Right, that's us then!

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:09

This might come as a slight shock to some of you (ohoho, I'm sure!), but I've chosen to give up my post as an admin here. It really seems like I've only just arrived compared to the length of time that many of my peers have been admins, but I'm afraid that simply doesn't change the fact that I have to be leaving. After all, I'm afraid that I'm not just pushing off the administrative duties that have been given to me, but I'm also going to be leaving the forums and I quite simply have no idea when I'll return. There are many reasons for my sudden absence, and quite a few of them I won't share due to the fact that some members he wouldn't take very well to them.

First and foremost, Tuesday I sign up for my classes at the university I'll be going to. I'm hopefully going to be taking computer science related courses. I've come to realize there aren't very many things in life that I put very much effort into other than the internet, and I honestly believe I can become a better person if I change this. For once in my life, I've decided to give something the best I have to offer, and to pour my heart and soul into it. Second, I'm likely going to try and make an indie game with a friend of mine. This isn't a very good reason for leaving, mind, but with university taking up most of my other time, I probably won't be able to do much as an admin! Of course, that's saying I did a lot in the first place, which to tell the truth, I really didn't, but maybe this will offer a chance for someone to take my place and get something done around here, eh?

I'd really like to thank all of you who have been here, you're all probably the finest bunch of internet gentlemen I've ever ran into. It's cheesy to think of it, but Fallout Studios has changed my outlook on many things, and indeed, my entire life! I likely wouldn't be where I was today if circumstances and fate hadn't led me to buying Generals one day in a shop, which led me to looking for a good mod to play after I'd exhausted most of it. There's also the many members and staff I've gotten to known, some who I would consider as close to me as the friends I have in real-life.

I can't say for sure if I'll ever return, or if FS will even be around when I one day decide to get around to it, but I'll surely stay on Steam and MSN.

Most people leave a song at the end of posts like this one that's sad, but I don't roll that way. I want to go out dancing the Carlton!

Edited by Hobbesy, 25 July 2011 - 03:10.

#2 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:36

And so, another legend dies :(
Well, good luck on your endeavors Hobbes, and I hope you'll still visit FS from time to time, even though you said the opposite.

You will be remembered, comrade! (Well, at least by me :P )

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#3 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:56

Cool.

I see.

Yes, exactly what I said on Steam. :P
Posted Image

#4 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:52

That was a quick run, eh?
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#5 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:57

"When its sleep ends, Razgriz rises again."

Even though we weren't on the best of terms, I sincerely hope you make your life fantastic and amazing, good luck out there! :P

#6 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:46

You have an invisible rope connected to the LPTPW and this forum, you eventually return, atleast I hope :lol: Good luck with life :P

#7 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:16

Good luck mate. Also looking forward to hear more about your indie proj :P.

#8 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:26

I wish you luck, and I hope you come back one day :P

#9 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:58

I wish you the best of luck in life, and don't forget to come back! :P

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#10 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:41

Its a shame you're leaving Hobbesy :P Good luck in your computer science courses

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:47

Another one bites the dust :P . Good luck at university mate - though I'd have to point out that my housemate who does computer science did inform me that the course has one of the fewest amount of college hours of any course :lol: .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:04

Take care my good friend. No doubt we will continue to stay in contact over facebook, and steam. It's been an honour to be your friend here at FS though, and it made me proud to have seen a friend rise from blue member all the way to admin, and a shame to see you leave for the gold member spot.
Posted Image

#13 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:16

Best of luck with everything mate. You've been one of the reasons FS is such a great bunch of people, and you'll be sorely missed around here. I trust you'll stay in contact through facebook etc?

#14 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:37

Well, sucks to hear. I'll probably still see you around somewhere. (You won't get rid of me that easily).

Can I be admin now? :P

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#15 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:10

Another member joins the golden ranks!!

You will be missed mate so we hope that you will still lurk moar! Thanks for everything. :P

#16 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 25 July 2011 - 13:15

Goodluck with university Hobbes, though as your going to be in first year its really quite the cakewalk, It's more about enjoying yourself than working, though the states may have a different system.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 13:25

When I joined this forum you were the first guy that I chatted to and we have become good friends over the years.

I know you will do great at Uni and I'm glad you are going to focus and put all your effort into it. I also know you won't leave this place for good, or at least I hope you won't, as its just not going to be the same place without you.

Good luck in the world of tomorrow! Today!
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#18 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 25 July 2011 - 16:04

aww... another one left. it's quieter here now. D:
well, life still must go on. good luck with the uni Hobb.

#19 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 25 July 2011 - 16:50

"Unit lost!"
We are losing them fast lately. Are they bailing the sinking ship or am I just paranoid :P
Anyways, good luck with University mate :lol:
Posted Image

#20 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 17:36

Later Hobbesy, good luck at uni.

#21 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 01 August 2011 - 22:13

And the cruel University belly devours another! It isn't always easy to take these decisions Sean. Best of luck with your studies :rotfl:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users