A new Command and Conquer game.

53 replies to this topic

#26 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 16:15

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 16 Oct 2010, 23:47, said:

"Pretty far out" is probably 2 months, if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Pretty far out doesn't refer to time, it refers to them thinking it is cool/awesome/great.

I'm pretty stoked for a new C&C Game though, hopefully it is an RTS, I'm not a huge fan of FPSs besides Mass Effect and Bioshock.

#27 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 17 October 2010 - 17:09

The new game is called "Command and Comquer: Lets Ruin The Entie Gameplay System So Everyone Hates Us More And Then Make Pointless Expansion Packs"
[/Rant]

But if it is Generals2 what would they go off?
This place still exists?

#28 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 17:25

View PostGenrail, on 17 Oct 2010, 17:09, said:

The new game is called "Command and Comquer: Lets Ruin The Entie Gameplay System So Everyone Hates Us More And Then Make Pointless Expansion Packs"
[/Rant]

They already did the first part with CNC4.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#29 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 17:38

View PostGolan, on 17 Oct 2010, 13:25, said:

View PostGenrail, on 17 Oct 2010, 17:09, said:

[/Rant]

They already did the first part with CNC4.

Oh you :P

#30 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 17 October 2010 - 18:28

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Oct 2010, 9:18, said:

Mirrors Edge was quite good as well.

Yeah, that was something quite refreshing. I hope for a sequel someday.

I hope for Generals 2. Generals imo, was when CnC plateaued, and CnC 3 began the downward trend. Look at CnC 4, that was horrible.

Actually, if they are gonna revive Tiberium (the FPS) I wouldn't be against that, think that could be interesting, but probably not stellar.

#31 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 17 October 2010 - 20:30

To me, classic C&C died with Generals (not that it was bad, but it pretty much isn't a C&C in the classic sense). C&C3 was an ok game. I liked the campaign to an extent but the skirmish/multiplayer got stale very quickly. RA3 was a weird fest but not completely full of fail. Of course C&C4 pretty much killed it for most of us.
Posted Image

#32 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 21:06

I hopefully not they're use more science-fiction in next of C&C generation.

About C&C4, it was too much stuff and dosen't feel old style anymore.

#33 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 21:08

Too much sci-fi crap ruins it, I agree.

Pew-pew pink bullets flying across the screen... please.

#34 Generalcamo

Casual

• 78 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 18 October 2010 - 23:49

View Postn5p29, on 16 Oct 2010, 9:42, said:

maybe RA FPS (or even MMO)??

Forget it. A Path Beyond is supported by EA (Not CREATED by them, they just don't sue them) and as such, they won't try it when theres a cool copy made by fans that is FREE.

View PostTheDR, on 17 Oct 2010, 8:07, said:

Prequel? :P

Forget it. Unless they do a renegade 2, there is no prequel.

Eventhough, I would like to see renegade two with prism tanks and the building of the Hand of Nod and the tiber river incident and the SCAVANGERS that turn into Nod from the fallen soviet union.
Supporter of Stalin

#35 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 00:06

In my opinion they should just leave C&C be for at least six years. Give the modding community some time to grow.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#36 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:04

It might be renegade 2 or the old cancelled Tiberium game

#37 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:05

View PostStinger, on 17 Oct 2010, 16:08, said:

Pew-pew pink bullets flying across the screen... please.

Oi! I happen to like sci-fi. Done well, it's amazing.

Key words though. Done well.
Writing Thread

#38 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:46

View PostStinger, on 18 Oct 2010, 8:08, said:

Isn't that what DoW is like?
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#39 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:53

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 19 Oct 2010, 5:46, said:

How very dare you :P

#40 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:57

View PostAmdrial, on 19 Oct 2010, 2:06, said:

In my opinion they should just leave C&C be for at least six years. Give the modding community some time to grow.

With the current spree of CnC games having split the community into small crappy parts, I don't think any of the latest games is even gonna get close to the modding support Zero Hour once had (and partially still has). Also with a staple game called StarCraft 2 currently conquering the world, CnC is only going to diminish in activity.

A new Generals with the same modding capabilities as the old one would definitely help get the modding community up and running again.
Posted Image

#41 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:27

View PostShirou, on 19 Oct 2010, 11:57, said:

A new anything with same modding capabilities and playability of Generals would definitely help everyone

Fix'd.

It doesn't have to be a new Generals game, although we'd all love it. Just a decent RTS (that isn't DoW :P ) would suit me.

#42 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:37

View PostWizard, on 19 Oct 2010, 18:53, said:

I don't mind any of this excessive sci-fi crap that Stinger is talking about, I'm just wondering if he thinks if its also applicable to a game like DoW. I'd like to make it quite clear that I honestly don't think DoW is ruined by "too much sci-fi crap".

Edited by deltaepsilon, 19 October 2010 - 11:42.

--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#43 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:53

View PostAJ, on 16 Oct 2010, 9:22, said:

And they do tend to do well as publishers of damn good games, look at Mass Effect 2 for a prime example :P

@ New C&C: if it's not Generals 2, I'm honestly not really interested.

I second that.
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#44 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:04

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 19 Oct 2010, 12:37, said:

View PostWizard, on 19 Oct 2010, 18:53, said:

I don't mind any of this excessive sci-fi crap that Stinger is talking about, I'm just wondering if he thinks if its also applicable to a game like DoW. I'd like to make it quite clear that I honestly don't think DoW is ruined by "too much sci-fi crap".

Better :xD:

I think he meant the whole Scrin/whatever-the-tiberium-ascension-bollox was all about in C&C4 etc.

#45 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:16

DoW doesnt have too much "sci-fi crap". CNC4 has "SC crap" because in a story where a war between human factions is the major plotline they all of the sudden decide to have aliens enter the fray. In DoW its aliens and humans but you sure as hell dont see God Almighty enter the fray shooting lightbolts at whoever annoys him.
Posted Image

#46 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 14:39

Having those aliens enter the fray could have been very interesting if they would have dropped the silly '''kane is back, and we can't think of anything creative without involving KANE!!'' in favor of a storyline that actually focussed around the Scrin. In CNC3 the only thing the scrin represented are insectoid invaders who are merely pawns of Gods grandson.

No seriously, Kane is fucking overrated and they should have done a better job at the Scrin. They should have been something like the Seraphim of Supreme Commander, who were alien and different to the existing factions in their flavour but still very cool and they put the game storyline upside down.

To any and all contenders of the ''kane is overrated'' opinion, I say this: The gameplay of EA's games was completely different, so whats the problem with doing the same to the storyline.

Edited by Shirou, 19 October 2010 - 14:43.

Posted Image

#47 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 15:19

View PostTehKiller, on 19 Oct 2010, 12:16, said:

DoW doesnt have too much "sci-fi crap". CNC4 has "SC crap" because in a story where a war between human factions is the major plotline they all of the sudden decide to have aliens enter the fray. In DoW its aliens and humans but you sure as hell dont see God Almighty enter the fray shooting lightbolts at whoever annoys him.

Those aliens didn't enter in CNC4. They were already gone by then.

Also, the major plot-line of the Tib-CNCs is a war between human factions over a resource brought to the planet by aliens.

Edited by Golan, 19 October 2010 - 15:20.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#48 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 17:01

View PostShirou, on 19 Oct 2010, 16:39, said:

Having those aliens enter the fray could have been very interesting if they would have dropped the silly '''kane is back, and we can't think of anything creative without involving KANE!!'' in favor of a storyline that actually focussed around the Scrin. In CNC3 the only thing the scrin represented are insectoid invaders who are merely pawns of Gods grandson.

The Scrin 'entered the fray' during Renegade and Tiberian Sun, where it was only relics, while as of CnC3 they would be a playable faction.

Also Kane belongs into the Tiberium universe, he's a main part of it, the impossible-to-kill-bald-badass-bad-guy.

No seriously, Kane is fucking overrated and they should have done a better job at the Scrin.

How dare you to insult the messiah?!

To any and all contenders of the ''kane is overrated'' opinion, I say this: The gameplay of EA's games was completely different, so whats the problem with doing the same to the storyline.

Uh...No.

Edited by Sargeant Rho, 19 October 2010 - 17:06.

#49 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 19 October 2010 - 21:19

Something like that would be awesome to see, but my hope in EA producing decent CNC titles was gone around the time I got my hands on the red alert 3 demo. Nothing they've done since has done anything to bring it back.
kinda, sorta alive.

#50 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 23:52

View PostSargeant Rho, on 19 Oct 2010, 19:01, said:

The Scrin 'entered the fray' during Renegade and Tiberian Sun, where it was only relics, while as of CnC3 they would be a playable faction.

Also Kane belongs into the Tiberium universe, he's a main part of it, the impossible-to-kill-bald-badass-bad-guy.
What is your point? The scrin played next to no role at all before CnC3. Yeah, they are the backstory of the entirety that is Tiberium and pretty much the source of all Nod technology, yet EA did a godawful job at them in CnC3, did nothing even remotely interesting with Kane, and even dropped the faction in CnC4 for another boring storyline focussed around Kane.

No seriously, Kane is fucking overrated and they should have done a better job at the Scrin.

How dare you to insult the messiah?!

Because the Messiah has blocked me off from playing the ''full scale invasion'' Scrin which would have been so much more interesting than what is in Kane's Wrath and CnC4.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users