Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 confirmed

691 replies to this topic

#651 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 20:50

View PostSoul, on 8 Nov 2009, 6:19, said:

View PostFoxhound, on 7 Nov 2009, 15:01, said:

Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. I don't need to remind you of his philosophy towards gaming.

Mind telling me what it is please?

He's only interested in publishing games with clear sequel potential (IE. Things they can release on a yearly basis). It's also clear that he himself isn't a gamer, he's a businessman.

I'm not complaining about the Matchmaking, I'm complaining because the PC version is nothing like COD4, which it should be because its a sequel.

Weren't you the one complaining it was too similar to CoD4 and it looked more like an expansion pack until a moment ago?

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#652 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 20:58

View PostRaiDK, on 7 Nov 2009, 15:50, said:

View PostSoul, on 8 Nov 2009, 6:19, said:

View PostFoxhound, on 7 Nov 2009, 15:01, said:

Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. I don't need to remind you of his philosophy towards gaming.

Mind telling me what it is please?

He's only interested in publishing games with clear sequel potential (IE. Things they can release on a yearly basis). It's also clear that he himself isn't a gamer, he's a businessman.

And I quote, from August's Deutche Bank tech conference thingy: He wanted to "promote an air of uncertainty, fear, and skepticism" in game developers, and that if he had it his way, he would "raise the cost [of Guitar Hero peripherals- already 60 dollars, mind] to 100 dollars or more". And that's just SOME of his gems. You should see him, he even looks the part of an utter tool.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#653 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 21:09

BEHOLD
Posted Image

#654 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 21:14

View PostRaiDK, on 7 Nov 2009, 20:50, said:

I'm not complaining about the Matchmaking, I'm complaining because the PC version is nothing like COD4, which it should be because its a sequel.

Weren't you the one complaining it was too similar to CoD4 and it looked more like an expansion pack until a moment ago?

Yeah, sorry didn't word that right.
What i meant to say is that it is similar in gameplay but not similar in features :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#655 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:47

This could end up like Fallout 3 did: Everyone called foul when FO3 was announced to be 1st person and non-turn based, but then it went on to pretty much be considered game of the year.

#656 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:55

View PostRaiDK, on 7 Nov 2009, 16:09, said:

BEHOLD
*Guy who looks too much like Bobby Kotick*

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Edited by Foxhound, 08 November 2009 - 05:55.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#657 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:04

Posted Image

Yes!
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#658 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:44

View PostRaiDK, on 8 Nov 2009, 6:47, said:

This could end up like Fallout 3 did: Everyone called foul when FO3 was announced to be 1st person and non-turn based, but then it went on to pretty much be considered game of the year.

Tbh, that was just a number of fanboys of the original Fallout games. Those were fun but the turn-based isometric view is outdated IMO. This is nowhere near as radical a change. MW2 will still be a good game regardless of the lack of dedicated servers. However I fear it will be shortlived for me, as I am sure that this system would exaggerate my horrible ping.
Posted Image

#659 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:51

View PostJRK, on 8 Nov 2009, 12:44, said:

[...]However I fear it will be shortlived for me, as I am sure that this system would exaggerate my horrible ping.
Even that would depend on who you play with though :D .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#660 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:18

View PostKiraSama, on 6 Nov 2009, 6:08, said:

Actually the 360 version has party chat droped, apparently because you can cheat with it by telling your friends were the enemies are

This is not true. Provide a link to your source so I may hunt them down.

#661 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:27

View PostFoxhound, on 8 Nov 2009, 15:55, said:

BEHOLD
*Guy who IS Bobby Kotick*

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Fix'd.

#662 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 13:08

View PostRaiDK, on 8 Nov 2009, 13:27, said:

View PostFoxhound, on 8 Nov 2009, 15:55, said:

BEHOLD
*Guy who IS Bobby Kotick*

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Fix'd.

Well, I'd still
Posted Image
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#663 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 15:00

View PostNem, on 8 Nov 2009, 13:18, said:

This is not true. Provide a link to your source so I may hunt them down.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia....188&pic=GEN
http://scrawlfx.com/2009/11/modern-warfare...-360-party-chat
http://www.ripten.com/2009/11/02/modern-wa...ltiplayer-mode/
http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/02/360-party-...dern-warfare-2/
Posted Image

#664 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:32

Wow 2 days without a post, for this thread that is an epic necro!

Pre-purchase done! I'll be creating a Hamachi group for us all to play on...........oh wait.....

#665 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:43

I'm waiting to see the pc-reviews 8|

#666 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:02

Don't know if you guys have seen this...but http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51288/Mo...Locked-By-Steam

Also I was going to get this game but after reading more about I've decided not to..

Edit: Nvm I just realized that the unlock time is today...

Edited by Noh, 10 November 2009 - 18:07.

Posted Image

#667 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 21:10

View PostNoh, on 10 Nov 2009, 19:02, said:

Edit: Nvm I just realized that the unlock time is today...

Actually if you pre-order the game by stream you dont get to plat till the 12 of this month
Posted Image

#668 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 23:23

How long will it take for the multiplayer on pc to die? I've been checking around the net for forums and other sites for peoples reactions to the game and what I've heard so far is that the game itself is good but the matchmaking sucks bigtime. Lot of tries to find one good game, lagging, warping.

#669 RaiDK

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:42

Quick, everyone act surprised! :D

#670 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:52

View PostWanderer, on 10 Nov 2009, 23:23, said:

How long will it take for the multiplayer on pc to die? I've been checking around the net for forums and other sites for peoples reactions to the game and what I've heard so far is that the game itself is good but the matchmaking sucks bigtime. Lot of tries to find one good game, lagging, warping.

Its more than just a cruddy multiplayer experience, because they are dumbing it down to console standards there is no server control, no modding, no custom maps they have even reduced the player count to 9v9, and thats only on one mode, for everything else its 6v6. For a game thats so multiplayer centric it has taken leaps and bounds - backwards - in terms of what a multiplayer game should be expected to provide for the PC.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#671 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:02

View PostIon Cannon!, on 11 Nov 2009, 8:52, said:

Its more than just a cruddy multiplayer experience, because they are dumbing it down to console standards there is no server control, no modding, no custom maps they have even reduced the player count to 9v9, and thats only on one mode, for everything else its 6v6. For a game thats so multiplayer centric it has taken leaps and bounds - backwards - in terms of what a multiplayer game should be expected to provide for the PC.

That's more than a little bit zealous. In the games I've played on MW anything more than 10 people, on even the largest maps, turns into a respawn-fest. Yes, IWnet is bound to be a pain in the arse. But that won't stop the game itself from being superb.

Edited by Wizard, 11 November 2009 - 09:02.

#672 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:07

I really hope that other gamemakers learn from this little adventure and keep the dedicated servers as standard. I was really looking forward to this game but what can you do :D PC might not be the big seller anymore but fucking multiplayer up this bad is a sure way to kill it completely and fast.

@ Wizard: But even if the game is good balance-wise and game-wise, can you say you enjoy a game when your lagging and warping all over the place? IW made a great game, especially on the consoles. The problem is that they made the multiplayer on pc so bad that you are missing the good game-part of this.

Edited by Wanderer, 11 November 2009 - 09:10.

#673 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:16

View PostWanderer, on 11 Nov 2009, 9:07, said:

@ Wizard: But even if the game is good balance-wise and game-wise, can you say you enjoy a game when your lagging and warping all over the place? IW made a great game, especially on the consoles. The problem is that they made the multiplayer on pc so bad that you are missing the good game-part of this.

How have they made the MP so bad? The game isn't released until tonight? We don't even know how it'll work properly yet? I have no interest in anything other than private matches. So long as I am able to connect to other FS'ers then I'll be happy. Until we get a chance to test that how can you say it's bad? You're only going to be able to game with the same people you'd probably game with anyway. You still get lag from servers if someone has a bad connection anyway? It was a weird decision to adopt this approach, but I'd suggest not bashing it until you have some evidence to bash it with.

#674 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:27

View PostWizard, on 11 Nov 2009, 9:02, said:

That's more than a little bit zealous. In the games I've played on MW anything more than 10 people, on even the largest maps, turns into a respawn-fest. Yes, IWnet is bound to be a pain in the arse. But that won't stop the game itself from being superb.

Perhaps, but I think its dumb for a game to be that hyped up, to be missing several key things which differentiate it from a console version. Its taken steps back, instead of forwards.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#675 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:05

View PostIon Cannon!, on 11 Nov 2009, 11:27, said:

View PostWizard, on 11 Nov 2009, 9:02, said:

Perhaps, but I think its dumb for a game to be that hyped up, to be missing several key things which differentiate it from a console version. Its taken steps back, instead of forwards.
It has taken several steps back BECAUSE it was so hyped up. If CoD 4 wasn't such a massive success and MW2 not one of the most anticipated gamed of all time, IW/Activision would NEVER have dared lay their hands on their games in ways like this.

Edited by Chyros, 11 November 2009 - 11:12.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users