1362 replies to this topic

#526 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:45

View PostCrazykenny, on 1 Jul 2008, 16:55, said:

Have you have seen the Kirov Battlecruiser and Typhoon submarines. I think our naval power is equal, maybe even better then that of the US :P

as Krieger and Swimmer say, US Navy is much better and larger then Russian. It is known fact that you cant change. When you will imagine this: It is year 203?, three decades of the russian prosperity, their armies grown in technology, but dont think that Russia is alone with advancing. US also advance so when Russian navy is larger and better, US Navy is also better, and because US had more skills with ships, I think they are much better than Russian. The same is with Air Force. Russia always was, is and will be behind US with navy and air force.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#527 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 15:10

Im was talking about reality mate :P In the mod, I dunno, could be I'm not sure. But then again, I cant really say anything to the public yet :D
Posted Image

#528 LCPL Carrow

You want my guns? Come take 'em!

• 753 posts
  • Projects: ZH Unleashed

Posted 03 July 2008 - 23:43

I think he was talking about real life too, brah. And he's right.
Semper Fidelis

0311 Rifleman

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
Posted Image
Posted Image

<Aqua> 0311 Roflemen.

#529 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:08

Um, Crazykenny, I do think I have to apologize to you, but well, keep tempo, please.

As for the navy thing, US is definitely better.

#530 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:18

so the situation in Europe is:
Russia conquest Germany and now try to attack France and Netherland (is it right?), ECA build heavy defence on France/Belgia (right?)-German border and USA attack on Russia via air units and defend Netherland.

Is that right?
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#531 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:29

View PostVolen Metalic, on 4 Jul 2008, 5:18, said:

so the situation in Europe is:
Russia conquest Germany and now try to attack France and Netherland (is it right?), ECA build heavy defence on France/Belgia (right?)-German border and USA attack on Russia via air units and defend Netherland.

Is that right?

Pretty much :dope:

And people, take your time to look at the storyline the ROTR team posted before posting here :read:
Posted Image

#532 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:53

View PostCrazykenny, on 4 Jul 2008, 8:29, said:

And people, take your time to look at the storyline the ROTR team posted before posting here :dope:

what do you mean by this?
Posted Image

#533 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:07

I think it's time the fight grew a little larger.

Tovarish Kommandyr JB of the VKS reporting for duty, Sir.
We have the capability to provide you with missile defence, but given the forward deployment and great need for our S-300 and S-400 units for dedicated anti-aircraft duty, we can only be sure of protecting Moscow at any given time with the emplaced A-135 system. We also are able to provide orbital reconnaissance, GLONASS targeting and positioning systems and extensive radar coverage. Please be aware that American ARM strikes and interference at Baikonur Cosmodrome has created gaps in our southernmost warning networks; I would respectfully suggest deploying units of the VVS to the area until Operation Old Glory restores the systems to working condition.
As for on-orbit capability, we have two Angara launch vehicles currently active; pending authorisation, these can deploy payloads of up to 70 tons into selected orbits, making it possible to place heavy, possibly weaponised units, though our estimates of American and Chinese ASAT capabilities precludes anything but careful deployment. Also, the Onega rockets are currently in the final testing phases; we should be able to deliver the militarised Kliper shuttles within the next six months. It will be interesting to gauge the American's reactions. We also have forty Soyuz-U launch vehicles in reserve; these are suitable for delivery of reconnaissance or GLONASS satellites, though again ASAT systems present an unknown quantity.

Our orders?

Edited by CommanderJB, 04 July 2008 - 12:33.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#534 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 15:31

View PostCommanderJB, on 4 Jul 2008, 12:07, said:

We have the capability to provide you with missile defence, but given the forward deployment and great need for our S-300 and S-400 units for dedicated anti-aircraft duty, we can only be sure of protecting Moscow at any given time with the emplaced A-135 system. We also are able to provide orbital reconnaissance, GLONASS targeting and positioning systems and extensive radar coverage. Please be aware that American ARM strikes and interference at Baikonur Cosmodrome has created gaps in our southernmost warning networks; I would respectfully suggest deploying units of the VVS to the area until Operation Old Glory restores the systems to working condition.
As for on-orbit capability, we have two Angara launch vehicles currently active; pending authorisation, these can deploy payloads of up to 70 tons into selected orbits, making it possible to place heavy, possibly weaponised units, though our estimates of American and Chinese ASAT capabilities precludes anything but careful deployment. Also, the Onega rockets are currently in the final testing phases; we should be able to deliver the militarised Kliper shuttles within the next six months. It will be interesting to gauge the American's reactions. We also have forty Soyuz-U launch vehicles in reserve; these are suitable for delivery of reconnaissance or GLONASS satellites, though again ASAT systems present an unknown quantity.

Our orders?

I have few questions:

1) Why you choose Russia, they have plenty of men?
2) Did u see in RotR A-135 system? And what is it?
3) What is ARM?
4) What is VVS?
5) Did u see in RotR Angara launch vehicle?
6) What is ASAT? And did u see it in RotR?
7) Did u see in RotR Onega rockets?
8) What is GLONASS and did u see it in RotR?
9) What is Kliper shuttles and did u see it in RotR?
10) Did u see Soyuz-U launch vehicle in RotR?
Posted Image

#535 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 20:19

View PostVolen Metalic, on 4 Jul 2008, 10:53, said:

View PostCrazykenny, on 4 Jul 2008, 8:29, said:

And people, take your time to look at the storyline the ROTR team posted before posting here 8|

what do you mean by this?

To keep the fights more realistic. It wasnt meant to be applied to you, I just said it in general.
Posted Image

#536 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:51

View PostVolen Metalic, on 5 Jul 2008, 1:31, said:

View PostCommanderJB, on 4 Jul 2008, 12:07, said:

Our orders?

I have few questions:

1) Why you choose Russia, they have plenty of men?
2) Did u see in RotR A-135 system? And what is it?
3) What is ARM?
4) What is VVS?
5) Did u see in RotR Angara launch vehicle?
6) What is ASAT? And did u see it in RotR?
7) Did u see in RotR Onega rockets?
8) What is GLONASS and did u see it in RotR?
9) What is Kliper shuttles and did u see it in RotR?
10) Did u see Soyuz-U launch vehicle in RotR?

To answer:
1. Because I happen to like Russia. They have exceptionally cool and powerful technology, and while I haven't been following the thread very closely their 'troops' appear to be somewhat disinterested in posting with the notable exception of Crazykenny. Also, I have no particular inclination of joining China or the GLA, and the USA and ECA appear to be well manned and active. Plus Russia is at war with basically everyone; at least the USA and ECA appear to be fighting on the same side at the moment.
2. The A-135 system is the world's only operational missile defence network, comprising multiple radars, communications sites, tracking facilities and two sets of missile 'kill vehicles', one for use on targets inside the atmosphere and the other one with enough range to kill enemy missiles while they are still in space. This system does not appear in RotR but there is no reason to suppose that Russia wouldn't have it, and it doesn't breach any of the rules about missile defence because it's limited to covering only Moscow given the fact that the second set of missiles (the exo-atmospheric kill vehicles) are not operational, and Moscow itself is not a viable target while the German front is still active.
3. ARM stands for Anti-Radiation Missiles. These are missiles which home in on the emissions produced by enemy radar installations and are optimised for killing them, hence why they have destroyed the radars.
4. The VVS (Voenno-Vozdushnye Sily) is the Russian Air Force (it literally translates to 'Military Air Forces').
5. No; but it is consistent with the timeline, and there is no reason to assume that it would not be present.
6. ASAT is a 'backronym' of Anti-SATellite. Really rather self-explanatory.
7. As Onega rockets are simply enhanced Soyuz launch vehicles capable of launching the Kliper shuttle, and are consistent with the RotR timeline, there is no reason to suppose these would not exist; along with another upgraded version of the Soyuz-U (the current primary launch vehicle used by Russia; they look almost identical to the Soyuz Missiles in-game, but have fewer, separate boosters) it is highly possible that these are the rockets seen on the pad in the RotR 1.0 mission 'Old Glory'.
8. GLONASS is the Russian version of the Global Positioning System. It's currently partially active, and should be fully operational in a couple of years. I have not seen this in any current RotR updates (at least I don't think so - there might have been an upgrade or ability which mentioned it, I'm not sure); but it is consistent with the timeline, and there is no reason to assume that it would not be present.
9. For the RotR reference, as with 5. & 8. For what it is, the Kliper ('Clipper') is a small, seven-person 'mini-shuttle' which is boosted into orbit on the top of an Onega rocket, performs its needed tasks (mostly delivery & transfer or crew members to orbiting space stations) and then executes a controlled glide back to Earth, landing on any class one military runway. For more information, see here.
10. See 7.

Happy?

Edited by CommanderJB, 05 July 2008 - 07:53.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#537 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 15:00

Lets see:

4) ok, I will know this and respect it

2), 5), 6), 7), 8), 9), 10)

CommanderJB said:

but it is consistent with the timeline, and there is no reason to assume that it would not be present.

This answer is irrelevant. You only say that it could be there because it is in the timeline of the RotR. Any US player could say he use Abrams and Longbows or NLOS Cannons and when any Russian say as me: "Did you see it in any RotR update?", he could say as you: "It is in timeline of RotR and there is no reason to assume that it will not be here." Do you understand that? Use known units and terms of RotR
Posted Image

#538 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 15:23

I'm sorry, but the topic of this thread is somewhere away from here. If you would care to follow me down this merry path we might find it.

Back to the topic people, and no I don't care if I've interrupted someone mid argument.

#539 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 17:30

View PostDauth, on 5 Jul 2008, 15:23, said:

I'm sorry, but the topic of this thread is somewhere away from here. If you would care to follow me down this merry path we might find it.

Back to the topic people, and no I don't care if I've interrupted someone mid argument.

for now I am out of RP and others dont care about this because 80% of ECA players go out or was kicked

Edited by Volen Metalic, 05 July 2008 - 17:31.

Posted Image

#540 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:38

My apologies Dauth, but because this does directly affect the thread I will defend myself here.
Volen, let me put it to you this way: Have you actually seen the King Raptor or Solar Blast in any RotR update? No, you haven't but there's no reason to assume they would not be present. If something is timeline-consistent, does not interfere with any other aspect of the mod and moreover makes sense, then unless I have a post from a mod leader specifically telling me to cease-and-desist, which I will of course abide by, then I will continue to use sensible, non-key pieces of technology. It's my way of introducing interest and variety into the debate.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#541 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:41

Meet the Generals, to be posted shortly. :P

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#542 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:54

View PostComr4de, on 6 Jul 2008, 1:41, said:

Meet the Generals, to be posted shortly. :P

*Laughs maniacally*
Excellent.
Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostInsomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#543 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:28

And yet again the Russians prevail :P
Posted Image

#544 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:27

View PostCommanderJB, on 6 Jul 2008, 1:38, said:

My apologies Dauth, but because this does directly affect the thread I will defend myself here.
Volen, let me put it to you this way: Have you actually seen the King Raptor or Solar Blast in any RotR update? No, you haven't but there's no reason to assume they would not be present. If something is timeline-consistent, does not interfere with any other aspect of the mod and moreover makes sense, then unless I have a post from a mod leader specifically telling me to cease-and-desist, which I will of course abide by, then I will continue to use sensible, non-key pieces of technology. It's my way of introducing interest and variety into the debate.

Yes, I dont know there is King Raptor, i never say that, but when you will search, RotR team say there will be Solar Blast (look on 1st page of this topic and you will find it), and because they said that, it will be true. Also when you will search on old and this RP TotR topic, you will find that I nearly always use units that are known for ECA, maybe two times I use something that werent be here (I dont know this surely)

Comr4de said:

Meet the Generals, to be posted shortly. smile.gif

What this means, 'shorty'?
Posted Image

#545 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:51

Shortly means 'soon' or 'in a short space of time'. Shorty is a demeaning term for the vertically challenged.

I know you never claimed that King Raptors were in the mod, though other members posting here did on the previous stage. Same with the navy thing. After all, according to the team RotR isn't going to have a navy at this stage, so for all we know the nations won't have any ships at all and the oceans will be empty, right? Well, of course, for the purposes of the roleplay we all assume they will, because it makes it more interesting that way and makes sense. Which is just what I'm doing with the Russian rockets etc. So no hard feelings, right?

(Oh, and with the Solar Blast, admittedly that wasn't a very good example. All I was trying to say was that it hadn't been in an update.)

Anyway, never mind about that. I need orders! How may I service the Motherland, my generals?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#546 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:28

When anyone of the RotR team say something about weapon that will be in the game, you will dont "respect" it because it wasnt in the game? With this you contradict yourself. On one side you say that if it isnt mentioned or said in update, it isnt surely here. aAnd on other side, you say that you use something, that there maybe is.

Comr4de's post by saying "What this means, 'shortly'?" I mean it ironicly, because when he say it one time, we wait 1-2 weeks for it.

And as you see, there arent many Russian generals that fight because it is now atracive when noone want to play because it is same like you will fight with AI, that dont do anything. Can you say me, how long you will attack to someone that dont react on you and only hid units defend myself because it is their basic AI?
Posted Image

#547 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:00

View PostVolen Metalic, on 6 Jul 2008, 22:28, said:

When anyone of the RotR team say something about weapon that will be in the game, you will dont "respect" it because it wasnt in the game? With this you contradict yourself. On one side you say that if it isnt mentioned or said in update, it isnt surely here. aAnd on other side, you say that you use something, that there maybe is.

I didn't say I 'disrespected' it, the point I was trying to make was that just because something hasn't been in an update doesn't necessarily mean it isn't in the game. Like I then said, it's not a good example.

Comr4de's post by saying "What this means, 'shortly'?" I mean it ironicly, because when he say it one time, we wait 1-2 weeks for it.

My apologies, sarcasm is somewhat difficult to pick up though text. I meant no offense.

And as you see, there arent many Russian generals that fight because it is now atracive when noone want to play because it is same like you will fight with AI, that dont do anything. Can you say me, how long you will attack to someone that dont react on you and only hid units defend myself because it is their basic AI?

I realise what you're saying is true, but do you honestly think it'd be any different if I'd 'joined' ECA instead? People simply seem to have lost interest in this thread, but there's not a lot I can do about it, really.

Anyway, I really don't want to take this any further. My apologies for misunderstandings and any offense I have caused, and I'll agree to disagree about the rockets thing, okay?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#548 Comr4de

DO IT MAGGOT

• Gold Member
  • 5630 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 06 July 2008 - 23:37

General Ibrahiim revealed!

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Posted Image

#549 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 00:52

View PostComr4de, on 7 Jul 2008, 0:37, said:

Working on revealing more in the thread :P

Nah he'll be fun, I might join in as the GLA with this guy.

#550 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 21:54

View PostGeneral FCS, on 30 Jun 2008, 8:12, said:

Su-37 is only a prototype, there's only one. Even if they are not, their missiles will be destroyed by PDL and their body will be penetrated by the Death Array of Avenger, upgraded with Focusing Crystal.

High altitude bomber you say? King Raptors can rip them apart. Also, they are not fast enough to reach ECA Dug-in Positions within one post, since they take off from Russia.

@Metalic: Yay I support you.

NO. This is not real life. and PDL can't shoot down something it can't lock onto.
*takes out HCCHS avenger*

Posted Image]

59 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 59 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook