ROTR Recruitment N34: Round 2

1362 replies to this topic

#1026 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 26 August 2008 - 00:54

Let me start by saying this; if this thread is even mildly representative of RotR (or to an extent real life for that matter), if you use aircraft to attack anti-aircraft missile brigades, emplacements, or vehicles, the anti air will kill you. Otherwise there's not a hell of a lot of point having it at all, is there? You can hardly use your radar stealth as an excuse; not only do anti-aircraft brigades have multiple radars operating in multiple bands in addition to optical and infra-red sighting equipment, you cannot make an aircraft invisible to any form of radar, you can only make it difficult to see. If you are attempting to use JDAMs then I think there's a fairly good chance that that huge radar down there meant to detect enemy planes up to 300/400km away may just see you if you're within 5! Or even within 30 for that matter. So can we please stop using the 'own-all invisible Raptor/F-35' to destroy its counters with virtually no losses?
Excuse the vehemence but this is getting daft.

@Thread, Well done all troops, though the siutation in Spain is grave with luck and some tactical brilliance we can turn this around. Comrade General Alias, excellent to see you, and I formally request permission on behalf of the excellent suggestion from Comrade Suvorov to uplink to the TREMOR AGAS network, or other heavy fire support, to cover our forces from attack from the sea.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1027 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:54

Where're are you Suvorov, Playing Hide n seek in that base? Where're you.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1028 Suvorov

Visitor

• 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:58

View PostSergeant Major J. Kid, on 25 Aug 2008, 21:54, said:

Actually, no. During this time my men have snuck up on your forces. --Men! Open Fire!-- BMD's and ASU-85's destroying 8 leopard and 7 lynx.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1029 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:07

View PostSuvorov, on 25 Aug 2008, 23:58, said:

Comrade General Alias, it's good to here from you! May I suggest destroying the U.S. fleet with a Topol or the TREMOR AGAS? That would greatly help my operations. We have control of a large village, and we have the population at work building us an airfield. Reinforcements would be appreciated.

(Off-topic) I'm confused. Was that previous battle in Cadiz? I didn't quite understand the outcome either. I get that U.S./ECA control whatever city they attacked, but what actually happened? And Alias is right. All Russian airborne regiments have supporting artillery dropped in with them (ASU-85).

-Suvorov

The carrier group, located off shore in the western Mediterranean, shelled the Russian units located in Cadiz just prior to the attack.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1030 Suvorov

Visitor

• 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:12

Thanks guys. I think I understand what happened. :cry:

Edited by Suvorov, 26 August 2008 - 02:12.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1031 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:14

View PostSuvorov, on 26 Aug 2008, 3:58, said:

View PostSergeant Major J. Kid, on 25 Aug 2008, 21:54, said:

Actually, no. During this time my men have snuck up on your forces. --Men! Open Fire!-- BMD's and ASU-85's destroying 8 leopard and 7 lynx.

Btw, If, I have 2 lynx, and I've lost 1, with 3 Leopards, 94 men, and one Jagdmammut, Cleaned up that base, having Comanches and Raptors in the sky, how can you appear from nothing, and attack, a force that I have not got?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1032 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:16

*Calls Commander JB from payphone* Commander, I made it to Suwalki but do not come for me yet. This place is crawling with ECA, the only way I am not dead is because I was able to get into town at night, strip off my BDU and buy some regular clothes. I am calling you right now from a payphone on a street corner. If you come for me without some kind of covert operation or an invasion force they will surely be defeated. Govno, I had no idea the ECA presence here was so strong. If you need to know where I will be I am staying at a hotel in the southern Suwalki, its called the Visha. I don't know if anyone knows I am here but I can't imagine it will be too long before people start asking questions about my Russian Accent. Please, help me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1033 Suvorov

Visitor

• 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:17

Sorry. I guess I didn't check the previous posts. However, my men are somewhere in your general vicinity. Good luck finding them. Ultimentra, I can have a few men from a different division meet you to the east of the city. They can be there tomorrow, and i'll make sure they're in civillian clothes.

Edited by Suvorov, 26 August 2008 - 02:20.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1034 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:22

*Receives message from suvorov on cell phone* Ok, I will be around the east side tomorrow at noon. Hopefully they will be able to find me so I don't have to find them. Thank you comrade.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1035 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:23

View Postultimentra, on 26 Aug 2008, 4:16, said:

*Calls Commander JB from payphone* Commander, I made it to Suwalki but do not come for me yet. This place is crawling with ECA, the only way I am not dead is because I was able to get into town at night, strip off my BDU and buy some regular clothes. I am calling you right now from a payphone on a street corner. If you come for me without some kind of covert operation or an invasion force they will surely be defeated. Govno, I had no idea the ECA presence here was so strong. If you need to know where I will be I am staying at a hotel in the southern Suwalki, its called the Visha. I don't know if anyone knows I am here but I can't imagine it will be too long before people start asking questions about my Russian Accent. Please, help me.

Send a group of 5 Felin. Bring me a Report.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1036 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:35

Ultimentra, if you're getting this, your communications have been intercepted. I'm detailing a squadron of Mi-28N attack helicopters to exfiltrate you - you and the information you have gained are much too important to lose. The Havocs have a compartment for rescuing downed aircrews which will be perfect for the job. I'll contact you with the pickup coordinates via a more secure method.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1037 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:43

*Wiretaps ultimentra's line*
Get some G-Men out there now!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1038 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:59

*I see people in ECA uniforms in my windows walking towards the complex.* Fuck! I knew it! *Gets message from JB on cell phone* Sigh, well its about time. *I Grab my Makarov under my bed, push in a fresh clip, take my 3 spares and run out the back of the hotel shoving cleaning ladies out of my way I hastily walk towards the outskirts of the city, trying to take back alleys and shortcuts. As I am get toward the end of the city limits I see a road blockade, thinking theres no way around I see fast food restaurant. I go through and push my way to the back and make my way out of the city. As I come out of what looks like the last alleyway someone in an ECA uniform stops me.* "Hey, who are you? and why are you in these alleyways?" "I uh you see I was looking for my wife you see oh there she is" *ECA soldier turns around and I shoot him in the head* I now hear rotor craft, and gunfire. "Yes they have come for me!" The helicopters take out the roadblock I was previously at, I wave at them and one lands near me. I run towards the choppers passanger compartment like I have never run before. I jump inside not realising I just been narrowly missed by an ECA trooper who shot at me. I shout at the pilot to take off and within seconds the chopper is on the outskirts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1039 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:09

*On board a US Carrier*
First Mate: We've just received orders from the CIA to rewire a cruise missile to track a helicopter on the outskirts of Suwalki!
Captain: Get the engineers on it stat!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1040 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:13

Fantastic job, pilots! Bring him to the Moscow Military District and keep over friendly AAA positions. Guard him with your lives.
Now, Comrades, we must decide how to deal with this insurrection. Total and absolute application of force seems... excessive. What are your thoughts?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1041 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:14

@Dr. Strangelove. Oh cmon a cruise missile?? That seems a little far fetched. Jets of some kind would have been more believable.

*In the helicopter now on the Polish-Ukrainian border* Pilot, do you have a radio of some kind? "yes sir, here" *Calls Commander JB* Comrade commander, your rescue was a success, and my life is in your debt. Your pilot is now taking me to your headquarters in Moscow and I am told I will be debriefed once there. I cannot thank you enough comrade. I will be seeing you in the morning.

Edited by ultimentra, 26 August 2008 - 03:15.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1042 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:29

View Postultimentra, on 26 Aug 2008, 4:14, said:

@Dr. Strangelove. Oh cmon a cruise missile?? That seems a little far fetched. Jets of some kind would have been more believable.

*In the helicopter now on the Polish-Ukrainian border* Pilot, do you have a radio of some kind? "yes sir, here" *Calls Commander JB* Comrade commander, your rescue was a success, and my life is in your debt. Your pilot is now taking me to your headquarters in Moscow and I am told I will be debriefed once there. I cannot thank you enough comrade. I will be seeing you in the morning.

It wouldn't be very hard to do, and jets wouldn't get there fast enough.

*Missile speeds across the southern Czech border*
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1043 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:33

@ Dr.Strangelove. So I guess this is your way of forcing me off the RP? If you didn't want me here all you had to do was say so.

Now that I can finally relax I try to lay back and maybe even fall asleep for a few minutes. Yawn.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1044 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:53

View Postultimentra, on 26 Aug 2008, 3:33, said:

@ Dr.Strangelove. So I guess this is your way of forcing me off the RP? If you didn't want me here all you had to do was say so.

Now that I can finally relax I try to lay back and maybe even fall asleep for a few minutes. Yawn.

What makes you think that's my intention?
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1045 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:17

View Postultimentra, on 26 Aug 2008, 13:14, said:

Think nothing of it, Tovarich, it's just what any soldier would do. By thankyou all the same. Now, to other business. ATC radars in the Caucuses and Eastern Europe report some sort of high-speed, extremely small aircraft travelling over Ukraine - in fact, its profile matches that of a cruise missile, though why anyone would fly a single cruise missile right over our air defence zones I don't know. S-300s? You're clear to engage.
*A salvo of missiles launches towards the contact. A short while later it is nothing but a rapidly-expanding cloud of metal vapour.*
That takes care of that. Comrade Suvorov, the 11th Air Army should be at your position any minute now - they had to detour past North Africa to avoid that cursed U.S. battle group, but with any luck you should have air cover and limited close air support capability. Use them well, and whatever you do, hold the airfields. CommanderJB out.

Edited by CommanderJB, 26 August 2008 - 06:17.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1046 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:28

Unfortnately, ultimenra's helicopter was caught in the explosion, downing the copper. He survived with only minor bruises, and now all factions are engaged in extensive recovery operations.

*laves thread tg build a BSF ship*

Edited by Dr. Strangelove, 26 August 2008 - 06:29.

Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1047 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:14

*I wake up and find myself on the ground with everyone around me in disarray. I then realize what just happened.* Govno, are you serious? Agh, good thing I still have my pistol, agh! Gah that hurts. Note to self, never keep a pistol clip in your pocket if your going to land on it. Hah, huh, okay lets see here. Great, the pilot didn't survive. *Goes over to nudge a soldier that seems concience* "Ah it hurts.." Hang on comrade, reinforcements are coming. Crap, your bleeding out, uhm lets see here. Uh its the only thing I got. *Uses shirt to tie around soldiers leg wound*. *Takes out cell phone and looks at the time, great, Commander JB would have been expecting me in two hours. Then looks at message that was sent to me 7 minutes ago. (JBs last post)*. *Calls JB* Commander, looks like your rescue was not a success after all. I don't know what hit us or what the ECA and US did, whatever they did worked. Were going to need reinforcements, uh more than just helicopters. Were going to need medical attendants, not for me but there are other survivors. I will try to find some place in these mountains to hide until you can find me. *heads toward random cave*

Edited by ultimentra, 26 August 2008 - 07:16.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1048 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:04

Resistance soldier: "Captain Metalic, captain Metalic. We received very interesting news!"
Metalic: "What is it?"
Soldier: "Commander Ultimetra escaped from ECA grip in that city with Havoc squadron, but US cruise missile hit him. After helicopter fall, we heard that Ultimetra survive it and now he is somewhere on Poland-Ukraine borders."
Metalic: "Thats good news!" Allright, contact local units and say them, that in their region is Russian commander. Capture him, I want him alive. He could say us some interesting informations."
Soldier: "Yes sir." *soldier walks to radio station* "Chernobyl division? This is Tiger Nest. We had mission for you. In your current location is downed commander Ultimetra. Black Tiger want him alive. Capture him and take him to Tiger Nest in Czech Republic. Copy that?"
ChD Leader: "Yes, we heard it clearly. I send as much my men there and try to find him. They will be covered like normal civilians. We dont want him to shoot us before we want. Chernobyl division out."
Soldier: "Tiger Nest out."

Offtopic: Can someone say me how armoured vehicles can take out tanks?

Edited by Volen Metalic, 26 August 2008 - 09:04.

Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1049 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:33

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 26 Aug 2008, 16:28, said:

Unfortnately, ultimenra's helicopter was caught in the explosion, downing the copper. He survived with only minor bruises, and now all factions are engaged in extensive recovery operations.

I suppose this is somewhat pointless given that it's now part of the thread, but can I point out how utterly asinine that is? You use a cruise missile for an intelligence operation to trail an attack helicopter close enough for a missile with a warhead with only a few dozen metre blast radius to take it down accidentally. Never mind the fact that the missile travels about three to five times as fast, has no appreciable sensor suite other than a TV camera and a GPS unit, a range of only a couple of hundred kilometres that wouldn't take it too far beyond the coast, and certainly not to Ukraine if your launch platform is anywhere near the rest of your naval assets in Italy. As to the recovery operations - this is next to Moscow! For god's sakes, you can't say you have Resistance there, and you're sure as heck not going to fly a CIA team all the way across occupied Europe to there and have a snowball's chance in hell of not getting shot down within the first hundred Ks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1050 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:05

View PostCommanderJB, on 26 Aug 2008, 10:33, said:

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 26 Aug 2008, 16:28, said:

For god's sakes, you can't say you have Resistance there...

Why? Why we cant be there? It is Poland Resisttance unit in Ukraine. You cant know where we are, you are only a Russian commander, not Resistance member.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users