Rise of the Reds Recruitment Station N34

179 replies to this topic

#26 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 28 January 2009 - 18:39

I'll take the role of Russian Commander Д if I may.

1) What position would you like to apply for?
See above.
2) If that position is taken would you mind taking another?
Yes.
3) Do you have an understanding of the rules? Will you adhere to them?
Yes, read them, and I will follow them.
4) Will you be active on weekdays?
Yes.
5) What made you apply for our game?
RotR is a great mod, and I like these forum roleplays. I've been part of some of them.
6) Do you promise to be on your best behaviour in this thread at all times?
Certainly.
Posted Image

#27 CommanderJB

Grand Admiral, Deimos Fleet, Red Banner

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 28 January 2009 - 22:51

General Swimmer will be leading the forces of the ECA. I'll be contacting both Generals shortly and asking you to position your initial forces, and with one more Commander, we can begin.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:55

Where are the maps? |8

Aren't there supposed to be maps? 8|

I CANT THINK 8| IF THERE IS NO MAPS TO LOOK AT!

#29 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:59

Although the Influence Map will basically stays the same, the Tactical Map will have to wait until The Dr gets the information about the starting location of bases under control by Generals and Officers, which the Generals hasn't been contacted by GM as of yet.

So, just wait.

#30 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts
  • Projects: Rise of the Reds beta testing & publicity officer; military technology consultancy; New World Order

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:58

Biiiiig changes on the horizon folks. Actually not on the horizon, steamrolling this way at high speed. I'll post again when I've worked it out with the people involved, but suffice to say that the map I would otherwise post from last time is no longer applicable and you can expect to see a massively overhauled combat system.

"Working together, we can build a world in which the rule of law — not the rule of force — governs relations between states. A world in which leaders respect the rights of their people, and nations seek peace, not destruction or domination. And neither we nor anyone else should live in fear ever again." - Wesley Clark

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:10

As expected. I couldn't imagine the game to start with that obsolete ruleset out there. It will get better, slower (that is really important) and more organised.

Edited by Aftershock, 29 January 2009 - 12:11.

Posted Image

#32 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 18:42

Soo... Rules are going to get another overhaul?

#33 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 19:18

Uhmm.... We could make real fights with Soldats. |8

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#34 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 19:34

Quick question. Will tactics bonuses [such as bonuses for flanking an opposing army, bonuses for firing from cover (such as high ground or from forests)] come into play?

Also, how do the artillery come into play? I know that there is different levels of squads, but what about composition of the squad? The outcome of a battle should be different if a squad has more diverse units to combat everything that comes in front of it rather than a squad that just the same units just a lot of them. (such as a group comprising of an aa tank (quad cannon perhaps), a few rocket troopers and one tank is most likely better than 5 tanks)

Also (I know this is not going to happen for a while, and definitely not in this round) but when will the other 3 factions come into play?

#35 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 19:41

View PostFCS The General, on 29 Jan 2009, 18:42, said:

Soo... Rules are going to get another overhaul?

In one way YES, in another NO

View PostSergeant Major J. Kid, on 29 Jan 2009, 19:18, said:

Uhmm.... We could make real fights with Soldats. 8|

You'll see, the combat model has indeed been changed

View PostElectron, on 29 Jan 2009, 19:34, said:

Quick question. Will tactics bonuses [such as bonuses for flanking an opposing army, bonuses for firing from cover (such as high ground or from forests)] come into play?

You'll have to wait and see |8

Also, how do the artillery come into play? I know that there is different levels of squads, but what about composition of the squad? The outcome of a battle should be different if a squad has more diverse units to combat everything that comes in front of it rather than a squad that just the same units just a lot of them. (such as a group comprising of an aa tank (quad cannon perhaps), a few rocket troopers and one tank is most likely better than 5 tanks)

You will have to wait and see what changes are made, but the way you are used to seeing the RP play has altered a great deal

Also (I know this is not going to happen for a while, and definitely not in this round) but when will the other 3 factions come into play?

You'll have to wait and see 8|

I don't want to give away too much as this is run by JB and it's his job to announce everything, but hopefully you'll be impressed with the way we've made changes.

#36 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 22:31

GAAAAAH! ITS THE "Just wait and see..." EXCUSE!
:cool:

:xD:

#37 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 22:36

Sorry, but there are several things still to be finalized and there is no point telling you them if they change. We are working on them right now and will do our best to have them asap as we'd all like to see this get underway.

#38 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:19

No problem... take your time. As they say "you can't rush art".
:cool:

Edited by Electron, 29 January 2009 - 23:56.

#39 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:23

That's exactly it - we have an idea of the answers to most of the questions you've asked but some of them are still under consideration and it's a lot easier and more sensible for us to update you all at once once we're done.
As for other questions, the other three armies are not likely going to appear for some considerable period into this one, probably once we reach an impasse, a team victory or a lack of activity that demands some sort of start over. The game will likely introduce progressive changes, and this will be one of them, but we have to see if we can get it to work this way before we even think about adding more people and more factions.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 23:56

Thanks for the response. :cool:

#41 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 17:58

So..... has anyone come forward to claim that last position we need? If not (and I know this is a stupid question), can I do double jobs?
:cool: :xD: :P :cool: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign: :wtfsign:

Probly not, right? Just asking....

Edited by Electron, 30 January 2009 - 17:59.

#42 CommanderJB

• Fallen Brother
  • 3736 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 00:17

No to both, I'm afraid. We still need one more Commander for the ECA.
(Also please refrain from using large lines of smilies. One is often more than enough.)
New maps are currently being drawn; when they're done, we'll finalise the rules, post them up, and get underway.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 31 January 2009 - 00:40

I can give a shot at ECA commander I guess. But somedays may see me with 0 activity due to possible uni work (I'll try to give advance warning.)
Posted Image

#44 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:06

Looks like we have our last needed player! :D

I look forward to an interesting game, and hopefully, some fun. 8|

P.S. Sorry about the smiles. Ill make sure not to do that.
:P

Edited by Electron, 31 January 2009 - 01:08.

#45 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:15

Electron, don't worry about it, you're new. listen to JB he's got a good head on his shoulders and you'll be fine.

#46 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:51

Im not worried, im just anxious. :P

#47 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:12

I'll wait until you're done. I ain't in a hurry for this.
Posted Image

#48 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 31 January 2009 - 19:37

I will be needing the whole ECA teams MSN's. PM them to me :P. Or add me, with a little note as to who you are (The_Swimmer99@Hotmail.com)
kinda, sorta alive.

#49 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:53

1) What position would you like to apply for?
Commander Gamma of the European Continental Army.

2) If that position is taken would you mind taking another?
Not anymore since its full if I take that position.

3) Do you have an understanding of the rules? Will you adhere to them?
Yes and I will obey them like any forum member should be.

4) Will you be active on weekdays?
Yes, but I will not appear on Sundays.

5) What made you apply for our game?
To experience the thrill, the fun, and the excitement of this Roleplay.

6) Do you promise to be on your best behaviour in this thread at all times?
Yes at all times.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Electron

Visitor

• 29 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:23

Sooo..... what do we do now? We have two people now who want the last seat... 8|

hmmmm..... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users