Codename: Dead Bird

34 replies to this topic

#1 Horst

• 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 18:15

Posted Image

Hey community,

Today I like to introduce to you the mod Codename: Dead Bird. We are a single player total conversation for Crysis. We are new to this community but some of you may know us from ModDB.com

The mod plays in the Iraq war and the player has to battle against terrorists.
Prehistory:
After the US President was assassinated by Islamic extremists his successor started a new offensive in Iraq. With the support of all western countries, including France and Germany, the US Army tried to destroy the Iraqi terrorist network. But just a few weeks later the offensive failed. The terrorists power grew and with the help of Russian extremists they stole some refined uranium from a Russian power plant. The CIA started Codename DeadBird: A special task force under the command of Captain Carson Hayes was send out to eliminate the terrorist leaders and to disarm the bomb.

This is some of our previous shown work:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

We are also searching for new members, following positions are currently opened:
  • Character Modeler – Need to create High Poly Mesh for normalmap baking as well as the gamemeshes
  • Prop/Building Modeler - You have to create the Buildings and/or Props needed for the maps
  • Concept Artist - You will paint concepts for buildings, characters, environments etc.
  • Texture Artist – You will create textures for weapons, props, buildings, terrain textures, decals...
  • Cinematic Artist – You will create our ingame Cinematics using Sandbox2’s TrackView
  • Animator – You animate characters, weapons, etc with 3ds Max, no rigging required
  • Voice Actor – Solid english required

All applicants need to show some of their previous work, emails without previous work won’t be answered.

To apply send an email to horst@codename-deadbird.com or contact me via PM.

For more information’s visit our ModDb page.

Greetings
- Dark Dust Studio

horst@codename-deadbird.com

Related Links:
ModDB page

#2 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 19:33

Great looking mod guys, please keep us up to date with the progress.

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:07

Wow, you have some really nice visuals.

This one in particular - Is ... perfect.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:11

That engine never ceases to amze me. This is great work. Don't forget to keep us updated. Never a bad thing to see eye candy like this.

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:13

Some amazing stuff in there, glad to see it. That M9 looks almost real :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:26

That A-10 makes it look even better.
Posted Image

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:46

Been following this mod for a little while on Moddb, and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed as to what you're getting out of the engine guys, and that M4 is just plain and simple gorgeous, tho the stock feels like it is misisng something somewhere, just a tiny bit. Nonetheless, awesome work :)
For there can be no death without life.

#8 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:49

Wowza those are hugely impressive graphics there! Really do justice to the engine! Will you try to optimize it though compared to the original one?
Posted Image

#9 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 06 January 2010 - 00:30

View PostAJ, on 5 Jan 2010, 18:46, said:

Been following this mod for a little while on Moddb, and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed as to what you're getting out of the engine guys, and that M4 is just plain and simple gorgeous, tho the stock feels like it is misisng something somewhere, just a tiny bit. Nonetheless, awesome work :)

Feels like it's missing something, or feels different? It's a SOPMOD Crane Stock, not an LE, which may be the difference (most games use the LE, being that it's standard).
kinda, sorta alive.

#10 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:17

View PostThe Joker, on 6 Jan 2010, 2:30, said:

Feels like it's missing something, or feels different? It's a SOPMOD Crane Stock, not an LE, which may be the difference (most games use the LE, being that it's standard).

Ah the one used in CoD4 right? I wondered where I saw it.
Posted Image

#11 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 06 January 2010 - 15:37

View PostJRK, on 6 Jan 2010, 5:17, said:

View PostThe Joker, on 6 Jan 2010, 2:30, said:

Ah the one used in CoD4 right? I wondered where I saw it.

Well, you might've seen it in a handful of other games, or in actual photos (they're pretty popular, being far more comfortable and giving better cheek weld than the LE) but CoD4 and MW2 both had M4's with LE stocks (though the M21 EBR *cough M14* had a Magpul CTR stock instead of the VLTOR more popular on the Mod0, and that looks somewhat like the Crane stock).
kinda, sorta alive.

#12 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 20:03

I meant in the singleplayer campaign not in multiplayer.
Posted Image

#13 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 20:15

I just dunno, it's a really nice model, but there is something ever so small about that stock that makes it look different, yet I can't place my finger on it!

Btw, congratulations on having made the top 100 mods on ModDB, thoroughly deserved for all your hard work :P

Edited by AJ, 06 January 2010 - 20:15.

#14 Horst

• 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 15:46

Hey everybody,

Codename: Dead Bird made it into the top 100 Mods of 2009! We want to thank all who voted and supported us over the first phase of MOTY! Now please vote us into the top 5 upcoming mods. To vote go to Moddb.com, you can find us under upcoming Crysis mods, make sure you are logged in because member votes count more than guest votes.

We also have some new content we want to show you, two new attachments for the M4.

The first attachment is the silencer which makes the M4 more silent, but it also lowers the M4's firepower.

Posted Image

The second attachment is the front grip, it makes the M4 more ergonomic and improves the handling in CQC.

Posted Image

That's all for today's media update stay tuned for more and please vote us for best upcoming mod!

-DarkDustStudio

Posted Image

#15 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 16:01

Well done in getting through guys. Although there wasn't really any doubt :P Already voted for you anyway!

As for the new updates, exceptionally detailed work and superb quality. I think you've certainly chosen the right engine to show off the skills of your team. Please keep these coming.

#16 sebi3110

• 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 22:32

Hey Fallout Studios Forum!

I'm Sebastian aka Sebi aka sebi3110 and artist working on Codename Deadbird.
You may have seen my recent work (it's above; for instance the grip, some sights, silencer).

I just wanted to say hello, because this community seems to like our mod and is pretty active D8
I may post some exclusive wip renders here in the future, but only if this thread goes on well enough, if you know what I mean :P

So stay tuned and please vote for us in MOTY TOP 100!

Cheers

sebi

#17 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 22:52

Why hallo thar sebi, and welcome to FS. Feel free to stay and look around, there's quite the collection of things to do and see here :)

Regards C:DB, already voted for it in the Top 100, and loving the stuff that you're getting out - as Wiz has said, the Crysis engine is certainly the best for showing off your very many talents. I look forward to seeing more and more of your mod.

#18 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 07 January 2010 - 23:06

Congrats on getting into the top 100 guys :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:01

Voted, looks awesome :)

#20 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 08 January 2010 - 15:06

single player

D: , looks great though

#21 Horst

• 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:20

Posted Image
Dear community,
today we have a really special video for you, a new picture and new community.
Patrick aka Pat21, our Lead Programmer almost finished programming a completly dynamical airstrike, which allows you (the player) to order an airstrike ever you want. Furthermore he integrated the whole code in a single flow node, where you can define particle effects, number of bombs and alot more.

Posted Image

Of course, in the following development time, we will spend more time on this feature, to make the airstrike even better.For exmaple a new " to define the target + new sounds giving the player feedback that the headquarter received the order.

Watch Video on Youtube
Watch Video on ModDB

Our prop modeler Marco aka seth worked really hard the last weeks to feed our leveldesigners with great buildings and props. Showing in the 2 images included in this update, you can see a big urban map, however this level is just for mood testing and for showcasing new modeles to the team. We found that it's a great way to keep the team motivated and that it's a cool present for our fans!

Posted Image Posted Image

Last but not least, we want to introduce you to our new Codename Deadbird community portals: Twitter, Youtube Channel and Steam group! We thought, like many other mods and games that such profiles would be great to integrate the community more. Beneath moddb.com it's a good way to get involved with us! We'd like to thank "Overgrowth", where we got the icons from.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

That's all for today's media update. Please help us making codename deadbird spreading into many other gaming communities and vote for us! We need every vote we can get to become one of the Moddbs greatest mods in MOTY!

All the best
- Dark Dust Studio

Posted Image

Edited by Horst, 11 January 2010 - 10:27.

#22 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:48

That is a pretty impressive airdrop you guys have there!! I love the explosion fx. As I am not that familiar with the Crysis engine, can you tell us whether they are customs particles you've added or if they are the stock explosion texture?

The new maps look pretty damn good to.

Edit: Ye Gods!! A .tif file :P

Edited by Wizard, 11 January 2010 - 10:49.

#23 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 13:10

Looks amazing, just wow :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Horst

• 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 23:15

Posted Image

Today, we'd like to present to you a new trailer. It includes some gameplay scenes and should give you a little insight in our mod. We hope, you enjoy it.

If you like to watch the video in HD, just visit our YouTube-channel.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

That's all for today's media update. Please help us making codename deadbird spreading into many other gaming communities and vote for us! We need every vote we can get to become one of the Moddbs greatest mods in MOTY!

All the best
- Dark Dust Studio

Posted Image

#25 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 23:21

looks amazing tbh

Posted Image

Posted Image