Plans of your life

54 replies to this topic

#51 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 20 February 2008 - 13:48

My dream is to become a fictional book author but that's unlikely as I'm a bit too radical in my writing style to be considered avant garde. My writing is more akin to scripts maybe I'll get lucky someday.

Edited by Overdose, 20 February 2008 - 13:49.

Posted Image

#52 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 14:55

Good luck with that. Sure it'll be nice to write your books on that new boat of yours ;)

#53 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 21 February 2008 - 13:46

View PostOverdose, on 20 Feb 2008, 21:48, said:

My dream is to become a fictional book author but that's unlikely as I'm a bit too radical in my writing style to be considered avant garde. My writing is more akin to scripts maybe I'll get lucky someday.

Don't let that stop you. Just write. Don't worry about anything. Write whatever you want. Maybe send some things for publishing. Don't be afraid that your work is different. Embrace your talent.
In the creative world, the great works are always radical. They are always immediate failures and subject to repeated dismissal. But they always become great.

Look at Shakespeare. Look at the great Broadway Musicals.

The greatest were always so radical that their audiences dismissed them.
It challenged the audience and that's what the world needs.

New ideas to challenge the social mainstream.

You, sir, are a brilliant writer and are in the perfect position to bring new literary thought to the world.

Never be afraid to challenge. That's what the mind is for.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I've seen your work in the Dark Comedy Hour thread and I can see them being quite well realised in the theatre as monologues. So I agree with your comparison with scriptwriting.

Edited by CoLT, 21 February 2008 - 13:48.

Posted Image

#54 LCPL Carrow

You want my guns? Come take 'em!

• 753 posts
  • Projects: ZH Unleashed

Posted 23 February 2008 - 20:58

Finish my hitch in the Marine Corps, move to North Shore, and surf.

No really, that's all.
Semper Fidelis

0311 Rifleman

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Aqua> 0311 Roflemen.

#55 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 23 February 2008 - 21:20

I'm with Overdose a bit. I'd like to do some writing, poetry and such as well as journalism. However, I also think that lobbying would be a good way to earn money, especially if I only wanted it as capital to fund some of my other ideas.
~SLG
kinda, sorta alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users