Super Smash Bros Brawl

317 replies to this topic

#1 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 17:46

**There's been a thread about it before but that one is ages old and didn't really take off**

Who else is looking forward to the sequel of the awesome SSBM? I sure as hell am and I love Nintendo for the daily updates on the website. Sure, some updates revealed things that were kind of obvious and others seemed a bit redundant but regardless of good or bad, these updates make me more curious about the game which will be released sometime in autumn.

What do you think of the game? Any wishes concerning new characters, stages or game-modes?
Discuss anything Brawl-related here, perhaps it eases the waiting :)

For those who didn't keep track of the updates, here's a brief summary

Confirmed Characters:
Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Zelda, Pit, Wario

Gameplay:
Basic Rules & How To Play
Ultra-Smash; An item that - once collected - allows you to use a character-specific special-attack

Game-Modes:
4 kinds of control; Wiimote, Wiimote+Nunchuck, GC-pad, Classic SNES Style Controller
Names; Players can create accounts which save their favoured controller-style

Stages:
Battlefield, Piazza Delfino, Yoshis Island, Lylat Patrol

Items:
Sticky Bomb, a cannon that shoots firecrackers, boxes and barrels, a banana, Pokeball

Other stuff:
Characters who are known to be in because they appeared in trailers: Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus, Solid Snake
Stages who are known to be in because they appeared in trailers: Halberd, some greek temple, a castle, Pokemon-Stadium

#2 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 18:44

Smash Bros. rocks hard, and Brawl looks sweet...you can play as Solid Snake, for Odin's sake!
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 29 June 2007 - 19:19

I can't wait for this game. It's one of the reasons I bought a Wii, along with Twilight Princess.

I'm glad you don't have to use the regular wii controller, I'm going to be breaking out my gamecube one or the classic controller.
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#4 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:38

are they still gonna have solid snake?

he is not on the website anymore

#5 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:27

He's never been as the website pretty much started by zero concerning the confirmation of new stuff, but he will be in because he appeared in trailers and screenshots. Same thing applies to ZSS and Meta Knight. I think the project leader said that there'll be one, perhaps two more 3rd party characters. Since both of them have appeared on Nintendo-systems, my money is on Sonic and Megaman here.

#6 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:29

^ Possible thread hijack?

Anyway... I've played and enjoyed the original Super Smash Bros. It's really a great game to play with friends. I will be looking forward to this installment of the series.

Would be interesting to play this using the movements on a WiiMote...
Posted Image

#7 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:00

``Discuss anything Brawl-related here´´

``^ Possible thread hijack?´´

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

FYI (I'm reading that you played the old N64 game) it's been said that the game will include some characters from a third party. Solid Snake will be in and he is from Konami. The justification for this is that there have been Metal Gear games on the NES. Additional 1-2 characters are POSSIBLE and I just said that Sonic and Megaman are possible choices in my opinion. Sonic is from Sega but once they went down, they released Sonic-remakes on Nintendo-platforms. Megaman is from Capcom and started on the NES. Both are also very well known and would fit the game nicely since appropriate move-sets for them would be well possible.

Edited by Rayburn, 30 June 2007 - 08:02.

#8 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:15

There have been discussions about Sonic joining in as a third party character. I wonder....
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#9 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:50

I would like to try this game, but I don't own any of the required systems. :( (Are the releasing it for PC?)
Writing Thread

#10 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:06

it's wii- exclusive
Sig and avy by yours truly
Posted Image

#11 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:10

That's dumb. >.< Wait, didn't I hear something about it working on a Gamecube? I have one of those in a box somewhere.
Writing Thread

#12 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:11

The game doesn't work on the GC BUT you can play the game on Wii with a GC-controller which is quite an interesting feature if I may add.

Edited by Rayburn, 01 July 2007 - 07:11.

#13 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 22:16

Yeah, Sonic was the most highly-voted 3rd party character in an online poll they did. Personally I want to see Bomberman!

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#14 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:09

Today's Update
Definately one of the better updates we've got so far. An interesting item.
I guess it works like the Pokeball just that the NPCs inside can be from numerous games.
Three of them are a Hammer Bro, a Nintendog and that Samurai dude from F-Zero *hopes for Ridley to be in*

Edited by Rayburn, 02 July 2007 - 07:09.

#15 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:58

Today's update, Bowser is confirmed as a returning character.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#16 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:03

Nice. It'll be interesting to see what other 3rd party characters get included.

Come on, bomberman...

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#17 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:19

View PostMathias, on 3 Jul 2007, 13:58, said:

Today's update, Bowser is confirmed as a returning character.

I noticed, even if it's about returning characters, character-related updates are my favourites.
Bowser is cool. He used to be clumsy and slow but he was fun to play with.

I wonder which old chars will be scrapped. My guess would be Young Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario.

#18 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:23

Wario Waft? LMAO

Posted Image

#19 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:25

I still wish they could have used the classic purple/yellow clothing for Wario. He should be an interesting character to play with though.
Personally, I can't wait to try MetaKnight. Finally an antagonist for Kirby. I guess he'll be a secret character who has to be unlocked though.

#20 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 03 July 2007 - 17:24

View PostRayburn, on 3 Jul 2007, 8:19, said:

I wonder which old chars will be scrapped. My guess would be Young Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario.

I agree, they kinda sucked.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#21 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 17:33

I would probably buy a Wii and SSBB just to play with Megaman and Bomberman (If they put them in). ;)

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#22 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 18:05

View PostSoul, on 3 Jul 2007, 19:24, said:

View PostRayburn, on 3 Jul 2007, 8:19, said:

I agree, they kinda sucked.

Well, Young Link wasn't necessarily bad. He was quicker and more nimble than his older equivalent. His arrows packed more punch IIRC and I think his jumps where better as well. On the other side, he had worse range, was lighter and therefore easier to throw away. The actual reason why I wouldn't mind him get scrapped is that he is kind of redundant, especially for Brawl since his last appearance in an actual Zelda game was two consoles ago. Basically, he was also nothing more than a Link-clone with slightly different stats. A similar thing applies to Doctor Mario, jsut that his stat changes are even more subtle and not really good. Pichu was just plain bad. His attacks caused recoil-damage and his sole advantage over Pikachu was his size. Pikachu already IS very small so that bit didn't matter much.

I wonder what other new chars will be put in. There are discussions about Ridley from Metroid being in as the arch-enemy of Samus. They even recomposed his theme-song but that's not necessarily a sign. He might be an NPC, either through the Helper-Trophy or as a Boss in Adventure Mode. IF he's a playable character, he'll kick arse though. The only problem is that he'll have to be resized. He'll be no bigger than Bowser then.

#23 Mr. Mylo

The Transporter

• Project Team
  • 2334 posts
  • Projects: CnC Unleashed; CnC The Rise of the Reds

Posted 03 July 2007 - 18:33

i hope jigglypuff is back in game...im not real a big pokemon fan but is was fun to play with the thing...
Posted Image
sig by the_Dr - you are the best
Posted Image
here look at my artwork: KLICK ME
Posted Image

#24 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 18:53

It probably will as it's been there since Super Smash Bros 64. It's not really the usefulness nor the uniqueness, it's tradition.
I guess you'll get Jigglypuff by simply beating one of the game modes. It's been like that before and they'll probably keep it that way.

#25 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:34

Today's Update, Bowser's Final Smash
Just. Plain. Awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users