#1326 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:51

View PostSquigPie, on 27 January 2012 - 20:58, said:

View PostGeneral, on 27 January 2012 - 16:40, said:

Kingdom of Heaven 8/10

would've been a perfect movie with a bit more tweaking and putting a more fitting actor to the role other than Orlando Bloom, he is good actor yes but somewhat I think he does not suits to 'that' role. Someone like Viggo Mortensen( with beard thing ) would be better I think.

Urgh, that movie, that was the one that had the Ultra-Gary Stu protagonist that preached modern tolerance to an army of middle age crusaders. And somehow they still put him in charge. The only worth-while thing in that movie was Saladdin and Liam Neesom

Thats why I said Orlando Bloom didn't suit to that movie, the actor who played Saladin was good enough. For example : Legolas(that elf archer) role in Lord of the Rings was cool for Orlando Bloom but not for Balian of Ibelin, choosing an actor for the right role is an important thing and this movie just failed at it. IMHO anyway :P

#1327 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 22:54

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: 9/10

Holy Jesus. Well, that about sums up what I thought when I left the cinema. Seriously, this film is all kinds of fucked up, on every single incestuous, raping, sadomasochistic way possible. And it's quite simply brilliant for it. It's not perfect by any means (for example Daniel Craig's attempt at a Swedish accent is lamentable), but this is seriously clever. It's also an 18 (or R) rating for a reason, there's everything and it's aunt and then some in this film - rape being the least of your problems if you've taken your gran to see this. Daniel Craig is excellent to watch, portraying the brooding journalist fantastically. But the show-stealer, and then some, is Rooney Mara. Who? Well, she was the fictional girlfriend of Mark Zuckerberg at the start of The Social Network, and that's about it. She has come quite literally out of nowhere, and her performance is... breathtaking. The first time you see her character, she is a closed off woman, totally insane and well... off her rocker. And throughout the film she grows in stature, and in character. This is partly down to the screenplay (which has adapted the book superbly), but the way that impression is conveyed by Mara is... astonishing. By the end of the film, you see her for all of her humanity, and that is one of the most beautiful scenes in the film. the director knows this, and cuts the film off at this point. It's so... clever.

If you haven't seen this film, go and watch it whilst it is still on, you really won't be disappointed. You might well be freaked out (or put off by the long running time), but honestly, I duly expect her to win the Oscar for best actress for this. Mara is that good.
For there can be no death without life.

#1328 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:55

View PostAJ, on 01 February 2012 - 22:54, said:

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: 9/10

Holy Jesus. Well, that about sums up what I thought when I left the cinema. Seriously, this film is all kinds of fucked up, on every single incestuous, raping, sadomasochistic way possible. And it's quite simply brilliant for it. It's not perfect by any means (for example Daniel Craig's attempt at a Swedish accent is lamentable), but this is seriously clever. It's also an 18 (or R) rating for a reason, there's everything and it's aunt and then some in this film - rape being the least of your problems if you've taken your gran to see this. Daniel Craig is excellent to watch, portraying the brooding journalist fantastically. But the show-stealer, and then some, is Rooney Mara. Who? Well, she was the fictional girlfriend of Mark Zuckerberg at the start of The Social Network, and that's about it. She has come quite literally out of nowhere, and her performance is... breathtaking. The first time you see her character, she is a closed off woman, totally insane and well... off her rocker. And throughout the film she grows in stature, and in character. This is partly down to the screenplay (which has adapted the book superbly), but the way that impression is conveyed by Mara is... astonishing. By the end of the film, you see her for all of her humanity, and that is one of the most beautiful scenes in the film. the director knows this, and cuts the film off at this point. It's so... clever.

If you haven't seen this film, go and watch it whilst it is still on, you really won't be disappointed. You might well be freaked out (or put off by the long running time), but honestly, I duly expect her to win the Oscar for best actress for this. Mara is that good.

I on the other hand, would say that version of movie is pure crap compared to the Swedish/French-dubbed version. If you think that Mara deserves an oscar, then Noomi Rapace should be getting 5 of those at least :P
(And yes, of course, I've watched both versions)

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#1329 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 19:39

Battleship .../10

Seriously where the fuck is storyline, there is an incredible amount of flaws, after a while I just forgot about story and just watch the eye candy, Transformers had a much better storyline than this... And it was friggin cartoon rip off.
Probably oınly ultra-nationalist Americans will enjoy the movie.

#1330 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 19:51

You'd figure that the movie would be bad when it's description reads "Based on Hasbros board game Battleship".
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#1331 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 20:03

View PostLiten, on 20 April 2012 - 19:51, said:

You'd figure that the movie would be bad when it's description reads "Based on Hasbros board game Battleship".

Obviously posters differs in my country :P

#1332 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 15:47

The Avengers: 9/10

Seriously, anything I say here cannot explain just how good this movie is. The script is nigh on perfect for combining the heroes together, and everybody gets their equal share of the limelight (which is a fair amount as the film is 2+ hours long). There's jokes, there's heartache, there small intimate pieces, there's massive scale scenes (particularly memorable is the destruction of Grand Central Station, simply because such a landmark gets about 5 seconds of screentime in what is a far larger scene), and well, there's everything.

It's really, really good fun, but not just that, its immensely watchable. Do yourself and go and see what is possibly the best superhero film that has yet been made.

#1333 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:21

View PostAJ, on 03 May 2012 - 15:47, said:

Seriously, anything I say here cannot explain just how good this movie is. The script is nigh on perfect for combining the heroes together, and everybody gets their equal share of the limelight (which is a fair amount as the film is 2+ hours long). There's jokes, there's heartache, there small intimate pieces, there's massive scale scenes (particularly memorable is the destruction of Grand Central Station, simply because such a landmark gets about 5 seconds of screentime in what is a far larger scene), and well, there's everything.

It's really, really good fun, but not just that, its immensely watchable. Do yourself and go and see what is possibly the best superhero film that has yet been made.

Dude I was planning to go to it the day it comes out ( Thats what I do always anyway ) , but ffs it will come out tomorrow O_o

Edit : Watched it, couldn't agree more, it is awesome. And I should've roll on floor and lol if I weren't in the theatre on one specific scene, anyone watched the film will know it, that one with the Hulk and Loki :P

Edited by General, 04 May 2012 - 20:41.

#1334 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 19:12

Prometheus 10/10
At the beginning I was like 8D
Then I was like :pnd:
Then I was like <87
When I thought what I saw was the ending I was like :mad:
Then I saw that scene and I was like :loel:

Anyone who don't know about Alien or don't like Alien, must not watch the movie, if you do, then just get out there and watch it :D

#1335 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:12

Prometheus is out? Won't be out here for a week or so.

Anyway, last movie I watched was Blade Runner. 8/10

Storyline is somewhat confusing to follow but the atmosphere is top notch. The cyberpunk appeal is through the roof and the character interaction is uneasy and keeps you on your toes. A little slow though and you might not get the intended message when you watch it the first time. Looking forward to the proposed sequel also by Ridley Scott.

Posted Image

#1336 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 19:51

View PostScope, on 03 June 2012 - 09:12, said:

Prometheus is out? Won't be out here for a week or so.

Yea I find that odd too, Battleship were released earlier here aswell, though it was all about American power proud thing, it is released here before than USA, seems odd to me :/

#1337 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:35

It's better than Batman Arkham City GOTY....

Why the hell do we get it 3 months later?!

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#1338 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:51

View PostGeneral, on 01 June 2012 - 19:12, said:

Prometheus 10/10
At the beginning I was like 8D
Then I was like :pnd:
Then I was like <87
When I thought what I saw was the ending I was like :mad:
Then I saw that scene and I was like :loel:

Anyone who don't know about Alien or don't like Alien, must not watch the movie, if you do, then just get out there and watch it :D

Hmm, you see, my impressions were as such:

Start: ZMOFG it's Prometheus and the beginning looks awesome and more awesome... 8D

First half an hour: So this seems to be building up quite nicely, something obviously isn't quite right, now lets get a nice scary scene and start building the plot and characters... |8

After that: So, it's pretty. The production values are astonishing. Great 3D too! But where is my story? And why are these characters really here? :duh:

At various points through the film: Let me guess, this is going to happen next... Oh look it happened... :unsure:

End: So the characters didn't really get built up, there were some totally stupid irrational things happening, and the story never really explained a goddamn thing. :shakehead:

Leaving the cinema: Oh, so that sneaky little scene thrown in at the end basically threw the "This isn't an Alien prequel" line that they've been using for ages out of the window. :tard:

After thinking it through: It was far too built up. I couldn't appreciate it because the characters were mostly one-dimensional, and the storyline left so much to be explained its untrue. If (and that's a big IF) they get an option to do another one that explains more of it, I think the two films would go together really well. But on its own, Prometheus leaves a lot to be desired, because it just doesn't tell the whole story or explain the characters who are there... which is such a shame because there's obvious effort gone into creating this film, which has been filmed and created beautifully. I just don't understand how the cocked it up so much. :wtfh:

#1339 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 13:17

I felt something like that when watching Blade Runner. Except the ending was a bit more of closure.
Posted Image

#1340 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 13:36

Men in Black 3: 8/10

It's pretty enjoyable, and is more memorable than the second movie. The acting is good, and the fact that it involves time travel to 1969 means that there is something to go on other than the same old jokes. But why the hell did they choose Pitbull to rap over the credits?

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#1341 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 13:39

Do yourself and go and see what is possibly the best superhero film that has yet been made

the best superhero film that has yet been made

^ This

#1342 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 13:52

Yes, oh God yes. The Avengers is superhero movies done right, no pretenses, just a good plot, good characters, great dialogue, lots of humour and self-awareness, and badass action.

Puny God.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#1343 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 14:02

View PostSquigPie, on 09 June 2012 - 13:52, said:

Yes, oh God yes. The Avengers is superhero movies done right, no pretenses, just a good plot, good characters, great dialogue, lots of humour and self-awareness, and badass action.

Puny God.
The single flaw I found was that when Loki had that speech in front of the crowd before being captured. It's a missed opportunity IMO. Otherwise a very solid superhero blockbuster.

Also: I heard a good Chris Brown joke but I can't remember the punchline.
Posted Image

#1344 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 14:57

View PostScope, on 09 June 2012 - 14:02, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 09 June 2012 - 13:52, said:

Puny God.
The single flaw I found was that when Loki had that speech in front of the crowd before being captured. It's a missed opportunity IMO. Otherwise a very solid superhero blockbuster.

Also: I heard a good Chris Brown joke but I can't remember the punchline.

I see wat you did thar 8|

#1345 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 22:08

The Dark Knight Rises

Possibly one of the best films I've seen in recent years, it kept my attention all the way through and was generally exciting. This must be one of the only times the third part in a trilogy is, In my opinion, the best part.
If you liked the last two films make sure you watch this one!
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#1346 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:35

View PostTheDR, on 20 July 2012 - 22:08, said:

The Dark Knight Rises

Possibly one of the best films I've seen in recent years, it kept my attention all the way through and was generally exciting. This must be one of the only times the third part in a trilogy is, In my opinion, the best part.

Of course every singe people who liked the first two film will go see this one. Batman series have a special place for me, Batman is the only cartoon based movie which didn't fuck up and did extremely well. Avengers were very good aswell but nowhere near Batman. i just hope someone don't fuck up the movie experience i gonna have with storming the mall or theatre somewhere again...

#1347 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:22

View PostTheDR, on 20 July 2012 - 22:08, said:

The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah, I'm going to see it next week, looking forward to it. Hope I don't get shot, too :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1348 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 18:15

^ Well I did watch it and didn't get shot apparently :P So : 7/10

"Well, all three Batman movies have something in common, cool villains, each cool in its on way. So did the last one. Its nowhere as perfect as Dark Knight but feels better than first movie but I am not sure. Supposedly violent scenes in the movie feels empty, so it doesn't give the awaited dramatic effect well enough.
If Bane were not in the movie; it will be bane of the movie and would be barely watchable. He saves it. I don't know but maybe trailers shows too much nowadays, maybe it should be better to watch the movie without watching any trailer at all..

#1349 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 22:58

Ted. 11/10. I've not had such a great laugh in a movie in a long time xD

"Nothing is more powerful than the wish of a small boy. Except for an Apache helicopter. It has both machine guns and missiles. It is a pure death machine.", after that line I knew the movie would be great :P

#1350 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:29

Total Recall(2012) - 3/10 ( 3 for cgi and stuff )

WTF? And yes I wasn't expecting something great but nor I was expecting something horrible such as this movie is. Movie was overall awful but ending was so awful that I get a feeling these producers bored from working on the project and just drafted a script in a minute and put it into action without further thinking.

1990 version were a lot better and fun compared to this. What the fuck did I just watch anyway...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users