Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 13:58

View PostDestiny, on 3 Jun 2011, 15:54, said:

Enter key Chyros, enter key!
What about it?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#253 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 14:47

'tis hard to read your argument at a glance. I understand though. Because the niche SMGs and shotguns in CoD overlap and the advantages are rarely even there. Being able to walk at high speed while RDSed with SMGs is nice, but what good does it do when ARs can shoot you out from long range and shotties can just BRAK BRAK DED you?
Posted Image

#254 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 15:17

View PostDestiny, on 3 Jun 2011, 16:47, said:

'tis hard to read your argument at a glance. I understand though. Because the niche SMGs and shotguns in CoD overlap and the advantages are rarely even there. Being able to walk at high speed while RDSed with SMGs is nice, but what good does it do when ARs can shoot you out from long range and shotties can just BRAK BRAK DED you?
Well that's kind of my point in a nutshell, yeah :beer: .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#255 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 15:27

Though shotguns loose at longer range, I loved using one in CoD4(broadcast especially :P ) . If you just keep your range in mind, you can do quite abit of destruction with it :beer: The MW2 shotguns are abit meh, since they are secondary. No real point of using them unless your main gun is out of ammo. But in certain situations I do like using them too :)

Edited by Wanderer, 03 June 2011 - 15:29.

#256 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 15:41

Yeah, like century-old shotguns blowing everyone to death :beer:
Posted Image

#257 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 16:01

View PostWanderer, on 3 Jun 2011, 17:27, said:

Though shotguns loose at longer range, I loved using one in CoD4(broadcast especially :xD: ) . If you just keep your range in mind, you can do quite abit of destruction with it :beer: The MW2 shotguns are abit meh, since they are secondary. No real point of using them unless your main gun is out of ammo. But in certain situations I do like using them too :)
There's no real point in using them in CoD 4 though, since an SMG will serve you a lot better, and in MW2 their status as secondaries really doesn't work as it undermines the whole class system.

View PostDestiny, on 3 Jun 2011, 17:41, said:

Yeah, like century-old shotguns blowing everyone to death :xD:
Don't worry, they nerfed them well into balanced-ness a long, long time ago :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#258 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 16:05

I know they are useless, but damn is it fun :beer:
(in CoD4, I used the pump-action shotgun, in MW2 AA-12 and striker mostly)

Edited by Wanderer, 03 June 2011 - 16:07.

#259 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 16:45

If they remove my stopping power or commando perk, if they just dare that !

#260 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 17:05

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 17:45, said:

seriously? you must be the only person that isn't glad commando is gone :beer:

there was seriously nothing more irritating and ultimately gamebreaking IMO. the ability to kill, teleport AND be invincible for a second is simply too damn ridiculous and shouldn't ever have been in the game in the first place.
it's time to wake up

#261 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 17:14

View PostCamille, on 3 Jun 2011, 19:05, said:

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 17:45, said:

seriously? you must be the only person that isn't glad commando is gone :beer:

there was seriously nothing more irritating and ultimately gamebreaking IMO. the ability to kill, teleport AND be invincible for a second is simply too damn ridiculous and shouldn't ever have been in the game in the first place.
Well you weren't actually invulnerable in any way during the commando attack at all, really, but I'm still glad it's gone. I think there's far more interesting things you can do with a perk.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#262 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 17:24

I can't count the amount of fun I had with Commando perk and now some people happy its gone, I call those as noobs :beer:

#263 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 17:41

So you were a kniferunner?

#264 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 17:47

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 19:24, said:

I can't count the amount of fun I had with Commando perk and now some people happy its gone, I call those as noobs :beer:
It has a range of 7,6 metres which you would travel through in 0,16 seconds. That boils down to a speed of 171 km/h. Wouldn't you call that a bit excessive? :)

Besides, why put so much emphasis on knifing? It's a GUN game, after all.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#265 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 18:05

View PostWanderer, on 3 Jun 2011, 19:41, said:

So you were a kniferunner?

Yep and hell good at it on certain maps :beer: Its the best way to annoy noobs in MW :xD:

View PostChyros, on 3 Jun 2011, 19:47, said:

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 19:24, said:

I can't count the amount of fun I had with Commando perk and now some people happy its gone, I call those as noobs :)
It has a range of 7,6 metres which you would travel through in 0,16 seconds. That boils down to a speed of 171 km/h. Wouldn't you call that a bit excessive? :P

Besides, why put so much emphasis on knifing? It's a GUN game, after all.

Its one aspect of the game, I'll still love MW without it but its still something good, why take out something good from the game, leave it as it is and just add new things, if players you are facing are good enough; they will always know the means of countering your knife run attacks. Balance a little if necessary but no to removing commando perk!

#266 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 18:13

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 20:05, said:

Its one aspect of the game, I'll still love MW without it but its still something good, why take out something good from the game, leave it as it is and just add new things, if players you are facing are good enough; they will always know the means of countering your knife run attacks. Balance a little if necessary but no to removing commando perk!
It's not a matter of not being able to counter it. When I encounter kniferunners I just take out a CQB class and turn their KD so bad they usually give up before the end of the round, so it's not as if they pose a threat to anyone. The problem is that they disrupt the flow of the game, because kniferunners are utterly useless in objective-based games like domination (or even TDM) and they drag their team down horribly. They're welcome to do it in FFA where they're not on anyone's side and where they will always lose but you shouldn't have gametype-dependent perks IMO.

No balancing is necessary in the case of kniferunning because people never do well with it. Kniferunning simply shouldn't be encouraged because it has no place in the game.

Edited by Chyros, 03 June 2011 - 18:15.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#267 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 18:18

and it's bloody annoying to have someone teleport the knife into you, even if you were able to shoot first...

#268 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 18:43

View PostChyros, on 3 Jun 2011, 19:13, said:

It's not a matter of not being able to counter it. When I encounter kniferunners I just take out a CQB class and turn their KD so bad they usually give up before the end of the round, so it's not as if they pose a threat to anyone. The problem is that they disrupt the flow of the game, because kniferunners are utterly useless in objective-based games like domination (or even TDM) and they drag their team down horribly. They're welcome to do it in FFA where they're not on anyone's side and where they will always lose but you shouldn't have gametype-dependent perks IMO.

No balancing is necessary in the case of kniferunning because people never do well with it. Kniferunning simply shouldn't be encouraged because it has no place in the game.

It has a place in the game when you kill entire team without dying.

#269 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 19:15

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 20:43, said:

Then you played against people so noobish that you would've killed them all if you used piss as a weapon, but piss doesn't have a place in the game either does it? :beer: Against any decent player, you wouldn't have stood the tiniest chance.

Edited by Chyros, 03 June 2011 - 19:16.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#270 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 19:26

View PostChyros, on 3 Jun 2011, 21:15, said:

Then you played against people so noobish that you would've killed them all if you used piss as a weapon, but piss doesn't have a place in the game either does it? :beer: Against any decent player, you wouldn't have stood the tiniest chance.

Just because you don't like knife doesn't means its not a part of the game , you can even throw it and add a tactical knife Handguns. So Yes, its well has a place in the game , both campaign and multiplayer. And there is little chance of entire team made up noobs.

#271 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 19:32

There's a difference between knifing and teleporting to the victim and stabbing him.... the stopping power/lightweight,marathon and commando-setup with pistol+tac. knife and a smg just gets annoying and irritating at some point.

Edited by Wanderer, 03 June 2011 - 19:35.

#272 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 20:32

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 21:26, said:

View PostChyros, on 3 Jun 2011, 21:15, said:

Just because you don't like knife doesn't means its not a part of the game , you can even throw it and add a tactical knife Handguns. So Yes, its well has a place in the game , both campaign and multiplayer. And there is little chance of entire team made up noobs.
"it has a place in the game" =/= "it is in the game"

Just because it is in doesn't mean that it should be in. Also, I've only very rarely found a team that was NOT made up entirely out of noobs - opponents with actual skill are a rare find. I just wouldn't want you on my team if you were kniferunning because you'd be useless to us. I'd love to have you on the enemy team though >D .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#273 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 20:47

Bah, your statements ridiculous.

#274 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 21:24

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 3 Jun 2011, 20:47, said:

Bah, your statements ridiculous.

mmkay.

moving on: i just saw a pop-block video on gametrailers that emphasized the fact that MW3 is a *gasp* -- FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.

:beer:

apart from that no real new information.
it's time to wake up

#275 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 21:33

E3 next week, Plenty of new info then I'd guess

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users