Yuri returns?

71 replies to this topic

#26 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:31

Yuri does exist since they went back in time though he could just be a humble baker.
Posted Image

#27 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:34

Hmm...IIRC he's not Stalin's advisor (He probably photoshopped the pics, Kane was Stalin's advisor), I wonder how...since Stalin technically doesn't exist in the RA3 timeline, so doesn't Einstein...Yuri can't suddenly get a massive army out of nowhere...
Posted Image

#28 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:39

All this time travel is making my head spin. Stop breaking the space-time continuum!
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#29 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:39

Yuri

PLEASE, NO.

Edited by Nidmeister, 12 December 2008 - 23:40.

Posted Image

#30 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:43

View PostZhen, on 13 Dec 2008, 0:31, said:

Yuri does exist since they went back in time though he could just be a humble baker.

depend of what ending they take, if they take some at all, if they take soviet ending in yuri's revenge then he can come back, as timetravelers are not affected by the changes done in the time line and he is in a time machine
Posted Image

#31 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:46

Which Yuri ARE you talking about, dear sir? :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#32 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:47

Still, I did like Yuri's very unique units, though overpowered some of them may have been.
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#33 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:49

In Skirmish, being able to control that power is awesome, I know. I haven't even played against a human opponent before (Leave the TS aside), so I won't really understand the imbalances, but knowing of them is kinda enough, I guess...

...till the AI uses them again you. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#34 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:53

Wouldn't it be impossible for the Russians to travel back in Time anyway?
Since they killed Einstein ...

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#35 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 23:56

Well, apparently the Sovs built a Time Machine of their own, and erased Einstein, therefore, the Allies' Time Machine. So in a sense the time machine of the Sovs is an "original" native to their timeline, but how'd the Chronosphere still live?

Aside from that...Chronomastermindsomfg.
Posted Image

#36 Red

Smell No Evil!!

• 581 posts
  • Projects: Nothing but posting...

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:02

EA's story telling in red alert 3 just doesn't make seance at all.... If the soviet remove Prof. Einstein in the past, Allies would never have chronosphere, prism(spectrum) or mirage tanks in the first place.. And how the hell did the removal of Einstein crated a world without nuclear and what did Einstein do to prevent the japanes from being an army known as the empire in the ra2 timeline!? :rolleyes:

EA better tell the story properly in future expansion pack..

Edited by Red, 13 December 2008 - 08:04.

Fav. mod:
-SWR
-Contra
-Tiberium Essence

Got juice!?

#37 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:16

Einstein came up with formula E=mc^2, which actually showed the world the power of a nuke
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#38 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:23

View PostRed, on 13 Dec 2008, 8:02, said:

EA's story telling in red alert 3 just doesn't make seance at all.... If the soviet remove Prof. Einstein in the past, Allies would never have chronosphere, prism(spectrum) or mirage tanks in the first place.. And how the hell did the removal of Einstein crated a world without nuclear and what did Einstein do to prevent the japanes from being an army known as the empire in the ra2 timeline!? :rolleyes:

EA better tell the story properly in future expansion pack..

First off FutureTech made the Spectrum Tower/Mirage Tank and Chrono Technologies secondly I'm unsure about that but Zelinsky went back into to remove Einstein but accidently create the EotRS.
Posted Image

#39 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:29

Bah, I say they'll just pull another one of their horrendous "lol timetravel" gambits and introduce Yuri with an army of telepathically domesticated dinosaurs; after all, they sent him back to the cretaceous period in YR. Seeing all the anime fanservice and humongous mecha of the Empire, dinosaurs would not be be the most bizarre thing to expect...

Edited by Rayburn, 13 December 2008 - 09:31.

#40 Red

Smell No Evil!!

• 581 posts
  • Projects: Nothing but posting...

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:49

View PostZhen, on 13 Dec 2008, 17:23, said:

secondly I'm unsure about that but Zelinsky went back into to remove Einstein but accidently create the EotRS.

Thats the thing I've been wondering about...
Yuri would probely exist coz in YR, he was trap in the past with the time machine created by Einstein(Soviet) or in that psychic jail thing which was also created by Einstein(Allies). But none of that happen thanks to soviet removing Einstein in the past, he could be hiding or so...
Fav. mod:
-SWR
-Contra
-Tiberium Essence

Got juice!?

#41 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:07

Yuri could return with an army of Dinosaurs, Robots, Pirates and Zombies.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#42 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:07

View PostRaiDK, on 13 Dec 2008, 11:07, said:

Yuri could return with an army of Dinosaurs, Robots, Pirates and Zombies.

I dont think EA will use westwood storyboard for yuri

then again thats very in the idea of how red alert 3 is talking about humor

what did Einstein do to prevent the japanes from being an army known as the empire in the ra2 timeline!?

Maybe the lack of americans in RA1 was because they were figthing the japanese and tecnology created by einstein helped in that, ending in a similar way to our timeline but without the germans, after all, korea is a allied country in RA2, but i assume this is more to blame for the lack of any info about it in red alert 1 and 2
Posted Image

#43 The Wandering Jew

Veteran

• 464 posts
  • Projects: No current project, just to ask inane questions :p

Posted 13 December 2008 - 13:03

View PostAZZKIKR, on 13 Dec 2008, 16:16, said:

Einstein came up with formula E=mc^2, which actually showed the world the power of a nuke

Not exactly. With or without Einstein, nukes shall still be available. Science is science.

P.S. If Yuri shall return, would he have the following (as stated by RaiDK):

Mind-controlled Dinosaurs? Possible.

Mind-controlled Robots? :rolleyes:

Mind-controlled Pirates? Thar she blows, matey! Fire the torpedoes at Moby Dick!

...and Mind-controlled Zombies? Whoa.
Posted Image
"Once upon a time in 1700's, Imperial Britain had its share of terrorists...And they were called Americans."

#44 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 15:23

HOWEVER in RA3's timeline nuclear weapons CANNOT exist because simply there's no one smart enough (Nope, not even that soviet one. If there was a bio of his character his fields wouldn't include nuclear physics, lmao). In addition Chrono technology was created by the one and only Einstein himself, besides the Prism/Spectrum and the Mirage Tank.

Oh great. This is like trying to link the RA and Tib series storylines together. Forget it...

Though Zhen's suggestion of Yuri as a humble baker...psychotic pies? :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#45 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 13 December 2008 - 16:28

All I'm going to say is this: Whether Einstein existed or not would have little effect on the development of nuclear physics. Mainly because the groundwork for it existed long before. The most significant contribution Einstein made to the Manhattan Project was signing his name on a letter to FDR.

#46 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 13 December 2008 - 16:38

View PostAllStarZ, on 13 Dec 2008, 11:28, said:

All I'm going to say is this: Whether Einstein existed or not would have little effect on the development of nuclear physics. Mainly because the groundwork for it existed long before. The most significant contribution Einstein made to the Manhattan Project was signing his name on a letter to FDR.

i couldve sworn einstien did more for te development of nuclear physics than sign his name.
Attached Image: bob.jpg

#47 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 13 December 2008 - 17:25

Einstein simply presses the US government to fund the development of nukes. Honestly though I don't care if there aren't any nukes in RA3. There have been nukes in every single Command & Conquer to date, and none have done them any justice. The best IMO would have been the one from Gens and ZH. The Vacuum Imploder is a unique superweapon that fits the Soviets.

Anyway, maybe nukes exist in RA3 but apparently they never found a way to mass produce the warheads? And Futuretech must have had a different brilliant scientist (or group) work on the Chronosphere as well as take the tech farther with Chrono rifts etc... The Spectrum technology is different as well as it works more like a directed energy weapon whereas Prism tech utilized sunlight if you played that mission where the Soviets try to reverse engineer it. Also the Mirage tank is pretty much a hologram, it didnt have to be invented by Einstein.

Finally, the Japanese were able to develop their weapons in secret while the Allies and Soviets fought. How? I'm not sure. Maybe because the Allies and Soviets were far too distracted etc...

Red Alert doesn't follow a strictly canonical timeline. Red Alert 2 never provided clear answers to some of the questions. RA3 simply poses some more. So far I've found each faction to be brilliantly designed and applaud EALA for actually saving the C&C series from the pit it fell into after C&C3.
Posted Image

#48 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 17:31

Haven't you all thought of the fact that maybe before Einstein was taken out he already had notes and formulas for Chrono Tech? He left his thoughts and numbers and ideas and plans for it, and it was just up to FutureTech to take those formulas and designs and actually build the chronosphere, as well as any other chrono tech related item.

As for the spectrum tower thing and the mirage tank, maybe great mind(s) think alike and they developed a similiar way to stealth tanks?
Posted Image

#49 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:59

It's best not to think too deeply about any storyline that involves time traveling.
Posted Image

#50 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:07

That's true, but you know, in 6.6 billion humans on Earth, that few hundred of them are unsatisfied, and want to fix the loopholes, or link the storylines etc. etc.

Yuri's return will be unprecendented.

Who knows, Red Alert 3: Yuri's Revenge...is the next expack? :P
Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users