though.

#32 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 13:51

View PostRayburn, on 4 Jul 2007, 8:48, said:

Well, a downside of Fox is that he is quite heavy. I think he falls very fast, so once you're off the platform, you need quick reactions.
If you use Smash-Up too late, you might end up trapped underneath the stage, letting you fall. Happened to me sometimes.
If that's enough to balance him, I doubt though.

hes not that heavy he just has fast fall :read: but reaction speed should never be a balancing point anyways since there will all ways be a person with great reaction speed heck most of kirby moves are delayed making them easy to dodge

#33 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 04 July 2007 - 17:07

If there was going to be a new character in SSBB, and I had to choose, I would make it Dark Samus. She is so kickass. Tons of phazon based attacks and the ability to become entirely phazon saturated as an Ultra-Smash. Since she is the arch-enemy of Samus in every Prime game (in MP1 as Metroid Prime)...

If not, I want Ridley (either SNES Ridley, or Meta Ridley). I want to be able to crush my oponents under my heel with the might of the fire breathing space pirate leader. I want to fly for brief periods of time (like Meta Knight almost), attack opponents with spinning wing+tail combos, crush opponents within my jaws, and perform vicious claw and teeth attacks, lunges, etc... If its Meta Ridley, I think the orange energy wings should be deactive (as they are after you destroy them in MP1), and turn on every time he flaps them or attacks with them. He also should have some cool weapons to use on you like Meson Bombs (used like Samus's bombs) and Cluster Missile barrages. His Ultra-Smash might make him immortal. So basically, if you kill him he comes back to life without you getting the kill. Since.. It doesn't matter how many time you kill Ridley. He will appear in every Metroid Game to kill you. I swear, Ridley has more lifes than a...Kane. You thought I was gunna say Cat. :read:
Remember me? You old timers?

#34 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 17:34

I really want Ridley. And I hope Ganondorf returns - with his sword this time!
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#35 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 17:46

I'm sure he will. He's not redundant and functions as the antagonist of Link and Zelda. They won't scrap him.
About the sword, I'm not sure. It would be cool and refreshing though

#36 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 04 July 2007 - 19:01

Bowser's final smash is fuckin crazy!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#37 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:27

please, have you faced him in SSBM? against Mewtwo and Ganondorf 3v1? (hard as hell, he takes half the fckin stage, easy to kill him with meteor, but the three combined are a threat, any one is easy (giga bowser being the biggest 1v1 threat)). also 1v1 him in Normal Standard mode (the one like the original SSB) kill bowser in less than 30 secs (maybe 15 secs) to fight him.
R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#38 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:48

As for Giga-Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf in that Event-level, the funniest way to beat them all is using Jigglypuff. Takes time but works.

Brawl News:

It's been going too smooth for the last few days since all updates were actually valuable. Today is the day of the long expected bummer
http://www.smashbros...n_uk/index.html

boring/10

Hell, bashing updates, I feel like GameFAQs lol...

Edited by Rayburn, 05 July 2007 - 08:07.

#39 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 16:59

As for Giga-Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf in that Event-level, the funniest way to beat them all is using Jigglypuff. Takes time but works.

QFT.. ;)

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#40 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:42

View PostRayburn, on 5 Jul 2007, 7:48, said:

Damn straight, that's how I beat them :P
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:51

Today's Update:
Eldin Bridge Stage (from Zelda)

This one is rather interesting, especially that the stage itself - even if it's just a single big platform at first - seems to be active

#42 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:56

i love todays update

i beat giga mewtwo and ganondorf with kirby because comps are totaly retarded lol

Edited by cryptkeeper, 06 July 2007 - 07:57.

#43 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 17:35

View PostRayburn, on 5 Jul 2007, 9:48, said:

Brawl News:

It's been going too smooth for the last few days since all updates were actually valuable. Today is the day of the long expected bummer

boring/10

Hell, bashing updates, I feel like GameFAQs lol...

Heh... B+Down at Giga Bowser owns.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#44 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 19:52

I've always been one for characters with sheer size and power. Granted, Bowser won't be that big for a long period of time, but Giga-Bowser is just :P material.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#45 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:23

Today: Another one of the infamous How-To-Play-Updates.
Standard-Combos!
Not the best update.

#46 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:04

Today: Dr. Wright......is an Assist Trophy

Not that much of an important information but it's kinda funny. I give it an 8/10

#47 Cryptkeeper

secret experment 142-2

• 4199 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 13:39

return of bumper today

#48 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 13:52

If I got that correctly, Nintendo's conference on the E3 will be in a few hours' time. Rumour has it that additional information might be revealed there. Last time, it was a trailer, perhaps we get another one or atleast something that compensates for the mediocre updates we had thus far. Monday was another shitty How To Play, yesterday we got the Dr.Wright AT - which was a nice little gag but barely significant - and today's was the Bumper which is a nice item but as an update quite a bummer (such a crappy pun!).

Live intel from the E3:
The scheduled release date for the US is December 3 2007
I hope they'll try to bring it to Europe before Christmas but I'm afraid that we'll get fucked over again :(

Edited by Rayburn, 11 July 2007 - 16:26.

#49 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:15

Today's update features Zelda and Donkey Kong.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#50 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:19

Zelda's already been confirmed some time ago though. DK looks really cool. They also gave us a 15 seconds "long" trailer which was shown at the Nintendo conference yesterday. No new stuff but seeing moving pictures is nice too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users