Bioware's new Franchise [Gens 2]

First Image inside

142 replies to this topic

#1 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:03

The first image of the Bioware's new franchise...

Any guesses what might it be?

It reminded me of Rage for some weird reason, but looking closely there is some resemblance to Far Cry 2 like African setting.

Edited by AJ, 11 December 2011 - 03:13.

#2 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:27

Looks like a Borderlands/Brink rip to me. Fingers crossed it will be better than the later and less repetative than the former.

#3 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:57

Well, never took much interest in Biowares sheanigans, but I'll give it a chance.

First of all, is Hamburger Help- I mean, Jennifer Hepler involved?

In that case, we can expect whatever world this takes place in to be filled with half-naked men who want to rub their body against yours.

Edited by SquigPie, 09 November 2011 - 07:59.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#4 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:39

Rumors galore regarding the new title with people speculating that this new game might be generals 2 since victory games has come under the bioware label apparently. I found this on CNCNZ which links to many other original sources regarding the rumour and also includes a 3 sec video of the new game, which surprisingly features generals like units in the video. But BW is also working on a modern military themed IP, so it might be that as well. We'll have to wait till december 10th to find out.

#5 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:46

I read that it could be a new Mercenaries game. I hope its a Generals 2 and I hope that it keeps similar game play to the original, there hasn't been a good RTS with base building and resources since CoH.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#6 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 13:31

Generals with Bioware writing....Brrrr...

"General Liang, do you love me?"
"I'VE NEVER FELT THIS WAY ABOUT ANYONE BEFORE GENERAL GRANGER!"
"Will you marry me?"
"YES! YES! I LOVE YOU!"
*fully-clothed sex scene proceeds.*

To be serious though, I'm pretty interested in this project. And since writing isn't that important in an RTS, Bioware's jumpy writing quality won't matter.

Still, have these guys ever done RTS before? Seems like an odd choice for a developer.

Edited by SquigPie, 24 November 2011 - 13:33.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#7 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 13:37

View PostSquigPie, on 24 November 2011 - 13:31, said:

Generals with Bioware writing....Brrrr...

"General Liang, do you love me?"
"I'VE NEVER FELT THIS WAY ABOUT ANYONE BEFORE GENERAL GRANGER!"
"Will you marry me?"
"YES! YES! I LOVE YOU!"
*fully-clothed sex scene proceeds.*

To be serious though, I'm pretty interested in this project. And since writing isn't that important in an RTS, Bioware's jumpy writing quality won't matter.

Still, have these guys ever done RTS before? Seems like an odd choice for a developer.

No, its not Bioware, its a 'new' bunch of devs from LA who they decided to call Bioware for some strange reason.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#8 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 24 November 2011 - 13:39

so Generals 2 will be FPS/RPG?

#9 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 28 November 2011 - 00:10

Definitely looks like a nuke truck from Generals being attacked by the Allied RA3 tanks... 8|

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#10 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:44

The Tie in with Bioware might be a marketing gimmick since EA might think that anything attached to the Bioware label would sell like hell.

#11 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:56

And get a user score of 3.4 on metacritic.

Edited by SquigPie, 28 November 2011 - 09:57.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#12 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 16:04

I see this as EA being rather silly once again. I don't understand how they view this merging of studios and perhaps franchise as a relatively low-risk high reward decision. If a Bioware studio is going to develop a new C&C game, the decision will raise the expectations by a lot, and if they don't manage to reach or exceed said expectations, I can imagine people will, like SquigPie said, downrate the game, which will in turn lead to decreased customer loyalty, and thus less revenue for future releases (not that C&C4 exerted any good influence in the sense of customer loyalty).
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#13 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:37

AFAIK they have not merged..recently Bioware has been promoted from being a studio to a label. Victory which was presumable developing CnC has been bought under the Bioware label. So its the same ppl doing the dev, but they have tagged the Bioware name just as a marketing gimmick.

#14 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:29

LOL

#15 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:35

View PostRaven, on 07 December 2011 - 07:29, said:

Wait a minute, you browse /v/!

Still, pretty funny for a CAD comic.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#16 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:11

Where is the 'shoot the tank without need to choose options' option?
Posted Image

#17 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 14:29

LOL indeed!

But seriously, I trust Bioware will do a better job with a C&C title than what EA did in C&C4, it was utterly shit imho.

#18 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 08 December 2011 - 00:34

Part of the reason C&C4 sucked so much in my opinion is cause the dev team knew they were going to lose they're jobs after it was done.

I'll reserve judgment on this game until I actually see some gameplay and get some info on it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#19 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:22

View PostSquigPie, on 07 December 2011 - 07:35, said:

??????

Saw this on my google buzz feed

#20 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:45

View PostRaven, on 08 December 2011 - 02:22, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 07 December 2011 - 07:35, said:

??????

Saw this on my google buzz feed

Really?

Some asshole always dump CAD comics on /v/ with the words LOL as text. The miscarriage edits are almost instantanious. /v/ really hates CAD.

Still, it's mostly agreed that they can be pretty good when actually concerning video games and not just the private affairs of his Gary Stu character.

Eeeh. A bit of a side track. Excuse me.

Edited by SquigPie, 08 December 2011 - 07:45.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#21 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:02

I know nothing about CAD comics and posted this up since it concerned CnC :P.

#22 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:47

http://forums.cncnz....ioware-rumours/

comments?

#23 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:45

I also saw this earlier today. Although it can be just a plant to incite the rumors, it is becoming highly likely that a new CnC would get announced soon. If all goes as expected, we would see the announcement tomorrow during the spikes

#24 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 13:10

so... it actually is generals 2?

wow. this could be interesting.
it's time to wake up

#25 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 14:01

Not confirmed yet, but most likely. If it's generals 2, hopefully it's generals 2 NOT just a game called generals 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users