ROTR Recruitment N34: Round 2

1362 replies to this topic

#1251 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:24

Keep a unit of Su-47s as top cover...

Now hammer them.

Orbital reconnaissance also indicates that our own spearhead units have reached Rouen in France. Those Sentinels seem to be leaving quite a trail. Use that artillery and anti-air battalion to support them, and make sure you take advantage of our Su-25 squadrons based in Germany. Further north, Utrecht in the Netherlands has fallen, and VDV units have dropped into the north, and are proceeding to make their way swiftly to Amsterdam.
Forget Genoa - I'm not authorising any reinforcements to Italy at this time. If we can crack Amsterdam and Paris then we'll roll them up like the dirty yellow carpet, fit for nothing but being trampled by glorious Russian boots, that they are.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1252 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:42

I had some things for you JB:

1) ... I think fight against anything is better then fight against douple-spy. I and Kid fight against anything nearly 2-3 weeks.

2) If I remeber correctly, you are under command of Aleksandr right? So how you can send VDV units, that are Orlov's. You could only ask for them.

3) And who give you permission for using ICBMs from Topols?
[quote]* Has access to Topol Missiles and can only use them every 3 posts and be used by Generals ONLY no lower ranks unless told so.[/guote]
Only who can use them is General, and you arent general.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1253 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 27 September 2008 - 13:44

So sue me. Since we don't have a general, I'm acting at the rank. Your forces have also used general-level powers before without authorisation. Until I get a cease-and-desist from a mod member, I think the best way to keep this thread alive is to use the powers given in the rules in the manner they were intended. Another thing to note is that the Topol-Ms I use are not nuclear, as had previously been assumed (and I use them a lot more infrequently than every three posts). Given that I do not have forces technically under my command, coordination of these actually serves as my primary strike element. Any other forces are simply 'borrowed' as I am coordinating units such as air-defence networks thanks to my control of communication structures. I never claimed to control the VDV units either. I'm just reporting on war events and providing intelligence updates on the situation, as my job with the VKS dictates.

Edited by CommanderJB, 27 September 2008 - 14:06.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1254 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 14:20

View PostCommanderJB, on 27 Sep 2008, 14:44, said:

So sue me. Since we don't have a general, I'm acting at the rank. Your forces have also used general-level powers before without authorisation. Until I get a cease-and-desist from a mod member, I think the best way to keep this thread alive is to use the powers given in the rules in the manner they were intended. Another thing to note is that the Topol-Ms I use are not nuclear, as had previously been assumed (and I use them a lot more infrequently than every three posts). Given that I do not have forces technically under my command, coordination of these actually serves as my primary strike element. Any other forces are simply 'borrowed' as I am coordinating units such as air-defence networks thanks to my control of communication structures. I never claimed to control the VDV units either. I'm just reporting on war events and providing intelligence updates on the situation, as my job with the VKS dictates.

Which general-level power we use hmm? Solar Blast? It used Crazykenny, who IS ECA General.

Topols in RotR arent nuclear. You arent allowed to use Topol Missile Strike, thats it. You break one of the basic rules that there are.

You need to be in Aleksandr's, Orlov's or Zhukov's forces. You cant be something between it. It is unfair when you can control ALL types of Russian units.

So as you now say, u are only reporting, not ordering units, if I undderstand it right. If you want send PAK Fas to fight, you must be under Aleksandr. If you could use Topols as convetional unit, you must be under Zhukov. If you want send VDV units and Spetnaz, you must be under Orlov. Did you think that for example Kid, who is under Wolfgang, can you Willem's things as he wish?

Edited by Volen Metalic, 27 September 2008 - 19:34.

Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#1255 Kamikazi

Your worst nightmare

• Project Team
  • 1252 posts
  • Projects: EC Co-Leader and NLS Beta Tester

Posted 27 September 2008 - 19:18

Im back now, had loads of shit to do for school :\

"Can you give me a status report, commander Volen"

Edited by Kamikazi, 27 September 2008 - 19:19.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1256 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 19:33

View PostKamikazi, on 27 Sep 2008, 20:18, said:

Im back now, had loads of shit to do for school :\

"Can you give me a status report, commander Volen"

It is very big story, but I will try.
Commander Centric is now (again) on Russian side.
Commander JB lunched a great assault on all fronts, but he dont expect American forces as reinforcements.
US Marines landed in Marseiles (right?).

Posted Image

#1257 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 27 September 2008 - 19:50

Oh, fuck it. Congressional permission be damned, we're being TOPOL'd, lets fuck with them back. *All USA forces in theatre or en-route. Code BLUE. I repeat, Code BLUE. Move to your battle stations (positions marked as of last week). Code Blue is initiating.*

*A trio of particle cannons along the US Eastern seaboard light up, cyan beams ripping through the air, and hit their satellite mounted mirrors- re-directing them to France. The trio of bright blue beams spear through most of the Russian armored spearheads in France.* *US Subs in the English channel surface, receive orders, and release Tomahawk cruise missiles. A thousand feet from the ground, these new missiles drop bomblets, which are spread over several miles. When the missile bodies themselves land, the secondary charges go off, destroying a large number of fixed Russian emplacements in the process*. US forces to high alert. Prepare for battle, men.
kinda, sorta alive.

#1258 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 19:52

Alright, we've deployed heavy forces at Genoa and are still deploying troops at Marseilles. We could try to reinforce positions in northern Europe or push to the east to retake Italy and relieve ECA forces in the Alps.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1259 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 19:59

LOL! This is so fun!
MGL 140 - 5.000€
US Army Humvee - 60.000$
Ride the Humvee on the top, shooting 40mm grenades to the ruskies PRICELESS.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1260 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 27 September 2008 - 21:16

I'm starting to get fed up with these ruskies who think they rule the skies...
Posted Image
I suppose we'll just have to keep proving them wrong
EDIT: Credit to JuniorGeneral for the images.

Edited by Swimmer, 27 September 2008 - 21:33.

kinda, sorta alive.

#1261 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 21:31

Hell Yeah.

*USAF Central Command sends 10 squadron of modified Aurora Alpha bomber squadron*

*Aurora Alpha squadrons destroying all of Russian AAA in France, Germany and Italy, demoralizing Russian troops*

#1262 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 21:39

*Cavalry and Searchman Groups strikes Russian artillery placement and destroy them only with lose of 2 T-55 and T-72.*
Posted Image

#1263 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 23:49

View PostSwimmer, on 28 Sep 2008, 7:16, said:

I'm starting to get fed up with these ruskies who think they rule the skies...
Posted Image
I suppose we'll just have to keep proving them wrong
EDIT: Credit to JuniorGeneral for the images.

Posted Image
@ thread:

ECA:
* Only have Access to Light infantry and Bunkers/defenses/Unmobilized Artillery. This is until new updates have been given to you.
* Have Solar Blast Super weapon: BUT can only use it once every 5 posts and be used by Generals ONLY no lower ranks unless told so.
* Do not I repeat do not have access to Pilot Sniping or Vehicle Sniping capabilities but do have Basic Anti tank Missiles.
* You are Defending Not attacking, So no going into Russian Boaders. Only Until the a ROTR Update says so.
* No vehicle stealing, your not GLA for starters.
* You have Anti Missile defenses and can only use them every 3 posts and be used by Generals ONLY no lower ranks unless told so.

Russia:
* Have Access to Heavy Tanks, Aircraft and Infantry.
* Have Tremor Super Weapon: BUT can only use it once every 5 posts and be used by Generals ONLY no lower ranks unless told so.
* No ECM or Countermeasures
* We are Attacking so no Turteling.
* Has access to Topol Missiles and can only use them every 3 posts and be used by Generals ONLY no lower ranks unless told so.

USA:
* The Isolationist government has only allowed a portion of the US army (an expeditionary force of no more than a handful of forces) to help their European Allies.
* No SDI Defenses unless told otherwise. Only anti missile defenses are available at the home front, not Europe.

NO random Nuclear Wars.

Most importantly, follow the storyline, this storyline can be found on our website.

Posted Image]

#1264 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:09

The problem with only defending and not attacking though, Centric, is that if ECA/USA forces get pushed back, and if we can't attack, then we can only lose ground. This would result in ECA/USA forces inevitably losing, which is not the idea of this thread (it's supposed to be fair after all). Ergo, we should at least be able to take back ground that we have lost.

Attention US Forces:
We have received permission from the Pentagon to engage Soviet invaders. Be advised that if spotted, orders are to eliminate any enemy threat.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#1265 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:49

View PostGhostrider, on 28 Sep 2008, 12:09, said:

The problem with only defending and not attacking though, Centric, is that if ECA/USA forces get pushed back, and if we can't attack, then we can only lose ground. This would result in ECA/USA forces inevitably losing, which is not the idea of this thread (it's supposed to be fair after all). Ergo, we should at least be able to take back ground that we have lost.

Attention US Forces:
We have received permission from the Pentagon to engage Soviet invaders. Be advised that if spotted, orders are to eliminate any enemy threat.

TBH, I don't know whether to go forward or backwards. I think a small push in the right direction by RotR storyline should hopefully fix things.

Posted Image]

#1266 DerKrieger

Hillbilly Gun Nut

• 1758 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:22

US and ECA troops take the offensive as divisions push through France into western Germany and northern Italy and relieve ECA forces holding out in the Alps.
Posted Image
-US and ECA troops plan an assault on a Russian stronghold in Italy.

The lightning assault is preceded by a "Steel Rain" artillery bombardment and airstrikes on Russian positions.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Further reinforcements arrive from Britain across the English channel to fight in the Netherlands. In addition, the USS Gerald R. Ford carrier group has been deployed to the North Atlantic to aid allied forces in northern Europe.
Posted Image
-USS Gerald R. Ford in the North Atlantic.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1267 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:50

Centric Reporting !
-------------------------------------------------
Name: The 2nd Guards Tamanskya.
Commander: Polkóvnik Kuper Nivark
Speciality: Armoured Devison
Most preferred unit: MSTA S, Ka 52 Blackshark, Kodiak, S-300, Sential
Armament: Heavy kill-vehicles, others (classified)
Strong against: Advanced defenses and Bunkered Positions.
Weak Against: Artillery, Airstrikes

Posted Image]

#1268 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:09

Comrades, the time has come. I have come to the conclusion that my position in the VKS is no longer the best use of my abilities to help the Motherland's cause. I have transferred to the Military Air Forces, under the command of General Aleksandr himself, and will proceed to use my new units to demolish anything and everything that stands in our way. There will be no warning, and no mercy.

Posted Image
Name: Voyenno Vozdushnye Sily (VVS) Special Purpose Command
Commander: Polkóvnik Sergei Kasprov
Speciality: Aerial support, tracking and engagement; anti-aerial missile units and artillery corps
Most preferred unit: Sukhoi PAK-FA Stealth Multi-Role Frontline Tactical Fighter, Sukhoi Su-25K 'Frogfoot' Anti-tank/Anti-structure attack bomber, Ilyushin Il-76 Cargo Aircraft, Kamov Ka-50 ('Werewolf') Attack Helicopter, Mil Mi-28N Night Hunter ('Havoc') Attack Helicopter, S-300PMU2 Favorit (SA-10E 'Grumble-E') Surface-to-Air Missile complex, Tunguska-M1 (SA-19 'Grison') 9K38 Igla (SA-18 'Grouse') infantry
Armament: Air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, surface-to-air missiles, thermobaric weaponry
Strong against: Tanks, fixed positions, area targets
Weak Against: Anti-aircraft units, garrisoned infantry, special forces

Now, I think it's time we put these to good use, don't you?

Well, now. I see we have American tanks in the Netherlands. What annoying little things. Sadly our siege of Amsterdam has left you in no real position to defend them.
*PAK FA fighters streak across the skies from their bases in Germany and, in conjunction with S-300 brigades emplaced across the countryside by the advancing Motor Rifle divisions, secure an aerial cordon. Su-25s are used to bait American carrier aircraft into revealing themselves, and the PAK FAs loose BVRAAMs at any targets which do. Any aircraft attempting to approach overland are instantly replied to by the S-300s, and while some make it through and units on the outskirts take damage, casualty ratios are significantly in Mother Russia's favour.
Into this cordon fly three units of Kamov Ka-50s, armed with devastating 9K123 Vikhr supersonic ATGMs, which tear through the composite armour of the American Crusaders like tissue paper. Orbiting reconnaissance aircraft keep a close watch out for hot dots of missile launchers, while the Ka-50s mow through any and all vehicles they find. Some American Missile Defenders inflict casualties, and total losses amount to one of the three squadrons, but the wing-pair system ensures that any casualty is instantly avenged.*
Comrade Centric, use this opportunity! I want Amsterdam flying a Russian flag before this day is out.

Edited by CommanderJB, 28 September 2008 - 11:26.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1269 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:33

We have to use some real action do we now?

*HALOs occupying every structure, taking firespots and ready to counter helicopters*

*Revised Missile Avenger Mk3 enters the area, ready to provide AA support and counter-warhead support*

#1270 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:42

Request more tanks to Amsterdam !

Also Carrier Battlegroup heading to Italy !
Posted Image

Posted Image]

#1271 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:45

Centric, my high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft will provide you with the information and targeting information you need on those troops in structures with FLIR. If you destroy these with you MSTA-S units, then you can simply annihilate their Avengers with Sentinels and Kodiaks, we can resume air superiority, and Amsterdam will be ours by dinnertime.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1272 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:01

Rodger ! Carrier task force attacking USS USS Gerald R. Ford.

Posted Image]

#1273 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:27

US Weapons satellite looms ominously in orbit:
Posted Image

*Goes to sprite MIB agents causing mischief*
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#1274 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:48

@ Centric, I have an USA Exp. Force, formed by 2 Blackhawks, 2 M48 Chaparrals, 4 Abrams 50 Men And 20 Men of the Spanish Armed Force plus, the Kiddo-Humvee

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#1275 Centric

Usa, I'm Thirsty

• 924 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:50

The Admiral Kirkov has been sent to stop the American Advance.
Posted Image

Posted Image]

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users