#626 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 00:28

View PostPav:3d, on 14 Nov 2010, 2:18, said:

View PostChyros, on 14 Nov 2010, 0:10, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 14 Nov 2010, 1:48, said:

Goddamn that FAMAS owns. Suppressed FAMAS with ghost perk and you're damn near immortal!
It wouldn't be so bad if it had more recoil compared to the slower-firing assault rifles, but it has LESS too which makes it kind of ridiculous.

Yeah its just silly, I unlocked the AK and after a few rounds I thought "nah" and went back to the FAMAS. Shame that assault rifles continue to rule all other weapons in FPS. FPS devs need to come up with SOME sort of weakness for them.
I've suggested half a dozen weaknesses for them and given Treyarch ample information on how to balance them better, but of course they didn't listen. They still rule everything - AGAIN.

I managed to get a "no DVK" perk in through their forums but that was about it. The assault rifles rule everything because they have the least recoil and exploit DVK the most, making retaliation with everything else impossible and all other weapon types inviable. Why bother with a sniper rifle's 1HK ability if you can 4HK in full auto without fear of retaliation? And that with faster scope-in times, faster reloads, faster swaps, much better hip spreads, better penetration etc. etc. etc.

SMGs are just in it for fun, I don't know who would ever use them in earnest. LMGs range from incompetent to somewhat competent but why endure the slow walk speed, slow everything and wide spread?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#627 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:00

View PostChyros, on 14 Nov 2010, 0:28, said:

Goddamn that FAMAS owns. Suppressed FAMAS with ghost perk and you're damn near immortal!
It wouldn't be so bad if it had more recoil compared to the slower-firing assault rifles, but it has LESS too which makes it kind of ridiculous.

Yeah its just silly, I unlocked the AK and after a few rounds I thought "nah" and went back to the FAMAS. Shame that assault rifles continue to rule all other weapons in FPS. FPS devs need to come up with SOME sort of weakness for them.
I've suggested half a dozen weaknesses for them and given Treyarch ample information on how to balance them better, but of course they didn't listen. They still rule everything - AGAIN.

I managed to get a "no DVK" perk in through their forums but that was about it. The assault rifles rule everything because they have the least recoil and exploit DVK the most, making retaliation with everything else impossible and all other weapon types inviable. Why bother with a sniper rifle's 1HK ability if you can 4HK in full auto without fear of retaliation? And that with faster scope-in times, faster reloads, faster swaps, much better hip spreads, better penetration etc. etc. etc.

SMGs are just in it for fun, I don't know who would ever use them in earnest. LMGs range from incompetent to somewhat competent but why endure the slow walk speed, slow everything and wide spread?

Apparantly hardened pro reduces the DVK, but I cant be bothered to play 15 rounds of some CTF or whatever the annoying challenge is to unlock it.

SMG's are a joke this time, if the enemy is further than a few feet from me then I have a drastically reduced chance.

The most useless weapon of all has got to be the shotguns, Ive had around 15 hours of gameplay and ive seen two people use shotguns, and they werent doing very well :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#628 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:22

View PostChyros, on 14 Nov 2010, 1:28, said:

The problem is, they can't listen to every suggestion and advice they recieve, since much of it contradict eachother.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#629 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:39

@ Squig - I know this, but no-one should have to tell them how to balance their game. This is Call of Duty SEVEN, it's not like they didn't have time to perfect it. Besides, their team is supposed to consist of experts who can do it themselves, and even if they couldn't, they sure as hell should be able to filter out the good advice from the crap. As it is, balance is crappy enough that even I would be able to noticeably improve balance in a few hours' time - without playtesting.

View PostPav:3d, on 14 Nov 2010, 3:00, said:

View PostChyros, on 14 Nov 2010, 0:28, said:

Apparantly hardened pro reduces the DVK, but I cant be bothered to play 15 rounds of some CTF or whatever the annoying challenge is to unlock it.
Yeah I know, Vahn implemented it following a discussion I started about DVK on the Treyarch forums. Perks are a mess this time btw, not only does not having any pro give you a massive disadvantage you shouldn't have in the first place, the perks feel oddly placed and the normal and pro effects don't suit each other at all; sometimes they are even orthogonal to each other. There isn't a system in how the perk tiers are ordered either :P .

SMG's are a joke this time, if the enemy is further than a few feet from me then I have a drastically reduced chance.

The most useless weapon of all has got to be the shotguns, Ive had around 15 hours of gameplay and ive seen two people use shotguns, and they werent doing very well :P
Indeed. They made the critical mistake of making assault rifles fire extremely fast while not having less up-close power than SMGs. All 30-20 SMGs are outgunned by all assault rifle in terms of damage and some SMGs are even outclassed in rate of fire. What the hell would they ever be useful for?! And the increased recoil means you will always lose out to an assault rifle at ranges of more than a few metres - again through DVK (I know I keep coming but to this point very often but I hope you all understand just how game-breaking this phenomenon really is). Shotguns predictably are a laugh in a game with maps that are relatively big, but instead of using the stronger MW2 shotgun values, which would've been justified, they gave them CoD 4 statistics, where they were already useless despite the maps being so tiny.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#630 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:45

No offense, but I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that THEY could balance the game better, only for it to be just as broken.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#631 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:19

View PostPav:3d, on 14 Nov 2010, 7:48, said:

Really? I get killed over and over with suppressed FAMAS and ghost...

...but I recorded one moment in my fileshare where I killed three guys in a few seconds with my FAMASuppressed Ghost :P

Edited by Destiny, 14 November 2010 - 02:22.

Posted Image

#632 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:52

View PostAlias, on 14 Nov 2010, 0:23, said:

Realistic jamming?

Everyone would use AKs then. :P

I discovered that the M14 jams. It is needless to say, but I won't be using that gun again in a hurry. :P

#633 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:09

Actual jamming, or some sort of glitch or lag?
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#634 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:48

View PostDestiny, on 14 Nov 2010, 2:19, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 14 Nov 2010, 7:48, said:

Really? I get killed over and over with suppressed FAMAS and ghost...

...but I recorded one moment in my fileshare where I killed three guys in a few seconds with my FAMASuppressed Ghost :P

You mustave been having a bad game when you got killed over and over :P I tend to wipe out the enemy team with it (especially on domination)
@Stinger: actual jamming? :O

Posted Image

Posted Image

#635 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:10

I kept getting jams with the M16 as well. Note that there is a "jam" stat in the game files but it doesn't seem to be used. I have no idea what is causing this.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#636 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:00

Well...both the M-14 and M-16 aren't automatic weapons...sometimes even when you fire your click doesn't register and your gun doesn't fire and that goddamn 1HP ****** runs up to you and SHIIIIIIICK you and there goes your 1-more killstreak to choppa.
Posted Image

#637 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:18

View PostDestiny, on 14 Nov 2010, 13:00, said:

Well...both the M-14 and M-16 aren't automatic weapons...sometimes even when you fire your click doesn't register and your gun doesn't fire and that goddamn 1HP ****** runs up to you and SHIIIIIIICK you and there goes your 1-more killstreak to choppa.
Well the reason for that is simply that the rate of fire is capped, as it should be. The jamming effect makes you unable to do anything but move and go prone/crouch for about two full seconds.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#638 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:23

Have they managed to activate the jam-mechanic with the latest patch? Because that would be epic :P

#639 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:23

View PostChyros, on 14 Nov 2010, 19:18, said:

View PostDestiny, on 14 Nov 2010, 13:00, said:

Well the reason for that is simply that the rate of fire is capped, as it should be. The jamming effect makes you unable to do anything but move and go prone/crouch for about two full seconds.

Well that explains it :P
Posted Image

#640 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:25

View PostWanderer, on 14 Nov 2010, 11:23, said:

Have they managed to activate the jam-mechanic with the latest patch?

I don't think they ended up with the right jam-mechanic. It wasn't supposed to jam up the servers :P

#641 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 13:07

No no, It's the right one. This is how they kill the game so activision can sell the game again as soon as possible :P

#642 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 13:09

View PostWanderer, on 14 Nov 2010, 13:23, said:

Have they managed to activate the jam-mechanic with the latest patch? Because that would be epic :P
No, I've had it since the start.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#643 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 13:27

My earlier love for Black Ops has quickly turned to hate. I am seriously considering going back to Modern Warfare 2.

My new opinion of the PC version, quoting myself from another board:

Treyarch are a bunch of amateurs living in Infinity Ward's shadow. I can't play with my friends in a multiplayer game. More often than not, it pits me against them. How can you fail at the little things like these?

When my friends are on my team, I cannot tell where they are on the map because they show up as green triangles.

The servers lag like hell. Maybe it's internal lag on the server, or just poor optimisation, but the lag here is WORSE than IWNet.

Bullet registration is ropey. If a player has a much lower or higher ping than you, you won't be able to shoot them because there does not appear to be any lag compensation. You think you're shooting them, but on their screen they'd already moved.

Sniper rifles are awful. Assault rifles dominate at all ranges so an SMG has no tactical worth over one. Shotguns are useless. The Pro Perk challenges are unwelcoming to new players. Last but not least, the maps are too crowded and the spawn system fails because it doesn't know where to put players when there are so many running around.

The Call of Duty B Team will never get my money again.

Lag compensation is a big deal because without it sniper rifles are USELESS at what they are made for... shooting at range.

Edited by Stinger, 14 November 2010 - 13:32.

#644 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 13:35

You're right on all counts of course. I'm prepared to give Treyarch a chance to fix these issues though - with IW we'd know there was no fixing any of these issues but you never know of Treyarch. Incompetent as they are, at least they try to do well.

It's kind of a sad story tbh. Infinity ward CAN make a good game but refuse to, Treyarch want to make a good game but they can't :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#645 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 13:37

For me I have to make do with what I have/bought, 'tis my only CoD game and I won't be getting any money for several years to buy MW/MW2 :P

Also there is NO map in MP that allows you to snipe at all :|

Man they should turn campaign maps into MP maps...

Edited by Destiny, 14 November 2010 - 13:45.

Posted Image

#646 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 14:13

View PostDestiny, on 14 Nov 2010, 15:37, said:

For me I have to make do with what I have/bought, 'tis my only CoD game and I won't be getting any money for several years to buy MW/MW2 :P

Also there is NO map in MP that allows you to snipe at all :|

Man they should turn campaign maps into MP maps...
The problem with this is that if you make maps TOO big, SMGs and shotguns suffer proportionally. I think they made some maps reasonably well, and others very badly. A recurring theme is the abundance of easy cover but extreme exposure while moving, and certain camping spots that border on impregnability. They DID imprement a good mix between long- and short-ranged map elements though which is commendable. The biggest problem is that many maps highly encourage camping and discourage going for objectives (Domination in particular is incredibly stale compared to MW2: the match is nearly always decided within the first two minutes and who managed to get B first as opposed to Mw2 where you could make monster counters and turn even the most terrible game score to your favour). This camping problem is made worse by the lack of penetration power on all weapons.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#647 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 14:52

A good map would be the Rusalka ship mission without the option of going into the ship itself (no point at all lol)...but yeah, one can hope...one of the best maps and my favorite is Jungle because I can't be seen if I go prone with Ghost and some people actually crouched beside me and I shot them in the face...
Posted Image

#648 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 14:55

View PostDestiny, on 14 Nov 2010, 16:52, said:

A good map would be the Rusalka ship mission without the option of going into the ship itself (no point at all lol)...but yeah, one can hope...one of the best maps and my favorite is Jungle because I can't be seen if I go prone with Ghost and some people actually crouched beside me and I shot them in the face...
If you like that, you would've LOVED the Wasteland map on MW2 :P . It was basically a huge open map with grass everywhere - with a ghillie suit, you were almost impossible to spot, and people would walk right past you all the time :P .This is not nearly as much the case in BO, I've noticed, and tbh I also found it a pity they coupled the ghillie suit to a perk instead of a weapon class.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#649 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:06

View PostChyros, on 12 Nov 2010, 22:52, said:

@ Wiz: Sure, but I probably wouldn't be able to help our team out because I have nothing to do that with. I only have weapons that are horrendously underpowered and no perks that serve a useful purpose.

If you cannot play this game decently without having perks or the better weapons, then it is inherently a bad game, no need for a big backstory on that. The overdone perk-killstreak gameplay, which I would in dutch call
Spoiler
is what kept me at BC2 instead of MW2.

Its not the reason I wont try BO though, thats just because I currently can't really save €50 and Chyros posts about performance discouraged my PC which can barely run BC2 on the lowest settings D:

Edited by Shirou, 14 November 2010 - 15:19.

Posted Image

#650 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 14 November 2010 - 15:27

Reading all the compliants about assualt rifle ruling the battlefield, let me have some input on it.

ARs are meant to be adaptable to all situation with relatively high efficiency at each role.

That being said so, its a weapon that is "jack of all trade, but master of none". At CQB situration, AR are too large compared to SMGs and too heavy compared to SMGs, therefore the time to get the gun on target and firing will be longer.

But in game, not matter how long your weapon is, it will never get stuck. Making the first advantage useless. In real-life, even being shot at close range will at least harm you enough to lose aim, but in-game its more like who does most "damage" will win, instead of who get the first shot. Making the second advantage unless once more.

On to LMGs, the LMGs are meant to be bipod deployed SUPPORT weapon. Where in game you don't really suppressed by gun fire, but you really do in real life. Therefore other than the large mag, its pretty useless in-game, (not to say, pretty impossible to run and shoulder with it).

Sniper rifles, yes... You can snipe with an ACOG in ranges like that in-game. What is the whole point of them? Is there any situration were that you are shooting over 600m, and the AR have more realistic MOA? I think not.

That is why I prefer WWII shooters if possible, where the difference between SMG, rifles, sniper rifles and MGs are more obvious. (Unless I get to use an STG44, where its is pretty much most powerful all round weapon in that era)

Edited by ΓΛΡΤΘΓ, 14 November 2010 - 15:29.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

46 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users