←  Ideas and Suggestions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Raptor With Fan

GDIZOCOM's Photo GDIZOCOM 24 Aug 2009

I suggest a raptor armed with a fan just like the fan truck

This idea may be :)

HHKelevra's Photo HHKelevra 24 Aug 2009

I think I'd be both pissed off and amused if a Raptor squadron swooped in and blew away my entire tank armada.
Edited by HHKelevra, 25 August 2009 - 00:00.

Jordan's Photo Jordan 25 Aug 2009

Ok, did a test run of a Raptor Fan Truck weapon. The result?

First up, attacking a Hornet Tank. It died painfully:

Posted Image

Then I attacked a Tomahawk Catapult, and then this weird thing happened:

Posted Image

It started off like normal, but then it started turboboosting like a rocket right over my Airfield, trailing several cookie twist railgun shells behind it:

Posted Image

It flew through my Black Markets, then clear off the map to its eventual demise. The Raptor couldn't even keep up with it. It even outran a couple of those Stinger Missiles:

Posted Image

I'm a little unsure about this one. If it goes in, I'm making it a VTOL, built from the Helipad of the airfield. It acts a bit too weird otherwise, like it will fly around in circles trying to shoot a target directly beneath itself.

-Jordan
Edited by Jordan, 25 August 2009 - 00:23.

GDIZOCOM's Photo GDIZOCOM 25 Aug 2009

BTW...is that your test map?

JJ's Photo JJ 25 Aug 2009

Umm the circling around trying to shoot the target part, it's easily fixable by putting a minimum range.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 25 Aug 2009

VTOL almost makes more sense though, because even though the fan is the weapon, if some of the fan's downward thrust was used as propulsion, you could give new meaning to the term "down draft". It essentially makes the entire plane a weapon.

AZZKIKR's Photo AZZKIKR 25 Aug 2009

give it a leaf blower instead, and call it an " AIR PLANE"

ba-dum-dish

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 25 Aug 2009

What if, instead of the fan, the Raptor could fire leaf blowers or fans as projectiles/missiles? The sound that the missile would normally launch could be replaced by the sound of a leaf blower (if it was chosen for an ordinance).

Rich19's Photo Rich19 25 Aug 2009

Make it drop packs of raptors by parachute, if you can find models/animations for those.