Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Scope: Red Alertish xD I have no idea what you mean =P

TIGER TANK I Finished :P
Posted Image

Posted Image

1637 polys.

a MLRS.

Posted Image
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#27 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 18:47

don't get me wrong, you've got some skill, but your attention to detail is lacking. Here's some reference photos of the Tiger to help out....

Posted Image

Posted Image

And for any more models you wish to do that are based on modern weapons, use The-Blueprints.om, it'll help you make good looking models, just going off of a photo doesn't always cut it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#28 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 26 June 2009 - 20:25

Thanks for the feedback.
A texture will do the job for the other details. Yes, i forget to add some, but i think it's good and it'll looks better when textured.
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

#29 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 22:03

Kaiser VI Extremely Long Range Artilery

Posted Image

Spoter drone

Posted Image
Relay enemy positions in a long range =P

Both togheter, a danger combination.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 00:24

Well, my lastest model is a Flame Anti Air unit for China.

Posted Image

The damm plane thing almost took out the threads...well i'll post a better render soon. 725 polys.

Feedback as ways, is welcome.
Posted Image

#31 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 17:24

Chinese Flame Anti Air mk.2
Posted Image
Better version. 764 polys.

Chinese Artilery
Posted Image

Caveirão - BOPE
Posted Image

Tank Killer plane - no name yet. Suggestions are welcome
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 20:05

With regards to your Tiger I model, the mantel (place where the barrel meets the turret), is too rounded. On the Tiger, the mantel is more of a flat rectangle, rather than a dome.

The exhaust on the Chinese Flame Artillery looks a bit cheesy. Sorry for the lack of a better word, but at the moment I can think of no other way to describe it. I can suggest an alternative however. Rather than have the exhaust extend out so far, I suggest it be shortened almost to the bend.

As for name suggestions for the plane, what faction is receiving the plane? I only ask this because it might help me and others to generate a name.
Posted Image

#33 WNxMastrefubu

Man, myth, and legend

• 1136 posts
  • Projects: diji

Posted 06 July 2009 - 20:12

nice models, no ideas for the plane name, but ill tell u if i do
Attached Image

#34 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:27

The flame anti-air looks much better now (or at least, I am afraid to say, relatively so, because I still can't bring myself to accept the idea). The artillery is good too; I have no criticisms. It's also nice to see the detail on the Caveirão, as it makes a fairly basic shape look interesting. The tank buster plane on the other hand I'm not keen on, sorry, mostly because of the lozenge shapes on the wings; while they might have a purpose I'm not aware of, they don't make sense visually or logically on first pass. The rest of the model is good, but those bulky boxes really ruin it for me.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 14:30

Thanks all for the feedback!

@Warboss Nooka: Once again i thank you for the feedback (it's very improtant to me). The exaust pipes of the Chinese Anti-air, were a probleman when i put them, but i'm sure, that with a good texture, it'll be better.

@JB: Yeah, the Tank Buster, named Flying Hammer (because of it's shape), is not that good, but i never was that good with airplanes, that's why i'm trying to improve.

A new model for ya:

Posted Image
China's SuperWeapon Candidate.

Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 07 July 2009 - 14:30.

Posted Image

#36 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 15:22

that doesn't look half bad actually...

work some more on the barrels i say.
it's time to wake up

#37 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 20:55

k Thanks!

Posted Image

Blue tanky for ya.
Posted Image

#38 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 21:15

you're getting there i feel it.

just get rid of that gruesome blue first.

as for the tank itself: you're allowed to use a six-sided cylinder for the barrel, it looks a thousand times better.
it's time to wake up

#39 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 21:51

Thanks Prey. For some reason i like teh 4 sided barrels. Make it feel kinda classic. =P

Posted Image

I'm praticsing some smooth and rouded turrets and tank modeling. Also adding a few details.
BTW it has 580 polys.

Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 07 July 2009 - 21:52.

Posted Image

#40 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 22:38

sorry but you're wrong. there's absolutely no way a four-sided barrel looks "classic". it just looks odd and wrong.

no get rid of that awful green 8| grey renders for lime's sake.
it's time to wake up

#41 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:19

The Chinese Super Weapon is EPIC. What is the planned projectile to be fired? At first glance it looks like 2 enormous jet engines angled out of a building, but common sense tells me I know better than to think that. I'm not sure what to think about the tanks, other than I like the blue one better than the green.
Posted Image

#42 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 13:05

k Thanks budy!

About this Chinese Superweapon, you'll see, soon what it fires...
Posted Image

#43 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 15:39

So...here goes my entry to C&C Society Walkers Contest:

Posted Image

2170 polys. Feedback is welcome 8|
Posted Image

#44 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 17:43

I'm not really sure of what to think of it to be brutally honest mate. The one thought that does come to mind is that I believe it would look more at home in the Star Wars universe, than in that of Command and Conquer.
Posted Image

#45 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 18:43

k..i guess you didn't see C&C4 screens yet =P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

629 polys =]
Posted Image

#46 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 19:51

I have mate, but in spite of seeing the new screens, I'm still standing by my earlier conclusion.
Posted Image

#47 Dr. Knickers

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 506 posts
  • Projects: CnC 3: ConRed, CORE

Posted 11 July 2009 - 23:15

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 11 Jul 2009, 10:43, said:

I'm not really sure of what to think of it to be brutally honest mate. The one thought that does come to mind is that I believe it would look more at home in the Star Wars universe, than in that of Command and Conquer.

Let's not insult Star Wars now....

Anywho, the barracks is pretty good overall. I think the front ends stick out too much though.
Posted Image

#48 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:05

That walker was my personal critic: "EA don't know the difference betwen the AT-AT and Mamooth Mk2." Was my first reaction when i saw CnC4 pics.

But let's me dump a little more this thread.

Tan Barracks
Posted Image

Green Barracks
Posted Image

Green War Factory (ps, is 2 times bigger tham the barrcks)
Posted Image

These are for my personal project =P Soon i'll announce here at FS. It's on Moddb, i guess you guys already took a look threre.
Posted Image

#49 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 28 July 2009 - 14:53

Those are decent models, you have improved extremely quickly, nice job.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 15:53

Many thanks mate!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users