Aftermath of the battle of Kurmuk!!!

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Email story (6 member(s) have cast votes)

what you think?

1. Good story (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Needs work (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Want a other one

1. You want a other story (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. No more storys plz (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. This one needs work first (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 FiReFTW

Professional

• 303 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:03

Do you have no life or something?
Posted Image

#27 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 01 February 2009 - 13:02

View PostMassey, on 1 Feb 2009, 20:58, said:

on a other OTHER note any one that can give us a list of ALL 16 marks will be....... Asign to the field!
I needed something brainless to do, so I slapped these on:
Posted Image
Next time I'd suggest you make the remaining insignia ('marks' are something you get on a test) actually at a high enough resolution to be discerned from the rest of the unit. The one on the Supply Wartruck door is so ridiculously blurry if you didn't know it was already there you'd never pick it as one, and relying on poor image quality to test people's observation skills is something of a cop-out.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 16:19

Well done, Massey. I am sure the Dev Team find it endearing to see they have such dedicated fans.

View PostFiReFTW, on 1 Feb 2009, 12:03, said:

Those aren't exactly the kind words of encouragement now, are they?

How would you feel after spending x amount of time creating something to receive a comment like that?

Just think about that for a second, please.

Not very nice, is it?

#29 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 01 February 2009 - 16:41

JB is there anything in the centre of that sentinel turret? coz it looks like u circled nothing 8|

You are quite the fan massey :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 16:42

View PostCommanderJB, on 1 Feb 2009, 17:49, said:

By the way, Russia did see the U.S. attacks coming (the lore says they intercepted the communications after all and you'll notice there was a base perimeter there, simply not as heavily defended).
Also, moved to Writings as it has little relevance to mod news, questions or information; Red Storm was in Writings, and so shall this be too.

well....
Let me first start with. Any base any nation around the world has a perimeter. Thats a given.

to quote the lore...
"The Russians, unknown to the newly titled Pacific Peace Alliance had intercepted intelligence relating to the planned attack. Once every technician and scientist was evacuated, Colonel Rostov informed his troops that the base should be held at all costs."

these just a few points, i want to make clear. Why i sead what i sead.

1. the word "Relating" makes you think. Did the Russians get a genaral China and US attack plan or US focus only attak plan or China focus only attack plan?

2. Col. Rostov telling his man, the base should be held at all costs.
makes you think if he did get word of the US attack (or attack on 2 sides) he would of put a much stronger defence. I know ur thinking he needed all hes troop at the south but he had tanks siting at the southeast of the base. (i might add got destroyed, with a few others doing nothing)

3. He had a HUGE defence at the south. So it makes you think the "intercepted intelligence relating to the planned attack" was about the China attack plan

well all of this is realy comes down to IMO but hey i had fun making it! ^.^ if u still think im wrong about this i will remove it! FREE OF CHARGE!

oh i was hoping (but i understand why u put there) can you move it back to RotR fourm plz. if not, all good! ^.^

i might add JB wins and gets to be asign to the field!!! congratz!

Edited by Massey, 01 February 2009 - 17:09.

#31 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 18:09

View PostMassey, on 1 Feb 2009, 17:42, said:

well all of this is realy comes down to IMO but hey i had fun making it! ^.^ if u still think im wrong about this i will remove it! FREE OF CHARGE!

Please calm down my friend.
I did have a big smile the time i read your story.

Like Stinger already said "Well done, Massey. I am sure the Dev Team find it endearing to see they have such dedicated fans".
I like to say the same.

Best regards.
Wi-Ta

Edited by wi-ta, 01 February 2009 - 18:10.

#32 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 19:01

sry if that come over a little mean or (lack of a better word) hot ^.^

on a other note i updated the grammer alittle and if these any thing else that needs updating, plz tell me and ill fix it! ^.^

still waiting to see what Comr4de thinks

a few post back i sead "all that hard work reading maps, back story and RotR manual and u dont believe i did it :( i have FAIL ='("
i might add to that i did a little reaseach for the correct ranks of each army.

Edited by Massey, 01 February 2009 - 19:12.

#33 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 01 February 2009 - 19:07

View PostPav3d, on 1 Feb 2009, 11:41, said:

JB is there anything in the centre of that sentinel turret? coz it looks like u circled nothing 8|

You are quite the fan massey :)

The ERA covers up that star AFAIK
Posted Image

#34 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 19:53

just thinking this was a realy good screen pic i thought why not past it around http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/M..._C_A/RUSSIA.jpg

#35 FiReFTW

Professional

• 303 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 21:06

View PostStinger, on 1 Feb 2009, 17:19, said:

Well done, Massey. I am sure the Dev Team find it endearing to see they have such dedicated fans.

View PostFiReFTW, on 1 Feb 2009, 12:03, said:

Those aren't exactly the kind words of encouragement now, are they?

How would you feel after spending x amount of time creating something to receive a comment like that?

Just think about that for a second, please.

Not very nice, is it?

I don't mind him doing this ,fine its a nice gesture , the thing is he is doing things like this for the past 2 months non stop , opening threads that have no real meaning , writting 10 pages of something all the time , and quite frankly its a bit annoying and im wondering if he has no other more important thing too do than write on a forum all day long?
Posted Image

#36 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 21:38

http://forum.cncrene...?act=boardrules

Freedom of speech
Every member has the right to say what he thinks. You should respect other peoples' views, no matter how much you might disagree with them. Posts that are clearly inflammatory or aggressive in nature are not allowed however. Respect goes both ways. You show us your respect, and we will return the gesture.

#37 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 01 February 2009 - 23:03

BRING ON THE.....forget it....

Nice little thing man, If you get better, I'm sure the ROTR Team could use an extra writer 8|

Good Stuff!

Edited by Sobek, 01 February 2009 - 23:03.

Formerly Sobek

#38 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 23:30

View PostSobek, on 1 Feb 2009, 23:03, said:

BRING ON THE.....forget it....

Nice little thing man, If you get better, I'm sure the ROTR Team could use an extra writer 8|

Good Stuff!

Tbh, with OD and Dauth, with JB and Kirkov backing them up if it all goes utterly pearshaped, the ROTR team has undoubtedly got the forum's finest creative minds behind it's writing already.

Nonetheless, while a little... lengthy/fanboyish... for my tastes, impressive to see you spend so much time dedicated to a single project Massey. Nice stuff :)

Edited by AJ, 01 February 2009 - 23:30.

For there can be no death without life.

#39 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 23:38

A touch fanboi-sh Massey, but worthy of a mention. That's not a bad piece of prose. But please God let someone with a English as their first language edit that post? It would be considerably better with the correct Queens English.

#40 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 02 February 2009 - 00:35

View PostMassey, on 1 Feb 2009, 9:50, said:

View PostPapaya Master Rai, on 1 Feb 2009, 19:33, said:

View PostNergiZed, on 1 Feb 2009, 15:45, said:

View PostPapaya Master Rai, on 1 Feb 2009, 5:32, said:

Your grammar has improved a lot, but you should have capitalized some of the words and fixed a little bit of grammar in your big post. I must say you put A LOT of effort there which makes it a wonderful story, but don't you think that you should be studying or preparing for school?

Ja, after I actually read the piece, I honestly couldn't beleive that Massey wrote it; I was fairly impressed.

I hope he writes like this more. Well... I hope he writes in the fashion, but with more brevity in coloquial posts.

Come to think of it you're right about that. Massey did drastically improved in his grammar and made an excellent story about ROTR and you really can not believe that he actually wrote it...that's how good he is in writing this exotic story.
@CommanderJB: Oh and CommanderJB don't forget to tell Massey about capitalizing the word I. 8|

when i wrote this i was going to bring them out in a 3 part story. but after doing China and US (with spellcheck being my friend) and did Russia in a rush (without spell check) i just put it al together for the hell of it! (Q TRUMPETS! hehe)

all that hard work reading maps, back story and RotR manual and u dont believe i did it :( i have FAIL ='(

Combining them into one post was a great decision on your part. Because I can guarentee that they would've been combined by the mods afterrwards.

#41 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:16

Massey gets a little heat every now and then, but this is Freeaking Amazing.

Great job man.
Attached Image

#42 Chicken

Visitor

• 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:47

Wow, Impressive, Good work Massiey!

I wish people would stop putting emphasis on claiming he has too much time and putting more on how great of a job he did.. 8|

#43 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:50

View PostPav3d, on 2 Feb 2009, 3:41, said:

Yes, take a peek at the render - as Scope said, it's simply partly covered by the ERA bricks.

View PostMassey, on 2 Feb 2009, 3:42, said:

View PostCommanderJB, on 1 Feb 2009, 17:49, said:

By the way, Russia did see the U.S. attacks coming (the lore says they intercepted the communications after all and you'll notice there was a base perimeter there, simply not as heavily defended).
Also, moved to Writings as it has little relevance to mod news, questions or information; Red Storm was in Writings, and so shall this be too.

well....
Let me first start with. Any base any nation around the world has a perimeter. Thats a given.

to quote the lore...
"The Russians, unknown to the newly titled Pacific Peace Alliance had intercepted intelligence relating to the planned attack. Once every technician and scientist was evacuated, Colonel Rostov informed his troops that the base should be held at all costs."

these just a few points, i want to make clear. Why i sead what i sead.

1. the word "Relating" makes you think. Did the Russians get a genaral China and US attack plan or US focus only attak plan or China focus only attack plan?

2. Col. Rostov telling his man, the base should be held at all costs.
makes you think if he did get word of the US attack (or attack on 2 sides) he would of put a much stronger defence. I know ur thinking he needed all hes troop at the south but he had tanks siting at the southeast of the base. (i might add got destroyed, with a few others doing nothing)

3. He had a HUGE defence at the south. So it makes you think the "intercepted intelligence relating to the planned attack" was about the China attack plan

oh i was hoping (but i understand why u put there) can you move it back to RotR fourm plz. if not, all good! ^.^

i might add JB wins and gets to be asign to the field!!! congratz!
It's not 100% clear, but it is apparent that the Russians were expecting the USA. Where they expected them is another matter entirely. They were apparently prepared for attacks from all directions, but not specifically the direction(s) the USA came from, suggesting they were aware of where the Chinese force was (not that hard when they're booming marching music across the landscape from a giant airship and setting up forward bases after all) but not where the USA force would appear. But it's almost guaranteed they did know there was going to be one, if not its form or exact location. Certainly the battle proved well enough that no side was really under-defended too badly.
You don't need to remove it as this is simply your work and the lack of exact clarity in the original document makes it into a case of my opinion versus yours, where you have every right to believe what you wish. I am simply stating why I believe otherwise.
And no, it will not be moved back to the Rise of the Reds forum as it is not official Rise of the Reds content, rather a piece of original writing which is based in the Rise of the Reds universe the same as General Kirkov's Red Storm (which you may like to check out).

Edited by CommanderJB, 02 February 2009 - 03:53.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 16:25

You sir have made a realy good point. i want u on my debating team (if i had one.....) rofl

i want to make this 99.99999999 close to lore as posable. (上校 梅西 Colonel-Massey breaks the 100% :( )
So i will up date it as soon as i get some time to do so!

#45 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 00:29

Well, in Chinese culture, there isn't too much people whose family name is 梅; also, in Chinese grammar, it is reversed from Western grammar, which is 梅西上校, and there's no space in there.

Anyways, this is pretty good, I like it.

#46 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:30

family names u can forgive.

but the 梅西上校 is not the same as 上校 梅西

my one means in Chinese (Colonel-Massi )

(there no realy derect tranlation for massey :( )

your one means in Chinese (Colonel Lionel Messi)

Edited by Massey, 03 February 2009 - 02:52.

#47 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:04

View PostMassey, on 2 Feb 2009, 18:30, said:

1.梅西上校
2.上校 梅西
1's Definition(Colonel Massey )
2's Definition(Colonel Lionel [ :P ] Massey)

Oh yes they are the same, almost any translators f*** up when translating English -> Chinese, even if it's made by Chinese. (No sarcasm detected, really)

In Chinese, we always put a person's name ahead of his/her job/rank (ALWAYS), while in Western civilizations job/rank is always ahead of a person's name (To my knowledge), but, they means essentially the same thing. These are two types of grammar, I'm just pointing out that if it's to look more like a Chinese typed it (especially you typed their names in Chinese), you should change it to 梅西上校, rather than 上校 梅西. Same applies for the other guy.

#48 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:41

View PostFCS The General, on 3 Feb 2009, 14:04, said:

View PostMassey, on 2 Feb 2009, 18:30, said:

1.梅西上校
2.上校 梅西
1's Definition(Colonel Massey )
2's Definition(Colonel Lionel [ :P ] Massey)

Oh yes they are the same, almost any translators f*** up when translating English -> Chinese, even if it's made by Chinese. (No sarcasm detected, really)

In Chinese, we always put a person's name ahead of his/her job/rank (ALWAYS), while in Western civilizations job/rank is always ahead of a person's name (To my knowledge), but, they means essentially the same thing. These are two types of grammar, I'm just pointing out that if it's to look more like a Chinese typed it (especially you typed their names in Chinese), you should change it to 梅西上校, rather than 上校 梅西. Same applies for the other guy.

You sir are correct!!! on all counts! the lionel thing was becuase i add a word in my translatta so sry about that. ^.^

and my tranlatta SUCKs its tranlates words. good and all. but not the grammer :(

on a other note im working on the US attack in the Russia emial (from work ^.^ it will take a day or two so just wait around)

Edited by Massey, 03 February 2009 - 05:44.

#49 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:50

BTW, is the whole Lionel supposed to be a reference to THE Messi? The one and only Argentinian superstar of Barcelona FC?
Posted Image

#50 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 03 February 2009 - 23:08

View PostScope, on 3 Feb 2009, 2:50, said:

BTW, is the whole Lionel supposed to be a reference to THE Messi? The one and only Argentinian superstar of Barcelona FC?

i was wondering the same thing. i applaud him if it is, messi's a beast
Attached Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users