The End?

104 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:57

How will the human race end? Will it never end at all? How would it happen? Has it been predicted?

#2 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:58

It will end when I say it will end.

#3 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:47

The human race will end when we destroy ourselves.
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#4 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:44

Well, Technically the world will in in approximately 2012, because as we all know the Mayans were great philosophers and philosophized the world would end in 2012.

But, i kinda agree with Kirkov... We probably will destroy ourselves :D
Formerly Sobek

#5 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:03

Bah. How can we possibly destroy every single person on earth? Even with nuclear warfare, there are fallout shelters.

#6 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:02

Zombie outbreak (really. it's more likely than you think. far more likely. neurotoxins, loss of serotonin absorpation, contagious Mad Cow (hey, disease evolves), nanobots...)
Technological singularity
OMGROTFLOLNUKES
Zerg Rush (who says there isn't a huge alien species out there waiting to kill everything?)
Deep Impact redux
Lab experiment gone horribly wrong
Pandemic
Scant possibility of evolution

Edited by Foxhound, 22 January 2008 - 06:04.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:30

When I hit the reset button.

No really, who knows.

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#8 Corrino and the Maiden

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts
  • Projects: Trying to help reconcile The Devil and his wife's marriage

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:24

Phlisophically the smarter the human race become, the more tactical, strategic, & rational we are, yet we also become, more cruel, sadictic, selfish, and generally evil.

Hence becoming smarter in many peoples eye may mean that we could be smart enough to save the human race, yet really it would more likely destroy it. Something to think about isnt it?

personally I think that idiots run things, and hence the human race should last quite long, obviliously however the planet is running dry and will eventually die out of resources, and hence humans will have to live completely on artifical goods, or move to another place, i.e. planet, self-sustaining space craft, or even asteroid. Similary there is also the theory of self-sustaing brains ...

Edited by Corrino and the Maiden, 22 January 2008 - 09:25.

Apple Pie without cheese, is like a kiss without a squeeze.

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:53

Some sort of self inflicted fireball will wipe out a lot of the population, however humanities adaptability is one of the greatest things about our race some will survive and eventually we'll just become another race no longer Homo Sapins Sapins, but something else.

#10 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:13

It would end if a black hole sucked our solar system. :D

#11 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:23

Not enough mass anywhere near here, and the nearest star isn't big enough either so we're good.

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 22 January 2008 - 14:01

View PostDauth, on 22 Jan 2008, 9:53, said:

Some sort of self inflicted fireball will wipe out a lot of the population, however humanities adaptability is one of the greatest things about our race some will survive and eventually we'll just become another race no longer Homo Sapins Sapins, but something else.

Organisms evolve due to natural selection.

Because of the level of intelligence we have we no longer need to evolve. The selective pressures are not there to initiate natural selection. Any selective pressure that does arise - we just overcome it with technology.

If we manage to not nuke each other to kingdom come in the next 5 billion years then not to worry. The sun will grow - become red giant ect and in that process of expansion it will boil the sea's off the earth along with all our bodily fluids ^
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 22 January 2008 - 14:04

View PostPandut, on 21 Jan 2008, 23:44, said:

Well, Technically the world will in in approximately 2012, because as we all know the Mayans were great philosophers and philosophized the world would end in 2012.

But, i kinda agree with Kirkov... We probably will destroy ourselves :D

they never said the world will end only that the cycle would end and a new one will start and that game they played to symbolize it the ball that was soposed to be earth was nver destroyed theres only going to be a change not destruction

ontopic we will kill ourselves the human race is a violent one indded

#14 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 22 January 2008 - 14:13

A supernova! Now that's awesome.

#15 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 22 January 2008 - 14:33

Humanity will in fact end in a not too far future if we don't start colonizing space. We won't be around to see the mess and neither will our grandchildren (perhaps we're the lucky ones) but it's going get very ugly. Our generation so far has done the least of technological advancements I think of all civilized human history. Wars are not as good for science and technology as people would like you to believe.

Edit: Typos

Edited by Overdose, 22 January 2008 - 14:34.

Posted Image

#16 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 19:10

Supernova? Ok who hasn't done any advanced physics.

The only way a supernova will wipe us out is one that is so close that the gamma radiation strips us off the planet, or the neutrino shower reacts and ionises all life. But supernovae are so rare and so distant that the chances are negligible.

#17 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 22 January 2008 - 19:42

blame the guy who made these

Posted Image

when it happebns

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#18 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 20:08

View PostFoxhound, on 22 Jan 2008, 7:02, said:

Zombie outbreak (really. it's more likely than you think. far more likely. neurotoxins, loss of serotonin absorpation, contagious Mad Cow (hey, disease evolves), nanobots...)

Is that REALLY possible?
Well I suppose that the end will be with the crash of a meteorite, or some stupid and selfish biological investigator who create a virus. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#19 Reaper94

rawr!!

• 1178 posts
  • Projects: Being more loved and less loathed by community

Posted 22 January 2008 - 20:11

when the rotten food from under my bed evolves to a human infectious toxin, if i suddenly become extremely inactive call BioHaz in :D

seriously tho

nuke or some kind of toxin.

however

apparantly the moon gets pulled AWAY from the earth 3cm each year, so in a few thousand years the moons effect will wither into nothing and we'd all flood (somming like that i heard) ~_O

RaiDK, on 3 Jun 2009, 10:09, said:

MY BEAK IS ONE WHICH WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Posted Image

#20 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 22 January 2008 - 20:42

We wont destroy ourself... I guess something else will kill us or the whole earth...
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#21 thinimus

<Custom title available>

• 918 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:47

We'll probably start modifying ourselves more and more with technology until we aren't human any more.

Or, society will be run governed by powerful AI systems and people will just keep going on until the universe has to end or something.

#22 Encrypted

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:43

I don't think this has been said yet but what about judgment day.
where the evil are cast into hell and those that have chosen forgiveness are taken heaven :)

Though if it does end another way i reckon that if we even get around to colonizing other planets that the newer civilizations will watch the old one tear its self apart through the world no longer being able to sustain our existence upon its surface.

technically though that will not be the end of human life just the end of life on earth :bigeye:

#23 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:00

0.04m a year, 400,000,000m away I wouldn't worry. Seriously Red Giant will kill the planet before unstable angular momentum shoves us into the Venutian orbit.

Blame the people who invented nukes? Nukes are one of the greatest achivements of science, hear me out.

Concept 1920's (Militray concept) - RnD 1940 - Production 1943 - Use 1945 - By product use 1950's.

In 30 years from concept to providing power for millions.

Its not blame to Oppenheimer.

It will be a war that kills most of us.

#24 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:03

View PostDauth, on 23 Jan 2008, 21:00, said:

It will be a war that kills most of us.

Yes, and a war involving these "great achievements", no doubt. Predictably caused by America.

Edited by Alias, 23 January 2008 - 10:05.

Posted Image

#25 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:16

I think America bashing should really be on the way out by now, especially compared to Europe, sometimes I find myself wanting to "y'all".

We sat by and let the ethnic cleansing of Muslims happen in Serbia until the US forced something through the UN, men of the US died protecting the Islamic faith, no-one remembers this, not a single bloody person and now they are seen as the great enemy, by everyone. Tell me this is right!

Right nukes aren't a good thing, but they propped up the UK for 30 years and stopped us beign over a barrel to the Middle East or the Russians which is bloody useful, and tbh we need to build a new set of reactors for the same reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users