Russia and Georgia in Conflict

114 replies to this topic

#101 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:48

I don't think a Thread stays open when there has been a Flame War.

And:

Well, I do not think can. why? Because I have had a shitty week, a boring day, lack of smokes, and i am itching for a fight. So, if they must, they can punish me.

Don't know about the other's, but to me that doesn't realy make a valid point to start flaming.
If you are looking for a fight, then don't visit E-Studios.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#102 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:50

You must respect someone's perspective no matter what you believe of it. If you think Al Hassan is wrong, explain to him why so that you might get a productive outcome. Simply saying 'you're dumb, no playing favourites' isn't going to convince anyone, let alone the person in question. And might I suggest if you're feeling particularly ticked off at the world, that here is not the best place to deal with it? My brother has a music teacher who has a poster on his wall which is a simple circle, with text underneath it, saying 'Stress relief; hit head here until stress disappears'. Which is of course inadvisable from some points of view, but it's supposed to work.
Anyway, I digress. On topic, there can be no doubt that Geogia is getting pounded, and unless the war stops soon they probably won't have a military left. I think that it also may be best if Saakashvili steps aside, whether or not his is as unstable as the Russian reports suggest.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:04

Latest news: Georgia offers ceasefire

#104 E.V.E.

Femme Fatale Of The Army

• Gold Member
  • 6564 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:07

They are indeed backing of, big time.

- E.V.E.

Posted Image

#105 Thunderstruck

Veteran

• 424 posts
  • Projects: Photoshop fan.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:13

Oh, all right. But
Posted Image

My personal sig. More to come. :D

#106 nip

Grunze-Catz

• 608 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:26

AL_Hassan, on 10 Aug 2008, 22:48, said:

Right now the casualty ratio is:

Russia: 21 men
Georgia: 300 men

Let me correct this.

Russia: 21 men
Georgia: 300 men
Civilians: >2000 men, women, children

And right now according to German news it seems Russia has begun to invade a sovereign country. Russian tanks moving towards the town of Gori in Central Georgia. The town is being bombed massively from the air and from artillery. The US military began flying 2,000 Georgian troops home from Iraq after Georgia recalled them, we may see some escalation in the near future.

#107 Thunderstruck

Veteran

• 424 posts
  • Projects: Photoshop fan.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:27

Well, the world is just a big shit sandwich. And i get the feeling we will all have to take a bite very soon...
Posted Image

My personal sig. More to come. :D

#108 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:25

Well said...this could escalate into a war of several western countries fighting for Georgia against Russia and the former USSR...Which on the other Hand, could escalate into WW3...better not.

#109 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:17

This war is Floccinaucinihilipilification
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#110 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:28

Master_Chief, on 11 Aug 2008, 7:25, said:

Well said...this could escalate into a war of several western countries fighting for Georgia against Russia and the former USSR...Which on the other Hand, could escalate into WW3...better not.

That could happen only in video games ffs

Western nations would hardly even send weapons and supplies to Georgia but manpower is out of the question as they are already in deep shit cause of bogus intel on Iraq and Afghanistan
Posted Image

#111 Ilves

Amateur

• 134 posts
  • Projects: Rogue Republic

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:36

Sorry about that post. I had to edit it lest I get banned. It was very very harsh, and brutal. But Al Hassan is still dumb. biggrin.gif NO PLAYING FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbo, if you look carefully, then you might spot that I was quoting news agencies 8| And if you don't like what THEY say (not me) - then kill yourself. Don't matter how much you hate the news, the theory of gravity or that the earth is spherical - the news, the theory of gravity and the earth won't even care to listen that you don't like them. :)
So there are basically two choices. Either you admit that the Earth is spherical and that US-puttet Georgia is loosing, either if this facts make you mad... you can relieve your tortures with a katana.

Civilians: >2000 men, women, children

Yes, 2000 people died in ruins of Tshinkvali.. and continue to die more as Georgian snipers avoid mobile hospitals from leaving the city.

And right now according to German news it seems Russia has begun to invade a sovereign country.

It's an another Georgian info duck. Ministry of Defense said the there will be no invasion inside Georgia. However, some forces will be placed in Georgian-Abkhazian frontline, mainly, to stop Abkhazia, not what's left from Georgian army - Abkhazians are willing to capture the Georgian port of Sugdidi and they will if the war won't be over before.
Posted Image

#112 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:57

Al Hassan, stop defending the Russians goddamnit. In my opinion, you're country shouldnt even be there.
Posted Image

#113 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:00

How else would you respond to the a foreign government that launch a military assault against civilian that owns your country's passport while killing your peacekeeping soldiers in the process?

#114 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:13

Stop it you guys. If this thread closes how on earth would I get the news about the Russian/Georgia Conflict?

#115 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:16

Too late

Thread Closed: Politics

:)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users