Red Alert 3 expansion pack announced!

437 replies to this topic

#426 KiraSama

Vago Profesional

• 2145 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:22

excuse me but i have to laugh at the irony of the whole tesla thing

because the first thing about tesla than poped when RA3 was announce was how EA was overusing them
Posted Image

#427 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:24

View PostKiraSama, on 22 Mar 2009, 12:22, said:

excuse me but i have to laugh at the irony of the whole tesla thing

because the first thing about tesla than poped when RA3 was announce was how EA was overusing them

And that is what I mean. It's never right. Some say EA ain't moving on from the old gameplay, and some say it doesn't look like the old games. But then, it's nit just with RA3... Eugh, I'm in a whining mood again :P
Posted Image

#428 Rayburn

People-Hater

• Gold Member
  • 4802 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:35

At this point, additional Tesla tech for the Russians might be a good idea because from the four new units they have so far, the Desolator is not an original RA3 idea as it was introduced in RA2, the Reaper is basically a beefed-up Sickle, the Grinder is a badly done filler unit nobody gives a crap about and the bike doesn't quite fit the Soviet faction design. The Allies on the other hand received a high tech gunship, a high tech artillery system, a high tech tank and a high tech jet trooper whilst the Empire got their Archers which can be compared to Imperial Warriors and Shinobi in the way of traditional Japanese warfare meets high tech and two mech-like units. So, it can be said that the developers expanded on the existing themes of the Allies and the Empire while giving re-cycled/half-arsed gapfiller units to the Soviet. If that's the alternative, then yes, additional Tesla stuff would have been better indeed but meh, why do I even give a damn...

Edited by Rayburn, 22 March 2009 - 11:39.

#429 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:00

I beg to differ, Grinders are really useful once you try them.

Also about the desolator, the dev team said they were big fans of RA2 and decided to add it to Uprising, and the 'Reaper' is based off a scrapped YR concept.
Posted Image

#430 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:04

The Grinder may be 'useful' but the animation and the design behind unit itself are utterly retarded.

Edited by Alias, 22 March 2009 - 12:04.

Posted Image

#431 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:05

Except the Desolater in RA2 deployed and created this frakking big radiation field that simply killed everything in a MASSIVE radius but cannot damage Terror Drones and tanks usually are strong enough to just walk right up to the Deso and shoot at him >.> His primary weapon was a radbeam that probably insta-killed almost all infantry and damages tanks but...the only use for the Deso in RA2 was that radfield.

On the other hand, lightning already experiences a lot of friction on the way to the ground, so if you used Tesla weapons in the skies... :P
Posted Image

#432 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 22 March 2009 - 13:59

The rad beam barely scratched tanks. The field kills practically anything that sits there for long enough though.
Posted Image

#433 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 14:14

I remember the old bug where you could force fire while the Desolator was deployed and you'd get a rapid-fire contamination leading to the very fast death of even the heaviest tank.

Good times.

Posted Image

#434 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 14:47

for the soviet faction the Reaper and the Grinder are nice, the former because of it's ability to attack both ground and air (something the soviets lacked) and the grinder just seems fun to use.

The desolator is cool and we all know it, doesn't matter whether it is a recycled idea or not.

Only the bike is something that evokes my disgust. A bike for soviets, what the hell.
Posted Image

#435 ultimentra

Professional

• 358 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:59

Another technology that existed for the soviets in other red alert games and was never expanded upon was flame weaponry. There are alot of possible applications for that too. Can anyone say, better infantry rush deterrent than the sickle?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#436 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 24 March 2009 - 21:54

The more I think about it, the more I don't like the Grinder. It feels like an ill conceived unit imo.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#437 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 22:40

IDK, but EA might have tried Tesla MiG, since the "prototype" described in MiG was a Tesla prototype, but maybe EA is too lazy :D

The Tesla wall too, it could have been uber, what a shame EA abandoned them.

And, the Tesla Tank. Tesla Tank should be added (Most should agree), and to be up to par with Mirage (Which it should be), while bring Apoc up to X1's bar. Same should be applied for Steel Ronin, IDK.

#438 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:24

View Postultimentra, on 24 Mar 2009, 5:59, said:

Can anyone say, better infantry rush deterrent than the sickle?

That's what we need. Sickles get mowed down by infantry spam, they should get more resilience against rockets and bullets.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users