My particle gallery :3

271 replies to this topic

#76 Admiral

Semi-Pro

• 213 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 20:45

I want these fXs they are the best, nice to see someone to dare mess with those FX and particles and be a little creative by making some crazy explosion and Fxs. I Think one of your first post with the moab, with the large shockwave and blue color was perfect very nice FX. I want you on my msn list, because your FXs deserve a place in my own non public mod.

Thanx

#77 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 08 July 2009 - 20:48

If you want to relase it in your mod for several people go on too, just give me credit |8
See you on the msn then :read:

#78 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:15

So I could have your particles for my public mod? or private only?

Well see you on msn..
Posted Image

#79 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 17:00

Both 8|
Also my newest particle.

Edited by Failure, 10 July 2009 - 17:01.

#80 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 10 July 2009 - 17:26

How do those inf survive 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#81 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 17:29

EPIC Infantries 8|

#82 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 17:35

I've fixed it, can't be assed to make another video of same thing 8|

#83 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 21:53

Good, it was really odd to see a infantry survive an epic blast 8|

#84 comradeda

Casual

• 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:32

View PostFailure, on 11 Jul 2009, 1:00, said:

Both 8|
Also my newest particle.
REMOVED VIDEO

The big white smoke trails could be thinner, but have more smoke (I thought of saying "thicker", but that doesn't make sense).

Other than that, tres cool!

#85 samster01

Lord Kirby

• Project Leader
  • 1317 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict Co-Leader and FF Beta Tester

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:36

Ah wow very nice new effect there, Failure.

That's one heck of an incendiary bomb. :D

I conclude that those infantry are wearing 100% proof flame resistant suits. 8|

- Sam
Posted Image

Posted Image
Many thanks to Pav3d for the awesome EC sig. :P Gameplay >>>>> Graphics Always

#86 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 19:07

Nuclear tank death fx.
Nuke cannon comes soon.

It's WIP

Edited by Failure, 01 August 2009 - 20:29.

#87 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 21:42

I'm impressed with the Nuke Cannon ordinance. Not quite sure on the smoke trail from the shell, but after the shell hits, you've managed to create very faithful rendition of a nuclear mushroom cloud and all that goes into making such a cloud. If only the game recognized that trees don't instantly light on fire when in the presence of a nuclear explosion. Not your fault really, but focusing more on the explosion itself, from top to bottom it was magnificent.
Posted Image

#88 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 19:16

Thanks Warboss ;) While the shell trail was intentionally implemented "for the looks" and it isn't meant to be realistic, the mushroom cloud itself needs some more work, since I've talked with Hunter and he pointed out that there's clipping between mushroom's fire and smoke texture.
That, and maybe some more textures or details will make it a lot better.
Well, you said that the tree's light on fire when the nuke explodes, the game itself can't recognise when the explosion itself can ignite or not tree's.
But you can specify in weapon code, the damage type that it deals. I've gave the nuke second weapon, that deals almost no damage, but ignite's stuff in big radius.
I can't say if it's realistic or not, but hey, nuke's do a lot of heat, don't they? Apart from that, Hunter was so kind to help me, and he sent me a code to reenable the tree's to be burnable and destroyable like in generals without zero hour expansion. So I want to test the new tree's.
Maybe I will delay the weapon spawn, so the tree's ignite after some time, and not instantly.
But Huntah also helped me with the neutronmissileslowdeathbehaviour, so I can now implement it to all my big explosions and they will make the tree's topple on certain radius, just like defeault nuke.

#89 Admiral

Semi-Pro

• 213 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 20:03

Hey friend. I have played the blitzkrieg new mod with the littleboy nukestrike using fatman model, but I think I am missing something like the fire ring that ignites everything in a certain radius, but I have implemented the nuke in my own mod, but that fx is just missing. There is a ocl called nukefirestorm using a nukefirestorm object, but that is non existing in that mod. Can you help me. Btw very nice work once again, youn are improving day by day.

Thanx

#90 Su8perkillr

See the red light on your chest?

• 559 posts
  • Projects: Losing the game

Posted 03 August 2009 - 22:55

beautiful work out there. id want to have the full version when ur done. i wont use it for a mod or so, just personal use.

Edited by su8perkillr, 03 August 2009 - 23:08.

Posted Image

#91 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 17:06

Thanks for your fine words guys ;)
@Admiral, I'm not in charge if it goes about Blitzkrieg 2 mod, so I don't know if the tree igniting weapon would be a good idea.
Take in mind, that most of battles in that mod are using epic ammounts of tanks, so nuke that blows all of them, and ignites tree's, would be overkill for most computers.
Additionally, I don't know if Blitz 2 mod, has got any fix that reenables the tree burning feature :)
You can always go to DerelictStudios and ask there, you will get a response really fast.

@su8perkillr, You can use all of my shit in public mod, as long as you'll give me credit for those fx's.
If it goes about completing the mod, I don't really know. I'm scrapping all generals units like lazer tank or the aurora alpha, and I'm adding them to 3 defeault factions, so every faction will be boss itself. It's going to be unbalanced maybe, and I don't know if I will finnish it completely, but so far, I can tell:

USA

New Tanks - Laser Crusader, Laser Paladin - Both buildable after researching the "Laser Technology" science ( Rank 3 )
New Artilery - MLRS - More firepower than tomahawk, needs strategy center to build. It's easy to destroy.
New Aircraft - Aurora Alpha ( from sw general ), A10 Warthog ( Rockets and real vulcan + recorded sound of it in realtime :/ ), B3 equiped with neutron bomb, B52 with cluster bomb, F117 with one powerfull bomb, that later can bo upgraded to bunker buster.
New Helicopters - Comanche - New model and death, Apache - Powerfull AT cannon, rocket pods, and player manual fireable hellfire missile, Osprey - good for transporting units, but slow, Blackhawk - good for transporting troops.
Infantry - Pilot. You can build pilot with HEROIC rank for 1500$.

Superweapon - I don't know yet but probably, some kind of nuclear missile.
No new sciences yet for Usa.

CHINA
It's a bit more complicated.

Tanks - Battlemaster - Nuke general battlemaster, that can be upgraded later to autoloaders.
Emperor - Tank general Emperor with behaviour of nuclear overlord of nuke general. Can be upgraded to autoloaders.
Those tanks are defeault with nuclear engines and locomotor, and they explode in nuclear clouds.
They can be upgraded to fussion reactors, so they don't asplode, but the cost of this upgrade is really high, since those tanks are overkill with autoloaders and without nuclear death.
Nuke cannon - No science needed, but as for shell explosion - look in my previous post :P, It fires a powerfull nuclear shell that's size of defeault nuclear missile. Reloades 2x defeault time, also radius of cannon is increased. Added smoke trail to shell, so player can spot from where it hit him.
Aircraft - At the moment normall china mig, and nuclear mig that can be upgraded to carry nuclear missiles.
I'm going to add some more planes from my free models thread. I don't know about helicopters, since I don't have any.

Sciences, so far are mostly unit training one's.

Red Guard Training - After researching your Minigunners( they replace redguards )are builded as HEROIC.
Battlemaster Training - After researching your Battlemasters are builded as HEROIC.
Gatling Tank Training - After researching your Gatling Tank's are builded as HEROIC.
Artillery Training - After researching Nuke Cannon's and Inferno Cannon's are builded as HEROIC.
I'll probably add special power that allows some small nuke drop by plane.

No GLA yet, but I'm going to scrap all generals units too and add maybe some advanced bomb truck, and degraded nuclear weapons.

I would also like to ask for help, since the AI can't build and use new unit's like Nuclear Mig, they only use the napalm one.
The same goes for usa, it can build crusader, but paladin and laser paladin and laser paladin, they can't.
So if you are experienced with modding AI, or would like to help it would be really nice :D

Edited by Failure, 04 August 2009 - 17:13.

#92 Erik

Feels green.

• Project Leader
  • 978 posts
  • Projects: ZH: Frontlines

Posted 04 August 2009 - 20:18

That concept reminds me of my old mod, where i did basically the same by making all upgardes cost 10000$ and making them all OP. Ever saw Flashbangs melting through tanks and causing firestorm? xD

#93 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 23:14

ok. i just want the md, not rip it or stuff. were can i follow it?
Posted Image

#94 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 17:33

@Erik, The upgrades and units cost's are going to be high, but them all together with buildings will build instantly, so you can have epic battles.
Playing against brutal gla is really hard now.

@su8perkillr,
I didn't made any thread with my mod. If I will finnish it or not, I will make a topic with download link,

#95 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 18:35

ok. any idea what time its gonna take? days, weeks, months, seasons, years, decades, millenia, even more? ^^
Posted Image

#96 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:05

On your nuke cannon detonation FX,

The initial explosion is quite alright, everything looks pretty decent. But the smoke that forms the stem seems too thin at first. More importantly, the stem is lingering longer than the cap. I think it would flow better if the stem completely absorbed into said cap before everything faded. And I think it would look better for the smoke kicked up on the ground to last longer than the stem's systemlifetime, or perhaps for the same duration, but certainly not shorter.

That's all the criticism I have to offer. Otherwise, I think you have quite a decent nuke effect going. Though it does seem a tad overkill for a nuke cannon if you have say a few of them firing at the same location.

#97 Failure

Professional

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 21:23

New version of nuke cannon

#98 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 21:28

Epic awesomeness o:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#99 Su8perkillr

• 559 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 22:58

should be on fire for more time i think
Posted Image

#100 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 23:15

It's an improvement.

I agree with the above post for one, it isn't fiery enough.
Secondly, that muzzle flash is going to need some serious work all-around.
Third, the base of the stem is still too inconsistent. Maybe you could make the stem particles fade in, giving them an alpha around 0 to start, so it doesn't seem to stand out so much. Maybe even give it a hint of a dust color near the ground that fades into the gray.
Lastly, the stem still doesn't look good fading out. It should disappear with or into the mushroom, not afterward.

Sorry if I sound nitpicky, but the positives are rather obvious and have already been stated.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users