←  Game Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

FTL - Faster Than Light

TheDR's Photo TheDR 29 Mar 2012

FTL, Faster than Light, is a game coming to Windows, Mac & Linux made by Justin Ma and Matthew Davis. It features a blend of exploration, discovery, ship management and real time strategic combat that creates an experience quite unlike other games in its genre.

I thought I give this a quick post here just in case anyone is interested.
Their Kickstarter ends soon (it's become a bit of a trend now) and so does any chance of getting the game for cheap and supporting the developers.
Edited by TheDR, 29 March 2012 - 10:09.

Raven's Photo Raven 30 Mar 2012

Looks pretty interesting. I thought this was like Space Pirated and Zombies..but its different. I'd keep this on my RADAR.

Raven's Photo Raven 15 Sep 2012

Now available on steam.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 15 Sep 2012

Just gave it a go and I really like it 8|

Very early days, but looks like great fun |8

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 23 Sep 2012

It's so punishing but so fun. Can't really explain it myself.

Wizard's Photo Wizard 24 Sep 2012

View PostBeefJeRKy, on 23 September 2012 - 22:38, said:

It's so punishing but so fun. Can't really explain it myself.
Indoo.

There are some flaws in the game. The lack of variety in ship and weapon designs is frustrating, as is the fact that you can actually achieve more with the basic ship than with any of the others. The perma-death situation is a nice touch, but it needs to be an option rather than the norm (although you can exploit it by backing up your continue.sav file). I saw a very well thought out comment on the game by a user on Steam that explains what is lacking with FTL very well.

But inspite of all this, it's immensely fun to play :D

Slye_Fox's Photo Slye_Fox 24 Sep 2012

Anyone got the Crystalline Cruiser yet?

Wizard's Photo Wizard 24 Sep 2012

View PostSlye_Fox, on 24 September 2012 - 10:59, said:

Anyone got the Crystalline Cruiser yet?

Nope :duh:

Raven's Photo Raven 25 Sep 2012

Wanted to get this badly..but currently overloaded with other games..I heard that one play through takes only about 2 hours?

Amdrial's Photo Amdrial 26 Sep 2012

Yeah, but you can play through the game many different times in different manners. Each time you play the game, you have a differently generated universe you can explore, not to mention the variety of tactics and possibilities you can use with the different types of ships you can unlock.

Raven's Photo Raven 27 Sep 2012

Sounds interesting..will definitely give it a try.