FA-37

53 replies to this topic

#51 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:38

True, but they cancelled them all (or at least most of them). The V-22 is the only model to actually enter service, and then in a very troubled manner, despite the fact that the dozens of concept models have proven quite sucessful. What I was getting at was more the fact that militaries haven't actually used the technology, even though they may have investigated it. Thanks for showing me all those models, though; I'd never heard of practically all of them.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Strategia

Mwuahahahahahahah

• 3154 posts
  • Projects: Minecraft, TCMM, sleep

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:14

View PostCommanderJB, on 14 Aug 2008, 5:38, said:

True, but they cancelled them all (or at least most of them). The V-22 is the only model to actually enter service, and then in a very troubled manner, despite the fact that the dozens of concept models have proven quite sucessful.

Exactly. Militaries (especially the US Military) have looked into tiltrotors and tiltwings before, and found them wanting. And the V-22 itself has something of a reputation of being unreliable and dangerous. It has literally been a century since the inception of the tiltrotor/tiltwing idea, and only now has a reliable model entered service.

That said, with the V-22's success, there's apparently greater interest in tiltrotors/tiltwings, as the AD-150 and Eagle Eye are both tiltrotor UAVs under development.

#53 Zero

Commander&Chief of the Order of the Black Knights

• 581 posts
  • Projects: None, unfortunately

Posted 22 August 2008 - 13:20

This may just be me...... but doesn't that plane look like the FALKEN from Ace Combat 5?
Posted Image
Posted Image
[indent]Garrod "Newtype Killer" Ran[/indent]

#54 Cuppa

Semi-Pro

• 227 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 20:09

Just you.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users