Tiberian Wars Advanced 1.5 Stuff

69 replies to this topic

#26 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 14:53

So, after a lot of work TWA 1.5 (english) has finally been uploaded at ModDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberium-wars-ad...ars-advanced-15

It contains new units (2 new nod units & 3 new mutants), new upgrades & specialpowers and various fixes and changes, pictures can be found on the Mod DB page or in this thread here.

A special thanks to Golan for translating 1.5 into englisch :D
Posted Image

Outdated signature is outdated...

#27 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 19:03

very very cool, thou i would like to know 2 things.

1: does the pred tank have the missile pod? :D

2: what do i use to open the file so i can play it?

#28 Thorazine

Semi-Pro

• 281 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 20:20

Bit of a glitch with the Black Hand. Sometimes when they decloak (you did make 'em stealthed, right?), they kinda become untargetable and the only way to kill 'em is to force fire the ground they stand on.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is my signature. If you like it, good. If you don't, I don't care.
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn
Final Fantasy VII - Voices of the Lifestream

#29 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:09

Stygs how open are you to critics about your mod?

nothing bad or offencive, just simple likes and diss likes, but i will say this, there is alot that i LIKE! about your mod.

but if its a touchy thing, i wont say a word.

#30 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:44

How did you manage to rip unit models including the animations from KW?

*is very interested*

#31 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:22

Nods Power Plant Discription Is in German, And some stuff more 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 15:06

View PostLurker49a, on 24 Aug 2008, 20:20, said:

Sometimes when they decloak (you did make 'em stealthed, right?), they kinda become untargetable and the only way to kill 'em is to force fire the ground they stand on.

Uhh, they are not intended to be stelthed :wtf:

View PostJJ_, on 25 Aug 2008, 8:44, said:

How did you manage to rip unit models including the animations from KW?

I didnt 8|
Rebelmoon extracted the all meshs from the models, I put them back together and added bones and textures.
The Spectre was then animated by Golan, so its more a remake of the KW model 8|

View Post-Drag-, on 25 Aug 2008, 10:22, said:

Nods Power Plant Discription Is in German, And some stuff more 8|

I am thinking about making a new version with some bugfixes soon, if you can tell me which discriptions are wrong, I will fix them ;)

Edited by Stygs, 25 August 2008 - 15:07.

Posted Image

#33 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 25 August 2008 - 16:25

I have some small AI bugs after my first game vs a Hard Turtle Nod: they sometime build Scrin and mutant units. I've seen a Scrin Harvester, a Scrin Devourer Tank and a Mutant Marauder squad attacking me, with the colours of my AI enemy.
Besides these bugs, this mod is ownage!
Posted Image

#34 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 17:52

the Pred rockets upgrade icon on the tank are in german too.

but there is also a problem with the growth acc, playing a skermish there must have been like 100 in one spot, the new Orcas that you made became Heroic by the time they were done and were out of missiles in one attack.

over all i would say that you mod.

KICKS ASS!

but on personal levels, i think the GDI jets are too big and that the Orca gun should have been able to attack air units same with the Venom.

i know you must have worked your ass off to make this, but i think there are just some little things that need to be looked into.

#35 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 18:09

@ Dutchygamer

The AI is able to collect crates, thus they may get some basic units from other factions (there are a lot of new unit crates in TWA) 8|
AIs are also finally able to utilize mutants hovels and build mutant units from there (but only marauders und guardians)

@ SPY46

The groth acceletator bug is a normal TW problem, the AI just ignores them and build them on top of each other :(

I removed the Venom AA abillity because to much units are AA or have stealth detect, I wanted to reduce this and made aircrafts and stealth units more important. Might be changed again in a later version..

Edited by Stygs, 25 August 2008 - 18:57.

Posted Image

#36 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 25 August 2008 - 18:38

Oh, never noticed that... Also, good you got the AI use the Mutant Hovel they capture!
Posted Image

#37 Thorazine

Semi-Pro

• 281 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 21:34

View PostStygs, on 25 Aug 2008, 11:06, said:

View PostLurker49a, on 24 Aug 2008, 20:20, said:

Sometimes when they decloak (you did make 'em stealthed, right?), they kinda become untargetable and the only way to kill 'em is to force fire the ground they stand on.

Uhh, they are not intended to be stelthed 8|

Eh, maybe it was an odd bug involving the disruption towers. I'll look into it more.

Otherwise, great mod. Can't wait to see what's next.

Edit - Might be right.
The two squads on the right were built from a barracks inside a disruption field. The one squad on the left, I built earlier, before I ever built a disruption tower. I also walked the one squad in and out of the field, no permanent cloak.
Posted Image

Edited by Lurker49a, 25 August 2008 - 22:19.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn

#38 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 22:02

understand able, i to did find that mostly with the Scrin, that almost every unit of theirs could detect Stealth in general, i would say that only scout units should be able to detect them, thou seeing as how the Scrin also have 5 air units, i would say the AA of GDI and NOD should be some what strong.

*5 Scrin air units being Dev, PAC, PAC fighter, Stormraider and mother ship*

and with what you said about the AA, maybe change the pred missiles so that only one is AA and the other is only ground and not fire as often as they do.

same could be said for the Mammoth missile attack speed too.

#39 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 23:12

you know about that cloak problem, i have that too, once a building is cloaked, any units that are built from the cloaked building, are also cloaked.

i also remember that a long time ago, some one had posted some where about having a mod and it did that, it was some thing stupid and simple in the code i think, but i never looked into it but i do know that the mod they had, did cloak the towers, i think that has some thing to do with it, but i cant remember.

#40 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 19:52

That mod might have been an earlier version of TWA :P
However, the cloaking itself works fine, but CnC3 just screws the transparent effect up, so things are can be transparent even when uncloaked or they never get transparent at all (Nod Bikes in TW are never transparent, even when cloaked).
I am still trying to find out what causes that, but I dont think I can fix it :/

Since 1.5 seems to be liked by most people, I was now thinking how I should continue:

A ) Release an 1.51 with fixed translation and the folowing changes:
-Buggys & ACPs cant attack air anymore
-stelath detection move from pitbull & bike to buggy & apc
-fixed a bug that crahed the game if you change the grafik settings while runnig TWA
-fixed a formation previe bug with Scrin buzzer
-destroyed scrin bzuildigns spawn 2 buzzer
-improved buzzer hive
-reduced delays between EVA massages
-flame weapons have a different effect on garnisioned buildings - instead of killing a small amouunt of he garnissioned soldiers instandly with every shot, they now damage a whole group (that makes them better vs garnisoned early game infantry, while heavy inf might have more time to react now)
-changed debris for some units

or
B) simply start working on 1.6 with a changed eco system and more KW units :P

Theres also a good chance I might add Cyborgs for Nod if EA releases the KW models...
The normal cyborgs would be armed with maschine gun (laser upgrade) and EMP, the Enlightend would be converted to Cyborg Commandos (thus replacing the normal Commando). They would have a plasma gun & flamethrower

Any opinions about that?
(the Nod Commando would then become a mutant unit, buildable from the hovel)

Edited by Stygs, 28 August 2008 - 19:57.

Posted Image

#41 Thorazine

Semi-Pro

• 281 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 21:31

Eh, what can't be fixed, can't be fixed I suppose... I'll just have to avoid battling NOD Medium AI and up if it becomes too much a problem.

I wouldn't mind a 1.51, and then a 1.6 version later down the road. KW units would be lovely, I'd give you good luck on that. ^.^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 21:38

well the thing to consider is that a scout unit normally has the ability to detect things that every other unit cant, such as stealth.

i would say keep the Pitbull and Bike with the detectors and to leave the AA of the buggy and APC because Nod has the Stealth tank with alot of missiles that can attack air units, just like the Mammoth, and then there is the bike and pitbull.

but the pitbull and bike have very little armor and HP and would be destroyed with very little problems, but that depends on how many air units you have as they dont shoot very fast ether.

the APC and Buggy have faster attacks but less damage, thou more armor and HP, so i would say it would be best to leave them as they are for weapons being able to attack air.

i would love to see Cyborgs, but i would think that their weapons should fire faster than what they do in KW, you should also see if you can get the KW unit voices, if you can.

if you did change the nod commando to a mutant unit, i would say nerf her a bit so she isnt as much a commando any more, cut her in half maybe?

dont suppose you would be willing to share the units that you have from your mod would you?

#43 Storm

Casual

• 79 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 13:11

How about adding NOD Banshee?

#44 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 17:49

i would LOVE! to have one my self, ive looked all over the place asking if any one had one, i saw one but .... it looked like a toon version of one so .... yeah i dont think so.

but that would be so kick ass if one was added to the next one.

#45 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 18:19

Nod Banshee and Orca Bomber are 2 of the things I would really like to add in later versions, but since I have no good models for them I would not bet on it.....

btw, 1.51 is ready, I will upload it in a hour :D

Edited by Stygs, 30 August 2008 - 18:20.

Posted Image

#46 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 20:27

so what all changes did you make in it?

did you see my post about being able to have more than 1 squad and being able to remove them both like you should be able to?

because i did it with the GDI harvester, incase your interested, or any one else for that matter.

i think it might have some thing to do with the move and evac power/ability because my harvester doesnt have that, but i could be wrong.

#47 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 15:21

I tried your idea with the harvester, but it didnt work - I was able to unload it twice, then the bug appeared again :(

On another note: Some people asked if there is a way to upgrade scrin gunwalker & harvester with shields, since its possible in KW.

Thus, I decided to add an Emergency Shielding special power - it upgrades small scrin vehicles (not counting explorer) in a selected area with shields.

However, I am not sure if I will keep it, since it only affects 3 units (it also affects Devrourer/Seeker, but they can be upgraded with shields anyway) and its another 1 click specialpower for scrin....

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:31

hummm, i have not noticed that, every time i tried to get the squads to exit the harvester they did.

did you do it the full out way like the APC is, or did you just add the data/code to the harvester XML, because thats what i did, i didnt add any thing else to the harvester relating to that.

you might find this link useful, if only a bit.

http://www.cybergooc...ve/tsa_main.htm

Edited by SPY46, 06 September 2008 - 04:35.

#49 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:28

I hope this ain't too much to ask but...I don't suppose you could add the Tiberium Trooper/Enlighted?(Those were my fave Infantry units) :D
Posted Image

#50 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:31

If EA releases the models, I'll add them in my mod too. :D /shameless ads

It's just the question if EA keeps to their promise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users