• Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 18 September 2008 - 19:09

Thread died lil bit...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1203 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 18 September 2008 - 19:20

West Germany.... help.... I'm a POW...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1204 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 23:24

I have to send a scout first, then decide how should I help.

*Calls in a SR-71 for scouting*

#1205 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 00:44

General FCS, on 18 Sep 2008, 23:24, said:

Why use an SR-71 when we can use a spy satellite?

Our KH-13 satellites have detected a forward holding camp in Germany for POWs. We believe that there are around 75-100 POWs held there. The camp itself is in the open, but the 12th Russian Motor Rifle Division consisting of around 12,000 troops is several kilometers away. Also in the area is a supply depot, and an air defense installation.

I recommend, if we are to rescue the prisoners, to launch a strike against the air defense installation to create a diversion. Meanwhile we send in helicopters with a rescue team to exfiltrate the POWs.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1206 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:48

DerKrieger, on 19 Sep 2008, 0:44, said:

General FCS, on 18 Sep 2008, 23:24, said:

Why use an SR-71 when we can use a spy satellite?

Our KH-13 satellites have detected a forward holding camp in Germany for POWs. We believe that there are around 75-100 POWs held there. The camp itself is in the open, but the 12th Russian Motor Rifle Division consisting of around 12,000 troops is several kilometers away. Also in the area is a supply depot, and an air defense installation.

I recommend, if we are to rescue the prisoners, to launch a strike against the air defense installation to create a diversion. Meanwhile we send in helicopters with a rescue team to exfiltrate the POWs.

I prefer using something that 12th Motor Rifle Division will taken out of this place; superweapon or mass carpet bombing. Or artillery strike.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1207 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:14

The idea is to get the POWs out via helicopters before the 12th Division can respond.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1208 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:21

Good luck trying to bomb an entire mechanised infantry division, with brigade- and division-level anti-aircraft assets, hundreds of heavy armoured units with strong artillery support and everything in-between. One strike from the Solar Blast would he hard-pressed to take out an entire division, with all the associated thousands upon thousands of men, vehicles, and pieces of equipment, even if they were packed into a parking area like sardines. As DerKreiger states, the only way to attempt a POW exfiltration with even a remote chance of success is to do so before the reinforcements arrive, probably with special forces. Rather like the third NATO mission in World in Conflict's campaign, really (you know, the one near Murmansk with the crashed B-2 and the pilots in the apartment block).
My apologies for my disappearance from this thread, but being the only Russia player who doesn't even have a single Kodiak or BMP to his name isn't a lot of fun. I'm afraid I'm not going to participate until someone else does; until then, you'll have to fight it from your side (and I don't particularly blame you if you don't choose to). Once again, I'm sorry, but it's just not fun and doesn't work on my own, so until then, do svidanya.

Edited by CommanderJB, 19 September 2008 - 05:22.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1209 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 14:02

CommanderJB, on 19 Sep 2008, 5:21, said:

Good luck trying to bomb an entire mechanised infantry division, with brigade- and division-level anti-aircraft assets, hundreds of heavy armoured units with strong artillery support and everything in-between. One strike from the Solar Blast would he hard-pressed to take out an entire division, with all the associated thousands upon thousands of men, vehicles, and pieces of equipment, even if they were packed into a parking area like sardines. As DerKreiger states, the only way to attempt a POW exfiltration with even a remote chance of success is to do so before the reinforcements arrive, probably with special forces. Rather like the third NATO mission in World in Conflict's campaign, really (you know, the one near Murmansk with the crashed B-2 and the pilots in the apartment block).
My apologies for my disappearance from this thread, but being the only Russia player who doesn't even have a single Kodiak or BMP to his name isn't a lot of fun. I'm afraid I'm not going to participate until someone else does; until then, you'll have to fight it from your side (and I don't particularly blame you if you don't choose to). Once again, I'm sorry, but it's just not fun and doesn't work on my own, so until then, do svidanya.

Now when JB is out, we had a free hands.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1210 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 17:53

Sorry, I perfered scout aircraft cuz I am in USAF :P

The photo displayed that there are 10 Tunguskas and 2 Kashtan AA system in the area. We'll need navy's help to take out these AAs since damn, I don't have Aurora D:

#1211 Kamikazi

Your worst nightmare

• Project Team
  • 1252 posts
  • Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:10

"Youre too late, I already saved him with a elite team of my men"

"Sergeant Major Kid, good to have you back here. Hope the Russians didnt take that hard on you?"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1212 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 16:27

Major Kid, I had something for you.
My forces find one lost ECA base. It was seriously damaged and all defense weapons were destroyed, but with some help of local civilians we repaired War Factory and "tech center"(I dont know what ECA had as tech center in RotR). It is near German-France borders and by plans in the buildings we see that this base belong to General Wolfgang. We will try to take some "dozers" to ECA territory for you.
The Resistance will try to build as much Leopards and Lynx we can and repaint them to our color, black-yellow. We will use them to recover our forces and reinforce our units.

Posted Image

#1213 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 13:02

This is Kid, roger that.
Gonna kill 'em all!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1214 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 15:05

Sergeant Major J. Kid, on 23 Sep 2008, 13:02, said:

This is Kid, roger that.
Gonna kill 'em all!

Dozers are now safe in your territory, take command and build as much armor you want.
Posted Image

#1215 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 22:00

Posted Image
Hinds Inbound.

Posted Image]

#1216 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:11

Just a reminder:

Here is the old Map of Europe:
Posted Image
Here is the new Map of Europe:
Posted Image
Try and Base battles of that.

Posted Image]

#1217 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:30

Actually the latest map is this one by Rayburn (posted about pg. 30-31 I think, possibly earlier):
Posted Image
As you can see you rather underestimated the early gains. With more recent developments Russian control has been consolidated to include all of Italy and Northern France, plus a considerable foothold in the Netherlands.
Also I don't think we ever got any confirmation that Britain was actually a participant (which of course it would be, given the way it's integrated into just about every arm of NATO).

Edited by CommanderJB, 26 September 2008 - 08:36.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1218 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:41

The Maginot line sure would have been helpful now.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1219 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:06

Posted Image
Thanks CommanderJB for the correction. Also swapped teams now Russian. Request a Job Application.

Posted Image]

#1220 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:36

Seriously? Someone to actually support me? In that case, I might make my return.
Well, then. Russian armour is world-renowned for its ability to... how does it go... 'roll over the enemy', yes? I think it's time we did a bit of this. Enough with fancy covert insertions, enough with these fancy toys of war, let us mobilise our nicely refreshed forces and move out.
I want that stinking patch of ground otherwise known as the Netherlands crushed by the end of the week. I'm authorising a large wave of PAK FA and Su-25 strike aircraft to clear the bunker defences in preparation for a ground assault; their IR scanners should be just the job for detecting Panzerfaust Soldiers concealed in the buildings. If you think you see any, don't hold back - any civilians still in the area after this amount of time will deserve what happens to them. I would suggest you take advantage of our GLONASS system by deploying some units of MSTA-S self-propelled howitzers so I can give you precision fire support. Oh, and if we have any more Sentinels - I've yet to see an ECA armoured unit that hasn't run in fear at the very thought. At least not one that's survived to tell about not doing so, anyway.
Lastly, I'd recommend you keep some Tunguskas around. They may not have carrier support in Northern Europe but nevertheless they can still provide an annoyance with their Raptors, Comanches and Tigers. A unit of Su-47s will be designated as top cover, but they won't advance until you do. Provide them with what targeting information you can and we'll soon see their aerial assets brought down. Also keep in mind BMP-3s and motorised infantry provide a nice mix of firepower; Igla Troopers can give you useful air cover in place of other assets, and dismounted Conscripts should be very valuable for clearing garrisons and house-to-house fighting. There's always more of them after all.
Shock Troopers will not be immediately available for the upcoming battle; they are still being deployed from Siberia. They will arrive with the motorised infantry 14th Army in twenty posts.
Your division will be watched closely. You have betrayed us once, and if it weren't for the lack of experienced generals, we'd have shot you as soon as you returned. Any sign of disloyalty will be dealt with swiftly. Too swiftly for you to notice.

Edited by CommanderJB, 26 September 2008 - 08:45.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1221 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:55

CommanderJB, on 26 Sep 2008, 18:36, said:

Seriously? Someone to actually support me? In that case, I might make my return.
Well, then. Russian armour is world-renowned for its ability to... how does it go... 'roll over the enemy', yes? I think it's time we did a bit of this. Enough with fancy covert insertions, enough with these fancy toys of war, let us mobilise our nicely refreshed forces and move out.
I want that stinking patch of ground otherwise known as the Netherlands crushed by the end of the week. I'm authorising a large wave of PAK FA and Su-25 strike aircraft to clear the bunker defences in preparation for a ground assault; their IR scanners should be just the job for detecting Panzerfaust Soldiers concealed in the buildings. If you think you see any, don't hold back - any civilians still in the area after this amount of time will deserve what happens to them. I would suggest you take advantage of our GLONASS system by deploying some units of MSTA-S self-propelled howitzers so I can give you precision fire support. Oh, and if we have any more Sentinels - I've yet to see an ECA armoured unit that hasn't run in fear at the very thought. At least not one that's survived to tell about not doing so, anyway.
Lastly, I'd recommend you keep some Tunguskas around. They may not have carrier support in Northern Europe but nevertheless they can still provide an annoyance with their Raptors, Comanches and Tigers. A unit of Su-47s will be designated as top cover, but they won't advance until you do. Provide them with what targeting information you can and we'll soon see their aerial assets brought down. Also keep in mind BMP-3s and motorised infantry provide a nice mix of firepower; Igla Troopers can give you useful air cover in place of other assets, and dismounted Conscripts should be very valuable for clearing garrisons and house-to-house fighting. There's always more of them after all.
Shock Troopers will not be immediately available for the upcoming battle; they are still being deployed from Siberia. They will arrive with the motorised infantry 14th Army in twenty posts.
Your division will be watched closely. You have betrayed us once, and if it weren't for the lack of experienced generals, we'd have shot you as soon as you returned. Any sign of disloyalty will be dealt with swiftly. Too swiftly for you to notice.

Don't worry Julian, I think you can trust me.
Posted Image
To France !

Posted Image]

#1222 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:02

Centric, on 26 Sep 2008, 19:55, said:

...Julian?

Oh, and nice image. You liven up this thread a lot, that's for sure.

Edited by CommanderJB, 26 September 2008 - 10:04.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1223 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:15

CommanderJB, on 26 Sep 2008, 20:02, said:

Centric, on 26 Sep 2008, 19:55, said:

...Julian?

Oh, and nice image. You liven up this thread a lot, that's for sure.

sorry tried guessing your first name. James, same as my other Australian friend. btw added you on msn.

Back to the battle !

Posted Image]

#1224 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:30

No probs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1225 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 19:30

K Centric, I'm REALLY tired of you switching teams again and again now...

*XB-70 Aurora drops a MOAB Carpet bombing at Centric's position, Centric is barely alive and all of his forces destroyed*

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users