FS and SWR

60 replies to this topic

#51 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 19:56

Crazykenny, on 16 Jul 2009, 19:27, said:

Freedom as in an over-regulated politics forum and the Damocles-sword of political correctness hovering over the entire place? The freedom for leaderless mods with zero progress to clog up the index forever? The freedom for adult members to keep everything child-friendly and happy because every discussion has to be kept so light that it doesn't offend any 12 year olds?

So, I'm wondering where you got these ideas from Rayburn, as they seem to be a part of something bigger

I wonder why you even bothered making 85 posts on SWR forums, being a part of the community. Or are you known to sprout random delusional hate-campaigns frequently?

I don't like to get personal, but I fight fire with fire.
Posted Image

#52 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 20:02

Shock, we've made several warnings in this thread - this is not for hate, flaming, bashing or trolling. It is for expressing opinions, and Kenny has asked a reasonable question of Rayburn's comments. You asked neither a reasonable question, nor presented a reasonable argument and you also insulted a member of this board, and that is not acceptable. Furthermore, there is no fire to Kenny's statement as far as I can see.

There are to be no more comments directed at other members, whether here, or on SWR, unless they ask a reasonable question pertaining to something that has been said. Any more rubbish, general shit-slinging in this thread and it will be locked with repercussions.

Edited by AJ, 16 July 2009 - 20:07.

For there can be no death without life.

#53 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 20:48

Shock, on 16 Jul 2009, 20:56, said:

Crazykenny, on 16 Jul 2009, 19:27, said:

Freedom as in an over-regulated politics forum and the Damocles-sword of political correctness hovering over the entire place? The freedom for leaderless mods with zero progress to clog up the index forever? The freedom for adult members to keep everything child-friendly and happy because every discussion has to be kept so light that it doesn't offend any 12 year olds?

So, I'm wondering where you got these ideas from Rayburn, as they seem to be a part of something bigger

I wonder why you even bothered making 85 posts on SWR forums, being a part of the community. Or are you known to sprout random delusional hate-campaigns frequently?

I don't like to get personal, but I fight fire with fire.

If you wanna fight fire with fire, come visit me then. And no, I don't sprout random delusional hate campagains.
Posted Image

#54 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 16 July 2009 - 21:35

I thought this topic would be trouble as soon as I saw the title :sly:

Let me clarify my position regarding this matter. I am not an admin and was not in the know of SWR's demands and later their decision to move until a day or so before it happened. I do not hold any grudges against their administration and it has never gotten to a personal level with me. In fact I'm a registered and semi-active member at SWR's forums. The only minor problem I have there is the slightly high amount of fanboys but it never really impedes anything.

I think SWR's demands were a bit out of line IMO but in the end Shockwave and ROTR are their mods and they are free to do as they wish with them. In my short time as a beta tester for them, while I found progress to be a bit slow, I never found any behavior that really bothered me. Except when other mods showed updates, certain team members did talk with a mild air of superiority. Regardless, I do not consider SWR leaving to be a real bad thing. It can be a new direction for our forum because to be honest, it was quite omni-directional with such major ZH mods hosted here.

Regards,
Scope
Posted Image

#55 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:10

From the perspective of a Mod leader on here i think SWR leaving was a good thing. I think the community was far too orientated around SWR who seemed to lose perspective of their own status. Far too often criticism was met with angry posts which really were not needed. Them leaving opens the community up to more mods and removes the some what intimidating atmosphere.
However, i will openly admit that i joined this place because of SWR and very much enjoyed playing their mods. I respect the work they have created in the past but that doesn't mean i should respect them forever.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:12

Since this is a venting topic I may as well get my views of the whole thing out there.

Similar situation to Scope, I heard about what had happened after it had actually happened. Far as I can gather, it goes sort of like:

SWR has enough admins in FS to have the majority vote on most issues
Hunter leaves admin team. SWR no longer has that majority
SWR suggests changes to forum
By vote, these changes don't go ahead
SWR makes their own forum and leaves FS

Either way I don't really care for the issue that much and don't see why it bothers people so much. It'll be interesting to see how FS goes from here without SWR, and how SWR survives without FS.

However, i will openly admit that i joined this place because of SWR and very much enjoyed playing their mods. I respect the work they have created in the past but that doesn't mean i should respect them forever.

Quoted for hitting the nail on the head.

One thing I really didn't like was how SWR memebers seemed to be 'above the law'. They would often flame, etc. and it was somehow deemed acceptable.

Edited by RaiDK, 16 July 2009 - 22:14.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#57 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:14

Meh, never really knew any of the SWR staff, nice mods though. All I know is that Wizard, Dauth, and all of the current staff is doing one hell of a good job. :sly:
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#58 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:14

And no, I don't sprout random delusional hate campagains.

It seems that way to me and everyone else reading your posts. You have been on board with every hate movement in recent years and I am getting sick of it. While SWR is selfish for fracturing the community they had every right to do so as we have no elections here. I do not understand why you hate them, You lead MGS in the same way and have left just as they did.

Consider this a resignation from my MGS staff position and the end of our friendship.

Good bye Mr. Kenny.

#59 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:28

RaiDK, on 16 Jul 2009, 9:12, said:

Thanks guys, you just drove one of my project team members away.

All I can say is that the views of individuals don't reflect the view of the forum as a whole.

I'd have to say I share the same opinion with RaiDK regarding the topic here.

Edited by Høbbesy, 16 July 2009 - 22:30.

#60 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:28

I was about to write a paragraph ranting about Kenny, but when I heard what Nem did, I just came over to whole heartedly agree with him.

From my own point of view, Kenny, you seem to have come back here just to spread hatred against SWR.

In fact, to hell with it, here is what I was going to post (As a response to AJ's warning to shock):

I'm sorry AJ, but I disagree with this decision here.
From what I can see, Shock has made a more reasonable point than kenny. Kenny seems to be purposely backchatting to a well respected member who has stood by his word and left due to these unfortunate events here. Kenny has asked a, frankly, silly question here just to stir up more anti SWR feelings than there already are, by replying to a member that he knows will not reply, and hoping that he will gain respect points from his fellow anti SWR chums.

Posted Image

#61 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 22:34

Ok, this has gone far enough. We've gone from sharing feelings about SWR and FS into direct confrontations with each other. This is, for lack of a better phrase, poor form. Communities don't thrive on splits or wars.

Both communities should have moved on from this now. We have given everyone a chance to vent, but sadly it's degenerated into something ugly. I suggest everyone get over themselves and deal with what has happened.

Topic Closed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users