The End?

104 replies to this topic

#101 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:42

pyrobob, on 3 May 2008, 9:26, said:

Skipped page 3..... and 4. Skimmed 2.......

Anyway, I think we will die by LHC in 2012. Made a black hole a bit too big, and shwoop, into it we go.

And alias, I just lost a bit of my unnatural regard for you. I thought for sure you would be for nuclear energy......
I am sickened by those who say that atomic fission is a bad thing. We should be suing only nuclear energy by now, and yet greed and people like Alias (no offense you are a great guy) have prevented this from happening. As for the waste, do you realize that a measly 10 million in r&d could solve that in lets say....... 3 months. no one wants to try though......

I am feeling sick, this philosophy corner is too much for my mind, making me think about our race as a whole again... it hurts.

We will not die at the LHC, the LHC has a Centre of mass energy of 14TeV or 14*10^9 eV, the OMG particles (search wikipedia) have been found having 10^20 eV of energy and they haven't caused a black hole.

Also the new Advanced Candu reactors can run on pretty much anything thats radioactive so we can use waste a fuel (recycling FTW).

Think more, tis good for you.

#102 ̀̀̀̀█

Metal box!

• 563 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:41

Yea, think works, but thinking of this general failure of a race hurts, badly.

About the LHC killing us, its their result that will, a black hole? Who knows what it will do. It could easily just start sucking in all the air around the area, suck in the LHC, and then the country, and so on.

Advanced candu pwn >.< What were they using as the reaction chamber? The thing that feeds off the radioactiveness?
Also, out radioactive waste from Fission reactors result in a very poor yeild in a candu IIRC, because the radioactivity is because of all the different elements in it. Its a poor fuel basically. We should just work on the plasma reductors, Throw it in there, that'll work >.<
I need sigs.
Yay first comment! Thank you Comr4de!

Posted Image
If I were an alien from a distant world, unhampered by the endless void of space for whatever reason, I would stay the hell away from these primitive, monkey-like creatures from Earth who are too busy slaughtering each other over subjects such as religion or ethnicity, who pollute their one and only planet and who praise mindless pop-culture personalities more than scientists and philosophers.

#103 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:33

You lose energy trying to fuse anything heavier than Iron and gain the most from lighter elements.

What part of me pointing out that the LHC is not energetic enough to kill us was missed? We have seen more energetic particles going through the Earth, probably through you, so stop worrying.

I don't know the efficiency of Adv Candu with poor fuel, but they are designed for any fuel, and must be generating more than they use.

#104 ̀̀̀̀█

Metal box!

• 563 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 22:52

High energy particles isn't what I believe would kill us, its the black hole that they aim to make using them..... Really bad communication in this thread >.< We might have had high energy particles around, but I'd be damned if we have had a black hole on earth before. And it's a half assed belief anyway, I really don't think it will either, but it fits with the Mayan calendar since the project is going to keep getting postponed. Remember, they wnt to make black holes. As far as I am concerned, that's a bad idea. All the other parts of it? Hope they work, maybe I will be their with them.
Bleh, pointless chatter.
I need sigs.
Yay first comment! Thank you Comr4de!

Posted Image
If I were an alien from a distant world, unhampered by the endless void of space for whatever reason, I would stay the hell away from these primitive, monkey-like creatures from Earth who are too busy slaughtering each other over subjects such as religion or ethnicity, who pollute their one and only planet and who praise mindless pop-culture personalities more than scientists and philosophers.

#105 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 22:47

pyrobob, on 6 May 2008, 23:52, said:

High energy particles isn't what I believe would kill us, its the black hole that they aim to make using them..... Really bad communication in this thread >.< We might have had high energy particles around, but I'd be damned if we have had a black hole on earth before. And it's a half assed belief anyway, I really don't think it will either, but it fits with the Mayan calendar since the project is going to keep getting postponed. Remember, they wnt to make black holes. As far as I am concerned, that's a bad idea. All the other parts of it? Hope they work, maybe I will be their with them.
Bleh, pointless chatter.

THE WORLD ENDS TOMORROW AND YOU MAY DIE!

THE END TIMES ARE UPON US! X-DAY IS JULY 5TH 1998!

Who cares what the Mayans think? People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years.

Besides, LHC isn't going to manufacture black holes.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users