FA-37

53 replies to this topic

#1 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:21

hi guys i was woundering is the Fa-37 a realy jet like in the Stealth movie.

Posted Image
sorry if this is against the rules.
General Granger - I win you lose what more is there left to say.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:37

No the F/A-37 Talon is a fictional plane. It doesnt exist in real life.
Posted Image

#3 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:50

Yup, totally fake. The only new aircraft being looked at by the U.S. Air Force at the moment are the F-22 Raptor, which they're buying (only) 138 of, the F-35 Lightning II, which they're buying (lots more) 2400 of, and a brand-new ultra-stealthy supersonic bomber scheduled to be in service in 2018, the plan for which was only announced last year so there's absolutely no info on even a prototype for it yet. There are probably others I've missed, but they're the key components.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 14:44

Dont forget the bomber version of the F-22, the F/B-22.
Posted Image

#5 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 15:28

View PostCrazykenny, on 19 Jun 2008, 8:44, said:

That is only a proposal for the 2018 bomber.
Posted Image

#6 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 17:13

View PostCommanderJB, on 19 Jun 2008, 3:50, said:

Yup, totally fake. The only new aircraft being looked at by the U.S. Air Force at the moment are the F-22 Raptor, which they're buying (only) 138 of, the F-35 Lightning II, which they're buying (lots more) 2400 of, and a brand-new ultra-stealthy supersonic bomber scheduled to be in service in 2018, the plan for which was only announced last year so there's absolutely no info on even a prototype for it yet. There are probably others I've missed, but they're the key components.

I think they've got plans to buy more F-22s if they need them, though. (Something like up to a total of 250-300, I think)

Though, they have experimented with the forward swept wing design before. (Wiki the X-29.)

Edited by Foxhound, 19 June 2008 - 17:14.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Code Monkey

( . Y . )

• 553 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 19:34

You can't be serious, you thought that was real?

Also, that jet looks like a general's twin of the GDI jet from C&C 3 (forget the name, do tell)
"A bullet sounds the same in every language, so if you can't communicate with your enemy, use your gun to translate."

Bored? Need something to occupy yourself? Well then visit this website for a good time.

My Favorite Suggestion for Shockwave from Soho

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to -Drag- for my sig!

#8 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 19:55

The only place you'll see this bird is in the movie ''Stealth''
Posted Image

#9 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 21:49

View PostEvilgmk, on 19 Jun 2008, 14:34, said:

You can't be serious, you thought that was real?

Also, that jet looks like a general's twin of the GDI jet from C&C 3 (forget the name, do tell)

Firehawk.
Posted Image

#10 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 19 June 2008 - 22:44

View PostCuppa, on 20 Jun 2008, 1:28, said:

View PostCrazykenny, on 19 Jun 2008, 8:44, said:

That is only a proposal for the 2018 bomber.

Actually the F/B-22, B-1R and other previous proposed bomber designs were only for the now-cancelled interim bomber requirement (it was replaced by the 2018 bomber), and the specifications for the new aircraft are quite different, so it's unlikely that any of those designs will ever be built, at least not in the shape we know them now.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 22:44

i like it though it aswome thoguh there is a real version of gernerals auroura thats realy but yeh i love the design of the talon such a buitifull jet too bad its not real but i rekoned that it would eventualy be real as its in the game Act of War ,thats a good game, same with the stealth movie.
:estudown:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 23:39

Well... there might be a real top-secret Aurora. If so it certainly doesn't look like and/or act like the one we know from Generals. It's supposed to be a super-stealthy hypersonic spy or bomber plane, but frankly I think that's rubbish because we all know spy planes have been for the most part heavily outdated by orbital reconnaissance, they're designing the new 2018 new bomber which is not secret and won't need a replacement for the B-52Gs until 2040, and so if it exists at all it's my opinion that it's probably a top-secret technology demonstrator and not an actual military aircraft fit for service.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Code Monkey

( . Y . )

• 553 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:26

View Postbartpp7, on 19 Jun 2008, 17:44, said:

i like it though it aswome thoguh there is a real version of gernerals auroura thats realy but yeh i love the design of the talon such a buitifull jet too bad its not real but i rekoned that it would eventualy be real as its in the game Act of War ,thats a good game, same with the stealth movie.
:estudown:

Dont hold your breath waiting for the military to make something in real life YOU saw in a movie. Abit like the mammoth tank discussion in concept, not topic.
"A bullet sounds the same in every language, so if you can't communicate with your enemy, use your gun to translate."

Bored? Need something to occupy yourself? Well then visit this website for a good time.

My Favorite Suggestion for Shockwave from Soho

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to -Drag- for my sig!

#14 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:36

hay guys i found a link with fictional jets looks good but like what would replace the ff-22 then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_mil...tional_fighters

Edited by bartpp7, 20 June 2008 - 01:41.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:10

http://en.wikipedia....-31_Firefox.jpg

this jet looks familiar :P

#16 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:29

The Firefox was IIRC actually going to be the original name for the Phoenix, but I think they changed it because it was too close to actual NATO reporting names.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 22:41

yeh that looks pretty cool but what would its action in combat be fighter or bomber though there's lots of advancments in technology i bet it won't be long until they bring out a full stealth jet that would be cool.

what was that jet that Nod had in tib dawn?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 22:44

View Postbartpp7, on 22 Jun 2008, 16:41, said:

yeh that looks pretty cool but what would its action in combat be fighter or bomber though there's lots of advancments in technology i bet it won't be long until they bring out a full stealth jet that would be cool.

what was that jet that Nod had in tib dawn?

F-22
Posted Image

#19 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 00:07

This is real: Berkut :/

USA likes traditional aerodynamic design somewhat more, Europeans, especially France, perfers tri-wing design/duck design, Russian perfer this and traditional.

#20 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:40

yeh thats a cool jet on Rise of the Reds mod ,but what about the blackwidow aswell

oh and what was GDI's jet in tib dawn?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:20

As I understand it, the Orca VTOL attack craft (so not actually a jet at all). The Black Widow is a concept fighter that could have been the Raptor, but lost out to Lockheed Martin's F-22 design. All these aircraft don't really have a particular combat role other than to look awesome and/or perform well in whatever test, game or movie they appeared in, so I think it's a little pointless to speculate on what role the Firefox or Talon would actually do other than being 'the awesome uber-leet uber-tech plane that everyone wants to blow @#%* up'.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:39

oh ok i thought they fight of had some kind of cool jet but what do you guys think about a fully stealthed jet :telefrag:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:55

To Radar: Possible.

To Visual: U mean really invisible from human eye? Not within 20 years, I guess.

#24 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 23 June 2008 - 17:48

About the visual - perhaps it will be sooner than you think. Materials are being developed called "metamaterials", which could make this a reality. Due to having the strange property of a negative refractive index, they can bend light in new ways, and (in the future) steer light around an object. This had already been done with a small object at a wavelength of 813nm (just outside visible range) when I was researching this earlier this year, it is probable that new developments have been made since then.

Edited by Rich19, 23 June 2008 - 17:49.

#25 bartpp7

Casual

• 70 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 22:48

it all depends on what you want to happen though like if they actualy start doing true stealth tech on viechles then this could easily start wars and stuff its kinda like that tank that the american's made up but aperant the nato nations have made there own too

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users