Tiberian Wars Advanced 1.5 Stuff

69 replies to this topic

#51 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 17:51

Sorry to be noob, but do I need TWA 1.4 for 1.5 & 1.51 to work? >.<

Awesome mod, now I almost finished campaign and can finally starting to play skirmish with this. Awesome :D

#52 Thorazine

Semi-Pro

• 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 21:27

That's a negative.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is my signature. If you like it, good. If you don't, I don't care.
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn
Final Fantasy VII - Voices of the Lifestream

#53 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 00:23

Now I got it running, and AWESOME.

#54 ĦѦʠʠɵƇҟ Ϣϙɩƭ

Casual

• 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:39

Aww man, I really want to play it, but my copy of C&C3 wont play, with some "emulation" error.
I like the shiny tank on page one.
But what is truth, is truth unchanging law? We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?
Posted Image
"Never forget 06/17/2047" Sig edited, due to it being 300 pixels to wide. -Nem

#55 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:49

View PostHaddock, on 7 Sep 2008, 10:39, said:

Aww man, I really want to play it, but my copy of C&C3 wont play, with some "emulation" error.
I like the shiny tank on page one.

Do you have Alcohol or Daemon Tools running? If so turn it off.
Posted Image

#56 ĦѦʠʠɵƇҟ Ϣϙɩƭ

Casual

• 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:51

No I dont use those, my copy is legal/ I don't make cd's with those, or any other in fact.
But what is truth, is truth unchanging law? We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?
Posted Image
"Never forget 06/17/2047" Sig edited, due to it being 300 pixels to wide. -Nem

#57 SPY46

Amateur

• 108 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 20:50

did you mess with the game FX/detail settings/options?

#58 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 22:53

Some Bugs:
-Spectre uses Juggernaut voice ALL TIME
-Sometime when you double-click Militant replacement it select Rocket Squad as well, vice versa sometime.
-Riflemen Squad's Foxholes sometime look like it isn't finished, screenie soon.

#59 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 08 September 2008 - 23:00

View PostGeneral FCS, on 8 Sep 2008, 23:53, said:

-Sometime when you double-click Militant replacement it select Rocket Squad as well, vice versa sometime.

Is that when you purchase the Confessor upgrade?If so it's a General CNC3 Bug as it sorts by Officers.
Posted Image

#60 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 18:21

*bump*

One of the additions for the next version (aka 1.53) will be a new aircraft, the Nod Wraith Fighter.

While the Banshee, being a prototype and basically the first of its kind, was heavily reliant on alien technology, its successor is based 100% on Nod´s state of the art technology, which didn´t assimilate the alien technology but rather was itself reinvented based on the new insights gained from the Tacitus. Due to its anti-gravity capabilities and its four heavy, conventional engines, the Wraith is one of the fastest aircraft at its time while still being extremely maneuverable. A pair of plasma cannons give it exceptional attack capabilities against most targets and the standardized mainframe can be outfitted with various additional weapons. It is even speculated that some of these aircrafts have been outfitted with stealth generators.

Gameplay wise it will be a tier-3 fighter aricraft, very fast and mobile, but with 2 drawbacks: It hat a limited ammo storage and a minimum attack range, making it prettty powerfull against slow targets, yet it can easily shot down by Stormriders and other untis that can stay behind or inside the minimum range.

Wraith Render:

Posted Image

Wraith ingame:

Posted Image

Attacking Wraith:

Posted Image

Once again, this awsome model (and its description text) was made by Golan.
Posted Image

Outdated signature is outdated...

#61 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 06 November 2008 - 18:31

Ooohh nice! Nice one Stygs/Golan! :dope:
Posted Image

#62 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 18:40

Wow, I don't know how I missed this before, but the artwork here is brilliant.
I like the added tiberium fiends also, do they server the same role as the little blobs in earlier tiberium series games?

Posted Image

#63 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 19:45

I'm curious as to whether or not you have rebalanced the units in this mod.

One of my major gripes with Spam Wars and Kane's Wrath was that it took thousands of credits' worth of units to destroy buildings in an acceptible time frame. A single Predator Tank could fire on a building that was on auto repair and still not destroy it after 40 seconds (IIRC, I tested this on a Power Plant; basic structure). WTF? :dope:

A single Rifle Squad or Missile Squad in your base should be something that you cannot afford to ignore.

Have you addressed these things and the unit veterancy?

Tiberium Wars was missing a hard counter system, also. Rocket Squads killing Rifle Squads and other bullshit.

Nice work on the fighter, BTW. You should be pleasing the fans and keeping them coming back for more with these regular installments.

Edit: Curiosity got me so I've decided to download the latest version.

Edited by Stinger, 06 November 2008 - 20:14.

#64 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 06 November 2008 - 20:03

If I had to offer any sort of critique regarding that model, it has to be the skin. IMO, it could use some work especially at the front part of the wings where there is quite some distortion. Honestly it looks a lot less HQ than most of your other models/skins.
Posted Image

#65 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 07 November 2008 - 00:20

IMO, it could use some work especially at the front part of the wings where there is quite some distortion.

This.

Anyway nice, and since you're pretty much the only active partial addition mod that has new units and stuff, you are actually the best in your field. |8

#66 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 22:44

Having played a bit of the mod, I feel that it takes too long to get going, with some structures taking up to half a minute to build (40 seconds for a Refinery!).

Unit lethality is still a problem: It takes thousands of dollars' worth to destroy a building in a short space of time - only now it takes longer because the game is so painfully slow. It's almost as if there is a no rush feature built in and the speed of gameplay suffers for it.

The models, visuals and new icons for the Grenadier and Sniper Team are quite nice, but overall the gameplay failed to impress me.

Edited by Stinger, 09 November 2008 - 22:47.

#67 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:57

Could you please be a little bit more specific? Do you see the doubled build times as a general problem or only for low-tier structures (as for example, ShW also features high-tech structures with buildtimes around 30s to 60s)? What about defense structures, is it a problem there?
About unit lethality and rushes: Did you try PP Rax Rax Ref? What maps where you playing on? Do you feel that lethality against structures a general problem or only of the non-anti-structure units? Do you feel that there´s a distortion in the effectiveness of AS units (like Flametanks, Devastators, Missileman with HEAT) to regular units (tanks, riflemen, scouts)? Did you try using engineers/saboteurs/assimilators to take out structures? Is lethality only a problem against structures or a more general issue? Do you feel that any of the AI, AA, AT or AS groups are notably less lethal than the others?
Did you see any other new content besides the Grenadier and Sniper Team?
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#68 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 10 November 2008 - 13:33

Stinger, in case you didn't know, but in TS/RA2 the build times where even slower, including for units. And as this mod wants more the original C&C feeling, the build times are slower...
Posted Image

#69 Stygs

Casual

• 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 16:18

While the implementation of the Wraith in TWA certainly made life easier for Nod players, it soon showed a flaw in CnC3 - while hangars are needed to support the planes, they take away a lot of space in a base.
Hence, one of the changes for future TWA versions will be the introduction of Support Airfields for GDI & Nod. Each of them can support 2 planes, allowing the player to increase his airforce without loosing to much buildspace. However, since they are only intended as support, they are unable to build new aircraft and only have 1 repair drone (instead of the 3 normal airfields have).
It also worth noting that airfields in general got a health increase to make them less vulerable. 8|

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Models & textures were made by Elmo & EA.
Posted Image

Outdated signature is outdated...

#70 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 16 January 2009 - 16:43

Reminds me of the airfield addon in RA2: DeeZire

Nice work
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic