CoD: Black Ops announced

963 replies to this topic

#326 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 23:42

Black Ops is now on Steam and is marching its way to the top of the sales charts.

If you live in the UK, it's going to cost you £39.99 via Steam. I pre-ordered from GAME about five months ago and it will cost me £29.99. They have since increased the price to £34.99, but pre-orders get it cheaper, which is really rather nice. :P

#327 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 23:50

$89.99 USD for us Aussies (as per usual, with Activision's fucking greedy markups) :P
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#328 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 00:08

Yeah, what the hell is up with the gaming industry nowadays? 2K Games, one of the few publishers I still had some respect for, went straight ahead and fucked me and all the other Bioshock fans over. They release Bioshock 2, awesome but bugged, they promise they'll fix it as soon as possible, and then announce that they don't bother patching it anyway. They release the long-awaited Minerva's Den DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3, while promising that they'll release for pc within short time. Then, after weeks of them not answering shit they say "fuck that, no DLC for you guys".

Sorry if I went off-topic, but that was something I just had to let out.

Edited by SquigPie, 23 October 2010 - 00:09.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#329 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:02

View PostSquigPie, on 23 Oct 2010, 1:08, said:

Yeah, what the hell is up with the gaming industry nowadays? 2K Games, one of the few publishers I still had some respect for, went straight ahead and fucked me and all the other Bioshock fans over. They release Bioshock 2, awesome but bugged, they promise they'll fix it as soon as possible, and then announce that they don't bother patching it anyway. They release the long-awaited Minerva's Den DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3, while promising that they'll release for pc within short time. Then, after weeks of them not answering shit they say "fuck that, no DLC for you guys".

Bioshock 2 was bugged? Can't say I ever had any problems with it.

Aaaand It's being released for £40, can't say I'm suprised, if people will pay it, activision will charge it..

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 24 October 2010 - 01:02.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#330 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:39

It's "Activision will charge for it no matter what"

Edited by Wanderer, 24 October 2010 - 01:48.

#331 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:30

View PostIon Cannon!, on 24 Oct 2010, 3:02, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 23 Oct 2010, 1:08, said:

Bioshock 2 was bugged? Can't say I ever had any problems with it.

Aaaand It's being released for £40, can't say I'm suprised, if people will pay it, activision will charge it..

YOu played the first game right? Remember the vending machines? "WEEEELCUUUMM TO THA CEEEEEERCUUUUUS OF VALJOOOOOOZ! HAHAHAHA!" How those creepy ass voices added really well to the athmosphere? Yeah, they where supposed to be in the sequel too, but due to a bug that apparently sneaked in around release time, they weren't present. It was reported to 2k almost a few hours after release, and they promised they would fix it after a days, maybee weeks, they still haven't. 9 months after release.

It's a small thing, but the importancy of it was greater than the trouble it would be to fix it.

There's some other stuff too, like weapon animations stacking, and disappearing.

Edited by SquigPie, 24 October 2010 - 16:31.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#332 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 22:29

More Black Ops gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackOpsPeople...u/1/wX8SSa0j8Jg

This is leaked beta footage so it may be pulled soon due to a copyright claim.

The video maker claims it is a "hitmarker fest" but he doesn't even aim down the sights properly. :/

Edited by Stinger, 24 October 2010 - 22:30.

#333 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 22:58

There are lots of things in that I see I am not going to like. Primarily the sound quality is terrible and I mean terrible. Just ruins the atmosphere imo. The visuals are not what I have come to expect from CoD, although that might have something to do with the recording, although I've seen many from consoles that are of better quality, so I doubt it is that.

Gameplay looks like it should be mind, but I agree with you Stinger, he doesn't ADS correctly. I will probably get this game to play with those I did in MW2, but I doubt I'll be happy with it tbh.

#334 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 00:38

I'm convinced that people perceive sound differently as I actually think it sounds good. For instance, Chyros likes certain weapon sounds in MW2, like the AK47 and MP5K, but I think they are dreadful. Others, like the M240, are like a hammer hitting a nail on a loop.

I think Treyarch's use of environmental sound is also much more immersive than Infinity Ward's as you can hear the transition over loose stones as the player moves, and the echo of distance gunfire matches the weapon's first person firing sound. Infinity Ward use different distant gunfire sounds for some weapons, and it's unfitting and shitty.

The sounds are something Treyarch seem to have nailed in this Call of Duty.

#335 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:16

The sound quality has evolved in the last months imho.

At this point most of the sounds actually sound better than MW2's.

Infinity Ward use different distant gunfire sounds for some weapons, and it's unfitting and shitty.

Yeah, the M240. It sounds perfect in first person, but at distance it turns into that garbage CoD4 M249 sound

Edited by Stalker, 25 October 2010 - 08:18.

Posted Image

#336 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:22

I'm not too sure what the time period between these two videos are (if there is any), but there seems to be a difference between the MP5 sounds. The first one I what I assumed to be the old video, the second the newer (ignoring the upload dates)

The newer MP5k noise has more of a "crackle" to it, though, it might be due to environmental reverberation.

Edited by deltaepsilon, 25 October 2010 - 09:23.

--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#337 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:41

They both sound naff to me. :/

#338 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:06

They obviously changed it at some point because of the deluge of complaints of how shitty it sounded.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#339 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:01

View PostChyros, on 25 Oct 2010, 13:06, said:

They obviously changed it at some point because of the deluge of complaints of how shitty it sounded.

Unlike Infinity Ward :trollface:

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#340 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 14:26

View PostSquigPie, on 25 Oct 2010, 14:01, said:

View PostChyros, on 25 Oct 2010, 13:06, said:

Unlike Infinity Ward :trollface:
There were no massive complaints about the sounds for them :/ . Though some reaction to community input would be good for those bastards.

Edited by Chyros, 25 October 2010 - 14:37.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#341 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 23:13

WARNING: Huge wall of text!!!

Apparently Josh Olin has answered some questions in twitter:

Q: Will the PS3 users be able to OWN YOU....PERSONALLY
A: Nobody can own me... I own all in my path!

Q: Will the Gun Game have the same weapon progression every time, or will it vary in some way?
A: Same one every time. The idea is, you master that progression, you will make bank with Gun Game.

Q: what are you guys doing with the annoying grenade launchers... Also are the Servers going to be more stable this time around?
A: Noob Tubes will be disabled at the beginning of the round, much like we patched into #CoDWaW.

Q: Is Second Chance going to be in the final game?
A: Absolutely.

Q: which mp game modes have party chat available?
A: All except Search & Destroy presently. That's something we can change post-launch.

Q: is there going to be noob tubes in COD black ops?
A: No, but there are Pro Pipes =)

Q: Can you change the enemies names in Combat Training?
A: Yep, you can set the Practice Dummies in Combat Training to use names from your Friends List =D.

Q: What does the "Lens" option do in Create A Class?
A: You can change your Lens tint color, like your Reticule color.

Q: What are the benefits of Prestiging?
A: There are various benefits. Not sure which @DavidVonderhaar would like revealed just yet =).

Q: I'm guessing there are different difficulty levels for the AI in Combat Training. How hard is the hardest difficulty?
A: Pretty difficult. "Veteran".

Q: are there "strict" rules on how we can run our servers? ie no profanity,swearing, tubing?
A: Absolutely, you will have the ability to set rules and enforce them in your PC Dedicated Servers.

Q: is there an alternative colour scheme in?
A: Yes. Color Blind friendly nametags are supported.

Q: Can you have different gametypes in a map rotation on a dedicated server for the PC?
A: Unranked servers can be configured much more freely. Ranked servers you'll have to use preset Playlist-like configurations.

Q: Does the story mode of Black Ops take place during the Vietnam war or the Cold War?
A: Vietnam was part of the Cold War. But it's not a Vietnam game – it's a fictional story that takes place during Cold War.

Q: I'm worried that shotguns won't be a viable combat tactic. Will they have reasonable damage? Do you think they're balanced?
A: They'll be balanced, rest assured.

Q: Will the Combat Record track stats on every individual gun or just the player?
A: Every individual gun =). You can even compare your stats in-game against a Friend. It's the deepest Combat Record ever in CoD.

Q: Do your CODpoints reset when you prestige?
A: Yes they do.

Q: how is the report system going to work? Can i just kick ppl out of public lobbies?
A: You select a player, view his Player Card, and click one of the options under the "Report Player" menu (Boosting, Cheating, etc).

Q: Will you be able to get game currency in all game types or just in Wager Matches?
A: You primarily get them in standard game matches. You then gamble them in Wager Matches. But you earn them like XP standard.

Q: do u think the rc car is too early to achieve as a three kill streak?
A: I do not.

Q: If you get a double kill in Gun Game, what happens? Do you just have an extra kill, or do you go up two tiers?
A: You do NOT advance two tiers. To advance to a tier, you MUST get a kill with the previous Tier's weapon.

Q: how many prestiges are there going to be? 10? 20? 100?
A: 15.

Q: Why does BlackmOps look like MW2 with different skins? was the engine rehashed?
A: It's a heavily modified / enhanced CoDWaW engine.

Q: how many frames per second are you guys running on the Xbox?
A: 720p, 60 frames per second.

Q: Did you basically add stopping power to the guns? Like did you increase the weapon strength to compensate for no stopping power?
A: No.

Q: will you reveal all PRO versions of perks before Black Ops release?
A: Probably not. Have to leave some things to be desired .

Q: Please will you confirm if the 4 zombie maps are from WaW, and will they be available for seperate purchase?
A: The only way to get the CoDWaW Zombies maps presently is to buy the Hardened or Prestige editions. I can't predict future.

Q: How in-depth will the online statistic tracker be?
A: I can tell you the in-game Stats Tracking is the deepest in Black Ops it's ever been in Call of Duty.

Q: will the Ps3 have the player card feature as well?

Q: Will you answer any Zombies-related questions? Or have you been instructed otherwise?
A: Not instructed. It's always been our strategy to be as vague as possible regarding Zombies . That's part of the game!

Q: when will u reveal the co-Op?
A: We have. It's Zombies.

Q: what happens if people report people that hasnt done anything and what wil be the punishments for cheating, boosting,modin?
A: We review all reports before taking action. Theater mode makes that possible.

Q: What's Hardened pro?
A: NOT Stopping Power (I know that's where you're going with that haha).

Q: What weapon is most OP?
A: The Death Machine? But it's a very rare Care Package drop, and your mobility is HEAVILY hindered.

Q: will you be patching glitches regularly if they are found by the community?
A: Absolutely. We put out over half a dozen patches for CoDWaW. Rest assured we'll aggressively support Black Ops post-ship.

Q: Does theater mode also record campaign?
A: Negative. It's a Multiplayer feature only.

Q: is there something more than campaign, zombies and multiplayer? that you havent revealed yet? more footage!!!?
A: Yes.

Q: How in-depth are private match settings? Examples?
A: Very in-depth... More to be revealed soon =).

Q: will u guys actually interact with the community throughout the game??
A: Of course, I'd argue that I did just that with CoDWaW =P.

Q: will there be a True barebones playlist?
A: Yes. *True* Barebones is in Black Ops.

Q: when you prestige, what do we keep? mainly do we keep cp, guns, title, emblems, and stuff like facepaint?
A: Emblems.

Q: Is it possible to be shot out of the Chopper Gunner?
A: No, but it can be shot down like any other chopper.

Q: do you earn XP in wager matches, along with cod points too?
A: No. You just exchange CP (top 3 positions get paid).

Q: Will PC players be able to kick people from ranked servers?
A: Yes, server admins can kick from Ranked or Unranked Dedicated Servers.

Q: Will I still be able to quickscope?
A: No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We're specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!

Q: is there still gonna be mellee for akimbo? I don't see how someone can shoot, shank& shoot as fast as someone with only one gun?
A: Yes you can still melee when dual wielding.

Q: scale of 1-10 how's quickscoping going to be?
A: 0.

Q: Have you Guys Fixed The Modded lobbys from what we saw from MW2?
A: We believe so. Either way, we'll stay on top of that crap and ensure it doesn't impede the masses.

Q: What happens if you are killed (on the ground) in a controllable killstreak like the Chopper Gunner or Gunship? Same as MW2?
A: You continue to use said Killstreak, and respawn when it's done. After all, you did earn it.

Q: Are Ranked PC Servers forced to run MW2-style playlists like Ground War, Hardcore Moshpit, etc? Can you run a 24/7 Sabotage server?
A: You can have a 24/7 Sabotage server. There are no playlists, just preset game mode configurations.

Q: cam you gift CoDPoints to friends if there bad at the game?
A: No, you have to earn your COD Points. There will be no boosting / hording of COD Points to one player =P.

Q:. What happens when you have a killsreak and you get another, will you be able to still use both of them?
A: Yes, Killstreaks stack.

Q: In private matches can you controll who can join, because in mw2 it got annoying when people kept joining private matches...
A: Yeah you can lock down your Private Matches just like your Party Lobbies.

Q: Can server use record?
A: A server? No.... A player playing on a server? Yes.

Q: Will the kills from killstreak rewards still count toward your teams score on team deathmatch?
A: Absolutely, they just won't count towards your next-higher Killstreak.

Q: I'm talking about when you guys meet up like round a corner and u guys are both running can they still drop shot?
A: Not prevented, no. You can still lay down flat at any time by holding the Prone button.

Q: Were you just kidding about quickscoping, because I hope you were =(
A: Nope. Quickscoping is way more annoying to a way larger group of people than the quickscoping community who loves to do it.

Q: are the shotguns 1 shot kill close up?
A: I suppose if all your rounds hit the right part of the body... If just one pellet hits one foot, probably not...

Q: My girlfriend wants to know if there will be customizable "girl" characters in Black Ops?
A: Negative. Sorry girlfriends!!!

Q: is the PS3 version a port of the 360 or was there a specific Playstation team used to take advantage of PS3 horsepower?
A: There is a specific PS3 team that makes that version of the game. It's not a "port" that's just a myth in the community.

Q: record only record demo for current player or all players on server?
A: Just you, as always. But PC also has Theater mode, which will have all those features to watch from any perspective.

Q: How exactly did you "counter" quick scoping?
A: When you first sight-in, your sights won't be perfectly center. You'll have to take a moment to adjust (like a real sniper).

Q: how long did it take you to create Call Of Duty: Black Ops?
A: 2 year development cycle.

Q: are vehicles in multiplayer?
A: Not like Tanks in CoDWaW, but yes there are controllable vehicles – i.e. Gunship, RC-XD (they are Killstreaks).

Q: what are disadvantages to prestiging in Black Ops do camos/money/EVERYTHING reset? prestige was harsh in MW2.
A: Everything you unlocked resets and has to be re-purchased (even COD Points reset). Your emblems, however, will remain.

Q: Are the dogs gonna kill in one hit?
A: Yes, one bite is all it takes.

Q: People enjoy Double XP weekends. Are we going to see something like Double COD Points weekends?
A: Perhaps. Only time will tell!

Q: is there stooping power in Black Ops?
A: No Stopping Power, No Juggernaut, No Deathstreaks in Black Ops.

Q: are there any good sniper rifles that can be used to quikscope?
A: No sniper rifles will be useful for Quickscoping.

Q: Wager Matches -can you choose which game type, or is it a random one out of the 4 types?
A: Depends on which playlist you choose. You will be able to pick a specific type to play if you want to, though.

Q: are there any advantages to prestiging?
A: Of course =). But that's classified.

Q: Is Call of duty black ops going 2 have 4 player offline split screen multiplayer..like the previous cod games?
A: 4-player, Offline split-screen will be supported in Black Ops, as in previous titles.

#342 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:54

Some serious skepticism comes to mind here.

View PostWanderer, on 26 Oct 2010, 1:13, said:

Q: Is Second Chance going to be in the final game?
LAME D;

Q: I'm worried that shotguns won't be a viable combat tactic. Will they have reasonable damage? Do you think they're balanced?
A: They'll be balanced, rest assured.
This, btw, is his word against the playtesters - so far I haven't heard much good about shotguns at all.

Q: what happens if people report people that hasnt done anything and what wil be the punishments for cheating, boosting,modin?
A: We review all reports before taking action. Theater mode makes that possible.
I'm not even sure what they do with reports - and theater mode is 3rd person - I'm really not sure how the hell they'll be able to enforce things in a correct manner tbh.

Q: will you be patching glitches regularly if they are found by the community?
A: Absolutely. We put out over half a dozen patches for CoDWaW. Rest assured we'll aggressively support Black Ops post-ship.

Q: will u guys actually interact with the community throughout the game??
A: Of course, I'd argue that I did just that with CoDWaW =P.
It's a pretty well-known fact that Treyarch actually didn't give a flying fuck about WaW post-launch and that the only thing they ever improved was the Zombies mode while they left the rest of the game to die in the dust. WaW remains chock-full of bugs that were reported ages ago but which were never fixed. Even CoD 4 had considerably more patch support.

Q: I'm talking about when you guys meet up like round a corner and u guys are both running can they still drop shot?
A: Not prevented, no. You can still lay down flat at any time by holding the Prone button.
Well that's good at least - they already had me worried that you wouldn't be able to go prone normally anymore because of the dive manoeuvre.

Q: are the shotguns 1 shot kill close up?
A: I suppose if all your rounds hit the right part of the body... If just one pellet hits one foot, probably not...
I'm going to rip the shit out of the game files because I'm fairly certain that shotguns won't have hitloc modifiers and that Olin is talking out of his arse here. Besides, he doesn't really show any insight into the weapons here - could the guy be any more vague? I'm getting doubts about this "yeah we'll release all the weapon stats publically for the game" because if they won't even tell you how a bloody shotgun will kill...

Q: How exactly did you "counter" quick scoping?
A: When you first sight-in, your sights won't be perfectly center. You'll have to take a moment to adjust (like a real sniper).
I.e. the weapon ADS idles even when not in ADS (this was possible in CoD 4 as well). This won't fix the quickscoping you find in your regular CoD4 and MW2 games at all, but it will make legitimate sniping and legitimate quickscoping harder - they don't fix the problem but fuck up something legit instead. Great going >.> .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#343 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:22

Sounds pretty sweet to me.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#344 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:25

*Prepares for 3 months + of Chyros bitching about sniping, idling, recoil and shouting the word "lame" at high volumes*

:/

Am I the only p
erson horrified that the above collection of Q&A's comes from Twatter rather than a decent interview about the game? Seriously?!

Btw for those that care, if this post had been made on Twatter, it would've ended when bold ran out!?!

#345 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:38

View PostWizard, on 26 Oct 2010, 9:25, said:

[b]*Prepares for 3 months + of Chyros bitching about sniping, idling, recoil and shouting the word "lame" at high volumes*

Hah, but tell me I'm wrong, I dare you 8| .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#346 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:41

View PostChyros, on 26 Oct 2010, 8:38, said:

Oh no. I am not even going to get into the debate with you this time. Life is too short for that :/

#347 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:44

View PostChyros, on 26 Oct 2010, 9:38, said:

View PostWizard, on 26 Oct 2010, 9:25, said:

[b]*Prepares for 3 months + of Chyros bitching about sniping, idling, recoil and shouting the word "lame" at high volumes*

*Put's on sunglasses*

Let's
Spoiler
roll!

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#348 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:27

View PostWizard, on 26 Oct 2010, 8:25, said:

*Prepares for 3 months + of Chyros bitching about sniping, idling, recoil and shouting the word "lame" at high volumes*

8|

Am I the only p
erson horrified that the above collection of Q&A's comes from Twatter rather than a decent interview about the game? Seriously?!

Btw for those that care, if this post had been made on Twatter, it would've ended when bold ran out!?!

I'm not sure I can be bothered to buy the game if I have to cope with Tom's bitching, frankly :/ If this gets plaudits as good as MW2/better, I will buy it though, and just mute him 8|

Twitter's good for a massive Q&A, allows people to get the questions/answer out very quickly and accesses a far larger prospective questioning pool - problem being that the questions are mostly crap and the answers always way too short, thus making it a totally pointless waste of time, but a reasonable marketing strategy (reach out to the gamers via a means of communication they know, and make them feel connected personally to the developers rather than through a medium).
For there can be no death without life.

#349 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:59

View PostWizard, on 26 Oct 2010, 18:25, said:

Am I the only p

Haha, you messed up the bolding.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#350 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:03

Regarding reports: This is a console "feature". I think it's stupid and a waste of time. How many times does a n00b cry cheat when you best them? How can someone possibly spend their time wading through these reports (and you can be sure that there'll be a lot of them)? I don't see this as something Treyarch will be doing six months from now.

Regarding shotguns: Olin isn't going to talk about things like "hitlock modifiers" (I don't even know what this is and I don't think I want to :/) on Twatter. He is answering people simply, in a way that can be easily understood.

As for the changes to sniping, I am glad they have nerfed quickscoping. It's stupid when you see snipers running around getting into close quarters combat with their weapons. The lone wolf mentality that runs in CoD games is exacerbated by selfish n00bs who go 4/15 in a Domination game while forgoing objectives and attempting to pull off trick shots for their ZOMG 1337 YouTube montage that paints a one-sided picture. It's gotten so bad that CoD players now use the word "hardscoping" to describe legitimate sniping. 8D

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook