CoD: Black Ops announced

963 replies to this topic

#76 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:25

View PostTehKiller, on 1 Aug 2010, 10:10, said:

in MW2 FP animations were great but coincidentally (and ironically) they've set the standard for the worst 3P animations in any FPS after 2004.
Yeah, that's very true :duh: . *thinks of winches akimbo model*
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:19

View PostStinger, on 1 Aug 2010, 6:55, said:

Infinity Ward have us spoiled with their reload animations. No one in the business does it better.

No one in the business, apart from EA and a number of their lobotimized subsidiaries, have done a face heel turn any better. :duh:
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#78 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 17:33

multiplayer teaser :xD: looks sweet too tbh. some reload anims seem better and alCOMMANDO IS STILL THERE. FACK

here 'tis

Edited by Camille, 09 August 2010 - 17:33.

it's time to wake up

#79 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 18:04

View PostCamille, on 9 Aug 2010, 18:33, said:

multiplayer teaser :xD: looks sweet too tbh.

No.

Sorry to be so blunt but that trailer just confirms that they've dumbed this down even more than MW2. People suffer from more recoil taking a piss, that explosive buggy suggests that gameplay will be campy (as it looks like a dedicated counter to it and one that is designed to make the 9 year olds excited) and I've seen better atmosphere at a funeral. Posted Image

I am not amused.

Edit: also the animations are just plain terrible. The physics on the crate drop look awful. The graphics are better in something from the 80's. The player models look bland in the extreme.

I will say that the camera idea is neat, but gimmicky.

Edited by Wizard, 09 August 2010 - 18:08.

#80 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 19:02

i was primarily talking about what seems to be new. the buggy and camera look interesting and that map with the animated rocket taking off looks awesome.
it's time to wake up

#81 Jinzor

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 148 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion Mod

Posted 09 August 2010 - 20:07

When are they going to give CoD a big gameplay/graphics/whatever change?

I mean:

2003 - CoD - Oh wow! A new WWII FPS game!
2004 - CoD:UO - Expansion pack: Bigger maps, more gamemodes and freakin' vehicles.
2005 - CoD 2 - Big graphics update and more.
*Skips CoD 3*
2007 - CoD 4 - Holy crap, its not WWII anymore! *BIG multiplayer change*

Then after that there were no big changes to CoD, just the same old recycled game engine and other shit.

Edited by Jinzor, 09 August 2010 - 20:08.

Posted Image

Steam: Jinz
X-Fire: jinrenegade

#82 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 20:12

Well that is certainly the worst CoD-related thing I have ever seen in my entire life bar none.

-lamest reloads I have ever seen in my life (half-screen too, obviously Treyarch have no capable animators of any kind)
-weapons look ugly beyond words
-WaW is the only game ever that had even worse gun sounds
-what the hell is that knife thing
-no recoil AGAIN
-assault rifles do 40-30 AGAIN

Yup, it looks like we can write off another CoD title. Utter failure.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#83 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 20:25

well 'y know, i'll hold back the big guns until i've actually played the thing.

i'll admit it's not a very good sight so far but there's always room for some optimism right?
it's time to wake up

#84 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 20:29

View PostCamille, on 9 Aug 2010, 22:25, said:

well 'y know, i'll hold back the big guns until i've actually played the thing.

i'll admit it's not a very good sight so far but there's always room for some optimism right?
You can already SEE that balance sucks. The thing at 1:40 has more recoil than and lower power than the CAR-15 at the start. It's the old "get more RoF at the cost of the rest of your gun being inferior in every way imagineable" again, like the M240 in MW2 or anything that is not an MP40 in WaW.

What could this game possibly have to offer over MW2? If by September 1st, at their full reveal, they haven't shown some beta omega titanium super duper awesome thing if won't have any good points at all, or they would have showed it by then to advertise.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 20:33

how 'bout some aliens then.

or nanotechnology.

in all seriousness though, i like the guns they showed so far, i found them to be aesthetically pleasing :xD:
it's time to wake up

#86 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 20:40

If the looks of the guns is the only positive thing you can see about it, I don't think it's going to be particularly good.

My position on this is the same as always on obvious rehashes. Don't bloody buy it and developers will actually make new and original stuff again instead of the same shit.

Posted Image

#87 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 21:49

Don't bloody buy it

on that i can agree. i fear it won't matter a bit though, given the size of the fanbase behind it.
it's time to wake up

#88 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 09 August 2010 - 22:43

View PostCamille, on 9 Aug 2010, 23:33, said:

nanotechnology.

Keep that outta here :xD:

Yeah this still looks the same graphics wise as COD 2/4. Also I'm not particularly impressed with what's been shown so far. I'm actually awaiting the release of Spec Ops: The Line which is based in Dubai. Should be fun to attack the city I despise lol.
Posted Image

#89 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 09 August 2010 - 22:53

Holy shit, actual good, meaty gun sound fx in a CoD game? Never!

The guns also look bad-ass, rather than toys.

All in all it feels almost exactly like MW2's multiplayer, those little drones will sure annoy the hell out of everybody :xD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#90 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:09

View PostPav:3d, on 10 Aug 2010, 0:53, said:

Wait, you actually LIKE those sounds? Oo
I'd say all guns sound like dry coughs, with no metallic clang of any kind, no mechanical noise of any kind, it doesn't even really sound like a bang; more of a big drum or something.

But that thing at the start looks like a huge, fat sausage, not a gun D:!

The sniper rifle also has about twelve polies >.> .

Edited by Chyros, 09 August 2010 - 23:11.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#91 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:12

View PostChyros, on 10 Aug 2010, 0:09, said:

I'd say all guns sound like dry coughs, with no metallic clang of any kind, no mechanical noise of any kind, it doesn't even really sound like a bang; more of a big drum or something.

Agreed and I think you mis-posted the polies. The model of the infantry he sniped AT had 12 polies, the gun had 4.

#92 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:14

View PostWizard, on 10 Aug 2010, 1:12, said:

Agreed and I think you mis-posted the polies. The model of the infantry he sniped AT had 12 polies, the gun had 4.
Heheheheh, good point, old bean ^^ .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:15

The sniper rifle also has twelve polies >.> .

Somehow I knew you'd disagree :xD:

The guns dont sound like BB guns for one thing, and they just look good imo. Im just going to leave it at that, because otherwise ill spend 3 topic pages going in circles with you as many times before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#94 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 23:46

I'll focus on the positives:

-The PC version will look infinitely better than what we've seen here. This is the Xbox version and textures have that washed out look: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-ps3-3...n-warfare/58992.
-I'm glad they went with gloved hand models. Skin textures in the first person view usually don't have the quality of being organic. Nothing is more irritating to look at than a mannequin hand. Read: World at War hands.
-From what I have heard so far, the announcer voices are 100 times better than those in WaW. WaW's were stereotypical and unconvincing.
-In general, the gun sounds are better than those in World at War. The sniper rifle has a particularly deadly note.
-You will have the ability to "dive" as seen at point 0:43 of the trailer. (There was a list posted on the Treyarch forums a couple of weeks back that claimed diving, care packages, and ballistic knives would be featured in the game. At this point in time, it looks like the list was true.)
-The crossbow looks like it will take some skill to use. The person who fires the crossbow will have to be evasive when he uses it given the time between impact and detonation to avoid retribution from his would be victim.

Edited by Stinger, 09 August 2010 - 23:56.

#95 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:47

Seriously guys, you call that game failure after a 1:30 trailer?

Yes, I agree it does look like Modern Warfare 2.5

I was kinda expecting a Vietnam (Era) Game. This looks even more modern than MW2.

We have yet to see what they did with the whole Create-A-Class. (Treyarch pointed at C-a-C 2.0)

What are you talking about polycount, sounds and animation. I haven't noticed anything about bad animations (well probably because I don't really care)

Graphics look really nice to me.

MW2 had the second best gun sounds I've ever heard in a FPS (BC2 was better) and BO's sound effects certainly don't sound that much worse.

And of course you can see that the game is unbalanced as hell from this trailer ... :xD:

And before I get flamed for buying this crap game ... show me any good (new) MP-FPS that is/looks better than this game
Posted Image

#96 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:02

Why does it have to be new when there's a perfectly good old thing that is exactly the same? :xD:

Posted Image

#97 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:17

Well you are paying for the new weapons, kill-streaks and maps. You are also paying for a new game to rank up to level something so you can be better than all your buddies.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#98 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:21

View PostChyros, on 10 Aug 2010, 6:29, said:

What could this game possibly have to offer over MW2?

Dedicated servers and lean.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#99 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:57

The gun sounds are HORRIBLE. They sound too plastic and hollow as if all the guns are silenced. In fact they remind me of the gun sounds in Mass Effect :xD:
Posted Image

#100 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:20

View PostStalker, on 10 Aug 2010, 9:47, said:

Seriously guys, you call that game failure after a 1:30 trailer?

Short answer: Yes.

Graphics look really nice to me.

MW2 had the second best gun sounds I've ever heard in a FPS (BC2 was better) and BO's sound effects certainly don't sound that much worse.

Alright with that statement you sound like the only games you ever touched in your life are CoD 4 & 6 and BF console ports.

Oh and those graphics are really outdated. They were outdated some 3 years ago.

MW2 had one of the worst sounds in almost a decade. Heck I think that even HL1 sounds were in the same rank as MW2's. I mean a C4 sounds weaker than a friggin firecracker (actually all explosive's sound like they blew up 500m away...AKA 5 times further than the entire map itself), guns sounds like those plastic weapons you can buy in your local Chinashop and...wait i can go all day long so im just gonna leave it at this.
Posted Image

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users