237 replies to this topic

#26 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 08 May 2008 - 22:48

View PostE.V.E., on 8 May 2008, 23:15, said:

Back then, most Companies made something out of their Ressources.

Old Classics like Lotus Turbo Challenge, Dune, Marble Madness, Road Rash and what not all - back then the most " Video Game Developers " were a team about max. 5 People.
- E.V.E.

In my opinion, some of the best game ive ever played were by relatively small companies at the time.
Lets consider Crash 1, Rayman gold, Jazz jack rabbit, Timesplitters 2. Sure these were made by companies who are mostly mega corporations now but at the time they were quite small.
tbh, i think rayman gold and timesplitters 2 are easily the best games ive ever played. Where did it all go wrong :(

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 23:15

Mahaha, if they go through with this, I will never buy any game of theirs that includes that system. I don't want it to be compulsory to have someone be able to check my computer once - let alone every five days. Go ahead, let them piss of the entire gaming community to find their games in the ands of countless gamers because they scared away their last remaining faithful customers. That'd be the slap in the face that wakes EA.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 23:16

To big to fail, to much control, look at the sports section, you want US football you have EA

#29 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 23:49

We have now witnessed the demise of EA. :P

Seriously though, there's no way anyone's going to take this kind of rubbish. EA's hurting themselves more than they realise. If big corporations think they can push everyone around, they're in for a big surprise.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#30 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 00:05

LOL, EA is killing themselves here! Sooner or later, this security "feature" will backfire right into there face and make them bankcrupt.

#31 Penguin_Pyromaniac

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 00:22

"SecuROM" is a really stupid name, and I bet that EA will code just as badly.
I hope it epic'ly fails.

#32 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 09 May 2008 - 00:48

Although the technology is new, the concept of three installs then rebuy is not. Another company suggested this a while ago, and their site was so overcome with angry gamers that it took the site down. If EA do this, all they prove is they really are stupid. Valve is the future.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:21

If the game industry is losing so much money to piracy, why did GTA IV earn $310,000,000 on the first day?

#34 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:46

EA will fail in this endeavor unless their gamer-base is entirely made of of retards. However I try to have more faith in humanity then that. This will seriously kill their sales once it goes full public and everyone knows.

As for the 3 installs bullshit. Before my ZH disc broke I reinstalled it over 100 times ..... so what the fuck am I supposed to do when I run mods you fucking morons? If I have to call your fucking customer service I will fucking bitch at them till they sit under their fucking desk and CRY like the little pissants you grew em up to be.

Mark my Words EA, your money accounts for nothing, WE have numbers, WE give you the money, WE can take it away.

Fucking bastards.

Edited by Lizzie, 09 May 2008 - 01:48.

- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#35 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:52

*Claps sarcastically*

Way to go EA, way to go. Gotta hand it to 'em for sinking to a new ULTRA LOW. Only EA would find a way to pump the populace for more cash since their games will render themselves useless after 3 (who the f**k came up with that idea?) installs. A fat lot of good that'll do. Yeah, EA, you'll keep getting customers when kids install/uninstall their games more than 3 times, only to find that the game doesn't work after 3.

Yet another reason I am pushing myself farther and farther away from EA and computer games in general. It's bull like this that makes me lose faith in game companies.
Posted Image

#36 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:54

Wow. C&C3 is the last and final game I bought from them. What a way to thank me for over 10 years of purchasing your products. You can go to Hell EA.

Edited by Overdose, 09 May 2008 - 02:55.

Posted Image

#37 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:06

Specifically, I'm not buying anymore games from them. Just as well anyways, considering how bad their online service for Generals is.

#38 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:36

EA's really going down in a negative spiral. First, takeover of WW. Then rushing TS, after that, now we have this?

Over here at PPM, Banshee's thinking of Boycotting RA3 and Tiberium if the DRMs are used on them, lol. It'll certainly incovenience those with unstable connections.
Posted Image

#39 Liliana

natural power

• 645 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:40

View PostDestiny, on 9 May 2008, 6:36, said:

It'll certainly incovenience those with unstable connections no connections at all.

I fixed the sentence for your convenience.

Anyway,the China's army is a modernize army,this army can bear down all country's army.
I hope SWR team can modification the China in the RISE OF THE RED and SHOCKWAVE mods.China is a modernize country.Maybe in thirty years later,the China will be a big and powerful country,overrun the US

[22:23:32] <J8a> why would i read a eula anyway?
[22:23:41] <J8a> they're not written in english
[22:23:59] <J8a> THEY ARE WRITTEN IN, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CAPITAL LETTERS.

#40 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:19

About that 3 installs thing, I found somthing in the forums about it in the Q&A.

Q: How many installations will SecuROM allow from my copy of MEPC?

A: Since SecuROM has nothing to do with the installer, you can install and uninstall on the same machine over and over again without any problems. SecuROM also allows you to activate the game on 3 different machines.

Q: Q: What happens if I exceed 3 activations?

A: Your first 3 activations will still work, but any subsequent activation will not work.

Edit: Heres the Source. (Second and Third posts)
http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewt...4&forum=125

Edited by Iron_Golem, 09 May 2008 - 11:38.

#41 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:27

To say it bold, I don't believe that.

And even if it's true, it's just as crappy.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#42 Flechette?

Veteran

• 488 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:31

Well, that cuts down on the faggotry and leaves LANs, internet cafes and competitions out in the open. Seriously, any gathering of gamers is postively screwed into next year unless you spend $300 getting multiple copies of the same damn game. I goddamn hope they get buried in 5 different graves and shovel shit in hell if this carries through.

It's well known fact that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing what what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a brickwall on the path of history.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Many thanks to Comrade KamuiK, is credit to team

#43 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:36

If you ask me, it's the game developers that are ruining the PC platform on purpose. They want to take the easy route by developing for a single system only (a console) so rather than just right-out saying they don't want PC users, they just make it unbearable for them to use their products. Essentially the message they're sending is:

'It's not our fault you have problems if you're using a PC.'
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#44 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 09 May 2008 - 13:09

EA is bitching? Oh well.

*moves on to Relic*

Anyway, the last good CnC game I'll play will probably be ZH with Shw. CnC3 isn't good at all. It's just spam.

#45 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 13:34

View PostAllStarZ, on 9 May 2008, 11:21, said:

If the game industry is losing so much money to piracy, why did GTA IV earn $310,000,000 on the first day?

Because it's a console title.

Well, that cuts down on the faggotry and leaves LANs, internet cafes and competitions out in the open. Seriously, any gathering of gamers is postively screwed into next year unless you spend $300 getting multiple copies of the same damn game. I goddamn hope they get buried in 5 different graves and shovel shit in hell if this carries through.

Or you could actually support PC gaming and buy the damn games. (You have no idea how much I had to restrain myself when typing that)

Though from reading some of the responses here, I'd say PC gaming is already doomed because PC gamers are apparently too good to support the people making the games for them.

Edited by RaiDK, 09 May 2008 - 13:35.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#46 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 13:37

The customer is always right. Never forget that.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 15:09

Posted Image

Nuff said.
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#48 nova

Femme fatale sith lord of the crystal city planet

• Banned
  • 1231 posts
  • Projects: zhu

Posted 09 May 2008 - 17:18

way to go ea you just killed your compony i hope you go bankrupt im not suporting you any more you are not geting another damn bit of mony from me you can all go to hell for this i say we all boycott ea and se how long this lasts

ea just for this why dont you just go step on uncoated electrical wiring dive into a tank of acid or jump into a pool of jet fuel with a lit match or somthing if you think piricy is the problem look at sins of a solar empire it has no pirate portection at all it sells great the real problom is you have no suport for low end systems not every one has a super computer that can play crysis

[/rant]

Edited by nova, 09 May 2008 - 17:19.

#49 Flechette?

Veteran

• 488 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 22:01

View PostRaiDK, on 9 May 2008, 23:34, said:

Or you could actually support PC gaming and buy the damn games. (You have no idea how much I had to restrain myself when typing that)

Though from reading some of the responses here, I'd say PC gaming is already doomed because PC gamers are apparently too good to support the people making the games for them.

Or say, 10 copies will be used to install the games on 80 computers compared to buying 25 copies of the same game. It doesn't only hurt pirates only, it hurts the people who lend games to friends, in turn who become potential consumers. The thing is, that this happens everywhere and everyday, people swap games with each other. This isn't trivial matter, it's yankee swap on a global scale.

It's well known fact that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing what what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a brickwall on the path of history.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Many thanks to Comrade KamuiK, is credit to team

#50 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 22:21

View PostCodeCat, on 9 May 2008, 14:37, said:

The customer is always right. Never forget that.

Even when he makes a five fingertips discount?

Sorry, couldn't resist. XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users