• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:34

View PostChyros, on 11 Nov 2009, 12:05, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 11 Nov 2009, 11:27, said:

View PostWizard, on 11 Nov 2009, 9:02, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 11 Nov 2009, 8:52, said:

View PostWanderer, on 10 Nov 2009, 23:23, said:

How long will it take for the multiplayer on pc to die? I've been checking around the net for forums and other sites for peoples reactions to the game and what I've heard so far is that the game itself is good but the matchmaking sucks bigtime. Lot of tries to find one good game, lagging, warping.

Its more than just a cruddy multiplayer experience, because they are dumbing it down to console standards there is no server control, no modding, no custom maps they have even reduced the player count to 9v9, and thats only on one mode, for everything else its 6v6. For a game thats so multiplayer centric it has taken leaps and bounds - backwards - in terms of what a multiplayer game should be expected to provide for the PC.

That's more than a little bit zealous. In the games I've played on MW anything more than 10 people, on even the largest maps, turns into a respawn-fest. Yes, IWnet is bound to be a pain in the arse. But that won't stop the game itself from being superb.

Perhaps, but I think its dumb for a game to be that hyped up, to be missing several key things which differentiate it from a console version. Its taken steps back, instead of forwards.
It has taken several steps back BECAUSE it was so hyped up. If CoD 4 wasn't such a massive success and MW2 not one of the most anticipated gamed of all time, IW/Activision would NEVER have dared lay their hands on their games in ways like this.

indeed, i wouldn't be surprised if IW would boast about "dedicated server support andsoforth" in the next instalment. companies tend to hold back content/material just to make profit in the future.
it's time to wake up

#677 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:41

View PostCamille, on 11 Nov 2009, 11:34, said:

How long will it take for the multiplayer on pc to die? I've been checking around the net for forums and other sites for peoples reactions to the game and what I've heard so far is that the game itself is good but the matchmaking sucks bigtime. Lot of tries to find one good game, lagging, warping.

Its more than just a cruddy multiplayer experience, because they are dumbing it down to console standards there is no server control, no modding, no custom maps they have even reduced the player count to 9v9, and thats only on one mode, for everything else its 6v6. For a game thats so multiplayer centric it has taken leaps and bounds - backwards - in terms of what a multiplayer game should be expected to provide for the PC.

That's more than a little bit zealous. In the games I've played on MW anything more than 10 people, on even the largest maps, turns into a respawn-fest. Yes, IWnet is bound to be a pain in the arse. But that won't stop the game itself from being superb.

Perhaps, but I think its dumb for a game to be that hyped up, to be missing several key things which differentiate it from a console version. Its taken steps back, instead of forwards.
It has taken several steps back BECAUSE it was so hyped up. If CoD 4 wasn't such a massive success and MW2 not one of the most anticipated gamed of all time, IW/Activision would NEVER have dared lay their hands on their games in ways like this.

indeed, i wouldn't be surprised if IW would boast about "dedicated server support andsoforth" in the next instalment. companies tend to hold back content/material just to make profit in the future.

I doubt they will bring the next installment to the PC market, i feel MW2 will be the last IW COD on the PC.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#678 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:56

View PostTheDR, on 11 Nov 2009, 13:41, said:

View PostCamille, on 11 Nov 2009, 11:34, said:

I doubt they will bring the next installment to the PC market, i feel MW2 will be the last IW COD on the PC.
I think it may even be the last instalment IW make at all. They seem to *like* DLC instead.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#679 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:59

IW have been talking about other games. I can't remember where the article is right now. But I don't think they want to be stuck making the CoD franchise forever.

#680 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:24

I'm seeing a lot of comments here which have no basis.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#681 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:26

View PostRaiDK, on 11 Nov 2009, 12:24, said:

Its called speculation, there is nothing wrong with making predictions and having discussion about them :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#682 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:31

View PostRaiDK, on 11 Nov 2009, 12:24, said:

What I've stated is backed up by one of the directors at IW. I'll try and find the article somewhere.

#683 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:35

Just watched the GT review and god damn it looks amazing, I cant wait to do that airport mission, it looks incredible

edit: soundtrack is also on youtube, sounds fantastic

Edited by Pav3d, 11 November 2009 - 12:55.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#684 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:24

Wizard: the game has been playable since yesterday :D

I'm not saying the game itself is bad. I'm pretty sure that I would love it. I'm just hesitant to put my money into it if the multiplayer is as laggy as I've heard.

Edited by Wanderer, 11 November 2009 - 13:28.

#685 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:24

View PostPav3d, on 11 Nov 2009, 7:35, said:

edit: soundtrack is also on youtube, sounds fantastic

Ahh, Stop spoiling things!

Also, Modern Warfare 3 is confirmed. :D

#686 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:27

Sauce?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#687 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:29

View PostWanderer, on 11 Nov 2009, 13:24, said:

Wizard: the game has been playable since yesterday :D

Only SP. The MP is via Steam which isn't unlocked until tonight at 0000 when Steam users get their copy of the game as the MP is unlocked.

#688 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 13:30

Didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Wanderer, 11 November 2009 - 13:31.

#689 Dr. Knickers

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 506 posts
  • Projects: CnC 3: ConRed, CORE

Posted 11 November 2009 - 16:46

View PostPav3d, on 11 Nov 2009, 5:27, said:

Sauce?

http://kotaku.com/54...odern-warfare-3

Right here :D
Posted Image

#690 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:33

View PostPav3d, on 11 Nov 2009, 14:27, said:

Sauce?

Modern Warfare 2
Spoiler
if thats not MODERN WARFARE 3 CONFIRMED i dont know what the hell it is
Posted Image

#691 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 13:13

View PostKiraSama, on 15 Nov 2009, 12:33, said:

View PostPav3d, on 11 Nov 2009, 14:27, said:

Sauce?

Modern Warfare 2
Spoiler
if thats not MODERN WARFARE 3 CONFIRMED i dont know what the hell it is

Tell me about it!
It pisses me off really.

The campaign was alright, yes, but it was too short and a bit confusing at times.

If they simply spent more time on MW2, then they could've put more effort into the campaign, instead of trying to boost their profits for themselves.
It pisses me off that there will be a goddamned COD:7 (maybe 8), the franchise has had its day and should be stopped altogether.

Note: I did NOT buy MW2, my brother did and I played it that way.
You almost did, didn't you?

#692 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 17:30

View PostBrad, on 15 Nov 2009, 8:13, said:

If they simply spent more time on MW2, then they could've put more effort into the campaign, instead of trying to boost their profits for themselves.

The team that handles "boosting profits for them selfs" isn't the same team that developed the campaign.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users