37 replies to this topic

#1 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 18:39

Posted Image

Generals Delta will be a Enhancement Mod for C&C Generals ZH. It will be like a sequel to Generals Series, adding new units, Generals, and a completely new and epic Storyline. Right now we will work "Behind the Scenes", so we wont post alot of updates. We have a very small team right now, so we need help in every area, like modeling and skinning. So please join if you want to, you are always welcome to be in our dedicated team.

Posted Image

In the year of 2025, the USA had discovered news the of GLA developing a new toxic weapon: Anthrax Delta. The spies gave brief information about the deadly toxin, saying "This is not just a weapon that kills, it can also mutate the host it comes in contact with. It can even affect the invironment, killing the vegitation, polluting the water, everything it came into contact with was altered one way or another. Even metal corroded 7 times faster than normal."

In a state of emergency, the President had declared that the site be destroyed, and buried to prevent further use of this toxin. The United States now in danger, would give anything to find out the location of the facility where that chemical is located. They searched for years, but couldn't find a sign of the enemy facility. To make matters seem more deadly, the world had barely seen the GLA. Every country was alerted, and most of them established a network of security measures. Everything went fine until, in 2028, an alarm went off in Washington DC. It was the new Space Defence System, USSDS Chicago, which was a defence system that could protect against enemy ballistic missiles from high orbit.

After the alarm had sounded, the mutli-billion dollar weapon had fired a highly consentrated beam of light, hit the missile, and the missile had exploded before it had made it 150 miles from it launch site. It had released the harmful toxins over the land. It was not long after that that the local health clinics had sent out calls for horrible toxic burns, melted limbs, mutated bodies and the horrible mental nightmares that followed. We had no idea what was to follow the horrible toxins that were unleashed. We did have an idea what it would take to cleanse the region of disease. Alot of manpower and horribly grotesque deaths. War was upon the world again.

Posted Image

The sides in the game will still be the same: Technologically Advanced USA, Slow but Powerful China, and the Sneaky and Stealth GLA.

USA-USA will still be the most Technolagically Advanced Faction in the game. Its units are expensive, have moderate firepower and armor, and use any defensive systems. Its Airforce is unmatched by any other side. Resent alliance with Russian Federation gave it the ability to modify most USA weapons with powerfull Russian Technologies, like inproved Helicopters and Defensive Countermeasures. The USA has a major disadvantage, however, in that it has the slowest resource gathering in the game, in comparison to troop costs, it has a less stable supply of power than China, and its high-tech units are very expensive. If not, this forces a USA player to construct a smaller, more specialized army than China or GLA, and work to minimize losses.

China-China specializes more on Propoganda and Mass Production of heavy units, hacking, Specially trained Infantry, and overwhelming its enemies. As USA did, China also allied with Russian Federation, mostly for improving Chinese Tanks. China has a major disadvantage in that its ground forces are generally slower than those of the other two factions. China is forced to make large, ponderous assaults with heavy units, a tactic that can be countered by the GLA's speed or the USA's air power.

GLA-The sneaky GLA uses hit and run and guerilla tactics, stealth, ambushing, and a powerful economy to defeat its enemies. It now has a small, but supportive aircrafts. Upgrades and salvaging stolen enemy parts makes many GLA units powerful over time. The GLA's primary disadvantage is that, in terms of firepower, range, and durability, its units are outmatched by Chinese and American units. This forces a GLA player to outmaneuver or outnumber opponents, as in an even, direct confrontation the GLA will lose to superior Chinese firepower and American technology.

There will be 3 Generals per side, but for now they are classified.

Posted Image

-More than 10 campaign missions for the GLA, and for other Factions
-New generals
-New Arsenal and the modified version of the old one to bring back the Nostalgia
-Realistic Warfare
-Realistic Scales
-Improved Infantry to the point where its the main force in the battle, rather than a Cannon Fodder
-Improved GLA Millitary type look
-Airforce is now a supportive part of the Army

WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE MEMBERS.
Specially skinners and texture artists!!
Want to apply? PM me now!

-Gen.Kenobi out
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#2 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:00

Do some work, come back, show us, introduce the rest of the team, and just generally give people something to allow them to think this mod might have a chance of getting finished. Then, and only then, will you have a chance of recruiting people. All I see here is a few paragraphs of text - you can't expect people to pledge a couple of years of their life to work on something with just that. Because a couple of years is what it'll take - look at a mod like Shockwave. They added three new generals, and it took bloody ages. You're planning on creating nine, as well as a whole new campaign.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

Edited by Rich19, 22 November 2009 - 22:01.

#3 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:03

Sorry, Mr. Rich. I forgot to add the rest of the team.

Mod members:
Gen.Kenobi: New Leader, Modeller.
taxikiller: Coder, Skinner.
Ruby92: Modeler

Also, we'll post renders when we fell like to. This will be happening soon. And even more soon, if i get more skinners.

Please visit our Moddb page:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/delta

You'll see some old models, that might be used.

Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 22 November 2009 - 22:04.

"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

#4 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:07

IIRC I made that, banner o.O

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:13

Another mod Kenobi? Just stick to one or two, damn man

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:16

Sorry, buddy. I'm comming back from non-activity days. I have quitted Project Evans and other mods, and now i'm returning...but common guys..what's the probleman???.....s***t is just like with Slye's mods...
Posted Image

#7 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 23 November 2009 - 14:47

Please don't compare yourself to Slye. Why? Because he's competent and persistent, and you've shown no evidence of either. While he has a bunch of mods, he's been slowly working on them forever, persistently, and well. You, on the other hand, have worked on a solid dozen mods, with questionable quality and no persistence whatsoever. Oh, and who gave you control over Delta? Last I heard, that was still Carnage (or whatever the hell he was last calling himself)'s domain.
kinda, sorta alive.

#8 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:04

For your information i took the project with authorization.

Who told you that i quited...or such things...I'm persistent and i'll make this mod greater tham you willl ever imagined. And i still workin in all my projects.
So, if you don't have nothing constructive to say, don't say. No matter what you guys say, you affect my work and my mods.
Posted Image

#9 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:16

Gen.Kenobi, on 22 Nov 2009, 22:03, said:

Sorry, Mr. Rich. I forgot to add the rest of the team.

Mod members:
Gen.Kenobi: New Leader, Modeller.
taxikiller: Coder, Skinner.
Ruby92: Modeler

Also, we'll post renders when we fell like to. This will be happening soon. And even more soon, if i get more skinners.

Please visit our Moddb page:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/delta

You'll see some old models, that might be used.

*BigMassiveHINT* You won't get more skinners with no work shown. You might get people who want to learn to skin, but thats about it.

Quitting PE? Wasn't that mod actually showing progress though? IIRC you had actually done some stuff and had skinned units ingame.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:20

I haven't quited. I just was inactive, due school exams (i'm still finishing them). TBH most of things that you saw on PE will be remodeled and re-designed. We are working harder. You'll see. Peharps tomorow i'll show the first Delta update.
Posted Image

#11 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:21

Honestly, skinners are so hard to come by learning skinning is generally better, more reliable and faster. That's what I learnt, anyway.

#12 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:32

Indeed. I'm trying, but i can't get a UV map righit...I can skin..i just can't UV map uwnrap.
Posted Image

#13 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:36

Eh? Imo, that's the simple part. Just prints screen the UV Maps and paste on your skin, then tweak a little more to fit your skin. If you're using a more advanced version of 3DS, there should be an export button or something. Even easier.

#14 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 23 November 2009 - 18:10

Gen.Kenobi, on 23 Nov 2009, 10:04, said:

For your information i took the project with authorization.

Who told you that i quited...or such things...I'm persistent and i'll make this mod greater tham you willl ever imagined. And i still workin in all my projects.
So, if you don't have nothing constructive to say, don't say. No matter what you guys say, you affect my work and my mods.

Ok, that's fine, I was just wondering.

And as to quitting? you said it yourself-

I'm comming back from non-activity days. I have quitted Project Evans and other mods,

Look, I'm not trying to be harsh. I'm just saying, you're not going to attract any help for this mod like this. When you show persistence, and learn to do everything (like, you're going to need to learn to skin), then maybe you'll pick up some team members.

Just sayin'
kinda, sorta alive.

#15 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 18:36

Gen.Kenobi, on 23 Nov 2009, 15:32, said:

Indeed. I'm trying, but i can't get a UV map righit...I can skin..i just can't UV map uwnrap.

Not a good attitude in a mod im afraid, anything can be learned, some things just take more time than others

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:57

Where's the love in this thread?! All i'm reading at the moment is Gen.Kenobi bashing instead of helping the guy....There goes the "friendly" mod community..:loel:

Edited by Kris, 24 November 2009 - 05:59.

#17 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:15

Tough love :loel: We're giving advice not just bashing for the hell of bashing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 15:44

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 15:49

HeartBreak1, on 22 Nov 2009, 22:07, said:

IIRC I made that, banner o.O

You did.
I was the Mapper too back then.
I did a pretty poor Missile Silo and called it a map, LOL

That was a long time ago.

Good luck reviving it Kenobi, see if you can get more quality into it than we did.

Edited by Nidmeister, 25 November 2009 - 15:50.

Posted Image

#20 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 15:58

Thanks!
We always will have an open door for you guys! If you wish to rejoin, let's me know.
Posted Image

#21 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 25 November 2009 - 16:10

that is obviously a toxen tractor
Posted Image

#22 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 16:56

*sigh*

yet another mod peeps, just pass along, c'mon...

i don't understand how it's so hard for people to focus for one goddamned second and try to deliver an actual whole. it's all just crappy bits and pieces that will get lost in the devouring bowels of the interwebs. behold, the story of a young, anonymous modder. this is how it's going to happen:

1): you have the greatest idea ever, a story, lore, units, whatever. in your excitement you call it a new mod. THIS HAS TO WORK, WHY SHOULD IT NOT WORK.
2): you desperately beg for people's help because you just now realise that it's an impossible task to perform with just yourself and some guy that owes you something. even though you have nothing to show of progress, you still expect people to throw their lives at you to fulfil your grand scheme.
3): you make some progress, albeit slowly. you have three or four models and maybe one unfinished skin. you're feeling a bit weak by now, something doesn't feel right.
4): in horror, you realise that 1: your mod idea sucks/it already exists 2: you have years of work ahead of you 3: there is no way that on this limited engine and your even more limited knowledge of modding it, you will ever make a mod of whom's quality surpasses existing, long-running mods. you feel as if your work is for nothing and it's all a big waste. you're right.
5): in miserable despair, you give up, pass on leadership and black out of the modding scene for a good month. within a good few weeks everyone will have forgotten your mod even existed. no one cares, no one remembers.
6): one month later: see point 1. we're back at it again.

i have seen this so. many. fucking. times. it's always the same story and it always makes me a bit more sad to see people actually putting effort in things like these that eventually deliver nothing of value. i don't mean to offend anyone and have the best of intentions. but sometimes, it's better to be harsh and clear about things. people tend to be hard-headed.

Edited by Camille, 25 November 2009 - 16:57.

it's time to wake up

#23 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 17:04

Thanks.

@Camille and all people that don't like my mods or don't like how i do my mods:

Well i don't care about if people will remember the mod or not. I mod for fun. I don't mod to get people's attention. I mod because i like to. I'm happy modding and i guess people will be happy too, playing with the final result. And you'll see, how this mod is goign to be very good. We have even more things to show. If more people help, the mod will come faster. But helping or not this mod will come.
Posted Image

#24 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 17:17

Without sounding like a negative idiot, that IS what you said about the last one /unconstructive criticism

#25 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 17:30

that IS what you said about the last one

exactly this. it's a simple pattern, and repeating the phrase "it's gonna be good, you'll see. just need more people to help me DELIVER ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" is not going to impress anyone.

i don't care whether you mod or not, nor have fun doing it. i'm just saying i find it sad to see yet again so much effort being put into something that is absolutely, positively bound to fail. in the end, if you where to do this all on your own i wouldn't even care that much but the fact that you are inviting people to join you in your fruitless efforts just makes it worse. their combined efforts will be wasted as well.

also, PROTIP: it's not about how fast you can churn one out, it's about quality. quality.
it's time to wake up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users