Posted 26 February 2018 - 13:06

Ya
Posted Image

#280127 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 13:23

Speaking Chinese is easy though. Just drop a metal bucket down a flight of stairs and then you have Chinese for "good morning".
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280128 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 13:31

View PostChyros, on 26 February 2018 - 13:23, said:

Speaking Chinese is easy though. Just drop a metal bucket down a flight of stairs and then you have Chinese for "good morning".

Speaking Dutch is easier. Just shout out random half English half German words and there you will have it!

Also: today i will eat your favourite food at dinner Chyros. Cauliflower with a bunch of other vegetables. |8 0 meat, 0 fun 8|

#280129 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 19:37

View PostGeneral, on 26 February 2018 - 13:31, said:

Speaking Dutch is easier. Just shout out random half English half German words and there you will have it!

Also: today i will eat your favourite food at dinner Chyros. Cauliflower with a bunch of other vegetables. |8 0 meat, 0 fun 8|
Oh god, and I hate cauliflower, too D:!
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280130 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 20:15

View PostChyros, on 26 February 2018 - 19:37, said:

View PostGeneral, on 26 February 2018 - 13:31, said:

Oh god, and I hate cauliflower, too D:!

Don't worry, this kid will eat it for you:

#280131 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 20:16

Posted Image

Snowed in over here. This stuff is never gonna clear. Posted Image
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#280132 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 20:44

Holy shit Bob, are you safe!?

#280133 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 21:08

Don't worry. We've stocked up on several months worth of food. I think we can survive on rationing.

On an unrelated note, this:

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#280134 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 21:38

I will watch that at some point.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#280135 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:08

I will point that at some watch.

#280136 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:46

...WHICH LOOSENS TEETH AND ROTS YOUR PUTRID EYES
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280137 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:33

ARE YOU THREATENING US WITH CHEMICALS!? >:(

#280138 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:35

Only if it pleases you.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#280139 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:42

Oooh yes, sit back and relax, give Chyros' toxins more time to work! :sly:

#280140 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:42

An otter in a hat!
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280141 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:58

I doubt that.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#280142 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:02

ARRRRRGH, why couldn't Diablo 3 just be like Diablo 2 and be completely amazing ffs?!
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280143 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:22

Reasons.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#280144 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 13:03

View PostChyros, on 27 February 2018 - 11:02, said:

ARRRRRGH, why couldn't Diablo 3 just be like Diablo 2 and be completely amazing ffs?!

It is great. But just once, amazingness fades after completing once.
They are basically same, with Diablo 3 having much better graphics/animations/effects.

I have many favourite games from my childhood which i completed many times. But i don't think i would be able to play them with the same enthusiasm right now.

Perhaps you enjoy the classic ones better because there is something very appealing about the design? Gameplay surely can't be better. It is extremely poor, animations are limited and characters move around like blocks.

#280145 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:30

I saw the trailers. Pretty good stuff.
Posted Image

#280146 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:53

View PostGeneral, on 27 February 2018 - 13:03, said:

They are basically same, with Diablo 3 having much better graphics/animations/effects.

I have many favourite games from my childhood which i completed many times. But i don't think i would be able to play them with the same enthusiasm right now.

Perhaps you enjoy the classic ones better because there is something very appealing about the design? Gameplay surely can't be better. It is extremely poor, animations are limited and characters move around like blocks.
There are two things I disliked the most.

1) The skills unlocked are the same on every run. This means that there is no strategy involved with which skills to pick, and nowhere near as much reward when doing so either (nor is there any replay value, as every run is fundamentally the same).

2) The items have a much less diverse attribute pool. I understand that this has been partially fixed, however weapons are still fundamentally just 3 stat boosters. Previously you attacked with the weapon itself, so there were a lot more factors to consider and combinations possible, with the primary attributes revolving around the weapon's INTEGRAL damage, range, rate of attack, and magic modifiers. In D3 weapons simply represent a % modifier to your magic attacks and don't mean anything on their own.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280147 General

Rude, but fair

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 16:14

View PostChyros, on 27 February 2018 - 15:53, said:

View PostGeneral, on 27 February 2018 - 13:03, said:

There are two things I disliked the most.

1) The skills unlocked are the same on every run. This means that there is no strategy involved with which skills to pick, and nowhere near as much reward when doing so either (nor is there any replay value, as every run is fundamentally the same).

2) The items have a much less diverse attribute pool. I understand that this has been partially fixed, however weapons are still fundamentally just 3 stat boosters. Previously you attacked with the weapon itself, so there were a lot more factors to consider and combinations possible, with the primary attributes revolving around the weapon's INTEGRAL damage, range, rate of attack, and magic modifiers. In D3 weapons simply represent a % modifier to your magic attacks and don't mean anything on their own.

I agree on those. Might aswell automatically update the skills instead of letting the player choose, since unlocked skills are more useful and powerful anyway (Didn't test on all hero types but i assume it is similiar)

But i enjoyed the story so i don't complain much. Since the story of singleplayer games is important to me. Gameplay is just ok though.

#280148 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:52

I've got that word, I've got that tune.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280149 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:32

Man, I really miss War Thunder. It was great blasting everyone with those crazy ammo types. Semi-armour piercing high-explosive incendiary tracer rounds FTW!
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#280150 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:40

Oh surre.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

242 user(s) are reading this topic