1362 replies to this topic

#1226 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 26 September 2008 - 19:50

View PostGeneral FCS, on 26 Sep 2008, 20:30, said:

K Centric, I'm REALLY tired of you switching teams again and again now...

*XB-70 Aurora drops a MOAB Carpet bombing at Centric's position, Centric is barely alive and all of his forces destroyed*

You are right, Centric, its annoying ho you choose team when you think you could win. Choose your side and stay here until this RP will had any end. You cant simply say "Now I am ECA" because we lost and the same "Now I am with RUssia" because they are spreaded and weak, but had a large number of forces.

And FCS, I am mistaked. These Auroras are a classic ZH Auroras or some kind of new aircraft? because classic Auroras cant carry MOABs, MOAB is too large for a small bomber like Aurora.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1227 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 20:24

IIRC XB-70 was an experimental space-plane, and it should be big enough to carry at least 3 ZH sized MOAB.

#1228 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 20:49

View PostGeneral FCS, on 26 Sep 2008, 21:24, said:

IIRC XB-70 was an experimental space-plane, and it should be big enough to carry at least 3 ZH sized MOAB.

So it is plane big as B-52? Because in real MOABs were deployed from Hercules and after some improvements from B-52, but B-2 isnt improved for it. But this is ZH.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1229 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 20:55

The XB-70 Valkyrie supersonic bomber :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XB-70_Valkyrie

It never left prototype status, so perhaps the MOAB dropped by the B-3 Aurora was a fuel-air bomb, tactical nuke, or some other large explosive device?
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1230 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 21:09

View PostDerKrieger, on 26 Sep 2008, 21:55, said:

The XB-70 Valkyrie supersonic bomber :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XB-70_Valkyrie

It never left prototype status, so perhaps the MOAB dropped by the B-3 Aurora was a fuel-air bomb, tactical nuke, or some other large explosive device?

MOAB is somethink between fuel-air bomb and high-explosive bomb.
Posted Image

#1231 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 21:15

This is Kid, The Saints Are coming! I Repear, The Saints Are Coming!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1232 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 21:17

10-4, CAS en route.

*A-10 squadrons taking off*

#1233 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 21:47

This is Kid, I've found an american expeditionary force, gonna bring them to help us!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1234 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 21:51

Sgt Mjr Kid, can you give our pilots an authorization to communicate with this force?

#1235 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 22:17

View PostVolen Metalic, on 27 Sep 2008, 5:50, said:

View PostGeneral FCS, on 26 Sep 2008, 20:30, said:

K Centric, I'm REALLY tired of you switching teams again and again now...

*XB-70 Aurora drops a MOAB Carpet bombing at Centric's position, Centric is barely alive and all of his forces destroyed*

You are right, Centric, its annoying ho you choose team when you think you could win. Choose your side and stay here until this RP will had any end. You cant simply say "Now I am ECA" because we lost and the same "Now I am with RUssia" because they are spreaded and weak, but had a large number of forces.

And FCS, I am mistaked. These Auroras are a classic ZH Auroras or some kind of new aircraft? because classic Auroras cant carry MOABs, MOAB is too large for a small bomber like Aurora.

No, the reason I switched teams was the fact no one is playing or its boring.

@kid: did you get permission from Juniorgeneral to use those ?

Posted Image]

#1236 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 22:25

Units from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force have made an amphibious assault on occupied Marseilles, France under air cover from the USS Eisenhower carrier group. Marseilles' docks have been secured and more reinforcements are on the way.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1237 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 22:29

I'll see if I can get some Auroras to help you.

#1238 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:55

View PostGeneral FCS, on 27 Sep 2008, 6:24, said:

Does the fact that the XB-70 was cancelled in 1967 and you can barely fit a single MOAB, which must typically be radio-guided to a location, thus necessitating forward observers, in a C-130 Hercules, mean anything to you at all? Not to even mention the out-of-mod status? Using an impossible (even if its payload capacity was up to scratch to carry a single one - which I strongly doubt - where would you fit it on the airframe? Carried externally? There's never been a hardpoint in history capable of supporting nine tonnes!) non-mod unit to destroy an entire (mod-accurate) bloody armoured division is hardly what I'd call a fair action in this thread.
Also, @Kid, do I see Chapparals? Hmm. Don't you have Avengers for that? And... those surely couldn't be Abrams, could they? In an SWR related thread? I'd be afraid of losing my head for that if I were you...
And Centric's side-switching, while mildly distracting, has at least meant this thread is not dead. Would you prefer to be fighting against a double agent or nothing at all?

Reports are coming in of some kind of attack at Marseilles (World in Conflict reversed?). Hold one moment - satellite reconnaissance coming in now - looks like a major amphibious landing. This is most unfortunate. Comrade Centric, continue your attack on Northern France and the Netherlands - I'll deal with these...
Topol-M forces, you're clear to fire, coordinates 43°17′51″N, 5°22′38″E. Non-nuclear ordnance only, target the docks and port infrastructure.
*Two flights of twelve missiles leap clear of their launch tubes, and another flight of near-identical Bulava missiles ascends from Borei-class SSBNs from the Northern Fleet, travelling the brief distance across Western Russia and Eastern Europe. MIRVs eject, five per missile, and impact cranes, jetties, warehouses and loading docks. With the port area in flames, any further landings will require large amphibious forces.*
Very good. Now let's see about those remaining ships in the harbour...
*A small group of Oscar, Lada and Graney-class submarines concealed near Greece launch LACMs against the port. Provided with GPS navigation and using TERCOM, they loop overland and attack from the shore side, scattering mines across the city approaches before diving into several large amphibious ships already damaged by the ICBM strikes.*
It's unlikely this will do much more than slow them down - the US Marines are unfortunately well-equipped, but it should take them several weeks to resume the landings. Plus we have to deal with the forces already ashore. I suggest you take advantage of the mining carried out earlier and use VDV forces to secure the outskirts, preferably with a high emphasis on urban combat.

Edited by CommanderJB, 27 September 2008 - 02:47.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1239 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:44

Ah, but we do have AEGIS ships that can intercept ballistic missiles. Anyways...
We'll have to get the port facilities cleared and repaired so the Army can land heavy weaponry. We can still deploy further USMC reinforcements via LCAC and Osprey/helicopter. We also need to clear the mines near the port, hopefully we can get that done before the Army arrives. In the meantime, other Expeditionary Force units have landed at Genoa and are currently fighting Russian forces there. Air and naval support is being used to aid the landing force.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1240 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:09

View PostDerKrieger, on 27 Sep 2008, 12:44, said:

Ah, but we do have AEGIS ships that can intercept ballistic missiles. Anyways...

True, but I'd suggest you'd be hard-pressed to intercept sixty warheads all from ICBM buses that have the world's most modern countermeasures systems. At any rate, history has shown that you don't have to have a port to land an army, and unfortunately this is a lesson that is not in our favour. I'll be keeping a close watch on the situation, be assured of that.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1241 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:33

View PostCommanderJB, on 26 Sep 2008, 21:55, said:

View PostGeneral FCS, on 27 Sep 2008, 6:24, said:

Does the fact that the XB-70 was cancelled in 1967 and you can barely fit a single MOAB, which must typically be radio-guided to a location, thus necessitating forward observers, in a C-130 Hercules, mean anything to you at all? Not to even mention the out-of-mod status? Using an impossible (even if its payload capacity was up to scratch to carry a single one - which I strongly doubt - where would you fit it on the airframe? Carried externally? There's never been a hardpoint in history capable of supporting nine tonnes!) non-mod unit to destroy an entire (mod-accurate) bloody armoured division is hardly what I'd call a fair action in this thread.
Also, @Kid, do I see Chapparals? Hmm. Don't you have Avengers for that? And... those surely couldn't be Abrams, could they? In an SWR related thread? I'd be afraid of losing my head for that if I were you...
And Centric's side-switching, while mildly distracting, has at least meant this thread is not dead. Would you prefer to be fighting against a double agent or nothing at all?

Reports are coming in of some kind of attack at Marseilles (World in Conflict reversed?). Hold one moment - satellite reconnaissance coming in now - looks like a major amphibious landing. This is most unfortunate. Comrade Centric, continue your attack on Northern France and the Netherlands - I'll deal with these...
Topol-M forces, you're clear to fire, coordinates 43°17′51″N, 5°22′38″E. Non-nuclear ordnance only, target the docks and port infrastructure.
*Two flights of twelve missiles leap clear of their launch tubes, and another flight of near-identical Bulava missiles ascends from Borei-class SSBNs from the Northern Fleet, travelling the brief distance across Western Russia and Eastern Europe. MIRVs eject, five per missile, and impact cranes, jetties, warehouses and loading docks. With the port area in flames, any further landings will require large amphibious forces.*
Very good. Now let's see about those remaining ships in the harbour...
*A small group of Oscar, Lada and Graney-class submarines concealed near Greece launch LACMs against the port. Provided with GPS navigation and using TERCOM, they loop overland and attack from the shore side, scattering mines across the city approaches before diving into several large amphibious ships already damaged by the ICBM strikes.*
It's unlikely this will do much more than slow them down - the US Marines are unfortunately well-equipped, but it should take them several weeks to resume the landings. Plus we have to deal with the forces already ashore. I suggest you take advantage of the mining carried out earlier and use VDV forces to secure the outskirts, preferably with a high emphasis on urban combat.

Why thank you, Mr. JB, for revealing to us your submarines. Ah, the joy of the P-3 Orion *Sinks JB's submarines with torpedoes launched from ASW aircraft* *Begins the landing of amphibious forces in the destroyed harbor* *Request for an engineering division to clear the harbor granted* *Harbor Clearing begins*
kinda, sorta alive.

#1242 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:42

Do you honestly think the captains would have been so stupid as to linger so long in their hiding place after launching their missiles for your simple propeller-driven aircraft to come all the way from North Africa (Italy is, after all, occupied airspace)? I think not... It is likely you simply encountered decoys.
*Phone rings*
"Da, Comrade Commander JB here... yes, I'm aware of the task force... what? Sunk? Idiots! Hasn't this war taught them anything?"
*Slams phone down*
One of those incompetent fools in the old Oscars evidently developed a malfunction after launch, and had surfaced to take on spares from one of the Ladas when the P-3s appeared. While the rest of the group escaped, this is extremely unfortunate; our submarine forces in the Mediterranean are now extremely limited. Reports are sketchy but some of the P-3s may have been intercepted on their way back home. Looks like it's up to the VVS to give us the fire support we need now.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1243 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:24

Are you sure about that? Have all those subs called in? Positive there hasn't been a little red october...? *winks*
kinda, sorta alive.

#1244 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:29

The P-3 Orion is to be replaced by the P-8 Poseidon by 2012, just so you know. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1245 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:40

View PostGhostrider, on 3 Sep 2008, 1:32, said:

*Incoming Message*

Attention ECA naval forces:

This is Captain Ghostrider, in command of a small fleet of freighters, en route to France. Requesting clearance to pass through ECA naval defenses and make port at Marseilles. I have specific orders NOT to make my cargo known to anyone... most of the crew have little idea themselves what we are carrying. Current freighters in transit are the American Victory, the Edgar B. Spear, the Edwin H. Gott, the Walter J. McCarthy, and the American Century. Whereabouts of Russian Vessels is unknown, but we would appreciate it if we were cleared ASAP. Over and out.

*End Message*

Posted Image

The attack on Marseilles has unfortunately caused heavy damage to the freighters, but more unfortunately, the American Century was sunk in the harbor. Recovery operations are well underway and casualties reportedly were low, but it is estimated that 75% of the cargo on the Century has been rendered inoperable.

*A full brigade (4,000 troops) of US rangers emerge from the American Victory and the Edgar B. Spear, occupying Marseilles and garrisoning buildings. 100 of these soldiers proceed to get in 20 Humvees offloaded from the American Century, and patrol around the streets of Marseilles. The rest of the cargo on the Century is being salvaged. 20 new F-22's arrive at the nearest airbase, having been shipped several days ago.*

Your care package has arrived. These troops will serve well.

Posted Image

Edited by Ghostrider, 27 September 2008 - 04:41.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#1246 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:46

View PostGhostrider, on 26 Sep 2008, 21:40, said:

View PostGhostrider, on 3 Sep 2008, 1:32, said:

*Incoming Message*

Attention ECA naval forces:

This is Captain Ghostrider, in command of a small fleet of freighters, en route to France. Requesting clearance to pass through ECA naval defenses and make port at Marseilles. I have specific orders NOT to make my cargo known to anyone... most of the crew have little idea themselves what we are carrying. Current freighters in transit are the American Victory, the Edgar B. Spear, the Edwin H. Gott, the Walter J. McCarthy, and the American Century. Whereabouts of Russian Vessels is unknown, but we would appreciate it if we were cleared ASAP. Over and out.

*End Message*

Posted Image

The attack on Marseilles has unfortunately caused heavy damage to the freighters, but more unfortunately, the American Century was sunk in the harbor. Recovery operations are well underway and casualties reportedly were low, but it is estimated that 75% of the cargo on the Century has been rendered inoperable.

*A full brigade (4,000 troops) of US rangers emerge from the American Victory and the Edgar B. Spear, occupying Marseilles and garrisoning buildings. 100 of these soldiers proceed to get in 20 Humvees offloaded from the American Century, and patrol around the streets of Marseilles. The rest of the cargo on the Century is being salvaged. 20 new F-22's arrive at the nearest airbase, having been shipped several days ago.*

Your care package has arrived. These troops will serve well.

Posted Image

Cheers, my regiment's casualties are exactly 20 Raptors. Thank you Ghostrider.

#1247 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:50

Rodger. Artillery Inbound. Extra AA support for the artillery units has been mobilized.
Posted Image
Sea Forces ready and standby.
Posted Image

Posted Image]

#1248 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:57

All right, the 2nd has secured Genoa and are the ports are ready to unload further reinforcements from allied troop ships.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1249 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:33

Me as a ROTR sprite:
Posted Image

Edited by Dr. Strangelove, 27 September 2008 - 05:33.

Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1250 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:14

Posted Image
PAK FA attacking all spearhead American/ECA airborne vehicles.

Posted Image]

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users