Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

47 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:54

Yes it's here. 11/13/12.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UWUHaQ-wkkM <-le reveal trailer plus zombies announcement

A little synopsis of the revealed plot would be that Woods survived due to some technological invention, and is now an old man in 2025. The battlefield have been revolutionized to include massive unmanned weapon systems. However, "what happens when the enemy steals the keys?"

I think I saw a clip of controlling a jet-ish thing or two in the trailer.

#2 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:26

Call of Halo: Ghost Ops? :P

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 02 May 2012 - 05:31.

#3 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:02

That does not inspire any form of hope in me at all. Not a single FPS shot, just lots of behind-the-wheel shots. Call of Duty: Battlefield Ops? Not their forte, stay away imo.
For there can be no death without life.

#4 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:42

Dear god not fucking Woods again... and the campaign is basically Terminator 3 except without all the cool stuff.

Edited by Chyros, 02 May 2012 - 11:42.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:45

I'm trying to figure out if there's still a franchise from which they didn't rip something off to make this "game"...
Guns and drones are from Halo, Mechs are from BF2142, planes are basically Orcas, and even the horses make it seem like they've tried to rip off one of the good parts from Red Dead Redemption :P

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:00

RIP Originality. We hardly knew you.

I'm actually surprised they were able to fit horses in as they've flogged so many dead ones with this franchise, you'd have thought they'd have run out :/

#7 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:30

Yep.....Looks like shit :/

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#8 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 14:02

This image describes perfectly the entirety of the game :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#9 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 14:33

View PostTheDR, on 02 May 2012 - 14:02, said:

This image describes perfectly the entirety of the game :P

Why not ?
Video may look unrelated but you will see something very related inside :P

#10 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 14:53

So CoD finally moved from "SO REAL ELITE SOLDIERS!" to Space Marines.

One cliche to the next.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#11 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 15:24

lol...I just saw this news, it look like its a complete salad. Perhaps Activision wants to tread on BF territory with this. With COD brand hype, they have good chance of taking some of the BF share regardless of whether BLOPS2 sucks or not.
-----------------
Edit: Damn...they even plan for a non-linear story. You can make decision which change the story...its a real Salad.
Edit2: It even has an RTS mode!!!!

Interview videos on GT

Edited by Raven, 02 May 2012 - 15:48.

#12 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 17:51

Oh I see, they are trying to make it look like Metal Gear Solid 4, no fucking way man, no fucking way, sorry Treyarch, it will never be as epic as MGS, you work for dead end :P

#13 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 20:13

View PostGeneral, on 02 May 2012 - 17:51, said:

Oh I see, they are trying to make it look like Metal Gear Solid 4, no fucking way man, no fucking way, sorry Treyarch, it will never be as epic as MGS, you work for dead end :P

"You see, the Woods that got blown up was not the real Woods, but a clone created by Russian nanomachines. Also, his name Woods, mean several gatherings of trees, only when Woods is reduced to Wood, can nanomachines cease existing, or something, also, you didn't ride a real horse, that was an AI. And Reznov wasn't imaginary, he was actually the result of selfhypnotisation, nanomachines, and self-hypnotised nanomachines."

Edited by SquigPie, 02 May 2012 - 20:18.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#14 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 02 May 2012 - 23:38

I think it looks neat, not going to buy it though :P.

Also Woods actually didn't die in Black Ops, he was actually in some prison or something IIRC.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#15 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 00:33

View PostSoul, on 02 May 2012 - 23:38, said:

Also Woods actually didn't die in Black Ops, he was actually in some prison or something IIRC.
That doesn't mean the developers shouldn't have killed him off though :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:17

Apparently the PC version comes with DX11 and high end machines seems to have better graphics. It seems that they are using this to lay the platform for the next gen consoles.

#17 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 03 May 2012 - 22:05

The IGN article I saw screams bribed to me.

Let me just get it so you guys can see.
http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1224070p1.html (Man I'm bad at linking in this new format :/)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#18 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:03

View PostSoul, on 03 May 2012 - 22:05, said:

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1224070p1.html (Man I'm bad at linking in this new format :/)

It's IGN.

They're like a slightly more mainstream Kotaku.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#19 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:18

View PostSoul, on 03 May 2012 - 22:05, said:

Of course, list me the EA games which have bad ratings on IGN :P

#20 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:56

Lamia as ever not saying anything from 18:32 on, and David Vonderlarp at 20:45 and on. I love how they rebrand mechanics that have existed since CoD 4 as "totally new".
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:57

Why do you even bother watching these things, Chyros?

It's been obvious that Call of Duty is a lost cause for years now.

Posted Image

#22 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:51

View PostAlias, on 16 August 2012 - 10:57, said:

Is that a serious question? You know Chyros is a CoD Fanboy and will still buy their games even though he says the opposite, he did it with Bollops and MW3 after all :P

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#23 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:36

View PostCJ, on 16 August 2012 - 11:51, said:

View PostAlias, on 16 August 2012 - 10:57, said:

Is that a serious question? You know Chyros is a CoD Fanboy and will still buy their games even though he says the opposite, he did it with Bollops and MW3 after all :P
Nonsense, I will definitely not buy this one. The reason I'm watching it is to see how badly they've fucked it up. My conclusion was that they left in all the bad things Treyarch do as standard, and amplified other existing ones, then threw in a dash of extra noobness. It's revolting, but very amusing to see how Vahn fucks up everything he touches.

Also, just to be clear, I still maintain MW3 is a well-designed game in many ways. The only things wrong with it is that they made the weapons and especially the maps catastrophically boring. Why I bought Black Ops I do not know, for there is no way to defend this decision, tbh.

Edited by Chyros, 16 August 2012 - 12:38.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 15:34

This is now different from MW how exactly?

#25 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 16:59

View PostWizard, on 16 August 2012 - 15:34, said:

This is now different from MW how exactly?
Would you REALLY want to know? :P
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users