←  Entertainment

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Futurama returns!

Hobbesy's Photo Hobbesy 10 Jun 2009

Good news everyone, Futurama has a new season!
Edited by Høbbesy, 11 June 2009 - 00:11.

Libains's Photo Libains 11 Jun 2009

Oh heck, yeah I remember this - saw it yesterday. Of all the Groening productions, this was my favourite by miles - a renewal should be awesome too, considering how well the TV movies were made. The program has longevity, far more so than any other cartoon series I've seen, but consistently was overshadowed by other, larger shows (Simpsons I am looking at YOU)

TheDR's Photo TheDR 11 Jun 2009

*Dances*

Morbo is pleased with this!

*Dances Again*

Stop your silly dancing!

Posted Image

The Hypnotoad demands it upon his return!

Admiral Wesley's Photo Admiral Wesley 11 Jun 2009

Just when you thought it was safe to watch ATHF...

Is it gonna be on [adult swim] like last time?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 11 Jun 2009

In b4 Family Guy praise.

Yay I'm glad it's back. Family Guy has become too tasteless for me and the Simpsons is still iffy.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 11 Jun 2009

Easily the best of the three mentioned so far. Simpsons needs to end, Family Guy really can only work half the time. Should be good to see its return.

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 11 Jun 2009

Awesome, can't wait :P

View PostScope, on 11 Jun 2009, 6:33, said:

In b4 Family Guy praise.

Yay I'm glad it's back. Family Guy has become too tasteless for me and the Simpsons is still iffy.

Family Guy is fun about 50% of the time, more so when the do wacky things - when trying to appeal to ordinary American life it just turns me off. All I will say in it's favour is that when it got resurrected, it got better, and is surviving forever now, and is even producing spinoffs (the Cleveland Show anyone?). Fingers crossed that Futurama can pull off the same, if not a better comeback, but without the spinoffs!.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 11 Jun 2009

View PostAJ, on 11 Jun 2009, 11:22, said:

In b4 Family Guy praise.

Family Guy is fun about 50% of the time, more so when the do wacky things - when trying to appeal to ordinary American life it just turns me off. All I will say in it's favour is that when it got resurrected, it got better, and is surviving forever now, and is even producing spinoffs (the Cleveland Show anyone?). Fingers crossed that Futurama can pull off the same, if not a better comeback, but without the spinoffs!.

The Zoidberg show would be epic :P

But i have to agree, "Stalesons" is just reaping its self and Family Guy is just breaking the boundaries of everything and forgetting to be funny.
As far as i know, Futurama is just a giant Si-Fi parody, but its the only one out there at the moment and they are good at it, so long live Futurama!

Magma's Photo Magma 11 Jun 2009

Yes, Bender is back!
I loved Futurama serie and also movies so i' can't wait till they show it in my country.

Mbob61's Photo Mbob61 11 Jun 2009

Can't wait too see this :P

Mike

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 11 Jun 2009

I'm glad this is back, fox once again proved they're a load of stupid counsellors by axing it in the first place.

Don't have sky though so I will need other methods or wait for the dvd's.

MR.Kim's Photo MR.Kim 11 Jun 2009

Hyes! :)

I can't wait new season Futuerama. :P

samster01's Photo samster01 11 Jun 2009

That's great news :D

The Simpsons have gotten pretty stale recently.

Futurama always had a lot more style than the Simpsons.

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Hoping they don't screw this up. :P

- Sam

Nid's Photo Nid 11 Jun 2009

MORBO THINKS YOUR MEANS OF ENTERTAINMENT ARE PATHETIC, YET IS HAPPY THAT HE CAN WATCH THE GINGER ONE ACHIEVE NEW LEVELS OF STUPIDITY.

WNxMastrefubu's Photo WNxMastrefubu 12 Jun 2009

View PostAJ, on 11 Jun 2009, 6:22, said:

In b4 Family Guy praise.

lol, the clevland show. i thought i was a joke the 1st time i saw the 1st commercial

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 18 Jun 2009

View PostTheDR, on 11 Jun 2009, 12:52, said:

The Zoidberg show would be epic :P

Motion seconded!

Lord PieMonster's Photo Lord PieMonster 23 Jun 2009

While I'm glad that there will be more episodes to watch that I haven't seen, there's still something I'm wary about.

One of the main reasons that I love Futurama is that it ended at its peak (cancelled or not). I hope that Fox doesnt revive Futurama and turn it into something like the Simpsons where it goes on for so long that its no longer as funny and sort of ruins the show.

But I try to be optimistic, and as such I have high hopes. I just hope Matt Groening/David Cohen/Fox don't mess up its legacy.

now if you'll excuse me...WOOOOOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Slightly Wonky Robob's Photo Slightly Wonky Robob 23 Jun 2009

Even if Futurama does turn into simpsons 2.0, it can only ruin previous episodes if you let it :P

Most of the new episodes of the simpsons are just plain awful, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the classics.

Teron's Photo Teron 24 Jun 2009

^true and you might even find some good episodes between the ruining ones :)
Personally, I'm optimistic that it won't end up just like the Simpsons did.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 24 Jun 2009

I thought that the last series was superb. And didn't ruin the previous series at all. Merging the one storyline into abuot 6 episodes was fresh for Futurama and worked really well. I have no concerns about the new series at all. It's infinitely funnier than Simpsons now anyway.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 07 May 2010

Drags topic out of gutter:

First pic of the new futurama

Posted Image

returns on the 28th of juuuune woo!
Edited by Pav3d, 07 May 2010 - 15:50.

Libains's Photo Libains 07 May 2010

Wahey! Although, obvious question. WHERE IS FRY?

TheDR's Photo TheDR 07 May 2010

He is the guy who will have to save them from their plight?

Anyway, can't wait to see it :P