CoD: Black Ops announced

963 replies to this topic

#476 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 23:46

My brain just farted reading that. M16 has recoil. Currently there is no firearm that has no recoil or retardedly low recoil and the M16A2 (the one I assume they are trying to represent considering it didnt exist back in 'Nam) can be fire like that only if its in an emplacement (IE...you sure as hell cant fire like that just by holding it with your hands)

Also old sounds were worse than MW2...apparently they listened to some of the rage mail but some weapons still sounds really crappy (in other words its no where near reality) like the RPK for example.
Posted Image

#477 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:45

View PostTehKiller, on 6 Nov 2010, 19:46, said:

My brain just farted reading that. M16 has recoil. Currently there is no firearm that has no recoil or retardedly low recoil and the M16A2 (the one I assume they are trying to represent considering it didnt exist back in 'Nam) can be fire like that only if its in an emplacement (IE...you sure as hell cant fire like that just by holding it with your hands)

Actually, longer barreled Armalites tend to have pretty minimal recoil. When it comes down to it, though the round is obviously somewhat hotter and larger, 5.56 is a more or less a beefed up .22LR. Yes, the gun kicks, and yes, it's slightly exagerated how little it had here, but as far as modern assault rifles go, the AR15 and it's variants have pretty manageable recoil.
kinda, sorta alive.

#478 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:51

View PostJok3r, on 7 Nov 2010, 3:45, said:

Actually, longer barreled Armalites tend to have pretty minimal recoil. When it comes down to it, though the round is obviously somewhat hotter and larger, 5.56 is a more or less a beefed up .22LR. Yes, the gun kicks, and yes, it's slightly exagerated how little it had here, but as far as modern assault rifles go, the AR15 and it's variants have pretty manageable recoil.
It doesn't really matter much how much the rifle recoils in RL - low recoil is a tightrope of balance that so far no-one has successfully walked in the whole CoD series. Balance > realism, and for recoil, this is true more than for anything else.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#479 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:20

Oh, I'm aware it's a balance thing here, I was just commenting because TehKiller had said that.
kinda, sorta alive.

#480 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 19:03

plus isnt one of the biggest reasons for the m16 having burst fire in real life the fact that it balances stopping power and recoil management? so if in game it was burst, it would be a terrible gun if it had recoil as strong as the other ARs

#481 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:25

View Postamazin, on 7 Nov 2010, 21:03, said:

plus isnt one of the biggest reasons for the m16 having burst fire in real life the fact that it balances stopping power and recoil management?
Nope.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#482 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:34

View PostJok3r, on 7 Nov 2010, 2:45, said:

Actually we are discussing the M16 here not the AR15. And there is a spread of the bullets (albeit at ranges up to 100m its not bigger than 5cm apart from each other)

View Postamazin, on 7 Nov 2010, 20:03, said:

plus isnt one of the biggest reasons for the m16 having burst fire in real life the fact that it balances stopping power and recoil management? so if in game it was burst, it would be a terrible gun if it had recoil as strong as the other ARs

Just like Chyros simply put: "Nope."

The US Army just figured out that barely trained conscripts waste ammo like retards if they have a fully auto weapon. Even though they have passed the period of drafting they havent reverted to fully automatic weapons since it would be costly.
Posted Image

#483 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 22:17

Kudos to Stinger; they have discovered an infinite care package glitch. Yes, that is the second time that's happened.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bh-fz5L-RJw

It's hard to keep up a positive look when you know Treyarch will find a way to mess things up like this, and then it gets proven :sly: . I wouldn't even be surprised if Treyarch managed to forget to prevent care runners and stuff like that that were patched out of MW2 :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#484 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 22:29

Edit: @ Chyros, I had the Add Reply window open while I was talking to you about this. :sly:

The game's not even out yet and already the n00bs have found a way to glitch to get infinite Care Packages.

:xD:

Edited by Stinger, 07 November 2010 - 22:31.

#485 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 22:34

They knew what weakness to look for from MW2 and it's exactly that weakness that they managed to get working in BO.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#486 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 07 November 2010 - 22:48

Better now than 5 months down the line when they wont bother supporting it anymore I guess :xD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#487 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 23:13

View PostPav:3d, on 8 Nov 2010, 0:48, said:

Better now than 5 months down the line when they wont bother supporting it anymore I guess :xD:
I agree completely.

Besides, it's good to let the world see how well Treyarch design and playtest their games. Even better still though, to see if they can patch a tiny glitch in two days before their major release. If they can't have a patch out for this on their big release day, what does that tell us about them?
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#488 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 23:18

There are also working prestige lobbies on the Xbox 360 version that boost you to Prestige 15, Rank 50.

JD2020 claimed no one would be able to hack the game and it's already hacked and glitched before it's out. Embarrassing or what!

Edited by Stinger, 07 November 2010 - 23:18.

#489 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 00:05

View PostStinger, on 7 Nov 2010, 23:18, said:

JD2020 claimed no one would be able to hack the game and it's already hacked and glitched before it's out. Embarrassing or what!

I'd say it was more stupid than embarrassing. What kind of idiot says that these days? Makes me wonder if the developers are aware of the internet and the retards that inhabit it.......

#490 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 00:09

I think he underestimates the resourcefulness of people when he made that dumbass statement.

And since when has a community manager known anything about a game? :xD:

#491 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 00:17

View PostStinger, on 8 Nov 2010, 0:09, said:

I think he underestimates the resourcefulness of people when he made that dumbass statement.

And since when has a community manager known anything about a game? :xD:

Apoc is the exception that proves this rule, methinks :sly:

Re: The game, I'm not sure if I can cough up £40 for a game that looks more and more like a clone of MW2 by the day.
For there can be no death without life.

#492 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:33

Sam Worthington (with his often faltering American accent) and Ice Cube voice characters in this game :xD:
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#493 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:10

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 8 Nov 2010, 8:33, said:

Sam Worthington (with his often faltering American accent) and Ice Cube voice characters in this game :sly:
I think the CoD devs are under the erroneous impression that we want to hear rappers in our games :xD: .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#494 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:18

Are you telling me that Escape from Butcher's Bay would've been the same without Xzibit telling people to "SHUT THA FUCK UP!"? :xD:

I dunno, rappers are sometimes awesome at voiceacting, mostly because they are insanely good at swearing and sounded tough.

Edited by SquigPie, 08 November 2010 - 08:19.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#495 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:29

View PostChyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 18:10, said:

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 8 Nov 2010, 8:33, said:

Sam Worthington (with his often faltering American accent) and Ice Cube voice characters in this game :sly:
I think the CoD devs are under the erroneous impression that we want to hear rappers in our games :xD: .

When he's called off, he's got a sawed off, when he squeezes the trigger bodies are hauled off.

Spoiler

--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#496 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:36

View PostSquigPie, on 8 Nov 2010, 10:18, said:

Are you telling me that Escape from Butcher's Bay would've been the same without Xzibit telling people to "SHUT THA FUCK UP!"? :xD:

I dunno, rappers are sometimes awesome at voiceacting, mostly because they are insanely good at swearing and sounded tough.
What's cool about swearing all the time and sounding tough? :sly:

Needs more Brit voice actors!
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#497 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:38

Vinnie Jones :xD:
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#498 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:44

View PostChyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 9:36, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 8 Nov 2010, 10:18, said:

What's cool about swearing all the time and sounding tough? :sly:

Needs more Brit voice actors!

Because it's hilarious!

Play Killzone 2 and you'll know what I mean!

"Fuuck! this sheet is fuucked uup! Fuckin' Higs! Motherfuuckers!" said in the most over-the-top tough voice

Edited by SquigPie, 08 November 2010 - 08:51.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#499 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:22

I have my retail copy of Black Ops but I doubt I'll be able to do anything with it. I'll keep you posted.

View PostAJ, on 8 Nov 2010, 0:17, said:

Apoc is the exception that proves this rule, methinks :sly:

Apoc made more false promises than the devil when he was in charge of the C&C community. He gave the C&C: Tiberium Wars community patch notes for a fix that would never come - the fabled "Patch 1.10".

He kept stringing along the modding community for Kane's Wrath by giving evasive answers regarding the SDK and modding assets. He hid on Twitter from the community and only showed up on the C&C message boards once in a blue moon to give BS EA PR responses.

He also asked the community what they wanted in a Kane's Wrath patch (1.03) that never came, either.

He was woeful at getting the C&C community a fix for the gamebreaking mismatch error in Kane's Wrath that made online play with several of the Nod teams impossible. It was only when a member of the community wrote to one of the top EA dogs complaining about the state of the game that the cat was set among the pigeons and the patch was authorised.

No, seriously, Apoc was one of the worst examples of a community manager that you can get. :sly:

View PostAJ, on 8 Nov 2010, 0:17, said:

Re: The game, I'm not sure if I can cough up £40 for a game that looks more and more like a clone of MW2 by the day.

Tesco and GAME are selling it for £34.99. If you have reward points with GAME you could use those against it.

My cousin said he had a voucher code for Tesco so he was able to get a fiver off it, but I'm not sure how he got this.

@ Chyros, it needs more Craig Fairbrass and less larp.

Edit: I cannot install my retail copy at this time due to the Steam lock and activation process. :xD:

Edited by Stinger, 08 November 2010 - 09:29.

#500 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:29

They've already killed off Gaz and Ghost, not sure how they'll be able to keep getting away with reusing that dude's voice.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users