Aftermath of the battle of Kurmuk!!!

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Email story (6 member(s) have cast votes)

what you think?

1. Good story (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Needs work (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Want a other one

1. You want a other story (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. No more storys plz (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. This one needs work first (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 21:36

Email from: 梅西上校
(Massey-Colonel)
Posted Image
陳大校 (Chen-Senior Colonel) this is 梅西上校 (Massey-Colonel) reporting from the Peoples base out side the town of Gore in Ethiopia. south of the river of Baro Wenz

陳大校 (Chen-Senior Colonel) our joint strike with the US on the Russian Kurmuk base has fail. and i highly advise you sir that we do our own intelligence on any future joint strikes with the US.
we lost 3/4 of are 42 and 88 Tiger Battalions to a new unknown Russian weapon system.
this image is from one of are Hellfire MiG's:
Posted Image
To the best of our knowledge its some sort of heavy shell system. we have unconfirmed reports from our US counterparts that this new weapon system was deployed from what we thought was the missile silo in the brief. this needs to be confirmed before we plan for a other strike.

With the dishonorable fail of this strike. and the failure of US intelligence. We need to rethink of China's part in this area of Africa. If we choose to stay in this area of Africa we need to reinforce. with the lost of are Battalions and only one Battalion, the 38th with the left overs of the 42nd and 88th, we need reinforcements. The peoples base needs them. Sir 陳大校 (Chen-Senior Colonel) honorablely asking for any and all troops you can send.

We are receiving reports that Russia is reinforceing there Russian Kurmuk base. With that they are getting ready to counterattack but are waiting for a go ahead from Moscow.
This image is from one of our spys in a MI-24 above one of Russia's air base near Kurmuk.
Posted Image
Our spy informs us that the генера́л-майо́р Орлов ( 奧爾洛夫少將 ) [Major General Orlov] is the main battle group that is reinforceing the bases and if Moscow gives the go ahead, 奧爾洛夫少將 (Major General Orlov) will be the battle group that will over run us at the Peoples base out side the town of Gore.

This is 梅西上校 (Massey-Colonel) thanking you for your honorable time 陳大校 (Chen-Senior Colonel) and waving your banner high! Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________

Email from: Полковник Ростов (Colonel Rostov)
Posted Image
Email that is writen here is for Генерал-майор Александр и генерал-майор Орлов
(Major General Aleksandr and Major General Orlov)

I would like to thank Генерал-майор Александр (Major General Aleksandr) for the main source of income. with the money that is coming in to the base we have made great progress in the field of Telsa technology. Working telsa coils and tanks ready for last field testing and Генерал-майор Александр (Major General Aleksandr) seal of improvement for deployment. After testing the technology in the now famous defence battle of the Kurmuk base. The technology proved better then expected but eough about the Telsa. We also had progress in the field of a nuclear-biological-chemical protection systems tank. The Golem made for GLA biological and chemical warfare. Golem tanks can be used in nuclear hit terran. The Golem is a tank for heavy battles indeed. We also have some prototype Railtanks being shipped across Sudan to Генерал-майор Александр (Major General Aleksandr) for a updated testing But eough about reseach.

Lets move on to the battle that made us test are defences. We now know that the US and China are in a pact to remove us from Africa but they attack on are base fail thanks to Генерал-майор Орлов (Major General Orlov) man power that you asign to us at the base and with that i would like to thank you from all of the base. Thank you Sir. With out them i feel all of my man would be dead at the moment.
After the battle we got some images from a Berkut chasing down a few Chinese Hellfire MiG's. After we looked at them, we find some things we wish for you both to look in to.
The image was taken 1 minute and 45 sec's and 46 microseconds after engagement with the MiG's started
Posted Image

1. Telsa coil at its full usefulness. As you can see we spent a alot of time trying to get this technology ready for use and to be useful. time well spent i say.
2. The Tremor A.G.A.S. has proven its self in this battle like nothing has before it! As youu can see its clear most of the China's armed fores in a single volley. I should thank that young engineer but i cant remember the name. With most of the soldiers dead on the ground and many of there tanks burning they still came. We were ready.
3. This is a new aircraft that China is using. To the best of are knowledge its main use is inspire man with loud inspiring tranmissions. It also has a few MG guns but on a whole i give it a threat level of 4/10 but i will say its heavily armored. Its took 2 S-300's to take it down.
4. I will thank Генерал-майор Александр (Major General Aleksandr) for the idea of puting the Air Raid System on top of the building. this made it 100% efficient.
5. I must say sry to Генерал-майор Орлов. (Major General Orlov) I could not save your BMD-3's from a airstrike of Hellfire MiG's. I did save the Golems

On the return trip for the Berkut it also took this image
Posted Image
As this image proves, the intelligence we received was correct about a China-US attack strike group. From what we can tell the US broke off from the main body to sneak around to the north-west but its unclear of where the Nighthawk Fighter-Bombers come from at this stage. We believe they come from one of the Chinese air bases.
Our first line of defence on the north-west side of the base. Did not hold under the weight of the USA force. Lucky the Internal Base Defence (I.B.D) was so well planned that we lost no more man apart of a group 4 defening the War Factory. Its should be noted that the US are redeploying the Chaparral after 30 plus years. The Chaparral has been updated with new Missiles. This old Friend should be kept at max range for safey.

We also got this image.
Posted Image
This new vechile is a none armored top Hamvee. It seem to be a lighter and faster Hamvee for Special Operations. Intell on this new vechile is unknow at this time

Posted Image
With our Flag still flying gloryest and with the reinforcements that you gave us Генерал-майор Орлов. (Major General Orlov) I would like to know if we got premission from Moscow to go finsh off the Chinese force in Gore?

Your glory bring Полковник Ростов (Colonel Rostov) signing off.

Email from: Pentagon / Secretary of Defence
Posted Image
This is a Colonel entry level email to all newly appointed commanders.
Due to miss identifying friends from foes military accidents close to the town of Kurmuk. It has come to are attention that we need to have a up to date crash couse of mark identifying to all the newly appointed commands. With Russian military hardwear been used by many of are allies in Africa and around Kurmuk. Its a must to be identifying friends from foes. That sead. we dont have any images of locals military hardwear markings to show at this point of time. The main making ur looking for is as followed:
Posted Image
It is the mark that Russia is using to identifi its military hardwear belongs to Russia.

We also have a image that will help you to see the marks on Russian unit.
[Note]:This image is of Russian units captured after the battle of 'Kurmuk's Russian reseach base'.
Posted Image
There are 16 marks in this image we need you to report all 16 before we asign you to the field.
Following up on identifying marks topic. We want all commanders to make 100% confirmation on any and all targets. We dont want any international incidents in Africa. That sead take care and get the job done.

We also wish to inform all newly appointed commanders the following:
Newly made Russian silo's in Africa are NOT Missile silo's as we have find out in the Battle of 'Kurmuk's Russian reseach base'
The following image was taken by one of our UAV Predator's
Posted Image
This new weapon system fires heavy shells. Thats all the intell we have at this point of time.

We need all newly appointed commanders to take EXTREME care in Africa due to the failed attack on the 'Kurmuk's Russian reseach base' and Russia most likely be on high alert. If not ready for a counterattack and with the threat of the GLA. Africa and mainly Sudan is a hot spot.

To conclude:
* Watch out for markings
* Marking test
* New Russian weapon systems
* Take EXTREME care

That sead, take care and get the job done.
Pentagon / Secretary of Defence

Posted Image
THANK YOU
I would like to thank a few ppl that made this a better piece of work! ^.^

Well.... First off the RotR team for the lore. to work off. So Thank You!!!

Next I like to thank CommanderJB.
We may disagree but its to come to a conquetion! and with you this would not be as close to the Lore as i can make it. So Thank You Sir!!!

Next... OH yes this person made me work on.... STINGER!!!!!!
I like to thank you for standing up for me after so much negative commects were sead. I took your words to heart. <3. I was going to leave this piece of work but after ur kined words... well my thinking cap went straght back on. So Thank You!!!

Next... FCS The General
After your info on Chinese writing i fixed it up. So Thank You!!!

Next... Wi-Ta with the same flow as Stinger. So Thank You!!!

Next... NergiZed for your words of wisdom. So Thank You!!!

There are a few more i like to thank but this would just go on and on for ppl's kind words and help tips. So for those other ppl Thank You

Edited by Massey, 04 February 2009 - 23:34.

#2 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 22:57

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS.....
For this man's big post.

I see you have been playing RotR A lot lately.
It looks nice, and you seem to have put a lot of effort into it.

Edit: That said, why did you post this? You must really like this Mod to do alll that >.>

Or be incredible bored.

Edited by Brad, 31 January 2009 - 22:58.

You almost did, didn't you?

#3 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 22:58

You have WAAAY too much time on your hands...

Posted Image

#4 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 31 January 2009 - 22:58

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Err, tl;dr. But looks like you put a lot of effort in.

#5 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 22:59

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS MAN.
What exactly is this for?
I tl;dr'd
Posted Image

#6 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 31 January 2009 - 23:00

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!
All thou this is a very interesting Post it does look like u put alot of effort in

Edited by Zhou Zhang, 31 January 2009 - 23:02.

#7 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 31 January 2009 - 23:05

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS. (Just had to)

Although you put alot of effort into this, You really must have alot of time on your hands...
Posted Image

#8 BlitzGeneral

Amateur

• 134 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 23:12

I vote for Massey as King of the Universe.

O_O

#9 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 31 January 2009 - 23:59

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!!!

You sir have Too Much Spare Time, but your effort is commendable.

#10 edsato82

Professional

• 317 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 00:32

apparently, you were bored.
Posted Image Thanks Kid
Posted Image Thanks Abourror

#11 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:39

I bet five cents that he cares more about the lore than anyone else, including the team.

#12 Lord Atlantis

I am Iron Man

• 3807 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:59

Amazing lore there Massey, some grammar areas that can be polished up, but amazing work there. Really detailed. Especially with the images. :P
Posted Image

#13 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:18

View PostRich19, on 31 Jan 2009, 17:58, said:

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

I didn't SAY anything...

I wonder if this is similar to what the team had in mind? Massey is quite the fanboi :P

Edited by Scope, 01 February 2009 - 04:20.

Posted Image

#14 Red

Smell No Evil!!

• 581 posts
  • Projects: Nothing but posting...

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:17

View PostScope, on 1 Feb 2009, 12:18, said:

...Massey is quite the fanboi :P

I agree! If The Hunter or Comr4de release a ROTR T-shirt or something, I'll bet Massey is going to buy all of them! :D
Fav. mod:
-SWR
-Contra
-Tiberium Essence

Got juice!?

#15 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:32

Your grammar has improved a lot, but you should have capitalized some of the words and fixed a little bit of grammar in your big post. I must say you put A LOT of effort there which makes it a wonderful story, but don't you think that you should be studying or preparing for school?

Edited by Papaya Master Rai, 01 February 2009 - 06:40.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:34

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS

Very cool, good work.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Wi-Ta

Veteran

• 471 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:08

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS! (hehe i had to)

Nice done Massy.

Best regards
Wi-Ta

#18 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:38

View PostScope, on 1 Feb 2009, 14:18, said:

View PostRich19, on 31 Jan 2009, 17:58, said:

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

I didn't SAY anything...

I wonder if this is similar to what the team had in mind? Massey is quite the fanboi :P

i dont know if any one notice but this "fan base lore"(got nothing to do with the real lore)
NOTHING has happen yet!!! all thats happen is China falled back, Russia reinforceing and maybe getting ready for a counter attack. and US is making sure that all newly appointed commanders dont make any international incidents.

to some up.
*this is NOT lore. just a fan base take on it ^.^
* work week finsh on (aussie) friday and had time to kill!
* and yes that 5c bet is a save bet ^.^

#19 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:45

View PostRed, on 1 Feb 2009, 5:17, said:

View PostScope, on 1 Feb 2009, 12:18, said:

...Massey is quite the fanboi :P

I agree! If The Hunter or Comr4de release a ROTR T-shirt or something, I'll bet Massey is going to buy all of them! :D

You Speak the truth.

He would prolly be the one person in the world that dresses up as Boris for halloween. (Which would be Farkn' Epic)

View PostPapaya Master Rai, on 1 Feb 2009, 5:32, said:

Your grammar has improved a lot, but you should have capitalized some of the words and fixed a little bit of grammar in your big post. I must say you put A LOT of effort there which makes it a wonderful story, but don't you think that you should be studying or preparing for school?

Ja, after I actually read the piece, I honestly couldn't beleive that Massey wrote it; I was fairly impressed.

I hope he writes like this more. Well... I hope he writes in the fashion, but with more brevity in coloquial posts.

#20 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:49

Your effort is commendable... but please, for the love of all that is good in the English language, don't spell phonetically. The most obvious example is 'are' and 'our'. It's not 'are tanks' it's 'our tanks'. Other examples include 'drew' (should be 'due'). And spelling the names in their respective languages is very odd as it breaks the reader's attention trying to figure out what you actually mean. It's best to be consistent even if you do want to give it an authentic flavour. (And, uh, going into microseconds is a little too far.)
By the way, Russia did see the U.S. attacks coming (the lore says they intercepted the communications after all and you'll notice there was a base perimeter there, simply not as heavily defended).
Also, moved to Writings as it has little relevance to mod news, questions or information; Red Storm was in Writings, and so shall this be too.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Rai

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:33

View PostNergiZed, on 1 Feb 2009, 15:45, said:

Ja, after I actually read the piece, I honestly couldn't beleive that Massey wrote it; I was fairly impressed.

I hope he writes like this more. Well... I hope he writes in the fashion, but with more brevity in coloquial posts.

Come to think of it you're right about that. Massey did drastically improved in his grammar and made an excellent story about ROTR and you really can not believe that he actually wrote it...that's how good he is in writing this exotic story.
@CommanderJB: Oh and CommanderJB don't forget to tell Massey about capitalizing the word I. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:50

View PostPapaya Master Rai, on 1 Feb 2009, 19:33, said:

View PostNergiZed, on 1 Feb 2009, 15:45, said:

Come to think of it you're right about that. Massey did drastically improved in his grammar and made an excellent story about ROTR and you really can not believe that he actually wrote it...that's how good he is in writing this exotic story.
@CommanderJB: Oh and CommanderJB don't forget to tell Massey about capitalizing the word I. :P

when i wrote this i was going to bring them out in a 3 part story. but after doing China and US (with spellcheck being my friend) and did Russia in a rush (without spell check) i just put it al together for the hell of it! (Q TRUMPETS! hehe)

all that hard work reading maps, back story and RotR manual and u dont believe i did it :( i have FAIL ='(

Edited by Massey, 01 February 2009 - 09:51.

#23 Rai

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:55

Oh Massey cheer up, we ALL like your story very much. And we would like you to create another one. Is that ok and do you also have time to make another one? :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Massey

<Custom title available>

• 538 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:58

i would but i used to much of the only part of the story we know. i need the next battle or mission or phase to make a other

on a other note im looking forward to see what comr4de thinks of this! (hes my RotR hero ^.^)

on a other OTHER note any one that can give us a list of ALL 16 marks will be....... Asign to the field!

Edited by Massey, 01 February 2009 - 10:36.

#25 K-9

Amateur

• 105 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:03

Thats.... Interesting..... :P
WTF?!@!@?! where did i put it???

"Gravity, whats That"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users